3.8.18 | Our beautiful barn wedding

• Hannah343Hannah343 Posts: 167 New bride

Deleted

• Laura349Laura349 Posts: 979

Yay! Another planning thread!

It's lovely how you guys met and got on like a house on fire!  You ring is beautiful too!

As for being worried about that tattoo - I HATE needles and have a full sleeve on my left arm! :P

I look forward to reading more

Thank you Laura :)

Deleted

Deleted

• VegasLouVegasLou Posts: 821 New bride

Loving your planning thread so far. Your ring is beautiful as is your venue. Look forward to reading more.

• HailsHails Posts: 2,455

Hey! You've booked the same photographer as me. I'm getting married at Colville Hall in September. I was put off tewin bury as it wasn't exclusive use?

Thank you very much.

The exclusivity doesn't really bother me to be honest, you're all quite separate and have your own areas. A couple of my friends have got married and they both had hotel/manor house weddings, my fiance still goes on about a man walking through the drinks reception is his dressing gown to get to the swimming pool 

Deleted

Deleted

Deleted

• VegasLouVegasLou Posts: 821 New bride

Oh your dress is beautiful! Love the lace and the neckline is so pretty. What colour is it?

• britbirdbritbird Posts: 1,468 New bride

ooo welcome. Another local bride (I grew up in Enfield, and lived in East London for many years, before going to Essex a couple of months ago) I look forward to hearing all your details.  

• New to thisNew to this Posts: 226 New bride

Beautiful dress! It's like the style I want 😊 Although I do want the coverage on the top! Getting married in August 2018 too!! 

• Lexi90Lexi90 Posts: 971

I'm a 2018 bride getting married in a barn. I am also going for a Mori Lee dress, they are gorgeous aren't they! And I found it so light compared to other dresses I tried. I also measured bigger on the bottom than top, so will be having mine taken in. 

I really love the design you've gone for, I'm sure you will look fantastic in it. It's so nice when you go to a shop with good service, makes a huge difference! 

VegasLou wrote (see post):

Oh your dress is beautiful! Love the lace and the neckline is so pretty. What colour is it?

Thank you very much, I've ordered it in Ivory, I'm pretty sure it's Ivory in the pic too :)

britbird wrote (see post):

ooo welcome. Another local bride (I grew up in Enfield, and lived in East London for many years, before going to Essex a couple of months ago) I look forward to hearing all your details.  

Thank you :) I was in Tottenham for the first few of years then moved to Enfield when I was about three and stayed there until moving out into Herts about a year and a half ago. :)

New to this wrote (see post):

Beautiful dress! It's like the style I want 😊 Although I do want the coverage on the top! Getting married in August 2018 too!! 

Thank you, exciting, what date are you in August?

Lexi90 wrote (see post):

I'm a 2018 bride getting married in a barn. I am also going for a Mori Lee dress, they are gorgeous aren't they! And I found it so light compared to other dresses I tried. I also measured bigger on the bottom than top, so will be having mine taken in. 

I really love the design you've gone for, I'm sure you will look fantastic in it. It's so nice when you go to a shop with good service, makes a huge difference! 

Thank you Lexi, I saw quite a few lovely Mori Lee dresses, they are beautiful. I felt the same, I tried on a princess dress which was so heavy and it was pulling on my shoulder which I damaged in an accident. It was amazing how light the Mori Lee dress was, I wasn't expecting it because people were telling me that lace would be very heavy.

Deleted

• Ombre effect sounds like it will look really lovely!

I have two junior bridesmaids and I really struggled to match any dresses to the older ones (its a lilacy lavender - neither one or the other), so mine are both in ivory with my flower girl x

Thank you TartanBrideToBe, I didn't realise it would be so difficult to find dresses. 

Deleted

• ruthie1979ruthie1979 Posts: 794

Hello

Loving your ring and dress - both are beautiful

We are having a naked cake too - have you decided if you are having Victoria Sponge or flavoured?

There are some lovely mint green BM dresses around. Depends on your budget but I have seen some Kelsey Rose ones (approx £200+) or Victoria Lou ones (£95) as well as lots of Asos and Little Mistress

Can't wait to read more! xxx

Hi Ruthie,

Thank you very much.

Ah lovely, I do love a Victoria Sponge so I would like one layer to be. At the wedding fayre, the company had samples of Prosecco sponge which was absolutely gorgeous so we're thinking to have one of the layers with that. Not too sure about the others, it would be interesting to have something a bit different.

Thank you for those, I'll have a look, I've never heard of Victoria Lou. x

Deleted

• Monsoon have got a big sale on at the moment too, for kids dresses/outfits/shoes! I saw another bride on here got a lace bolero for her flower girl for about £10 x

Deleted

Deleted

• MrsTraceyMrsTracey Posts: 828 New bride

Following this with avid interest as I'm also a barn bride! Your dress is just stunning! Love that neckline and the back :) x