#mrandmrsBAMF - 1st June 2019

• MrsBAMFMrsBAMF Posts: 217 New bride

Thank you hun! I've been lucky in that the only alterations I'm going to need will be to have the skirt taken up and boob cups stitched in so I can go without a bra on the day!

I kept swishing the skirt round so it was sparkling, I can see a lot of that happening on the wedding day 😂

xXx

• Aw it really is just gorgeous! 

• Wow! that dress is incredible! The ULTIMATE princess dress! you look amazing :)

• Aww you look stunning in your dress, it's so sparkly! Love it. Also love both pairs of shoeS. Well done on winning the competition. 

Afterallthistime wrote (see post):

Aw it really is just gorgeous! 

Thanks chick! I've warned the girls in the shop that I'll be in on a regular basis, just because!

xXx

Georgina74 wrote (see post):

Wow! that dress is incredible! The ULTIMATE princess dress! you look amazing :)

Ahh, thank you Georgina! My cousin who came with me says she reckons it's the best wedding dress she's ever seen, so she can come with me again! Haha!

xXx

VegasLou wrote (see post):

Aww you look stunning in your dress, it's so sparkly! Love it. Also love both pairs of shoeS. Well done on winning the competition. 

Thanks VegasLou! I'm hoping that my luck will stay with me and turn into a nice win on the lottery or something - a girl can dream, right? 😉

xXx

The one where there's not a lot to report...

It seems like we've hit a bit of a lull in the planning! I had wanted to make a start on sorting out bridesmaid dresses but there's just a bit too much going on at the moment!

I'm currently going through the promotions process at work, and I have to write 1,500 words on what I've achieved to be in a position to get promoted (basically). I'd thought that it would come easily as I love to write, but I'm not so hot on bigging myself up, so it's stressing me out big time 😓 

We're also doing our kitchen up at home, which should be the last big thing we need to sort out in the house. New windows are being fitted on Monday, and then we just need to agree a price and when we can have the rest of the kitchen fitted.

Last but not least, I'm going to be in a local panto in November and December, so I have rehearsals for that every Tuesday and Thursday night. As I haven't done anything like this for at least 15 years, I think I'd forgotten what I was letting myself in for... I've got songs to learn, lines to remember and dance routines to memorise 😬

So, there you have it! I'm shattered tonight from all the goings on, so I skipped the gym and have every intention of having a nice relaxing bath and an early night tonight!

xXx

• Your dress is AMAZING! Love your whole thread, and those keds are something else! So much sparkles 

• Ashley72Ashley72 Posts: 1,137 New bride

Ooh your dress is divine! Absolutely lovely on you and makes your waist look teeny too!

Thank you both! Apologies for not replying sooner and being a bit quiet - still busy busy, and to top it off, I have tonsillitis 😢

Thank god I only have a 4 day week this week... and every week until Christmas (thank god for leftover annual leave!) 😊

xXx

If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans...

Don't you just love it when you're plodding along, sorting out your finances for wedding/kitchen/Christmas, then your car goes in for it's MOT.

And it fails. Big style.

Which means you have a month to find a new car with money that was already earmarked for something else 🤦🏼‍♀️ Any donations to the MrsBAMF sympathy fund are greatly appreciated!

xXx

Putting an end to all the whinging!

How depressing have my last 2 posts been?! Pull yourself together Mrs BAMF!

I finally have some wedding related news; the co-ordinators for our venue have been in touch to invite us to a taster session! Hurray! We're booked in for 13th January and can take up to 4 people with us, we just need to decide who those lucky 4 will be 

Anyone got any tips/advice on the things we need to be asking while we're there? Otherwise, I worry that I'll just get over excited about the free food...

Joking aside, Mr BAMF and I have started talking about the kind of food we'd like to have - food is always a favourite topic of ours, we love simple, great tasting food! One of the good things about our caterers is that there's no set menus, it's all bespoke to whatever you'd like (within reason of course). Obviously bespoke menus lead to bespoke prices, so we're trying not to go overboard with what we do choose while not being really boring!

One of our favourite starters in the whole world are the mozzarella dippers from TGI Fridays so we'd love it if we could have something like that. I have a feeling that Lubes did something similar - sorry Lubes, I promise we're not copying off you, cheese is LIFE! 

Steak and ale pie is always Mr BAMF's go-to main course, so that's up for consideration, along with a chicken dish in the style of a restaurant near us (basically chicken breast with a spicy, cream sauce), but beyond that we're stuck!

Finally dessert... I love cake, I really do! I would basically have anything for dessert, as long as it's not fruit cake or anything fruit based! Waffles, brownies, sticky toffee pudding, trifle, profiteroles, cheesecake... I'm stopping because I'm torturing myself here! So yeah, that should be fun trying to make a decision on! 

Also, any suggestions on food welcome!

xXx

• Yum! Food! We went to our venue and had dinner on our 2 years to go anniversary. 

Hope the car situation is sorted quickly! 

• lubeslubes Posts: 1,555

TGI’s mozzarella sticks are LIFE!!! You remembered right MrsBAMF - we did indeed have them on the menu! 

I always think simple is effective with wedding breakfasts. Go with crowd pleasers! We had a chocolate brownie pudding - anything classic will definitely go down well! x

Yum! Food! We went to our venue and had dinner on our 2 years to go anniversary. 

Hope the car situation is sorted quickly! 

What a good idea hun! Thank you, fortunately the car sitch is now sorted - found another car on Sunday, paid a deposit for it then and there and picked it up today! All that’s left is for my old car to be sent for scrap 😢 only getting a measly £40 for it, I have a feeling I will be very emotional when my little Roland gets towed away on Friday (yes, he has a name 😂)!

xXx

lubes wrote (see post):

TGI’s mozzarella sticks are LIFE!!! You remembered right MrsBAMF - we did indeed have them on the menu! 

I always think simple is effective with wedding breakfasts. Go with crowd pleasers! We had a chocolate brownie pudding - anything classic will definitely go down well! x

Thanks Lubes! The last thing we want is for people to think the food’s pretentious - we couldn’t be any further from it, and I don’t think we’d enjoy it either! 

xXx

Helloooooooo... Is there anybody there...

Only me! Just thought I'd pop my head in for a few minutes and catch up on what I've missed.

Planning is very much on the back burner at the mo - my panto starts this weekend (oh yes it does!), work's been pretty hectic, life in general's been pretty bloody hectic! I'm hoping once panto is over, I can finally start to relax and get back into planning mode as we hit the 18 months to go mark on 1st December! Eek!

Luckily, my Christmas shopping is very nearly done, everything I've bought is already wrapped and labelled, and my Christmas cards have also been bought and written, so even Christmas won't be stressful for me this year! Who am I, and what have I done with MrsBAMF?!

Hope you're all ok, and I'm sure I'll be back with more updates/inane comments within the next few weeks 

xXx

I'm back!

I'm sure you've all missed me as well  It's been a quiet few months on the wedding front, but after going to a tasting session at our venue on Saturday I can safely say we are well and truly back into the swing of things!

All we seem to have done with our evenings this week is talk about the wedding in some capacity. In fact, I think Mr BAMF may be turning into a bit of a groomzilla  He's already sent out a placeholder "invite" for his stag dos. Yes, I said dos. Plural. He's having THREE, the first of which will involve going to the Nurburgring in Germany at some point this year! 

He's also said that once our kitchen's done (work starts on Monday, yessssssss), we should set aside one night a week where we just do wedding stuff... I think his OCD is kicking in, the number of wedding-related spreadsheets on his laptop certainly seem to be increasing!

But, I digress. Next post will be all about the tasting. SPOILER ALERT - I forgot to take my phone to the venue (most unlike me, I blame the stress...) and was generally too excited to eat anyway, so unfortunately I have no photos of the food to share with you guys  You'll just have to make good use of your imaginations instead!

Hope everyone's ok and that all your plans are starting to come along nicely!

xXx

• Glad you’re back! I was hoping you hadon’t left me lol 😂 

Food, glorious food!

I'll kick things off by making a couple of apologies; firstly, sorry for the lack of photographic evidence of the food that's about to be described to you. I promise it all looked wonderful. Secondly, I apologise if you're reading this on an empty stomach and end up ravenous by the time you finish. Have a couple of biscuits or a spoonful of Nutella and you'll be fine again in no time!

The second we got to the venue, I could feel myself getting all giddy, excited and a tiny bit emotional. I kept saying to Mr BAMF “I keep remembering that we’re getting married! I can’t believe it! I’m dead excited!” We were allowed to take 4 people with us for the tasting, but ended up keeping it to just the two of us (too many cooks and all that). We met our co-ordinator, Fiona, who was lovely and we sat down to discuss our plans. But that’s not what you’re here to read about right now, so I’ll waste no more of your time and get on with the food!

Canapes

Mini cheeseburger on a bap with relish – very nice, probably a 3 bite job, although had I been at home, it would have gone down in one go

Halloumi wrapped in Parma ham – I love Halloumi so I enjoyed this. The ham had a smoky flavour to it which worked well

Broccoli and Gruyere tartlet – Mr BAMF took one bite of this and said “You won’t like this”, so I didn’t bother trying it

Vegetable spring roll – nice and light, can be served with a sweet chilli dip, but it was good enough on its own.

Tempura prawns and mini fishcakes – I don’t like fish, so I left these with Mr BAMF, who thoroughly enjoyed them both!

While I remember as well, the portion sizes for the meals are fantastic. We will definitely be getting our money’s worth!

Starters

Caramelised Shallot, Roasted Pepper and Brie Tart Topped with Homemade Red Onion Chutney on Baby Leaves Drizzled with Rocket Pesto and Balsamic Syrup – I wasn’t sure I’d like this, but I couldn’t stop eating it! Mr BAMF was pleasantly surprised too!

Caesar Salad Topped with Sliced Warm Char-Grilled Breast of Chicken Finished with Sundried Tomatoes, Black Olives, Crispy Parma Ham, Fresh Parmesan Shavings, Croutons and Drizzled with Caesar Dressing and Balsamic Syrup – good amount of chicken, plenty of flavour considering it’s just salad!

Baked Asparagus Tips Wrapped in Scottish Oak Smoked Salmon Served on Stunned Mange Tout and Sesame Seeds with a Béarnaise Sauce – again, I left this with Mr BAMF to try. I have no idea how you stun mange tout – do you think they taser it?

Mains

Chicken Breast Stuffed with Baby Spinach and Sun-dried Tomato Mousseline, Wrapped in Parma Ham on Parmesan Mashed Potatoes with a Chive Sauce – the chicken breast was huge! The combination of flavours sounded odd to me at first, but it works!

Cannon of English Lamb Served on Mashed Potato with Rocket and Bacon With a Delicate Port and Redcurrant Sauce – didn’t even taste like lamb! I’m not a huge lamb fan, but it was nice for something different!

Fillet of Local Beef Served with a Pink Peppercorn Sauce on Dauphinoise Potato - both our favourites. The flavour of the sauce with the potatoes… just, wow! I could eat it now tbh!. Mr BAMF isn’t a huge steak/beef fan but he nailed this (to my disappointment). I literally had about 4 small forkfuls and he ate the rest. Greedy git.

Desserts

Warm Chocolate Brownie with Vanilla Ice Cream – brownie was too crunchy, I like a squidgy brownie

Brandy Basket Filled with a Fresh Berry Compote Topped with Ice Cream – simple but good.

White Chocolate Cheesecake Topped with a Fresh Lime Infusion – left this ‘til last and I literally managed a bite before my brain told me to stop eating

Warm Sticky Toffee Pudding with Fresh Vanilla Custard – good god, everything I want in a pudding, stodge and custard, probably my favourite but just not right for our time of year

Strawberry, Raspberry and Blueberry Chardonnay Shot – I don’t drink, and blimey you could taste the Chardonnay! They basically turn pure wine into jelly (wonder if Jesus ever tried that) and add fruit to it

Lemon Tart with Rich Melting Pastry Topped with Mascarpone Cream – Mr BAMF told me straight away “I don’t like Lemon Tart” which I took as “You can eat that by yourself”. Which I did, in record time. Lovely!

Here’s the million pound question though; what are we actually going for?

Canapes

Pigs in blankets, Mozzarella dippers with a tomato sauce and Mini jacket potato skins with sour cream and chive sauce

Starter

Melon OR Cream of vegetable / leek and potato soup

Main

Chicken breast with pink peppercorn sauce, dauphinoise potatoes and veg OR Steak and ale pie, roast potatoes and veg

Dessert

Crème Brulee with shortbread OR Belgian chocolate  mousse with salted honeycomb crunch

That’s right, we’re not having a thing that we actually tried on the day! We had a pretty good idea of what we wanted before we went to the tasting anyway, and I’m not going to lie, I was drawn in purely for the idea of free food! Having tried the food though, we’re confident that whatever we choose will taste amazing anyway. Knowing the portion size as well, we don’t want to fill our guests with loads of canapes so they can’t enjoy the rest of the amazing food.

It hasn’t escaped my attention that we haven’t picked a vegetarian main course option. We’re 99% sure that none of our guests are vegetarian anyway, so it might be a wasted choice, but I have warned Mr BAMF that we’ll probably need to pick a vegetarian option just in case.

Now we just need to wait for the costings to come back so we can decide on the food for the evening!

xXx

Glad you’re back! I was hoping you hadon’t left me lol 😂 

You can't get rid of me that easily 

xXx

• You cannot say no to honeycomb! Your menu sounds perfect :)

MrsA-NToBe wrote (see post):

You cannot say no to honeycomb! Your menu sounds perfect :)

Thank you Mrs A-NToBe! When we went over to Mum's on Sunday evening, she'd got some kind of honeycomb mix from Aldi which was honey roasted peanuts, raisins, chocolate buttons and chocolate coated honeycomb - I'm drooling just thinking about it! She had to take the bag off me, haha.

xXx

So the food costings have come back, and it's the same price per head regardless of which of our preferred list we choose, so we're happy with that!

We decided to ask parents (and siblings in Mr BAMF's case) what they would choose if they actually had a choice, and until we went to see my parents at the weekend, everything was a 50/50 split! My dad always has to add his two pence into every conversation, so I knew I'd have to keep him in line! So, my mum gave us her opinion and true to form, Dad started trying to change what we'd asked him  the conversation went a little like this:

Dad "Have you thought of..."
    Me "Dad, that's not what I'm asking! Would you prefer chicken or pie?"
    Dad "Yeah, but what about..."
    Me "Seriously, just answer the question, which would you rather?"
    Dad "Why don't you have a word with..."
    Me "Because I'm asking you! Now what do you want?"
    Dad turns to Mum "What did you go for?"
    Mum "I wish you'd bloody listen, I said chicken! Answer the question!"
    Dad "Ooh, well, erm, well, I think I'd quite like chicken as well. But why don't you have both and offer people the choice?"
    Me "Because it's too complicated! I heard chicken, that's it, you can't change your mind now"

And so on, and so forth as we went through the menu! Don't get me wrong, I love the bones of him, but sometimes I wish he'd just give straight answers instead of going all round the houses! Makes me glad he was away when we went to the tasting - we'd probably still be sat there now!

With the wedding breakfast costings confirmed, we can decide what we want at the evening reception now! We'll probably end up going down the buffet route, and I do enjoy a good spread, but the caterers also do burgers, or wedges of pizza, or sausage baps so we're slightly torn. I don't think just a burger or a wedge of pizza would be enough on its own, so we need to ask the question of how much more it would cost to add on bowls of chips, salads and all that fandango (more emails to bombard them with). Somehow though, I don't think Dad will be having much input this time  

xXx

• MrsBAMF wrote (see post):
    MrsA-NToBe wrote (see post):

You cannot say no to honeycomb! Your menu sounds perfect :)

Thank you Mrs A-NToBe! When we went over to Mum's on Sunday evening, she'd got some kind of honeycomb mix from Aldi which was honey roasted peanuts, raisins, chocolate buttons and chocolate coated honeycomb - I'm drooling just thinking about it! She had to take the bag off me, haha.

xXx

That sounds amazing! Curse this wedding diet, or I'd be hot footing it to Aldi!! haha xx

Where does the time (and the money) go?!

Hello again everybody, have you missed me?

So apparently I was back into the swing of things when I last posted… haha, good one! Let’s get a few non-wedding updates out of the way first, shall we!

Our kitchen is alllllmost done – cupboards and appliances and all that have been installed and we can use it! It’s going to look amazing when it’s finished! Just a small matter of the floor to sort out now, which Mr BAMF has taken it upon himself to do, so I think it should be completely finished sometime in the next 2 years… He’s also now decided that rather than wait until after the wedding to decorate the conservatory, there’s no time like the present, so let’s do that as well  Gahhhhh, will our house ever be fully finished?! 

We’ve also discovered that we need to completely re-tile our roof, which of course is just what our finances need while we’re trying to plan a wedding, pay for a new kitchen and just survive in general. If the roof tile gods are listening and feeling particularly generous, please don’t make us have to do this until after the wedding; I don’t want to be poor and destitute for the rest of my days!

In happier (and less costly) news, I had cause for double celebrations on the 10th March as Mr BAMF and I celebrated our 11th anniversary and I hit my target weight at Slimming World  Now I just have the small task of maintaining this weight until next year. Of course, after the wedding, I’ll dive head first into the Nutella, put about 20 stone on and probably end up on “Obese: A Year to Save My Life” with Jessie Pavelka (if you don’t know who he is, have a little Google and thank me later).

xXx

• Sucks about the tiles but congratulations on the weight loss..... however, surely Jesse is worth getting obese For? hahaha! 

How on earth has it been almost a year since I posted?! I feel like I've missed out on so much!

I'm still knocking about, just under four months to go now too... Feel like we've got a lot done, but still have a lot more still to do  :# I won't bore you all with all the fine details of exactly what's been organised since I was last here because you know how much I like to talk, so it'd end up sending you all off to sleep  :D So, I'll do what they used to do on Blind Date, except it's not "our Graham" with a quick reminder, it's me! Ha!

Invitations have all now been made and sent - Mr BAMF's sister designed and printed them for us, then we put them together ourselves. What a task that was!

We've sorted a videographer, bridesmaid dresses, flowers, wedding rings, suits (and all the trimmings), a hairdresser, a cake, favours, table names, a guest book, a post box...and probably a lot of other things that I've forgotten about by now!

I've also sorted my hen party out, which I am ridiculously excited for. That's at the end of March, so I should have enough time to recover... maybe!

Anyway, just thought I'd show my face and say hello! How's everyone else's plans coming along?

xXx
  • MrsCarnegieMrsCarnegie Posts: 504 New bride
    I have just binged read your entire thread and adore your dress! It's so beautiful 😍