First time bride needs all the help she can get

So we have finally found our venue... Ettington Chase in Stratford upon Avon

the room we are to marry in and use as our reception is very basic... Almost looks like a confrence room... So my question is does anyone know of any companys who dont charge the earth for drapping etc fairy lights?? 

Looking for west midlands area

also looking for my centrepieces if anyone has any ideas

cheers girls x x x

• VictoriaoVictoriao Posts: 1,536

I don't know any in your sea as I am based in Newcastle, but sounds like you need a few star curtains. These are the white/black curtains that have the twinkly lights in them. We have a few companies who do them for about £100 a curtain. 

• Mrs BakeMrs Bake Posts: 1,651

Firsttimebride - contgrats! We're just down the road from your venue.

When is your wedding? If you have time, try and visit the hotel wedding fayres in the area, they usually have lots of people around who can help. Not sure when the next one is but Walton Hall's event can be very useful!

M-Style Creations Wedding Decor http://www.m-tyle.co.uk/event_dressing_weddings.asp

Hope this helps

• Thankyou... Wedding is May 2015 image

will look out for wedding fayres its all very exciting just working on a budget and hoping we can make the venue look amazing x

• Mrs BakeMrs Bake Posts: 1,651

Plenty of time. I'm using a marquee and the company we're using do all the lighting etc but not sure if they do it in hotels etc. May be worth contacting them - Artisan Marquees, also 2 minutes from the Chase!

Are you in S-O-A? There is a wedding pamper evening on 12th December at Alveston Manor - there may be a few useful contacts there, also with complimentary champagne, nibbles and manicures! Just as a little treat! image

• I actually live in Birmingham but will defo look into the pamper day... x x