I Don't Know What I'm Doing

• M's Suit

During our ring shopping day, we went to a shop in Liverpool that my dad loves and points to every time we walk past. M had also seen a couple of nice suits in the window, as there was a sale on we called in to have a look. He tried a few on and narrowed it down to 2: 

again, not as bright. Here's a real life close up:

And this one: 

real life close up: 

Between the pair of us we couldn't decide on a favourite, so we bought both! Well they were both in the sale so it'd be rude not to really. I told him he should go diva and have a change! The first one is very 'Im the groom' and the 2nd is more of an evening suit so he could have a ceremony suit and change for the reception! In reality he's going to try them both on next to the best men suits and see which one goes better. 

• Also, got my first RSVP card back last night, they only landed on doormats yesterday morning! Bridesmaid 'A' is officially coming to my wedding! (i need to learn how to say 'my wedding' without tasting bile) 

Look at that, you wait ages for an update and 4 come along at once...

• Kelly224Kelly224 Posts: 962 New bride

Love your ring! it's beautiful - quite similar to the one I've chosen #

Suits look great too!

• MrsJ2017MrsJ2017 Posts: 3,017

You’re making me nervous “my wedding” has been and gone but I still remember the invite nausea 😂

your ring is lovely, you would never know it wasn’t made for the ER.

Suits are nice too, I think a similar colour to what P had in the end. I prefer the first option You posted for the groom.

• Honeymoon Continued... AGAIN!

its taken us a LONG time but we finally chose a hotel in Bali. initially i wanted to stay in 2 seperate places, but M wasnt too keen on the idea. Considering Singapore is going to be very full on i suppose the thought of 5 nights uninterrupted lounging around does sound pretty appealing! Plus, Bali isnt that big so there's always day trip options to see more of the island. 

There are so many gorgeous hotels and resorts in Bali that it made deciding where to stay very difficult. Finally we decided to stay in the Royal Beach in Seminyak. A popular resort, not too far from the airport and with bars and restaurants in walking distance. It's a hotel resort, but we've opted for a private villa with pool. We've already spent a lot more than we intended to on this honeymoon, and we'll deffo be living on beans on toast for the forseable, but look how pretty! 

image image image

• MrsGtoBMrsGtoB Posts: 712 New bride

OMG that hotel...swoon!!!!

• MrsGtoB wrote (see post):

OMG that hotel...swoon!!!!

I know. Ridiculous isnt it! 

We had planned to have a mini-moon right after the wedding as we don't go away until 6 weeks after. The original plan was a romantic log cabin in the lakes somewhere, but now it's my aunties caravan in north wales! 😂 sacrifices have to be made! 

• GinAndBlingGinAndBling Posts: 1,311 New bride

Shitgotreal- what designer is your dress? It is gorgeous! 

Our planning thread: We're completely winging it.
    Our report: A fun, classic May day in navy and blush
    My weightloss thread: Diet denial! 
  • ShitGotRealShitGotReal Posts: 435 New bride
    GinAndBling wrote (see post):

Shitgotreal- what designer is your dress? It is gorgeous! 

Thankyou! Its by Sottero & Midgley :)

So, once again ive been being quiet on here with not a lot to update on. With little over 4 months to go i really need to get my planning head on again, and my subconscious clearly knows this as ive had 2 wedding dreams this week. Last night i dreamt that i was supposed to be the first of 3 weddings in the same venue on the same day and everything was going wrong. i stood and watched 2 weddings happen, whilst trying to get in touch with my no show hair and makeup artists. Point taken brain...

So, ive now booked in for my wedding breakfast tasting 24th June, and trying to get through to my local registry office to book to give notice. I've paid a deposit for a pianist for the ceremony and made a spotify playlist of possible ceremony songs. That should hold off the dreams for a bit!

I also made a few glasses for the maids and mothers, just to feel like I'm being productive. 

Shoes & Veil

I mentioned a while back that i bought some shoes from the Carvela sale but i needed to try them on with the dress to see if they went. I'd also been looking at veils online as the one id tried on in the shop was a chapel length, raw edge with tiny scattered diamantes. It was lovey, but at £220, it seemed expensive for something that was only going to be worn for the ceremony. i took a chance and bought one off ebay. I was pleasantly surprised when it arrived, it was a lot softer than the one in the shop, but a LOT longer. So i took my shoes and veil to try with my dress. 

image image

The lady in the shop was very impressed with my veil, saying it was better quality than most she gets in (i didn't tell her where it was from, but it just shows that expense doesnt always mean better!) but we both agreed it was far too long so she's going to cut it so its just a bit longer than my dress. 

Unfortunately my shoes didn't really go. I mean you cant see them so i wasn't overly bothered, but i just so happened to find a pair in monsoon that match exactly. 

These are the old shoes (for some reason i always think my dress is more gold and not as ivory as it actually is)

and the new ones:

My first fitting is booked in for the beginning of June :) 

• ruthie1979ruthie1979 Posts: 794

Oh your veil is lovely (and LOVE both pairs of shoes!!) xx

I got a veil off eBay as well and it was absolutely no different to the ones in the shop that cost hundreds! 

I decided I didn’t want a veil though but at £11 it was no real loss! 

Yours is lovely, your dress looks gorgeous too. Is that your actual dress?

and I like the shoes too, very nice!

Thanks Ruthie!

MrsJ, Yep that's the very dress I'll be wearing. Its not had any alterations done yet, it needs taking up at the front and it's massive on the boobs (story of my life) but nothing too dramatic needs changing. Hows married life treating you now?

ShitGotReal wrote (see post):

Thanks Ruthie!

MrsJ, Yep that's the very dress I'll be wearing. Its not had any alterations done yet, it needs taking up at the front and it's massive on the boobs (story of my life) but nothing too dramatic needs changing. Hows married life treating you now?

I ended up getting a triple boost bra, the seamstress was absolutely useless and decided I needed bigger boobs rather than alterations 🙄

Married life is all good, Busy but nice. I need to crack on with my report but I’m at the stage of speeches and not sure I can be bothered typing them up.

• Sian91Sian91 Posts: 829 New bride

Your honeymoon, your dress, your venue overlooking the Liver Building; giving me all the heart eyes! It all looks amazing!

Sian91 wrote (see post):

Your honeymoon, your dress, your venue overlooking the Liver Building; giving me all the heart eyes! It all looks amazing!

Aw Thankyou Sian! Ive sort of just been throwing things together ad hoc so its nice when someone mentions it all together, makes me take a step back and realise im happy with my decisions so far! 

So once again I've not been on here updating much, and once again it's because I've been so busy not doing anything wedding related.

But this weekend I'm putting work, recent car crash drama, and everything else to one side and going on my (first) hen do! I'm off to Belfast with my bridesmaids (minus 1) and my 4 of my closest friends. I've no idea what the plans are, but I'm sat here waiting to be picked up, whilst obeying strict instructions to be wearing only a dressing gown as they're dressing me when they get here 🙈

• Elz2017Elz2017 Posts: 316

(i need to learn how to say 'my wedding' without tasting bile) 

This entirely. I'm with you all the way, and haven't worked out the trick yet...

Just read through your whole thread and your day is shaping to be gorgeous - I do love a good city wedding, they are always so sophisticated in my mind!

Elz2017 wrote (see post):

(i need to learn how to say 'my wedding' without tasting bile) 

This entirely. I'm with you all the way, and haven't worked out the trick yet...

Just read through your whole thread and your day is shaping to be gorgeous - I do love a good city wedding, they are always so sophisticated in my mind!

Ah thankyou Elz!

The dress and veil 😍😍

Hope you had an amazing first hen!! 

Hen Do 1: Belfast

So I got back from my first hen do on sunday afternoon and i am just about recovered! One of my bridesmaids and her sister unfortunately couldn't make it, leaving 8 of us in total - my other 4 bridesmaids, one of my cousins, and 2 friends. I mentioned earlier on about how although all the girls know who each other are, theyre not from the same group of friends, so i was unsure how everyone would get on. Turns out it could not have been better, they've all been in a whatsapp group since October and after this weekend they're already planning on meeting up again!

Id been told in advance that i needed to wear something comfy saturday day, something white and dressy saturday night and no dress code Sunday. I got a text from A the night before telling me to make sure everything was packed and ready to go, and that i was wearing nothing but white underwear and my dressing gown. I had no idea what they were planning, and it was the shoes situation that was the most worrying! 3 of them turned up friday morning with a cheap white dress, the most hideous blue sequin shoes ive ever seen (squared toe kitten heels... vile) massive gold earrings that say 'babygirl' and  a blue floppy hat (jokes on them there cause i actually love the hat) When i put it all on together it didn't actually look that bad, which was worse cause it just looked like i had really bad style! Anyway, this was to be my outfit for the journey to the airport, the flight, and the entire Friday night:

image image

We got to the hotel, dropped our stuff off and went straight out. We stayed pretty local to the hotel and finally ended up in a basement karaoke bar until the early hours. This is where i lost both my phone and my dignity! There are plenty of stories from this night but they are deffo a 'what happens in Belfast...'

Saturday they had originally planned to do one of the karaoke bikes but there was a mix up and it had to be changed to a dance class last minute. If they'd told me that was the plan before i dont think i would've looked forward to it but honestly, it was one of the funniest things ive ever done. We were learning the Michael Jackson 'Thriller' dance and Bridesmaid J was like Phoebe out of Friends in the episode where they go tap dancing. She was at the back thinking no one was watching her and was going for gold just doing her own thing. Hysterical. We played a few games too and id encourage anyone thinking of hen activities, to not write off a dance class! 

image image

Following the class we went for food and then back to the hotel to change to go out. People were starting to struggle by now and the hangovers were getting the better of us but we soldiered on! We went to a few bars and then onto China White. We lasted until about 1:30am which is good going after 3 hours sleep, a dance class and a big meal! 

image image

I've now got about 6 weeks to sew my mouth up and get ready to get in a bikini for Hen Do 2: Palma... 

• VegasLouVegasLou Posts: 820 New bride

Ooh not caught up with your thread for ages!

Your honeymoon looks amazing! I watched a documentary about the hotel with the rooftop pool, what a fabulous place! 

You look stunning in your dress and the new shoes and veil will be perfect With it. 

Haha your 1st hen night sounds fun, after 3 hours sleep I couldn’t have kept going to 1am. 

Ah thanks VegasLou and MrsGtoBe! I was a bit unsure about the veil but at the end of the day it's a piece of material I'll wear for an hour! Still glad to hear it looks good though!

I am SO excited for the honeymoon, it's cost us an absolute fortune but that's what you get married for...right!? 😉

Ah thanks VegasLou and MrsGtoBe! I was a bit unsure about the veil but at the end of the day it's a piece of material I'll wear for an hour! Still glad to hear it looks good though!

I am SO excited for the honeymoon, it's cost us an absolute fortune but that's what you get married for...right!? 😉

Definitely all about the honeymoon 😂

Your hen looks awesome can’t believe how much you pulled off that outfit!! 

• Just caught up - glad you had a good hen party 1! Love the dress and veil!

Ah thankyou - i never actually know if anyone is even reading this! its good to know im not just talking to myself! 

Giving Notice

So its done. Fee paid, notice given.

This felt a bit daunting actually, i thought we just turned up with ID and signed a piece of paper. When we got there we were separated and each interviewed formally - totally unexpected!

Also, my robe for the morning of the wedding arrived so that's everyone's sorted now! The girls have playsuits, my mum has a nightie and they all have navy satin robes. I've got a pj set from asda and a lemon yellow waffle robe with my soon to be new name on the back (still makes me cringe) 

HELP

I know i've hardly posted anything at all recently, and its because i have nothing to update on.

Nothing though. At All. Not one thing. 

I get married in 10 weeks, surely i should be busy now?

We've given notice, paid all supplier deposits and sent invitations. Grooms and best mens suits are bought, bridesmaid dresses are hanging in my wardrobe and gift boxes are ready to be made up. My wedding ring is safely stored in my mums and although we haven't got M's yet, he knows what he wants. My wedding shoes, underwear, nightwear, headwear etc are all stored, along with decor and table names. Guestbook is done, the tableplan is ready to be put together once all RSVP's are in and evening invites are ready to go out. I've got my first dress fitting mid June, along with menu tasting. I'm just waiting on my hairdresser to get back from maternity to book my trail, and will try to arrange my makeup trial for the same day. 

What is it im supposed to be doing at this stage? Other than stress that i'm not doing anything! 

Gift Boxes

Just to make myself feel better about not doing absolutely bugger all for ages, I decided to put the girls boxes together. I'm actually really pleased with them! They've all got dressing gown, pj's and socks for the night before, a personalised makeup bag with nail file, deodorant, mirror, mini Jo Malone perfume and vaseline with their name on, along with tissues and personalised champagne flute. My mums also has a Yankee 'wedding day' candle and personalised handkerchief.

image image image