Forum home Your planning threads

EM & GEE

I tend to waffle on so I'll post a few things about our wedding later on but I love reading all of your threads!

Our Story

G and I met ten years ago, in a bar, he was slightly intoxicated, and I was designated driver for the night out with my then best friend. G went to college with my friend and spied her across the dance-floor, so came over to say hello . The Kooks had just released Naive and G and his mates were jumping up and down singing their hearts out, G - with a nearly full pint of lager in his hand. Then, disaster, the whole pint of beer came spilling out of the glass and over my head, and all down my brand new WHITE silk dress. I was fuming,he was mortified. He swept me up to the bar to get some tissue, and produced a £20 note from his pocket to get my dress dry cleaned. Understandably being sober, completely fed up and embarrassed at my now see through dress I took the money. After all it was brand new and I thought he was an absolute knobhead. He took my phone from my hand and tapped in his number, and asked me to let him know if it cost anymore to get the dress dry-cleaned. I left the bar shortly after with my friend and went home, covering my dignity with our handbags. I called him a few days later to say I had to get the dress dry cleaned three times to get rid of the stains and asked him for the money. He instead asked if we could meet up so that he could apologise again and to give me the cash. I agreed and the following Friday and after one too many sambuccas, I ended up spending the night with him. We then began our 'seeing phase' for around 6 months, going on dates and me going to see him play in his band. We'd travel around together listening to 'Inside In/Inside Out' by the Kooks. That December he asked me to be his girlfriend, in the middle of Covent Garden by the Christmas tree.

The Proposal

When G and I first met, he was struggling through University to get his degree whilst working shifts in a pub and I was working my way up my fathers company and sitting my Financial Adviser exams. I supported him financially for 4 years until he landed his dream job in London. We never spoke of marriage and when he asked me to move in, we made the conscious decision that we wouldn't rent, and would save for a deposit for a house. It took us 5 years after a really long (11 months!) and complex chain, we moved in on October 6th 2014. Our first Christmas was wonderful. We woke early and made bacon sandwiches whilst opening our presents - G had gone a little overboard and was whisking me away to New York for Valentines after getting a great bonus from work and I was ecstatic - if a little speechless. Then something weird happened, he began frantically upturning the stockings and rummaging around in the paper, saying he had bought me a jokey present that I hadn't opened. I laughed it off and he quickly took off up the stairs to find it, I began clearing up. Then as if by magic he was there, on one knee by the Christmas tree in all of the discarded wrapping paper, little red box in hand and pouring his heart out to me, I cannot begin to tell you what he was saying, I was dumbstruck. He'd asked my dad for permission a few weeks before and I was over the moon. The ring has a little twist either side of the diamond and is engraved with 'Us Forever' inside with a little diamond. We celebrated with both of our families that day.

• This is lovely. Can't wait to read more. Gorgeous ring too!

• EmmyGeeEmmyGee Posts: 102

Picking a Date

We spoke alot about when to get married and the budget. We knew that we didn't want to whack it all on a credit card but didn't want to 'go cheap' on anything, and with buying a 'fixer upper' house a few months before the proposal we had to be careful with what we were spending. We'd been to a fair few Winter weddings and had a few more coming up so decided we wanted a Summer wedding, especially as our three nieces would be our flower girls and all at critical ages in school we wanted them to be relaxed and not have to sneak time off, same with our families as I have a few teachers in mine! We settled on July and 2017 - giving us enough time to put money aside each month. I turn thirty the first week of July so decided that we would do it the end. On a Saturday. So have set on July 22nd. 

The Venue

Our families are quite large and all very close. We live in Essex and there are a fair few barns out in the countryside where we have all attended weddings in the last few years. However, I hate the countryside - don't hate me! I just get very car sick and all the twisty turny country roads make me feel lightheaded so the last thing I want on my Wedding day and leading up to the day is travel sickness. So we decided to stay closer to home. We also hate the moving to and from venues as with an October wedding we previously went to we had an hours drive on a coach through twisty turny roads, in the rain - and I was sick in a plastic bucket! We visited four venue open days, all within our budget and all very different.

We ended up torn between two venues, a manor house about 25 minutes from our home, and a hotel about 40 minutes from home. We decided to book appointments at both for private tours with their wedding co-ordinators. The hotel was set in beautiful grounds - which would be exclusively ours, and enough rooms to accommodate our entire wedding party - all thrown in with the price. It was beautiful. But the co-ordinator left me feeling less than secure and a couple of the staff were mucking around whilst prepping a room for someones wedding that day. We felt really deflated.

The next morning we visited the Manor house. It too is set in beautiful grounds with lovely manicured gardens and a corn field behind (which I think will make lovely pictures!) the staff were wonderful, all in a smart white jackets and gloves, like something out of the military. They were polite, attentive and quiet. They too were busy prepping for a wedding that day and watching them work was magical. They were meticulous in following the brides plans and two women were co-ordinating the outsourced suppliers. I was in love. Being a tad (ok not a tad, extremely) organised and suffering with OCD, this was a treat for my eyes and mind. The co-ordinator showing us around has owned the Manor for thirty plus years and knew every nook cranny and had a plan for every eventuality - even having staff on hand to hold up my dress, the dresses of my bridesmaids and holding umbrellas over us should the sun be too strong, or if their was rain when walking to the ceremony area. There were four rooms for hire, one for us, one for our parents and one for his sister - who lives over an hour away. It's centrally located for all of our guests so they can all be home in twenty minutes and I am blown away by the ceilings in both the reception and ceremony areas. We came home and within twenty minutes we had booked the manor house.

imageimageimage

• Wow that is a stunning venue!!! More please!

What do we want our wedding to be like? 

Now THIS was the tricky thing. G and I cannot agree on anything, nothing at all. It took us five weeks and two 'not talking to one another' bickering arguments to settle on the sofas in our living room. So coming up with what our day should be like was going to be anything but straightforward. G is not one of those guys that likes to sit back and let the girl get on with it either - like so many of my friends other halves! Sometimes I count myself lucky that he wants to be so involved and sometimes I wish he would bugger off and let me get on with it  What we early agreed on was that when people walk into our wedding we really wanted people to know it was 'our' wedding. We've been to so many in the last few years and all of them become one big blur of white roses and blush pink. The first thing we agreed on was the colour scheme. G looks good in blue, and he loves a slim fit suit. He dresses so casually for work so when he dresses up he really does wear it well. So he quickly said he wanted blue for his suit and I liked grey for bridesmaids as I think it would really tie in with the venue. Flowers was a sticking point for me. I love flowers and G buys me a big bunch every few months. I knew I didn't want one colour but I couldn't decide on what I did want. Then, one weekend whilst babysitting my three nieces, we watched Matilda. Amanda Thripp gets thrown over the fence by her pigtails and she scoops up the flowers - when she turns around with all the colours and a big bunch in her hand, I paused the TV and took a picture. That's how I saw our flowers for the wedding, loose, free and like they had been scooped up from a field. We thought they would offset beautifully against the grey of the bridesmaids dresses. 

Contd.

That's when it all started coming together. G and I really had fun thinking over the table plan, we thought about lines from our favorite comedy sitcoms, swear words in other languages (G's idea) and random numbers (25 - the day he proposed) but none of them really stuck. Then one day whilst driving to meet our friends we passed the 'Spread Eagle' pub and laughed for ages. I hit trusty Google and we found lots and lots of rude pub names. This we knew was 'us' we love anything rude. We then saw the beautiful window boxes outside another pub in the area and I began searching on eBay for some crates that could be printed onto. I found a company in Dorset and emailed the lady my idea. She loved it and I placed the order a few days later. G's not big on the whole flower thing for the wedding so I took my very involved and eager Mum along to the appointment at the florists. She was wonderful and saw our vision very clearly. She played around with a Crate that we had ordered as a trial and it just looked beautiful. Twisted Ivy and ferns weaving in and out of the crate with seasonal flowers all sticking up in bright colours. I shed a tear - such a plonker! I text G a pic and he text me back a thumbs up. She was booked there and then. I ordered wooden rustic hears for the flower girls to hold that will be intertwined with flowers and Ivy and mismatched bouquets for my bridesmaids. All guests will have button holes - with extra special for the mums, nans and wedding party. 

Our centre pieces from the crate ladies website - I'm over the moon with them!

We also ordered a Mr and Mrs one for the top table and for the signing of the registry table!

The Wedding Party / Outfits

We both come from very close families and we wanted everyone involved. I have 5 adult bridesmaids: my two sisters, G's sister and my two cousins and 3 flower girls: our three nieces. G has 2 best men and 5 ushers.

My bridesmaids are all different shapes and sizes so finding a dress that would make them all feel comfortable was going to be tricky, my sisters and I are quite large chested so to be able to wear a bra was a must have, my cousin is a beautifully slim statuesque 5'11" and towers above all the other bridesmaids so wanted to be able to wear flat shoes, whereas my other cousin is 5'1" in her tallest heels so wanted to wear her standard giant heels and my youngest sister suffers with arthritis so wanted a dress to cover her knees which have a tendency to balloon if she's stressed.  

I ordered 5 from Chi Chi London at midi length and had all 5 adult bridesmaids over to try on. Well I could've cried with laughter - those dresses are not made for the largely breasted woman and made my sisters look like bowling balls - even though one of them has a tiny waist - they were promptly sent straight back.

Back to the drawing board - and during a slow afternoon in the office I was browsing ASOS as you do and found these beauties. They did a curve range which was perfect for one of my sisters and were just what I was looking for. I ordered them that day and all 5 were back over that weekend to try - they all loved them and were just that little bit more special then your basic maxi dress.

The flower girls are proving more difficult then I previously had imagined. My nieces will be 12, 10 and 6 on our wedding day and they are all insisting on wearing the same. So I think this will be left until a few weeks before as they grow so quickly! 

I made some cute 'Be my Bridesmaid' cards which I copied off of Pinterest!

• MrsNH17MrsNH17 Posts: 650 New bride

I'm enjoying your thread and love the way you write! Anyone whose thread uses the word knobhead (totally underused that one recently!) was one I'm going to enjoy! Can't wait to read more! 

Hen & Stags

With such large groups of friends and big families these were going to be anything but easy too. I am a complete organised freak and have organised other peoples Hen Do's without them knowing as their Maids of Honour were useless lol and have also organised a Stag Do when G was best man a few years ago. Safe to say I wasn't going to be handing over the reigns to my bridesmaids when it came to my own Hen Do. So there are 19 of us heading out to Albufeira over the May bank holiday. The flights and accommodation were booked in September and I've left the actual nights out etc.. for my sisters to plan. The only thing we have decided together is the theme for one of the nights out. I am losing my lovely surname of 'Young' so therefore decided that going out dressed as old grandmas would be a suitable reflection of this. I was teased in school for my surname so we thought two fingers up to them I will be old for this occasion. Plus - who doesn't want to rock a pair of slippers on a night out!

G's two best men are, well, to be nice, relaxed, so relaxed they're horizontal - he had them round for Pizza and operation 'Stag' one Friday night and six hours later they emerged from the conservatory all proud that they had drawn up a list of people. G looked exhausted and begged me to take over. Not to blow my own trumpet but I had arranged the Stag do within an hour. I love it! Plus R & J get all the glory as all the emails were signed off from them haha Anyway 22 of them are off to Benalmadena the first week of June, for three nights. Plenty of time for G's eyebrows to grow back I've been told.  

• Jenni8Jenni8 Posts: 3,201

Haha I love your organisation skills! Love the tablename boxes too! Will they have the gyp in them? So pretty!

The Dress

OK, don't scream. With eight months to go, I haven't even looked at a Wedding Dress, if I could get married in tights and a black dress with long chiffon sleeves  - I'd be in heaven. My self confidence is not the greatest and I avoid full length mirrors at all costs. So the thought of going into a dress shop and standing up surrounded by mirrors fills me with absolute dread. It brings me out in a cold sweat and gives me that sinking feeling in my stomach(feeling it now just typing about it!)  This is the only thing that I cant bring myself to do for the wedding. I wouldn't describe myself as 'plus size' I'm a good size 16, am about 5'10" but my knockers are a 36H (and all real) and wearing cheap bras when I was younger have caused dents in my shoulders and marks across my back. I also have keratosis pilaris (chicken skin) on the tops of my arms. I've broken down a couple of times about it. Mum finally had enough and started googling the other day and has booked us an appointment at a bridal shop in London for next Tuesday. They stock lots of designer gowns in their 'plus' range which will probably offer more support for the Mitchell Brothers (affectionate name for my knockers). Still cannot bare to look at the dress shop online. I wish I could get excited about it - but I just cant - I'll report after my appointment on Tuesday - that's if I actually summon the courage to go to it!

- Just ordered some 'nude' undies and a new bra for the Mitchell brothers ready for Tuesday - feel sick!!

Jenni8 wrote (see post):

Haha I love your organisation skills! Love the tablename boxes too! Will they have the gyp in them? So pretty!

Hi Jenni!

No the boxes will be filled with seasonal flowers (summer) in all different colours with lots of greenery too. We wanted them to look like window boxes :) 

Table Name Places / Planner / Favours

Gee is a Graphic Designer and he met one of his BM - R - at college. R is a fine artist and is incredible at his art - however he works for a big auditing company and does his art on the side. We decided to get him involved in the Wedding somehow - he's recently lost his dad and needed something to focus on. We've given him the task of the table plan. I wish I had a pic (he only snapchatted me as he wants it to be a surprise) but he has ordered a giant chalk board and has begun - in chalk - to draw the hanging signs of the pubs on the chalk board with intricate Ivy and leaves in the corners. It's spectacular! I'll be writing the guest names on myself - PRESSURE! As my handwriting is quite nice. 

Favours is something that we have debated for a few months, over the years we've had: flower seeds, bird seed, chocolate, mirrors, mini vodkas, jam and biscuits. So we wanted to be a little bit different. With R's father recently passing from Lung Cancer and Gee doing alot of extreme charity things over the years (London Marathon, Tough Mudder & Three Peaks Challenge to name a few) we thought of donating to charity. However, we couldn't pick one. So we have decided to purchase the Charity Pins for ten Charities that are all very close to our hearts. These include, BHF, Breast Cancer Care, Roy Castle Lung Cancer, Alzheimer Society, Marie Curie, MIND, Make a Wish Foundation, McMillan, Guide Dogs for the Blind and CF Trust. We've ordered about 50% of these and are storing them at home. Each charity has received £20 from us £10 for the pins and an extra £10 as a donation. We're trying to figure out a way of putting the name places on the Kraft card whilst attaching these with a short note as to why we've picked this charity. I'm sure Gee will come up with an ingenious way of getting this done!

• Jenni8Jenni8 Posts: 3,201
    EmmyGee wrote (see post):

Hi Jenni!

No the boxes will be filled with seasonal flowers (summer) in all different colours with lots of greenery too. We wanted them to look like window boxes :) 

Ah they'll look gorgeous!

Good luck dress shopping - absolutely loved the experience so I really hope that you do. You can definitely find something you'll feel comfortable in and the dresses I tried have great support and really hold you in, in all the right places!

Jenni8 wrote (see post):
    EmmyGee wrote (see post):

Hi Jenni!

Ah they'll look gorgeous!

Good luck dress shopping - absolutely loved the experience so I really hope that you do. You can definitely find something you'll feel comfortable in and the dresses I tried have great support and really hold you in, in all the right places!

Ah thanks Jenni - I'm absolutely bricking it!! x

I love this time of year - work is so slow !

Cake Cake Cake

We were toying with the idea of a 'top table' cake with us and our parents crafted with our nieces peering out from under the table. A lady that has made cakes for our family for years is fantastic so we approached her with our idea. She drew me up a price and I nearly fell off the chair. That idea went straight out the window. Back to the drawing board - I mean we could have gone elsewhere but it put me right off.  Being as though we had used her for nearly ten years I felt a bit upset.

Anyway! Gee is a complete chocoholic - so we thought about a 'naked' chocolate cake but I thought this might look ugly so probably best to speak to a professional. We set about asking around friends and family about if they knew anyone that could help. A few names were put forward but their albums were so traditional we didn't think they would be right for us.  I phoned my youngest sister to vent whilst she was at work and her work friend mentioned that his Auntie was a professional cake maker and gave my sister her details. 

I spoke to her in depth over the phone about our wedding, she was lovely and had a great sense of humor - we hit it off straight away so one freezing cold October Saturday morning we drove the 40 minutes of twisty turny country roads  into deepest darkest Essex. 

She had the most amazing idea for our wedding cake - a Croquembouche (basically profiteroles all stacked up in a cone shape) but instead of being filled with cream (which would go funny) they would be filled with chocolate ganache and in the evening they could be portioned up and covered with cream for our guests. She'd handmade a few for us to try and they were beautiful. SOLD! She's going to decorate with edible grey lustre and glitter to give it a lovely sheen and will decorate further with seasonal flowers.

Basically it will look like this but bigger, covered in glitter and flowers and with a little edible chocolate plaque with our names and date on.

• Emma593Emma593 Posts: 128 New bride

Hi EmmyGee / Venue Twin.

I'm getting married at Friern Manor on Saturday 27th May. Very exciting to see someone else's plans.

My planning thread is here if you are interested - http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/wedding-may-2017---georgian-manor/431625.html - I have different username due to getting locked out.

I love the idea of your centrepieces. We are doing the exactly the same in regards to favours. Our charities are Make a Wish Foundation and McMillan.

I didn't enjoy wedding dress shopping as I have put 2 stone on and what I liked didn't look great on and what did, I didn't like. If your near Romford I highly recommend The Bridal Shop - http://www.bridalshopltd.co.uk/  they have a good range of sizes so you don't feel like you are being shoehorned into anything and the ladies are lovely. Another shop I would recommend is Abigail's Collection in Colchester - http://www.abigailscollection.co.uk/ i didn't personally use them but my friend did and i ordered my partners suit from there and their service was brilliant. 

Are you using any of the suppliers that Friern Manor recommend? 

Looking forward to reading more.

• MoggleMoggle Posts: 556 New bride

Love everything about your planning so far EmmyGee - your table names and centrepiece crates are particularly cracking! Reading about how you got the inspiration for your flowers made me smile too, love it 

Try not to put too much pressure on yourself about the dress shopping, relax and enjoy it (I know that's easier said than done...). Hope it all goes well with the first time on Tuesday! 

Moggle wrote (see post):

Love everything about your planning so far EmmyGee - your table names and centrepiece crates are particularly cracking! Reading about how you got the inspiration for your flowers made me smile too, love it 

Try not to put too much pressure on yourself about the dress shopping, relax and enjoy it (I know that's easier said than done...). Hope it all goes well with the first time on Tuesday! 

Thank you Moggle 

Groom Present

My biggest downfall according to G is my hate of Only Fools & Horses (yes very controversial!). I've only met one other person that dislikes it in my whole 29 years of life. I didn't ever watch it growing up and G puts it on religiously. Like I know if I'm not in the room then UK Gold is on and that bloody theme tune is blaring. G also quotes from it constantly with his mates and it drives me barmy! 

So when thinking of something to get him for his present on the day, I wanted to get something memorable. 

God I hope he doesn't find this thread - must delete it from Browser History!

My sister is the Service Manager of an Audi Branch and she's managed to wrangle a few of the Sales Team into providing transport for the day. An R8 to take him to the venue and a Q7 for his parents and 2 best men - I've gotta get a bloody people carrier for me and the brady bunch of bridesmaids!

But what G doesn't know is that I've cancelled the R8 and have the Trotters 3 Wheeler picking him and his two BM up! I've got his Dad in on it so he's going to video the approach. It's basically a replica of the van and the man driving it is a lookey likey of Del Boy and the vans full of all the OFAH memorabilia (blow up dolls etc...) and it blasts the theme tune from the roof mounted speakers.

He doesnt have a clue (and neither do his BM or his mum)  - I cant wait to see the footage 

Save The Dates

We made these ourselves randomly one evening - not the best picture quality - the toilet door people are a nod to the pub names / the fact I spent about twenty minutes under a hand drier when we first met / and that we'd been together 8 years before he proposed!

imageimage

The Dress

So yesterday was D Day, I barely slept Monday night and woke up feeling sick. So dramatic! Mum and me hit the tube and went to Elephant & Castle to 'London Bride' they've been there almost 40 years and Mum found them online as they specifically stock the 'Julietta' range of dresses which start at a 16 in UK fashion or an 18 in Bridal. The shop didn't look much from the High Street and their Window display didn't really grab me either but we went in. My appointment was for 45 minutes or a limit of six dresses. I was immediately put off by this but my consultant explained that as this was my first time and I was nervous that by chucking everything at me would overwhelm me - which is probably very true!

I flicked through the Julietta catalogue and selected four dresses that I wanted to try..and my consultant picked two different ones that she thought I would like. Dress 1, 2 & 4 were horrendous on me, I looked massive. But mum liked dress 3 which was an exaggerated fishtail. I didn't feel comfortable at all but I could see that it did look quite nice (sorry no pics!) then an A line in White for dress 5 which too looked ok but it wasn't 'wow'. Dress 6, well, I looked like a circus big top!

Then the anxiety set in and I had a mini breakdown in the changing room. Tears & hyperventilating followed and I started to get dressed back into my jeans. I had visions of me ordering a dress from China and not putting it on till the day so that I wouldn't have to go through this again - god I am sooo dramatic haha!

The Manager appeared said that a new delivery had come in and she had a gown in mind for me. I wasn't really in the mood but she showed it to me and I thought nothing ventured nothing gained. It didn't really blow me away on the hanger but as soon as she zipped me in I felt like it was the one. 

I walked out the curtain and my mum burst into tears. It was perfect. It's an absolutely gorgeous mink color with Ivory lace over the top. It's sweetheart neckline (which I didn't think I would want) strapless (again didn't want) fitted (same again) and a different color then Ivory (you get the picture!)

Then 'Stay Another Day' came on the radio which was the song that was on the music channel on Christmas Day just after G proposed to me. It gave me goosebumps! I felt radiant and the colour completely lifted me. The back is really low but is just as pretty from behind and there is a lovely bit of sparkly detail at the front. 

Mum didnt really get a chance to take any pictures because I was so blotchy from my meltdown and she's not good at the whole camera phone so this is the only pic of me in it and I didnt have my hold in pants on in this pic!

Here's a link to the dress on the website:

https://www.essensedesigns.com/essense-of-australia/wedding-dresses/d2267/

I couldn't fault the girls at the bridal shop they were absolutely fantastic. I got the veil shown in my pic, which is gorgeous, it's very plain but it matched the dress perfectly and they gave me a garter for the day too as a little token. 

Dress will be there in April ready for my fittings for the big day.

I feel elated 

• MoggleMoggle Posts: 556 New bride

Love your dress emmygee - so sparkly on the top and that colour is perfect, it compliments your skin tone so well!

I'm sorry your first 6 dresses didn't go as well and made you feel that way, but if the bottom of your dress looks as good on you as the top does in that picture then I'd say this dress more than makes up for the others! Perfect, and I'm glad you're so happy with it - I felt exactly the same when I finally found my dress 

Beautiful Dress. I'm sorry that you had a meltdown but glad you found your dress.

The dress looks lovely on you and i love the colour. You can tell from the picture that it really suits your skin tone.

Essence of Australia dresses are beautiful. Compared to other makes I tried on I really noticed the difference in the quality and the structure of their dresses just seemed much better.

• MrsS85MrsS85 Posts: 688 New bride

Your dress is stunning, so pleased your appointment ended well.

Oh thank you so much! I feel like massive weight has been lifted 

xx

I have just received an email to say that Friern Manors Wedding Fayre is on Sunday 5th Feb. 

Still To Do

Inspired by other threads I thought I'd jot down what we still have to do!

Rings - Going in the New Year to have a look at getting a ring made to fit my Engagement Ring - it's such an unusual style and I want a ring that will sit flush against it. I want a plain band as I don't want to distract away from the stones on the E.R. We've been given the name of a jeweller nearby so need to go and see them. G wants a plain band too.

Suits - G and his merry men really need to start thinking about this. He has decided he wants blue or Navy and he wants to hire his suit. We've had a little look at Burtons and Debenhams so think we should go and have a look at see what he likes best so that they can all be measured up!

Entertainment - We've booked our venues DJ but we want maybe a string quartet. We've had a few responses from emails with prices so really need to knuckle down on this as I'm sure they get booked up really quick!

Shoes / Accessories - Now I have finally got my dress I need to find some shoes and the hair comb. Also I'm thinking about wearing some dangly earrings for the day - Not massive chandeliers but some drops as I have wonky ear piercings (caused by flinching at 9 years old!)

Hair / Make Up - I've emailed the Hairdresser about having my hair down in big bouncy curls with maybe a small bit swept back from my face. The make up I've got a lady that I've used before so need to book a trial to have both done next year. 

Menu Selection - This is being done in March next year when the venue invites us over for their Intuition night. Cant wait!!!

Best Men / Usher Gifts - Leaving that to G!

Place Names w. Favors - G again!

Bridesmaids Shoes - Not sure whether to just let them buy and pick what they want - as long as they are sandals and are silver or grey. Some want flats some want heels! I'll have to do a Whatsapp after Xmas on this!

Honeymoon - We're thinking of a mini moon for a week in Spain a few days after the wedding and then maybe doing Route 66 in Jan/Feb the following year. This is still being banded around though!

Junior Bridesmaids - Thinking of doing this in the Easter Break next year as my eldest Junior bridesmaid has grown about a foot in the last 6 months so lord only knows that she will be like next year!

Feel like I'm forgetting something!!!

Emma593 wrote (see post):

I have just received an email to say that Friern Manors Wedding Fayre is on Sunday 5th Feb. 

HAHA How strange I was just going to pop this on your thread!!!!

I'm soo annoyed that we're away for my nans 80th that weekend so we're going to miss it!

That's annoying. Please let me know if there is anything you want me to pick up or find out for you? In the Winter they use a big marquee going out into the garden. If you go on facebook you will see it on their page so it's not a good time to see the venue set up properly. I went a couple of times in the summer just to see how different people styled the venue. Last year they just had all their recommended suppliers there and they were offering drinks and canapes. I highly recommend their fish and chip cones :) 

I noticed above that you are hiring suits we did ours through the Groom Room. We obviously haven't received them yet but their service so far has been brilliant. http://www.thegroomsroomessex.co.uk/

I'm not too sure if we are going to the Intuition night this year yet. We did enjoy ourselves last year but I think I went with too high expectations. I thought we would be sitting in the old coaching stables which we didn't we ended up in the manor house bit. There were only four different couples there so not much of an atmosphere and the menu on the evening has only a few selections of what they normally offer which didn't include the items we wanted to try but what we did have was lovely. I also think it would have been nice to try the different wines they on offer where they only had the house wine to try. 

Emma593 wrote (see post):

That's annoying. Please let me know if there is anything you want me to pick up or find out for you? In the Winter they use a big marquee going out into the garden. If you go on facebook you will see it on their page so it's not a good time to see the venue set up properly. I went a couple of times in the summer just to see how different people styled the venue. Last year they just had all their recommended suppliers there and they were offering drinks and canapes. I highly recommend their fish and chip cones :) 

I noticed above that you are hiring suits we did ours through the Groom Room. We obviously haven't received them yet but their service so far has been brilliant. http://www.thegroomsroomessex.co.uk/

I'm not too sure if we are going to the Intuition night this year yet. We did enjoy ourselves last year but I think I went with too high expectations. I thought we would be sitting in the old coaching stables which we didn't we ended up in the manor house bit. There were only four different couples there so not much of an atmosphere and the menu on the evening has only a few selections of what they normally offer which didn't include the items we wanted to try but what we did have was lovely. I also think it would have been nice to try the different wines they on offer where they only had the house wine to try. 

Oh thank you so much that is really kind of you! I'm just trying to see if we can leave earlier on the Sunday so that we can (we're only in Potters) and are due back that day anyway!

Thank for the tip on the suit hire - I'll have a look at them too.

Oh yes I would have assumed we were in there too, ah well. At least we can see that the quality is good I guess! I am looking forward to it just to be served will be nice too so we know what to expect

x