November, Glitz and Subtle Shades!

Looks like a beautiful venue! image and your engagement ring looks gorgeous! Looking forward to reading more about your plans image

• MrskdsMrskds Posts: 396 New bride

x

• Kdw love all your colous, what date in November are you getting married, I was going to book my wedding November as I love winter, but dates didn't work out, enjoy your wedding planning xx

• LouBLouB Posts: 1,129 New bride

Love your thread kdw! Colours are gorgeous and really classy. Dress looks fab too! And who doesn't love a glittery shoe?! Looking forward to seeing more image x

• LouBLouB Posts: 1,129 New bride

Ooh gorgeous shoes and a right bargain! Me likey. Lovely cake ideas too. Making me hungry!

I know - people are so closed off when it comes to colours - unless it's pink, red or purple they don't seem to get it! I told someone our bridesmaid dresses were mocha and she said "so beige then". Urm no!!!! Give me strength!

haha exaclty LouB!  I'm sure they will get it once they see it all together on your day image

I know,, I'm sure they are even cheaper on that website, well worth a look, was disappionted I never got myself a pair when they arrived! haha x

Also at this wedding fayre at the venue I met my Future Florist!  I loved the stuff she had on display, so I noted my interest and emailed her the following day. Thank goodness I did as 2 other ladies also inquired with her for my date. Luckily I got dibs as I emailed first.

So I went a long to her shop and ended up being there for hours just yapping away, she was so lovely!

She suggested amnesia roses, white avanche roses, and spray roses for my bouquet and for the girls something similar but with more colour and a touch of baby's breathe, since I love it.

Soemthing along these lines i think;

x

At first I wanted candelbra's as centre peices, but after I received her quote that went straight out the window! haha I'm sure it was something like £75 per table. I just couldn't justify that so off I went to find a cheaper option.

As I mentioned above I loved the look of gyp or Baby's Breathe, and I had heard it was pretty cheap, so I went off to Pintrest (again) to research:

So I send these pics off to her to see if we could found a cheaper alternative. She was really understanding and offered we managed to come up with something similiar.

So going to have a mixture of tall vases with the gyp and crystal draping and smaller lower level vases with the same and scattered with tealights along the bottom x

Table Numbers! A little work in progress, I had seen this pic of the numbers in photoframes,,,

and really like the papered back ground... thought it would be a good way of injecting a bit of colour onto the tables.

So far I have this!

I thought it turned out not bad,,, still need to add numbers of course, was thinking of those little foam glittery ones you can get in Hobby Craft?

x

Thank you Rubyring! just been admiring yours! x

I also plan to do a table plan on a mirror similar to this?

I've seen they have a similar one in Dunelm Mill but I've never got around to buying it!

I also bought a job lot of smaller frames in the same style from ebay. Turned out they were more plastic when they arrived but they look the part and will do the job! Going to use them for the Hot Choc table and Guest Book etc x

This is maybe one where I might need a bit of advice from you ladies!

I always wanted a lovely faux fur jacket for the day, being Nov and Scotland I would need it!

I ended up purchasing this feather jacket from Asos, thought I might as well go down the feather route and carry on the theme,,

And have seen this clutch from Etsy that I think may go? (I know I don't really need one but I am def an accessories and clutch kind of girl)

But I also purchased this new belt from Etsy,,, the belt that comes with the dress is nice but I liked the idea of adding something of my own to it. But being spontaneous I ordred it on grey ribbon, now I'm not sure if it will be too much going on with all those colours. maybe I would be better changing the ribbon colour to Ivory?

I guess I really have to wait until I try it on with my dress, but it would be great to get some feedback x

• Awwww absolutely loving your thread!! Your ideas are fab, they're going to come together so well image x

Thanks Gracie! It's so hard to tell if it's all working,, sometimes it feels like its just bits and peices jammed together so its nice to hear! x

• I know what you mean, I've got a spare bedroom full of wedding tat and no idea if what I'm doing actually makes any sense or will pull together to make a wedding x

• Hi 19th August I am now, love all the colours flowers, the cakes look yummy we couldn't decide between lemon, or carrot cake, coffee  so we having chocolate, vanilla, and the last one is a surprise xx

• MondayBride2014MondayBride2014 Posts: 1,134

Ooh it's nice to see a wintery thread!! I really liked maggie sottero divina too!! I loved it in the blush colour, but wasnt sure about the whiteither! Never got to try it on though! Found my dream dress and fell in love! Your dress Is gorgeous! Love the flowy material! 

The grey feathery touches are gorgeous too! Love the coat and the bag! They'll look über sheek on pics! image

• Gorgeous ideas! I'm getting married in November 2014 too, my colour scheme is gun metal grey with ombré shades of pink. I love the fur coat idea, what sort of veil are going for? 

• BanariBanari Posts: 1,847

Love your thread! I am also having Grey but as we are getting married in March I am pairing it with yellow. Grey and purple for a winter wedding will look beautiful and a nice refreshing change to the usual winter colur choice!!

A toffee layer in the cake sounds scrummy! 

Your flower pics are lovely! I too am addicted to Pinterest it's just a shame so many of the ideas are American as it makes it hard to find some of the things over here!!

• Love your colour scheme , im having greys and silvers with lavender , so will be following your thread for ideas image . If you still havent bought your frame for a table plan - The Range have silver frames and mirrors the same as yours for £7.99 x

Thanks for the replies guys! I'm loving all the other grey colour scheme's out there! Some really nice combinations!

MrsT2Be - 19th of Aug is my bestie's bday - I love the idea of the surprise layer!!

Thanks Mondaybride - I think I've been a bit of a stalker on your thread you have some awesome ideas! I never actually tried Divinia on either, I was the same once I tried on my benicarlo, nothing else compared!  - off for a catch up on yur thread image

x

Lily White Daisy thanks! ooh I really like the ombre pink idea! Seen some awesome ombre cakes on pinterest! I'm not sure about what kind of veil yet, at the moment I like the idea of a single tier cathedral length one, raw edge (to match the skirt of my dress)? but I have images of me sitting on it or getting it caught up in my little jacket ect!

Banari - totally true! loads of american ideas, but I guess it's also good in a way as well, as even they are harder to find, they are kind of unique in the uk! Have you used Etsy?  Same idea, mostly american stuff, but not the kind of thing you can usually get here,,, albeit the customs charges grrrr. Love the yellow, very fresh - perfect for spring!

x

Thanks Michellelovespaul! Love a bit of Lavendar! haha I had seen the range online, but I dont think we have one in Scotland! I will have another scan though - thanks for the tip!! x

So Accessories continued!

When I first decided on a sweatheart neckline,, I loved the idea of a statement necklace! I had a few 'pinned' pics, but as Banari says - being american it's much harder to find the same ideas over here. I searched for what seemed like forever, I wasn't even sure what I was looking for exactly but while browsing on Etsy,,, as I often did. I came across this Art Deco number!

I have always loved a bit of Art Deco,, I loved the paved links and the teardrop,erm drop! Plus it was vintage, so I thought it would be perfect as my Something Old! x

• MondayBride2014MondayBride2014 Posts: 1,134

Oh thanks kdw, I'm glad you've been reading! image

I've just taken most of my ideas from Pinterest, and I like to think I'm quite good at making things look nice! I love the merchandising side of my job, I didn't realise I could actually be as creative though but I don't like failing so practise makes perfect and all that! image

Looking forward to reading more from you! image Xx

Well that pic came out tiny! Will try another!

And I just purchased these from Glizty Secrects,, hopefully they go ok!

Can't wait to try them all on together - sometimes I think it might be a little too much going on at once, maybe I should be a bit simpler? x

No worries there Mondaybride I think what you are doing is great! I love all your glittery ideas! Another bonus of wedding planning - you find out more about yourself x

• TadpoleTadpole Posts: 2,134 New bride

Yay you have a planning thread!! All your ideas are looking great! I've been to at least one wedding at Thainstone and it's a lovely venue with loads of nice places for photographs etc. The necklace you have chosen is gorgeous and will make such a statement with your dress!! What you having the boys wearing? xx