#mrandmrsBAMF - 1st June 2019

• MrsLMTMrsLMT Posts: 3,830

Love your engagement photo!!! 

Good luck with the party plans. I organised my mums 50th a few years ago and it was surprisingly harder than I imagined. 

Well done on booking the photographer and DJ. 

• MrsBAMFMrsBAMF Posts: 217 New bride
    FutureMrsThomas wrote (see post):

Love your engagement photo!!! 

Good luck with the party plans. I organised my mums 50th a few years ago and it was surprisingly harder than I imagined. 

Well done on booking the photographer and DJ. 

Thanks FutureMrsThomas!

It is pretty stressful, and I'm constantly WhatsApp-ing or ringing my dad to tell him that I've organised more stuff, so he owes me more money! If it manages to stay a surprise for another week and a half, I'll be so happy! I've written myself a timeline of things that need to be done on the day. Of course, whether I stick to it is an entirely different matter of course...

xXx

My dad took my mum to London and I had 24 hours to get their house ready for the party. Well parties...long standing family politics meaning my dad's side of the family refuse to be in the same room as my mothers family. So we we had one party at 1:30pm and the second party at 5pm. I was absolutely shattered!

Jeez! Luckily, we've had no family politics recently (nothing major anyway), so everyone is going to be in one place at one time, even if it means we're all squashed together like sardines because my dad's invited too many people 

xXx

Well, we did it! Mum loved her surprise party, I was first in the buffet line (get in!!!) and everybody fit into the room!

Can't tell you how relieved I am that it all went according to plan (even if the birthday girl was very very late!) and I danced and sang my ass off! Despite not drinking a drop of booze, I feel rough as today! I sound like Barry White haha! 

xXx

Eeeeeek! I just booked an appointment to try wedding dresses on!

xXx

This time in 2 years, I'll be partying with my nearest and dearest as a married lady! Eeeeeek!

xXx

• Ah MrsBamf! Exciting! I'll be on a 7day count down! 

I feel like it's become more real today! I've been telling anyone who'd listen today "I'll be married this time in two years!", bet they're thinking "Shut up, woman!"

I'm so excited!

xXx

• Kelly224Kelly224 Posts: 962 New bride

It's great when you get to a milestone like that!!  This time next week I'll be banging on about 18 months to go!  I can't wait to get to the more exciting stages of planning as I've booked all the big bits now and I'm restraining myself from doing anything else until the beginning of next year as I don't want to plan everything too soon!

Kelly, I'm so sorry, I've only just seen this!

I'm trying not to organise too much now, but I keep seeing things I love (a pair or shoes in Debenhams being just one) and getting all excited!

That being said, I've just booked my car  I'm not keen on vintage looking cars (unless it's a 60's VW camper) so I was looking for something classic or modern, which was surprisingly hard to find. But then I clapped eyes on a bespoke pearl white Rolls Royce Phantom and fell head over heels! I also saw a Bentley Flying Spur that I liked the look of, so added that to the list too.

Mr BAMF absolutely loves cars (the faster and louder the better ) so I wondered what he'd have to say about my taste in wedding transport. I needn't have worried though - he actually high fived me when I told him what I liked! I showed him pictures of both, and he was happy for me to get some quotes from different places for then, but I don't think either of us were prepared for the actual cost (I mean, it's not like we're actually buying them!)... Naive much?!

The Bentley was coming up at around £500 and the Rolls was around £700  but Mr BAMF quite rightly said "When are either of us going to be able to ride around in a bespoke Rolls Royce Phantom ever again?!" and if you can't do it for your wedding, when can you, eh?

So, the decision's been made and the deposit's been paid (or it would have been if my bank hadn't blocked the transaction thinking someone was robbing me!) 

If I can, I'll stick some pictures on or stick the link to the company's website up. Ooooooh, exciting!

xXx

Just found out that the boutique I'm visiting on Saturday has the Alfred Angelo Disney Princess 2017 collection in this weekend with 10% off orders made during that time 😱

Is this what destiny feels like?! I know it's the first place I'll be visiting AND the wedding's still 23 months away, so I think I need to try my very best not to get carried away...

xXx

• Mrs Bamf, which Disney dress are you liking? I've fell for an old style one :/ 

I think Cinderella and Rapunzel are my faves from this collection. To be honest, I watched the catwalk show and loved them all 😍

I originally fell in love with the Cinderella one from the  2013 collection ( I think), but I doubt they'll still be able to get that now!

xXx

• Go with an open mind - but if it's the one I'm sure you'll know 

In all honesty, I don't have a clear idea of what I want, so I think I'll be very open-minded (not to mention slightly overwhelmed!). Really excited though 😊

xXx

• I'm excited for you! Let us know how it goes 

Oh. My. God!

I'VE FOUND MY DRESS!!!

I'm still buzzing with excitement! I can't believe I actually found a dress on my first shopping trip - I can't make a decision to save my life normally, but when I tried the dress on, my smile was a mile wide (and then some) So it was a very easy decision to make!

I promise I'll write a more detailed post when I've calmed down, but for now I shall leave you with this:

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!! Haha!

xXx

• Wibs77Wibs77 Posts: 414

Amazing I can't wait to hear all about it.

• Ooooooooo was it a Disney one??? X

• VegasLouVegasLou Posts: 821 New bride

Oh wow. How exciting, looking forward to hearing all about it.

The appointment

So, here we go! I'm splitting this into two parts as I know I'll waffle, so apologies in advance if you nod off!

I had no intention of buying a dress from the first store I visited - I am a typical girly girl, I love shopping! I wanted to go to a few different places, try on lots of pretty dresses and then make a decision. I'm also rubbish at decision making, so I thought it would take me a long while to decide what I actually wanted! How wrong was I...

I booked an appointment for myself, my mum and my MOH/best friend J to visit a local boutique called Roberta's Bridal. I'd heard a lot of good things about Roberta's and I drive past them almost every day on my way into work and try not to rubberneck as I go past. I've followed them on Facebook for quite a while as well - dresses are just so nice to look at, aren't they! Anyway, I wanted to get a head start on working out what styles suit me now that I've lost a little bit of weight, so off we went yesterday morning (after a pit stop for a full English where mum "misplaced" her car keys and nearly gave me a bloody coronary before they turned up in J's handbag 🤦🏼‍♀️).

I'd done my research to find out whose dresses they stock and was over the moon to know that they are Alfred Angelo stockists, as well as MoriLee and a few others. But it was definitely Alfred Angelo and the Disney Princess collection that grabbed my attention. The night before my appointment, as I mentioned on here, they announced on FB that the 2017 Disney Princess collection was in this weekend (including the limited edition Swarovski version of the Cinderella dress 😬) and there was a 10% discount on orders made during that time, so that only excited me even more!

The ladies in Roberta's are lovely, I could tell that from the off! The owner, Kelly, asked me what I wanted and I made my way over to the Princess dresses and kind of said "All of these please!" 😂

xXx

The dress

The dresses we picked out were a mix of fishtail, A line and ball gown, so I'd given myself a bit of choice. I wanted to try the Cinderella on first, but I was steered towards another dress, just so I didn't get too excited over the first dress I tried on.

Rapunzel was an A line gown with straps, covered in beautiful gold embroidery but the gold just didn't suit my colouring so that was one dress down! 

Next up was mum's choice, Pocahontas. It's fishtail with sweetheart neckline and one shoulder made from chiffon. I wasn't keen on the one shoulder, so we tucked that in. I liked the shape that the dress gave me, so that remained a contender.

Now, time for Cinders! That's a ball gown with a sweetheart neckline, lots of silver and Swarovski sparkles in the top and white sequins scattered over the skirt. As soon as I was fastened into it, I had an enormous smile on my face. Now this was a dress! No question about it, I really really liked it, so that was another one to add to the list. 

I tried Snow White after that, a ball gown so big it stood up on its own before I got in it! Unfortunately the length of the body made it look like I'd got a saggy tum or, in my lovely Mum's words, "You look like a lady boy!" 😳 Thanks mum, love you too! That was a big nope!

I LOVE Beauty and the Beast, the film and the song mean a lot to me, so I was hoping I'd try Belle on and that would be it. Another ball gown, with pintucked detail on the skirt. The skirt made my body look even shorter than it is, so it was bye bye to Belle.

Kelly then suggested Tiana, another fishtail style, delicate off the shoulder straps with criss cross beading and flower detail. I took one look at this dress thinking "I'm sure I've seen this before..." The beading coming off the shoulder straps reminded me of the very 90s wedding dress that my Barbie doll would wear when she married Shavin' Fun Ken or Robbie Williams and there was every detail you could ever want on the one dress (flowers, sequins, lace, Swarovski, beads). Far too busy for me!

Last but not least, I tried last year's Elsa gown on. Kind of A line, kind of ball gown, with off the shoulder straps and plenty of sparkle on the body. When the curtain opened for me to show mum and J, I have no shame in saying I actually belted "Let It Go" out, haha! I liked the way I looked in it, so that stayed in the dressing room. 

So, I narrowed it down to Pocahontas, Cinderella and Elsa and decided it was veil and tiara time too! Kelly showed me how Pocahontas would look when it was altered to my height, and it made me look incredibly short! I'm only 5ft 1in anyway, but I looked like I'd got no legs.

Down to the last 2! Elsa went back on next. I still really liked it and it would still suit me after being taken up, the only detractors were the straps - I felt like I'd be constantly be wanting to pull them up all day (it winds me up when my bra straps do that).

I tried Cinderella on again and I just knew that this was it. I was smiling, I couldn't stop looking at myself and all the sparkles! The tiara matched the detail on the bust perfectly too, the whole thing looked amazing and made me look tiny (weight wise, not height wise for once!). I felt like an actual princess 👸🏼 I didn't want to take it off EVER! 

Soooooo... here it is!

xXx

I don't have any pics of me in the dress to show you lovely ladies, but I'm sure you'll see it at some point between now and June 2019 😜

It's so much more sparkly in real life, it is PERFECT! I love it!

xXx

• August19August19 Posts: 285 New bride

Wow how exciting you found your dress, it's beautiful and you can tell in the picture the skirt has so much sparkle, did you manage to get the 10% off as well ? 

What happens with it be a while from the wedding they will just keep it in the store untill nearer to the tIme for fittings once it's delivered ? 

Xx

Swoon, I tried a very similar dress. We even nicknamed it Conderella but I didn't feel comfortable in a strapless dress.

Gorgeous! 

• VegasLouVegasLou Posts: 821 New bride

Wow that really is a Cinderella dress! It's beautiful, very exciting that you've found your dress.

SLM3 wrote (see post):

Wow how exciting you found your dress, it's beautiful and you can tell in the picture the skirt has so much sparkle, did you manage to get the 10% off as well ? 

What happens with it be a while from the wedding they will just keep it in the store untill nearer to the tIme for fittings once it's delivered ? 

Xx

Thank you hun! Yep, 10% off the dress and because we ordered the tiara and veil at the same time, Kelly gave us 10% off that too! I say "we" and "us" as my lovely mum is paying for my dress!

Yeah, she said it will be probably be in in December and then I can go back to have the alterations done whenever I have my shoes, but other than that, they'll just hold it for me 😊

xXx

• Omg! We can be Alfred Angelo Disney almost twins! I've just bought Snow White 250 :D 

i love Cinderella though, looks amazing! so glad you had fun 

FutureMrsThomas wrote (see post):

Swoon, I tried a very similar dress. We even nicknamed it Conderella but I didn't feel comfortable in a strapless dress.

Gorgeous! 

Conderella 😂 Love it!

Thank you so much FutureMrsT!

xXx