I Don't Know What I'm Doing

• MrsJ2017MrsJ2017 Posts: 3,017

Have you see the atlantic since the renovations? I think you said you were there recently?

Ive seen pictures so far but it looks so much better! Especially the bridal suits and lobby. We have our menu tasting soon and I dont know if Im more looking forward to the food or having a nose around.

• CeeCeeCeeCee Posts: 134

Beautiful dresses. Similar to the dress in La La land. I would be chuffed if i was made to wear that

• Jenni8Jenni8 Posts: 3,201

I absolutely LOVE those dress hails!!! Where are they from, ASOS? Might get me one!

• Gemma-28Gemma-28 Posts: 9

I adore those bridesmaid dresses! the print is gorgeous!

blue is my colour too, and everyone knew I would choose it! Predictable lol. good on you for choosing something different!

• ShitGotRealShitGotReal Posts: 435 New bride

Thanks everyone, fingers crossed they all fit and the girls like them! 

MrsJ2017 wrote (see post):

Have you see the atlantic since the renovations? I think you said you were there recently?

Ive seen pictures so far but it looks so much better! Especially the bridal suits and lobby. We have our menu tasting soon and I dont know if Im more looking forward to the food or having a nose around.

Yes i went the other week to book our rooms for the night before. It looks so much bigger and brighter! The bridal suite is actually grey and yellow too! 

Have they offered you a conference room to get ready in? I've not seen it but it sounds well better than making a mess of the rooms in the morning! 

You'll have to tell me what menu you've gone for. I haven't even looked at the new ones yet. 

Im not getting ready there, Ill be making a mess of my own house instead 😂

I was over the moon with the menus, one of the desserts is rhurbarb custard eton mess 😍

Well, they've arrived. 3 out the 5 have tried them on and it's 3 yes's so far...

If I've managed to sort 5 bridesmaid dresses, at first attempt, with zero hiccups, I will literally soil myself. 

• NikkiMNikkiM Posts: 1,653 New bride

Love those yellow dresses! Very pretty especially the shorter ones.

I went to Thailand in September a few years ago. Lovely place as really enjoyed it. Given it was meant to be the rainy season, we had 1 day of heavy rain. And by heavy rain, it was torrential. I think they'd had some flooding around the time we were there outside of Bangkok too. It was still hot in September though.

We stayed all over Thailand as we did an organised tour so got to see a lot. I'd highly recommend Bangkok and then head down south to the beaches if you're looking for something a little relaxing. We went to the Phi Phi islands and did snorkelling etc. 

• Mrs17Mrs17 Posts: 860 New bride

Those bridesmaids dresses are beautiful! Sounds like you might have hit the jackpot by pleasing everyone 

So all 5 bridesmaids have tried on their dresses and all 5 like them. One was unsure at first because she said it reminded her of something her mum would wear to the beach on holiday! 😂 But after seeing it properly she has changed her mind, and I know she's not just saying it to please me as she would always tell me honestly. 

So, with 1 year, 3 months and 2 weeks to go, I've already got bridesmaid dresses. 

You know when something seems to be too good to be true?

• HailsHails Posts: 2,455

That's good! less to pay for later down the line anyway!

• wed172Bwed172B Posts: 1,258

Love the dresses and that is so great that you sorted so easily 

• LottiePLottieP Posts: 162

Great thread and a lovely venue!  Well done with the dresses, I ended up doing a similar thing too which was good planning as my other BM fell pregnant too! They've needed a few alterations but so good to get them sorted.  Must a weight off your mind! 

I've just got to hope nothing drastic happens to any of them in the next 15 months! I'm getting them all chastity belts! 

This just happened also...

Image result for ASOS WEDDING Floral Tie And Pocket Square Pack In Silk 

That's M's tie and pocket square sorted too! 

Easy this wedding lark...

Wow I love the tie and square, bit different but lovely :) 

wed172B wrote (see post):

That'd be my online dating bio 😂

ShitGotReal wrote (see post):
    wed172B wrote (see post):

That'd be my online dating bio 😂

Ha love it 

• Jenni8Jenni8 Posts: 3,201

Ooo love those - they looks like a perfect match to the dresses, also ASOS?

Jenni8 wrote (see post):

Ooo love those - they looks like a perfect match to the dresses, also ASOS?

Yep, from the same collection! 

I love this, itll look great that the patterns match. Are the men wearing grey suits?

This yellow and grey scheme suits the venue too, smooth

I've tried talking him into grey but he's insisting on navy suits. I don't mind though to be honest because he wants a grey waistcoat, and the fellas to wear grey ties (so he'll stand out a bit) 

Same suits, same waistcoats just different ties. Something loosely like this:

In fact, the more I see it the more I like the navy... (alhough that may just be the guy on the right)

😂 he does make the navy look good!

I wouldnt have thought navy and grey together would be nice but it does actuallu really work, and the blue and yellow together will be gorgeous and colourful

• Mrs AyseMrs Ayse Posts: 561

Firstly, absolutely loving your sunny wedding! Looks beautiful! 

Thailand is amazing! We got engaged there a year ago and he proposed in Phuket at a place called Kamala Beach. Was stunning! Rooftop restaurant with a unfettered  sea view.. we went to lots of places but PhiPhi islands were stunning and really relaxing! Bangkok is amazing too, I'll find out the hotel we stayed in and come back to you. You must see Thailand :) x

• SpacepuffinSpacepuffin Posts: 664

Wow. It all looks great. I love the patterned dresses. Those are dresses that your girls could genuinely wear again. 

Wanna plan mine too?! Looks like you've got it licked. Pleasing five BM's with two dresses in one fabric is good going m'dear! X

Videographer

So i know this thread has been a bit slow lately, and that's not likely to change any time soon! I have, however, bowed to peer pressure and booked a videographer. We had originally decided to save money here and not have one, but whenever i told anyone this they would insist i would regret it! I researched a few on the bottom of the price scale and they were so over the top cheesy. There was one company that for every single film they did, they would have the bride look wistfully out of the window of her getting ready room, and then in the direction of the brides gaze they would superimpose the groom getting ready. It honestly made my toes curl. 

Eventually, i asked around for recommendations and decided on Lovebug Films (sounds a bit top shelf that now i come to think of it!) 

http://www.lovebugfilms.co.uk/lovebug/

They filmed one of my friends weddings and the final footage is really well edited and not at all cheesy. They also agreed to do the full package for £1200 instead of their quoted £1500, so i can still tell myself i've saved money. That's how I work anyway! 

Also, I took advantage of yesterdays sun and went for a drink on the terrace of our reception venue. It was an impromptu visit with my cousin and bridesmaid 'D' as we were in town for D's birthday. We had a bottle of prosecco in the sun with clear blue skies overlooking Liverpool's most famous building and the River Mersey. Ahhhh

• MrsDee7MrsDee7 Posts: 272 New bride

Hi!

Lolling at your realisation of the slightly "top shelf" name of your videographer. Not that I'd picked up on it either, but I bet you won't be able to get that out of your head now! 

Bridesmaid 'D's birthday sounds/looks wonderful! Any excuse for a visit to the venue eh 

• MrsM2018MrsM2018 Posts: 142
    ShitGotReal wrote (see post):

Thankyou Organised Bride! That is very helpful! if you could've only stayed in 2 places, what ones would you choose? And is it possible to do day trips to any of the others without actually staying there? 

Hey! Sorry, I'm just seeing this!! I'd stay in Phuket and Samui. You can definitely do day trips (depending on your timing) between Phuket and Krabi/ the Phi Phi islands and from Samui, you could get around to places like Ko Pha Ngan. Unfortunately, we didn't get to explore the north, so can't comment on that. 

So, this planning thread has fell a bit silent of late, and that's because... well i've got f*ck all to tell really. This time next month will mark 1 year until i get married (wow, that's a grown up sentence... i think i've just tasted bile) so maybe its about time to pick things up again.

The next things i plan to look for are: a band, makeup & hair and (DUN DUN DUUUNNN) the dress 

I've been engaged just over a year and i've managed to make excuses after excuses since then.

Until now.

My mum's been a slimming world goer for years and i joined to go with her about 6 weeks ago. I was sitting at a 12-14 but want to get down to a 10 for the wedding. I promised we could start dress shopping when i got my 'Club10' (i think that's when you lost 10% of your body weight) and i'm 3lbs off that now. 

Does anyone have any tips? I plan to try a big princess dress on first because i know i'll hate it. I don't want to buy the first dress i try on cause i'll question whether i'm just buying it cause it's the first time i've seen myself in a wedding dress. Other than that, i have no idea what i want, or even what to expect? Do i invite my bridesmaids? How many dresses do you usually try on in a single appointment?

Urgh, cant i just order a load online and send back the ones i dont want!?