Forum home Your planning threads

Our budget but beautiful summer wedding

HI everyone i am very freshly new here and thought id share my journey to becoming mrs alabaster next august, although i dont get married till next year ive already bought lots of items off my checklist. Our budget is only around £1000 ish as we have two children and my partner is the only earner in the household while i look after our children.

I am so very lucky to have a wonderful mother and father in law who are kindly paying for our buffet and my mother is buying my dress. Im so eager for next august to get here and keep changing my mind on ideas for centre pieces etc already.

Okay i have warned you all i am very eager so here is the list of items i have already either bought or made:

Invitations/Save the Dates/Reception only invitations

Hair slide

Jars for candles

Mirror plates (I bought off facebook 14 of them for £5, what a steal!)

Bouquet

I think thats about what i can remember so far. Our colour scheme is claret and blue as my husband to be is a HUGE west ham fan and so is his family.

We have been very lucky to win a competition for a free hire of our wishing tree too image

It would be lovely for people to keep in touch as i countdown to my big day and show you all the things i have bought/made on the way x

• LeaMarieLeaMarie Posts: 723

Firstly, congratulations  image

We are also working to a small budget and I am handmaking most of our bits! And like you, I am also VERY enthusiastic lol 

• Hello LeaMarie, thankyou when are you getting married?

March 2016 - LOOOOOOOOOOOONG way off yet!

But, I have already sorted so much out! Feel free to have a look at my planning thread  image

• Aww bless ya, I'm thinking the more I get done now the better so it saves the budget when we start saving after our holiday in august x

• Things have come to a stand still now but i thought id would add the pictures of my bouquet and main wedding ceremony invites, all handmade by me image The invites just need the claret ribbon on them for the final touch which will be bought after my daughters christening sunday 

• This is my bouquet, to begin with i just had the claret and blue but the white just made it perfect 

• These are my invites and they have an RSVP card, a reception information card and a information card as my venue doesnt allow confetti so everyone is informed and obviously parking information too 

• I have my trial for makeup and hair on the 22nd july so cant wait and means if im not satisfied i have plenty of time to find another one but her work is amazing, this is the hair style im hoping for but my fringe wont go exactly like that flow though as my hairs pretty fine 

• This is the design of my cake, a professional is making it and im going to buy the ribbon myself to get the colour i want but im struggling to find the bows in claret anywhere. i will be having a personalised acrylic heart topper on top of the cake too that we can keep 

That all looks great!

I have been making things and pulling together now too, so that it spreads any costs and gives me less stress closer to the time!

For the cake ribbon, how about this?

http://www.planetbake.co.uk/double-faced-cake-ribbon-claret-red?gclid=COPI97We_r4CFeoJwwodmUkA9A#googlebase

• thats fab thankyou hun, im not sure what to do about the bow as ive scouted ebay but claret or burgundy is a very hard colour to have x

Practice tying bows in the ribbon and use a brooch to hide/tidy the centre up? 

• thats a good idea i might have to try that, how are you getting on with your wedding now x

Trying to find a way to pace myself before I run out of things to do! haha

I'm still sulking but keep reminding myself that whilst I've had a set back, I've not actually lost anything so should still be grateful... Still sulking though!! haha x

• Why are you sulking hun whats wrong? i really want to do so much that i can but like you im worried ill run out of things beofre i even start them. x

Well we were originally getting married next year, but had a bit of a family/financial hiccup and had to put it back a year!  image

• oh no! so its may 2016 now? oh hun dont worry gives you more time to make many special things image x

March 25th 2016 - everyone keeps saying that but its just tooooooo far away!! haha

• honestly hun i know exactly what you mean as mine seems a lifetime away x

• Its holiday time this week and then the save the dates are posted.....the bridesmaid dress fits perfect and me and my mother have discussed a budget.  

The makeup artist had a family emergancy last weekend so unfortunatly my wedding trial had to be moved to 6th sept.

also ive booked wedding appointments to try on dresses the weekend after i come back from holiday! I cant wait 

• i havent updated for quiet a while due to laptop dying but........lots has happened ive got my dream dress!

• my flowers are also finished image

and the bridesmaids

• and of course our makeup and hair trials

and then my beautiful bridesmaids (well two of them as asked another wonderful friend last week)

• everything is coming togeather so much now and we've had allowance in the budget to even book a photographer for some bridal prep until after the ceremony. i want the next 10 1/2 months to hurry up so i can marry the man of my dreams image x