'Tis The Season To Be Married - Dec 2018

• SadieeeSadieee Posts: 1,781 New bride
    ruthie1979 wrote (see post):
    I've bought a few bits too - Not On The High Street had an amazing sale (think it ended last week?) so I ordered lots of bits that came today! Lots of bargains

Love a bargain, and luckily with plenty of time until the wedding we have lots of time to look through sales :) However I may not have told H2B about everything that I have bought ;) haha

Gutted! Last night I spotted a beautiful pair of shoes in Debenhams, Dune ones, from £36 to £11 so I bought them as thought they would be perfect, and cheaper than the other wedding shoes I looked at, but collected them today and they are so uncomfy 😭 I can't return them until next week so will keep trying to get use to them until then. Will pop a photo up later of them 

Argh how bad am I? I said I would put pics up of the bits I had bought so far, and I just never got around to it! I have a night to myself tonight as H2B is at work, so I will try reallllly hard to do this tonight, I have just been so tired and down with work lately (having to spend half my week at our other site until October, started doing that in June, to help out after some staff left and I jus really dont enjoy it there) and havent ha dmuch motivation!

I did return the shoes to Debenhams, they still start to feel more comfortable but I just kept thinking about the other shoes and realised I would be dissapointed if I kept those ones, no matter how beautiful and a good deal they were.

So I am finally uploading the pics of things I have bought so far (minus the BM dresses as didnt want to faff with all the fabric haha I'll just post the stock pic of them)

The flowergirl dress for my daughter, simple but so lovely, we are taking the pink petals out of the skirt though and either leaving without or replacing with gold coloured ones instead.

Also for my daughter, the colour matches her dress perfectly and she adores the sparkly button :)

My wrap, I love it :D cirently my best 'steal' as should have been around £60 and I got it in the clearance sale for £14!

Cheeky bit of underwear haha so soft and lovely though. Also a sale purchase :)

After all the faff with the shoes I now have these. They were not the ones I was looking at, but after spotting them today and trying them on, I couldnt believe how comfy they were! Pretty sure I will have no problem wearing these all day and night :)

My headband, I just love it :D

These are my 'back-up' earrings. Basically I have my eye on some much more expensive ones that even though I adore them I am struggling to justify the cost. However these are were nice and cheap and I love them as well, so if I decide I cant justify the cost of the others I will wear these, if not and I do buy the expensive ones then these can just be used another time or sold on as I have never worn them :)

This is the dress I have bought for my MOH and BM :) Not sure how we will do the multiway yet but we all love it :)

• August19August19 Posts: 285 New bride

Hia

Just caught up on your thread, I must have missed all your updates.  I am very impressed with all your bargains, I am the same, I would rather get something now and risk it then missing out on a bargain of something I really like.  I love your headband it looks like it was really expensive and goes well with the earrings even if you didn't get the other pair. Also can't believe the luck with your fur cover up..perfect for your wedding.

We are also having Navy as our colour theme (my fiancé is also a huge chelsea fan as are my children lol ) I love your bridesmaids dresses an can't believe they were that cheap. I have bought my bridesmaid dresses as well navy but bardot style. 

When are you planning on going dress shopping?xx

August19 wrote (see post):

Hia

Just caught up on your thread, I must have missed all your updates.  I am very impressed with all your bargains, I am the same, I would rather get something now and risk it then missing out on a bargain of something I really like.  I love your headband it looks like it was really expensive and goes well with the earrings even if you didn't get the other pair. Also can't believe the luck with your fur cover up..perfect for your wedding.

We are also having Navy as our colour theme (my fiancé is also a huge chelsea fan as are my children lol ) I love your bridesmaids dresses an can't believe they were that cheap. I have bought my bridesmaid dresses as well navy but bardot style. 

When are you planning on going dress shopping?xx

I was also raised a chelsea fan but dont hodl the same obsession as my H2B or his dad haha :D Love a bargain, dont think a single thing I have bought has been full price? lol

I am planning on going early next year. I am going to Glasgow to visit the wed2be shop there as well as the Glasgow branch of David's Bridal as both stores have dresses whose prices I am more comfortable with :)

Haha I am now a football fan because our eldest daughter plays so I now understand it more and have been to some games and knew we would have blue just glad its not chelsea blue lol

Yes, you can't beat a bargain esp when you are getting them at really good prices as well, every little helps. 

I have bought my dress already although hadn't planned to as only went to look for fun but fell in love with it and it was ex sample in fab condition so was cheaper and she knocked even more of and a half price veil so got them both for less than the price it was originally marked in the shop.x

Yeah I made a point of chosing a dark navy as I did not want chelsea blue but I knew I would have to have some sort of blue haha :D

I havent dared go look, even though I wanted to just for a nosey and fun but I knew if I did and I fell in love with one and got it, my mum and sister (who are going with me dress hopping) would not forgive me haha :D

I think I am going to get my veil from BlossomAndBluebird on etsy after seeing so many good reviews on here and pictures of her veils on various wedding reports :) that is something that will cost me more than I wanted to spend (originally I didnt see the veil as an important thing) but im starting to like the idea of keeping my veil incase my daughter would like to use it in the future so think i'll spend a little more :)

He wanted our first daughter to have the middle name Chelsea as well lol I've seennon here some brides have written to clubs and got a signed card for the groom so I am going to do that closer to the time and hope for the best.

i know i went with my mum but was planning if going with my MOH and daughters. However the shop I bought it for said I can go back with my daughters and she will set it up like a new consultations so I can try it on in front of them with some others which is sweet.( second daughter is obsessed with say yes to the dress lol) 

thats a lovely idea about keeping the veil for your daughter, I haven't seen any of that sellers but read about her on here  so will have a nosy. I went for cathedral length usually 140 but as I bought my dress it was 67. I'm not sure how much veils generally cost ? Lol 

That is such a good idea! Think i'll borrow that idea haha :D

I am after chapel legnth I think, though without having my dress I cant be sure haha I just know I want it quite long, just not sure whether chapel or cathedral length. £67 is great for cathedral length! Some of the ones I have seen are £200+! BlossonAndBluebird ones for chapel and cathedral seem to be £80+ for the plain ones and £130+ for ones with lace which I am happy with (I want plain), though I had been looking at much cheaper ones to begin with, around £20, but these wernt as nice or soft fabric and were more designed to be used just for pics/to say you had a veil I think lol

Please do lol, Chelsea seem to be quite responsive so im hoping we have some luck lol 

ive since heard Some can be expensive, im pleased with mine as wouldn't have want to pay much more as like you said it's usually just worn for a little while but love the idea of keeping hold of it for my daughters. I went for a two tier with scattered crystals to match the dress. Once you go dress shopping you can try them on and get a good idea what you want and it will be even more special if you are having it maid especially for you and exactly how you want it x 

I was going to have a brooch boquet, thinking to pass on to her, but after investogating prices I realllly couldnt do it haha so veil it is :D

What dress did you pick?

Could you perhaps just add a broach or a charm and and get it tide to the handle (if that's the right word lol ) of your bouquet? 

I bought an Alfred Angelo 2526, there's pictures of it on my thread. If it wasn't for the fact her went bust and I could have ordered it I would have waited,however another shop I went to said  people were calling from all over the country to buy the samples so I knew if I wanted to I had to do it now. Im hoping to lose a couple of stone which is doable with the dress being affected x  

Awww thats a beautiful dress :D very lucky you managed to get hold of the sample :D

I want to lose just under 2st for my wedding, do-able if I am strict with myself but I have 0 willpower most the time haha

Thank you x me too, you would think a wedding would be enough motivation. I'm going to join slimming world when the kids go back to school as I find that's the only thing that works for me x 

I do best under pressure, so I think knowing there is 15 months way means I have no motivation haha around the 6-4 month mark I'll probably get on with it haha

Realised I hadn't updated this recently :) 

Not much has gone on in the last month. My friend/BM who lives back near my hometown visited recently and so she tried on her BM dress. She's a tall, curvy and very busty gal so we had to play around with the multiway straps a bit in order to find a way that wouldn't have her set on fire as she entered the church  My sister/MOH is small, tiny/petite body but again, huuuuge chest so she will have to wear hers the same way (I didn't actually mind how they wore them, whether the same or not, but after playing around with my friends we realised we have only 1 option thanks to their chests haha)

After discussing with my H2B ages ago about our 3pm start time and whether we should push it back a little to give a bit more breathing space during the day after the ceremony, I have left a voicemail for the reverend to ask if its possible to change it to 2.30pm, fingers crossed he says yes, but it's no big deal if not.

• MrsK2017MrsK2017 Posts: 230 New bride

I need to have a good catch up on your planning thread! We’re doing a 2:30 start :) 

• VegasLouVegasLou Posts: 821 New bride

You’ve picked up some great bargains there, I think if I was getting married in this country I would have chosen Christmas time, such a magical time of year.

MrsK2017 wrote (see post):

I need to have a good catch up on your planning thread! We’re doing a 2:30 start :) 

I have so many planning threads I need to read up on! Been absent lately with other stuff going on. Glad im not alone in a slightly later start (every wedding I have personally been to has been around 12pm)

VegasLou wrote (see post):

You’ve picked up some great bargains there, I think if I was getting married in this country I would have chosen Christmas time, such a magical time of year.

Thanks! I love bargain hunting haha

I adore September onwards (though hate January onwards until nice weather comes lol) so I always knew I wanted an Autumn or Winter wedding :)

My inlaws married in Vegas, was very fun!!

• Kelly224Kelly224 Posts: 962 New bride

2.30 start for us as well! 

Still waiting on a call back/message from the Rev, I don't want to pester him (plenty of time to go afterall) but I am the type of person who once something is in my head I want it sorted then and there lol

Had the call back, and the ceremony has been pushed back to 2.30 no problem :) I know it's only 30mins but I do think it will make a difference!

Yayyy! It will give you just that bit of extra time with light won’t It :) 

Yep! One of the reasons I wanted a december wedding was for night pics involving the lights but I do also want some form of daylight haha also gives us a bit more time for a mingle and drink before food.

Current timeline stands at -

2:30PM - Ceremony

3:15PM - Head to reception (next door) for drinks and we will be having pics then

5:00PM - Speeches and cake cut (wanted them bits out the way lol)

5:30PM - FOOD!

7:00PM - Evening reception

7:30PM - First dance

9:30PM - Evening food

12:00AM - Time to vacate

Obviously still may tweak some bits, and I havent yet talked to H2B about doing the speeches before food lol but it's a rough guide :)

I know what you mean about the daylight! We’re going to try and get as many done as we can in the daylight, and then hopefully going to have some sparkler ones ha. That looks good! I think that’s a nice time split :) 

So last night I started setting up our wedding website, as the save the dates are going out in December or January and so I wanted to give access to hotel information at that point as well (already had family ring for the info and already booked haha). The site I used means I can then add in the further info of venues, food, intineraries etc when official invites go out :)

Argh! I deleted my message/poem that explained our wish for honeymoon contribution instead of gifts if anyone still wanted to give us something (travelling so far means we do not expect anything, but people have asked) so now have to rewrite it :'( took ages in order for me to get one that sounded just write, i'd combined two poems and tweaked to make it relevent to us

Going into town today so H2B can look at wedding rings and be sized. I have 3 or 4 I have tried on on my own, so I know which ones I like, but he has no idea on size or style he wants, so hoping to get that done, then if I know his size and a couple of rings he likes I can just go ahead and buy the rings if a sale or offer goes on them :)