-x- A Blush Pink and Rose Gold Barn Wedding in the Countryside -x-

Hello my fellow wedding planners! 

Im so excited to be able to start this post. As a new bride to be looking through others people's posts has been so helpful, so I felt inspired to start my own one too!

I'll start from the beginning..

Our love story

Me and my HTB met at school at the youthful age of 18. After going our separate ways when I was at University, we went on a friends holiday in the summer of 2011 and  have been inseparable ever since!

After 3 years of saving for a home, last year we finally did it! We brought our first home. One Ikea trip, two kittens and a whole lot of paint later, we decided it was time for a well earned holiday!

In September 2016 we took ourselves on a well earned holiday to the Caribbean. On the first morning we were up super early so decided to go and have a walk along the lovely white sandy beach.  Looking across the beautiful view, i turned around to see my HTB on one knee! Whilst netiher of us can remember what he said, i do remember it was the happiest moment of my life. We spent the whole day celebrating drinking Prosecco in the pool and sharing our dreams for the big day!

The Bling! 

• Tanya128Tanya128 Posts: 1,993

Beautiful ring! Congratulatuons!

• The next few months

Hurrah! I’m officially allowed to create a Wedding Pinterest Board! Boy have I gone to town! I love all things vintage, bunting and fairy lights and it's been so exciting to start thinking of ideas and pinning them to my board.

image image image image

• Not your run of the mill venue…!

When I imagined viewing our first Wedding Venue, I never imagined it would be whilst wearing a hard hat and boots!

Never the less, my friend showed me a new venue that was being built within half hour of where the majority of our family live, so naturally we had to go and look! 

I’ve always dreamed of a barn venue in the countryside and this ticked all of the boxes. Close to family, beautiful and £1000 off because it hadn't been finished yet!

We were shown around and whilst we did have to use our imagination quite a lot, we got butterflies even whilst looking around the rubble and fell in love immediately!

After looking at the plans, we sat down and booked a 'provisional' date but we knew we had found the one!

We are getting married at The Mill Barns in Alveley on the 7th July 2018. The building work is expected to be complete sometime by Spring 2017 (fingers crossed!).

More progress pictures to follow! 

• Lexi90Lexi90 Posts: 971

What a gorgeous venue that is going to be! The shape of the building is beautiful, mixed with the water outside I am sure it will be a wonderful wedding location! 

Gorgeous ring too, the sparkle! 

• MrsS85MrsS85 Posts: 688 New bride

Beautiful venue, it will be lovely that's its very new and fresh too. Look forward to hearing more of your plans

• Nay17Nay17 Posts: 52

The venue looks amazing. Can't wait to see how your plans come together :)

• Dora3Dora3 Posts: 1,218

What a sparkly sparkly ring! 

your venue is stunning! and £1000 off! Result! 

Look forward to reading more 

• What a stunning venue! And how exciting that you get to watch it being built.

Totally love your colour scheme, can't wait to see the rest of your plans.

• Progress pictures

For the past few months we've been saving to put down the rest of the deposit for our wedding venue. In order to get the £1000 off we had to pay 50% of the venue by 1st January- ouch! Which has given us approximately 2.5 months to get the money together aswell as sorting everything for Christmas!  So needless to say we have quite an empty looking Christmas tree this year! But we know it will be worth it for our big day   

Some progress pictures were posted on the venues Facebook yesterday and it's so exciting to see the progress that has been made so far:

image Reminds me of a mini great hall from Harry Potter! 

Next on on the to do list - photographer & videographer 

• Photography & Videography

Over the last few months I've been doing a lot of research into the best photographer and videographer for us. We wanted something quite natural, relaxed and not too posed for the day.

We shortlisted a couple and after meeting up with them over christmas have picked our team! Nick Brightman is doing our Photography (£1,100 for the day) and Nick Boy is doing our videography (£795 includes guest messages). I hope the fact that are both called Nick doesn't cause too much confusion on the day! 

https://vimeo.com/164084726

• The Cake!! 

Cake tasting has definitely been the highlight of planning so far! We have been to two 'cake consultations' and our second viewing was by far our favourite. I didn't realise but the lady we have gone with has been shortlisted as the Regional winner for the 2017 Wedding industry Awards- after trying her cake I can see why!!

We shortlisted 5 cakes to try on the day: Cookies & Cream, Salted Caramel, Lemon Meringue, Banana & Chocolate chip and finally Red Velvet. 

I must say the only time H2B has turned into a groomzilla so far has been when deciding cake flavours! Maybe I should use cake as a bribe more often?!

I'm glad we skipped lunch as I felt so full after trying a sample of each! After taking the rest home for our parents to try (and H2B getting his way!) we have decided on the following flavours:

Bottom tier- Cookies & Cream

Middle tier- Lemon Meringue 

Top tier- Red Velvet

Design wise we will be getting a sketch through shortly but it will something like a merge of these:

• January Sale Purchases

After going a bit click happy over the Christmas break i thought it would be nice to share a few of the pieces I picked up for christmas and in the sales:

150m of bunting! -  I know its a crazy amount but i figured I would rather have too much than not enough   Plus I can always sell some of it afterwards. We went for the style on the top right of image as it has all of our colours in it and was the best price I could find on eBay. I brought so much I actually got 3 mini sets free!! I think I will use the free sets to decorate the cake table and maybe the top table if there is enough.

Dress Hanger- My sister got me a personalised wedding dress hanger like the one above for Christmas which I am completely in love with! Just need a dress to put on it now!!

Vintage props- We are having a Polaroid guestbook and when i came across these on eBay i couldn't resist adding these props to the basket. So vintage and cute and thought it would be quite fun! 

Vintage frame- It was reduced from £40 to £15 so i thought this would be lovely either for our DIY Photo Booth or maybe our seating plan?

Post box for cards- This will be white with rose gold lettering and our initials in rose gold- £30 from VMBespoke

Name Cards & Favours- These are going to double as place cards & favours as they also have a magnet on the back which i thought was really cool! We got them for just £1.50 each in the sale and they will be painted rose gold to go with our colour scheme. Really pleased with these and I thought it would be something quite different 

• Love Lights

Hiring some 4 ft 'LOVE' lights too, like the below. Normally they are £150 but we got it for £100 in the sale so i was rather pleased with this bargain!

Here'w where we will be putting them at the venue:

• Oh this venue has been coming up on my Facebook because it's a sister venue to mine - it looks incredible, how exciting you've booked (and with a discount!) The no corkage policy is awesome; we are off to France this week for our wine!

look forward to hearing more!

• Love that post box, have been thinking of getting one so thanks for the tip :)

• E3E3 Posts: 7

Wow we have been quoted over £200 for LOVE lights. Do you mind me asking which company you got these from? 

• Oh wow your venue looks beautiful! I am also having a barn wedding so got very similar ideas to yourself! Can I ask what ebay seller you got your bunting from? Ive been searching high and low for some reasonably priced bunting!

Thanks

Beth xx

• Bethany29 wrote (see post):

Oh wow your venue looks beautiful! I am also having a barn wedding so got very similar ideas to yourself! Can I ask what ebay seller you got your bunting from? Ive been searching high and low for some reasonably priced bunting!

Thanks

Beth xx

Thanks Beth  I love a barn! Here’s the link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FABRIC-HESSIAN-BUNTING-HANDMADE-WEDDING-VINTAGE-PASTEL-FLORAL-SHABBY-CHIC-3m-12m-/271806168283

She does all sorts of colours to go with your scheme and I was really impressed with the quality of it when it arrived the other day- highly recommend!

• E3 wrote (see post):

Wow we have been quoted over £200 for LOVE lights. Do you mind me asking which company you got these from? 

No problem at all, we got it from a company called ‘Penny Lane Vintage Hire’ based in Worcestershire (http://www.pennylanevintagehire.com/). They seem to have a lot of offers on their Facebook page so definitely worth a look   you get it for 3 or 4 days too so could split the cost with another bride if they are interested.

• Littlespice wrote (see post):

Oh this venue has been coming up on my Facebook because it's a sister venue to mine - it looks incredible, how exciting you've booked (and with a discount!) The no corkage policy is awesome; we are off to France this week for our wine!

look forward to hearing more!

Small world isn't it! Your venue is beautiful aswell, infact it helped me decide to go ahead with ours seeing how nice yours was! What a brilliant idea going to France to get some cheap booze too! I may have to have a look into this!! I love the no- corkage policy I think it will save a lot of money, especially the amount my family get through!

• Signage

Came across a lady on Facebook a few months ago who does the cutest handmade chalkboard vintage signs. The other day I was browsing and she is currently offering 20% off for 2018 brides, so I got my order in!

We're having an A3 welcome sign like below, A3 order of service and a few others all done to match our colour scheme- so pretty!

I love the mirror ones she does too:

• Wedding day twins! How exciting - you are way ahead of me I have booked the venue (in Chichester) and the registrar plus a few decor bits but am too scared to book any thing else in case I change my mind. 

• Progress pictures

I haven't posted in a while so thought I would share some progress pictures!

The venue has come so far and I can't believe that people will be getting married there in 2 months time! Funiture has been ordered and we have been invited to an official launch party in June where we get to go along with our parents and have a look around over champagne and canapes- so rather looking forward to that!

• It's finally complete!

Last week we got the chance to finally look around our finished wedding venue and we couldn't be happier with it :D 

Would absolutely love to get married here this July instead of next but then it dawns on me we still have SO much saving to do!!

Next on the list....dress shopping in 3 weeks yay!

• HailsHails Posts: 2,455

Looks gorgeous!

• britbirdbritbird Posts: 1,468 New bride

Wow. Looks incredible. Am loving those signs - the chalk ones. Do you happen to have the link to the seller at all please?

• Wibs77Wibs77 Posts: 414

Lovely venue and so shiny new. Just think any first month teething issues would have been ironed out by the time you get married. 

• MyrtleMyrtle Posts: 107

Wow what a beautiful venue! 

• MrsLMTMrsLMT Posts: 3,830

Gorgeous venue x 

• britbird wrote (see post):

Wow. Looks incredible. Am loving those signs - the chalk ones. Do you happen to have the link to the seller at all please?

Hiya- the link for the signs is https://www.facebook.com/bespokechick/?hc_ref=SEARCH&fref=nf - she is so lovely and friendly and makes the signs bespokely to your colour scheme etc. :)