My tiffany blue wintery wedding

Hi all!ve read so many of your planning threads and got alot of inspiration so I thought i should  share my own ideas! Here's a little bit about us ;

H2b proposed to me in 2012 whilst on a snowboarding holiday , wev been together for 7 years and I was not expecting it at all, he did an awesome job of it too, right at the top of a snowy mountain ! 2012 was a pretty great year for us because I also found out I was pregnant, he's now 6 weeks old! I had planned to make loads of things for the wedding on maternity, before the baby Came....But I finished work on Friday and my waters broke that night! Anyway, 2 days later and we had our little boy 4 weeks early. 

Anyway.... I have managed to find a bit of time (at 5am!) to search the weB for ideas and organise things! Xx

• HollyTreeHollyTree Posts: 86

I love love love shoes and funnily enough , it was the first thing I bought! I know I know, your not supposed to buy your shoes before your dress, but I don't seem to follow tradition and so when I saw these beauties I had to get them, I love Kurt Geiger! 

I just need to find the dress to match now! I can finally try dresses on without being a large prego lady,  But I can't do that til I've lost a bit of my baby weight!! 

I also want some gorgeous toms to wear on the evening for when I am dancing away to our live band! Im not sure how long i will survive in heels! I want them to be turquoise /Tiffany blue to match our theme, I like to be a bit quirky!

(Bath time now, ill have to write a bit more in a bit! ) xx

So I always wanted A winter wedding As far back as I can remember ... We decided on a date as close to Christmas as possible! I didn't want it to be totslly xmassy ,green and red colour theme was a no for me I wanted to have something 'frosty' so silver and Tiffany blue was my idea of perfect. I'm hoping for snow, but it's not gonna happen! So I'm wishing for a frosty clear day instead!

venue choice

we looked at alot of venues, kilver court, best western hotels, Eastwood park and a few barns... But eventually it was between hotel du vin and Coombe lodge .

'my h2b made the final decision in the end because I couldn't choose between the two! He fell in love with it as much as. I did, I love the views and the grounds!

The room we will get married in is a as mall room with a lovely huge window at the end, we will be having about 80 people to the day

I loved the rooms, the bridal suite has a roll top bath , the bridesmaids and I will be getting ready in this room, champagne and choc... Tho I hope tha I won't be too nervous to eat and drink!! 

It will have a huge tree downstairs in the entrance hall next to an open fire... Very wintery! Xxx

Place names

I am quite creative and wanted to personalise alot of things on my wedding day, a friend of mine has a silhouette cameo and kindly offered to lend me her services! SO I set about creating my snowflake place cards.... When then time time to cut them out, it began with alot of trial and error, 4 of us and a total of 7 hours! So the first one looked like this :

Now, as we are all perfectionists ( what with doing product design a levels all those years ago, ha!) this wasn't good enough because the snowflake did not fully print on the bottom half... a good few hours later (and many many Percy pigs and pretzels later!) my lovely friends had helped me create this!;

Now it was just the small task of cutting 90 of them out! (Another evening of junk food and rugby!) the picture is just a prototype , it'll be printed on white card and I will be using small individual letter stamps to print everyone's names! a final finishing touch: I ordered 100 tiny turquoise gems to stick in the middle of the snowflake! 

• MondayBride2014MondayBride2014 Posts: 1,134

Congratulations on your little boy! love your colour scheme, and your kg shoes! Your venue is lovely, the room your getting married in is gorgeous! 

The place cards look really good!! Look forward to reading more About your winter wedding! image

So the next thing I wanted to do was collect glasswear! I know candy buffets are all the rage but I have decided on a cake and sweet buffet.... It'll be a mixture of sweets you can buy and sweets I have made alongside some Cake! It's a tradition in our family to make sweets at Christmas . My nan has always had us over to make them, ever since I was little so I thought itd be nice to get her involved with making things for the wedding too! I will be making pepper mint creams, coconut ice and rum truffles..

These are a few we made last year... 

Now we made these with the kids so when I do it for wedding they will all be same shape and size and no silver balls ..... 

I'm gonna put them in nice jars ..... 

And Then mix it all in with lovely sweets iv bought from Costco! I bought some pink and white striped bags to stick them all in too! 

I wanted my sweet cake buffet to be pastel coloured sweets, so I started writing down all the retro sweets I could think of like shrimps bananas flying saucers flumps milk bottles.... if you think of any others give me a shout ... I'm hoping makro and Costco can give me some inspiration Too!

Something like these.....

and I love the bunting.... I might have a go at making some bunting ... I have a sewing  machine .... Just not enough time!

mow this is my idea of the best present ever... If someone thought to met me this for my birthday id be so impressed ! I love sweets which is why I must have a candy buffet!

• Raych54Raych54 Posts: 879

ha, love the plans so far. congrats on your little boy, our bundle is due in June and we are getting married in Feb next year. I keep thinking that I will get stuff done before bubs arrives... not much has happened yet and I only have 6 weeks left.

Cant quite decide at the moment on ice blue or purple with silver for a frosty looking wedding. So will be keen to see how your colours look. Love the thoughts on the candy bar and am looking at doing something similar myself, I love baking and making sweet things (and I have the excuse to eat them at the mo too!).

Hi raych congrats on your little one, I totalky miss being pregnant I loved it so much, especially being able to eat what you like!! But it is lovely to have him at last! I hope you do get some stuff done... I can only do weddingy things when he is asleep at night lol I seem to be making lists and lists of things to Have you sorted a venue and everything?

A purple or ice blue theme sounds amazing I just love icy/wintery themes I'm hoping it will be a bit different because all of my friendare marrying in summer ! It's good to be different!

Xxx

• Raych54Raych54 Posts: 879

We have the venues booked, we actually had booked them before I fell pregnant, so have just had to re-book. So already feel some bits are sorted (church, reception, dress, photographer). I'm starting to get fed up and uncomfortable now. I liked the idea of a winter wedding but didn't want typical red.

So I'm led in a hospital bed after haveing surgery on my neck image so I thought i would write about my food tasting session we had earlier in the week!

so we turned up and they were sanding the floors downstairs so we couldn't look around the ceremony and breakfast rooms.. But we were led upstairs where two xhairs and a table has been set up in the bridal suite for a private tasting session!

We took Our little boy with us... and he cried all the way through lol but we have learnt to eat one handed so it wasn't a problem! We were so distracted with eating the yummy food and stopping our LO crying we forgot to take photos of all the courses! Hah oops!

We did take a photo of the starters though. we had veg soup, Brie with bruschetta and mozzarella with garlic slice with chili Jam.

The sowas really disappointing and it was a toss up between Brie or mozzarella - the chili jam was amazing! But in the end we went for Brie, rocket, bruschetta and sliced pEar. Here it is;

We had a choice of two chicken dishes next and a beef steak with dolphenoir potAtoes with betroot! We went for the steak

For some reason it wouldn't let me write any more! 

The steak was beautiful and I didnt want a roast because I think people were expecting that from me (because I'm soo fussy!! I've only just started eating beef!!)

for dessert we had options of chocolate torte with homemade short bread , rhubarb pie with cream or fudge cake with ice cream! We went for the hot fudge cake, it was the best I've tasted. As I said I am so fussy but I was so impressed with the food it made me so excited! 

We then talked about champagne and strawberries in the bridal suite when I'm getting changed... But it would cost a fortune! so my MOH suggested we sneak in the chanpagne.. but i dont think we will cut up strawberries... i wanted something light to nibble on and hopefully settle my stomach ... Any ideas?? Xxx

• kerry 4294kerry 4294 Posts: 58

Love your ideas so far, I am a christmas bride too image

Aw lovely Kerry what date are you! Xx

• kerry 4294kerry 4294 Posts: 58

30th December 2014 image

Well I have had a lovely weekend away at Celtic manor h2b played golf with a friend and i went shopping with his girlfriend! Winner! I bought lots of things to go in my activity bags. The bags wil go on the table for the kids to keep them happy, I bought jenga card games pens and play dough .. For the older girls I bought little sets where you sew together a decoration... Only £3 from asda! 

Obviously I have to buy more to fill them , more pens ,colouring books bubbles paper planes etc but I'm really trying to spread the cost so I'm getting a little bit at a time when I go shopping!

I also bought myself a cheeky pressie for wedding day from hubby to be, a Tiffany blue beach bag to take on our honeymoon! well he was appreciative that I chose something I wanted and said he'd fill it with stuff for me ! (We arnt fans of surprises in our house!) 

• Time has just been flying by! I can't believe that it's only 4 months until I get married! Ahh! I've still got so much to do so I have written a checklist for myself and put things on the calendar on certain dates that need to get done!

so my DIY is slowly coming along.... I have made some mini candles with jam jars I have collected...

Once I had started it was very time consuming , but I had to finish because tea lights wouldn't fit in these mini Ones! I wanted a mixture of sizes to go into my table centrepieces 

I've got the whole family collecting jam jars! I've got some lace and double sided taped them onto the jars... I then wound wire around to make handles! Let me know what you think! X

• Ooh they look really good Hollytree! I've been collecting lots of jars! I'll have to check if the tealights fit in the smaller ones! Will you pour wax into the ones you've made? 

• Thanks mondaybride ! It seems like there are jars everywhere! I have just about sorted the mini jars, one turned out very grey because I didnt blow out the candle before I poured! Lesson learned!  X x 

• Loving this thread! And congrats on your little boy! I have a ten and ahalf month little girl! It flies! X

• I know lianne! It flys by I can't believe he has been in our lives for almost 5 months now ! I am dead excited about our first Christmas , I've started buying pressies for him already! I just wonder when ill fit it all in! Have you  started Xmas? 

On a less xmassy note! Our engagement shoot photos arrived ! I opened a gorgeous little box to find a wooden USB stick with Christy Blanch's name on it! We were so chuffed with our photographer (Christy) we hadn't dont professional photos before so this was great as an introduction into what to expect on our wedding day! I love her style though because they arnt posted photos really we were just doing our own thing! So excited to have these as a keepsake! 

• Lovely thread. Looking forward to hearing more! xx

• So I am being updated on my candy Cart as we speak! My nieces dad is making it for me and i am so excited! 

These are the wheels tht have got heart on them! So sweet! 

Ive had the mammouth task of making all my invites, I have been getting the money's worth out of my guillotine haha! I think I need some lessons in bow tieing but this is what the outside is looking like:

And finally my little boys shoes have arrived! I'm hoping they will fit! 

• I seem to have neglected my planning thread! It's just been manic and busy! I just had my hen weekend in a fanyastic house which was a converted stable... Just beautiful! we made goody bags for all the girls with nail varnish, emery boards, slippers and their fave sweet treat. The house had a pool so we spent the weekend in our fabulous embroidered dressing gowns by the pool and having treatments done! We had a chef come in to cook for us on the evening it was pure luxury! Anyway I have decided I'm going to love there... Just need to find 1.3 mil?! Anyone?! 

•  

It's all creeped up a little bit... is everyone else finding that? yesterday there were only 6 more Wednesdays til Xmas! Ahh! So what have i done.....

bought a wedding ring.... Totally couldn't decide what I wanted - I had no idea you couldn't put 9ct and 18ct together so I have bought a 9 ct and I'm not going to wear them together all the time... I'm not actually that worried about having a ring... I've only just been given a gorgeous engagement ring! So I went a bit cheaper in the hope that my other half will treat me to a gorgeous ring in a few years! 

we got the best bargain in the world from Swindon outlet! we hadn't decided on hiring a suit and came across a gorgeous set in French connection! It was an absolute bargain so we have bought 7 suits and having them tailored comes to cheaPer than hiring! Other half said he hasn't experienced anything so stressful as sorting suits! Haha it's one of the only things I have given him to fully sort out! Bless him ... 

We  are going for the converse with it too... I love the look... We like to be different and not much in our wedding is traditional really! I think they look better than formal black shoes with this suit.... Plus other half feels less dresses up which is what he wanted ??????