I Don't Know What I'm Doing

• CoffeeDogAddictCoffeeDogAddict Posts: 1,341 New bride

The hair looks gorgeous!! 100% go with your gut on it x

• MrsGtoBMrsGtoB Posts: 712 New bride

I really like the flowers, I vote keep x

• ShitGotRealShitGotReal Posts: 435 New bride

Table Layouts

The wedding coordinator at the hotel asked me to give her a list of everything I'll be giving her the day before the wedding, and what I want doing with them. I've already got a spreadsheet of everything (I'm an event organiser for a local charity by trade, I live by my spreadsheets) but I thought I'd give photos of how I want things to look, just to make things easy. One of the things that was discussed at the meal tasting was the napkin presentation. Honestly, this is not something I'd even given a second thought to, and had it not been mentioned I wouldn't have even noticed the napkins on the day, however they were. But now I've been introduced to swans, bishop hats and fans I've come to the realisation: napkin oragami is shit. I then spent about 20 minutes of my life, that I'll never get back, looking at different napkin folding options. Honestly, this wedding is making me care about things that I really don't care about and im annoying myself! 

So with that said, I made a quick mock up of my centrepieces and napkins (which I'm providing myself because I wanted yellow, not white. More of my life spent on napkins, stories for the grandkids... 🙄) 

image image

Excuse the cheap fake flowers, these will be replaced with real flowers on the day! The vases will be filled with water and will also have a floating candle on the top of each one. I was thinking of adding tealights on the metal plate but I think I prefer it simpler like this. The favours will be my charitys lottery tickets inside the folded place names so there won't be loads of unnecessary 'stuff' on the tables. 

• DandelionBlueDandelionBlue Posts: 1,434 New bride

You look absolutely stunning in your dress. It's do unusual and feels appropriate for a summer wedding.

Your food tasting made me hungry. I agree that Etonmess is better than crumble for summer.

Love your hair. And I agree with everyone else. The flowers look great.

Awesome table decor too. Hope it comes together the way you imagine. I totally get the making you care about things you didn't before.

DandelionBlue wrote (see post):

You look absolutely stunning in your dress. It's do unusual and feels appropriate for a summer wedding.

Your food tasting made me hungry. I agree that Etonmess is better than crumble for summer.

Love your hair. And I agree with everyone else. The flowers look great.

Awesome table decor too. Hope it comes together the way you imagine. I totally get the making you care about things you didn't before.

Ah thanks DandelionBlue ☺️

Ceremony Rehearsal 

Id not even considered doing a rehearsal, but St Georges Hall contacted me to ask if we'd like to go in and go through what would happen on the day. I figured it couldn't hurt to know the logistics in advance, it'd take the pressure of working it all out on the day away if nothing else. Myself, M, my dad, and bridesmaids A, D and S went along after work yesterday. I loved seeing the faces of the bridesmaids who hadn't been in there before, it really is an impressive building! 

As we walked through the main door and though into the North Hall, Marie (our wedding coordinator) explained that this would be where M would be greeting all our guests from 2pm. There would be a cash bar available and mingling would go on until 2:30 when everyone will be called to sit. As our ceremony is later on in the day at 3pm, i really need the daytime to run to schedule so i put 2:30 on the invitations... sneaky. 

Once everyone is sat, the bridesmaids will enter through the same main door, but make a sharp turn towards the lift to be taken up to a side room where they will wait for me and dad, who will do the same thing. We're then questioned by the registrar and then ready to go! 

Im not having a chief/MOH so we worked out the order of the bridesmaids due to their dresses, rather than any significance. My sister S will go first as she is wearing one of the long dresses, then K in the short, then D (long), A (short) and J (long), with me and dad following behind. 

Related image

The entrance route is a bit strange due to the layout of the room, we enter through the door to the right of the stage as you look at the above picture, walk around the outside of the floor chairs to the back and then down the aisle towards the stage. This means that everyone can see as we enter the room, but M has been given strict instructions that he cant look until we reach the back of the room and make our way down the middle aisle. 

At this point our coordinator advised that my dad shakes M's hand and gives me a kiss, before taking my hand and passing it to M. I advised that i didn't want the last bit, the whole giving away makes it sound like i'm someones property! I'm happy with the handshake and a kiss thankyouverymuch!

After the ceremony we decided to have the family shots in the room as it's so beautiful. Plus it gets them out of the way and saves trying to get everyone together again once they're back in the North Hall. We'll then all go downstairs and have one big group shot on the stairs of the North Hall. 

St Georges Hall also has a large main Hall which has a famous Minton tiled floor dating back to the 1850's when the hall opened before it  was covered up in the 1860's to allow for dancing. For 11 months of the year the floor remains covered, and then every August it is unveiled for viewing (you're only allowed to walk around the edge, not on the tiled floor itself) I asked our coordinator what the chances of us getting a picture on the floor were and she told me not to hold out much hope, but she will see what she can do, so here's hoping! 

Image result for st georges hall great hall

covered

Image result for st georges great hall

uncovered showing minton floor

• Ashley72Ashley72 Posts: 1,136 New bride

Wow. What a building! Your photos will be stunning. I really hope you get the tiled floor shot. 

• MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,949 New bride

Just stunning!

Good plan with tbe sneaky time change, I might do that! My sister arrived for our son's christening just as it ended!

MrsCToBee wrote (see post):

Just stunning!

Good plan with tbe sneaky time change, I might do that! My sister arrived for our son's christening just as it ended!

It' not a wedding if the bride isn't fashionably late, and i don't have time to be late so this way i get to be late whilst being on time. Genius 

T Minus 17 days 

The last week or so has been spent watching our savings account drop as invoices started coming in. Luckily, i live my working life by in depth spreadsheets to the minute detail and forced myself to do so for anything wedding related so all of this was expected. My home life is much more ad hoc and disorganised, so work me is giving normal me a great big smug pat on the back about now. 

Last night, just so i was doing something, i put together our table plan. I bought a large pin notice board from amazon, some lemon fabric, grey paint and string, and small wooden pegs. I wrapped the pin board in the fabric and painted the frame, draped some string across and stapled to the back. It's not quite finished as some of the grey paint needs touching up and the seating cards need backing, but im quite pleased with it! (I know it doesnt look much as ive removed all the names, and the lemon fabric looks a bit mustardy in the pic, trust me, it looks better in real life!) 

I've even started making myself checklists and itineraries for the little things like making sure there's breakfast in for M in the morning, and drawing up orders and timings for hair and makeup. I'm actually so calm and relaxed about everything that its making me stressed! i feel like i haven't really done anything for ages and surely that should be the case with almost 2 weeks to go!? 

• Amanda198Amanda198 Posts: 152

We have 10 days till ours, all our invoices are all now paid, but it was looking healthy until then. I have purchased fans for guests but with the change this week, wondering if i need to get an umbrella! Your table plan looks great.xx 

Update - on nothing really

Other than paying the invoices that continue to come thick and fast, once again i've not got a lot to update on. Seriously, what do other brides get up to in the run up to the wedding? All i hear about is how much weight i'll lose in the run up to the wedding (im still waiting, ive actually put 2lb on) and how stressed i'll be running round getting things done (last night i re-watched the last 4 episodes of Orange is the New Black ready for the new season to start tomorrow)

I've got a list of small fiddly jobs that need doing, but i finish work tomorrow so i've got a week to get everything sorted. This is the plan:

Friday 29th: Work in the morning, then go for final fitting late afternoon. If everything is ok i'll be bringing my dress home tomorrow (to leave in my mum's) If not, will have to arrange to pick up next week. Binge watch the new season of OITNB so i'm not leaving the reception to sneak in an episode. 

Saturday 28th: Hairdressers, finally getting rid of the damn greys. Then off to my cousins little boys birthday. 

Sunday 29th: Move the tableplan, postbox, and boxes of all other wedding related stuff into the back room. 

Monday 30th: AM - Cleaner coming to deep clean the house. There's been boxes everywhere for weeks now and the place feels minty - and lets be honest, I'm far too lazy to do it myself. PM - Dog Sitter visit - my dog is a crank and HATES other dogs, so kennels is not an option for us. M's dad usually stays in ours to mind him whilst we're away but he'll obviously be with us! So we've arranged for a dog sitter to come to the house on the day of the wedding. He'll stay with him for the evening and then M's dad will go back to ours after the wedding. This has probably been the most stressful part of the planning! 

Tuesday 31st: Aim to finish all last minute bits: make up sweet jars, write bridesmaids, M's, mum & dads cards, finishing touches to table plan etc.

Wednesday 1st: Lash tint, brow tint & wax. Box everything up and put in the living room ready for Friday.

Thursday 2nd: We've been invited for breakfast at my aunties, then i'm off into town for waxing and semi perm eyelashes.

Friday 3rd: Getting nails done in the morning. I've borrowed the work van for the afternoon so that's coming at 12. So once i've packed everything in there and get it dropped at the hotel, i should be ready to check in and chill in my room for a bit until the bridesmaids arrive to go for tea. 

Saturday 4th: Say 'I Do!' (ooer)

It still all seems so surreal, like it's happening to someone else and not me. I don't feel any nerves, stress or even excitement really. Maybe i'll get a sudden surge of oestrogen over the weekend and start acting like a bride to be??? 

• LiverbrideLiverbride Posts: 57

It is getting close now! I just pop in here occasionally to read up in your progress. We were in Liverpool for our anniversary over the weekend and we went past SGH...the red carpet was out and it looked amazing! Hope the last bits of prep go smoothly.

Liverbride wrote (see post):

It is getting close now! I just pop in here occasionally to read up in your progress. We were in Liverpool for our anniversary over the weekend and we went past SGH...the red carpet was out and it looked amazing! Hope the last bits of prep go smoothly.

Ah thanks Liverbride, it still feels so surreal! 

• All packed, and I've still not managed to get my head around it... 

• Sian91Sian91 Posts: 829 New bride

Super organised and chilled bride- hope all continues to go well!

Are you still chilled, I hope my run up is like yours

So exciting!!! 

• GinAndBlingGinAndBling Posts: 1,311 New bride

How exciting! Glad you are feeling chilled xx

Our planning thread: We're completely winging it.
    Our report: A fun, classic May day in navy and blush
    My weightloss thread: Diet denial! 
  • Ive just got into bed after a lovely day. Arrived at the hotel, booked into my suite and had my whole pretty woman moment in the bath! Went for tea with my bridesmaids then met my mum, dad and brother for a drink. The gift Boxes were very well received!

Settling down with this book that my mum has given me, ready to be woken up by my dad for breakfast. See you on the other side everyone!

I'M GETTING MARRIED IN THE MORNING!

image image

Awww how lovely, happy wedding day!!! Can’t wait to hear all about it 👰🤵xxx

Hope you are having an amazing day 😀

• Very best wishes. Hope you're having a magical day xxx

• Ashley72Ashley72 Posts: 1,136 New bride

Hope you have had the best day xx

Ah you look amazing! Congrats!

• Kelly224Kelly224 Posts: 962 New bride

Wow! You look beautiful, hope you had a fabulous day! 

Oh WOW you look amazing 😍 fab pics!! So can’t wait to hear all about your day xx

• MrsJ2017MrsJ2017 Posts: 3,017

Only just saw this? Congratulations you look beautiful x