'Tis The Season To Be Married - Dec 2018

• MrsK2017MrsK2017 Posts: 230 New bride

They look amazing! 

• They are so pretty!  I love the stickers/seals to close them - what a nice touch!

Sample sales are a great way to save on a dress as well, good point. Some of the shops will send out email notices when they plan to host sample sales...might be worth adding your contact info to their list.  A few of the ladies have also had success on the high street. One girl here found a simply gorgeous dress for her fall/ winter wedding from Phase 8.

• SadieeeSadieee Posts: 1,781 New bride

Can't remember if I mentioned this anywhere but our venue is completely blank as far as 'trimmings' go, so I have been on the hunt for venue dressers who also provide tablecloths (caterers would do it but they will leave around 10:30pm, and would need to take their with them at that point, so cant use theirs) which is harder than it sounds as loads explained they dont do them as normally the venue does lol

Anyways, I then found a few that did, but their table cloths were quite short and they couldn't offer anything bigger (the venues tables are so awful and I dont want their ugly metal legs on show) so they were knocked out the running as well. Eventually I have found one that says they have various sizes and can easily sort tablecloths that will go to the floor (or near enough anyway). Now just to find a spare weekend when they aren't at a wedding and I am also free to go have a chat :)

• Love your save the dates and ring Sadie, the ring looks great with your e-ring and I love the stickers for the save the dates. We bought a wax seal for the formal invites which I am now regretting as its a huge pain to get enough wax together to make the stamp lettering come out well. I wish we had done stickers. 

I did look at wax stamps but it looked like more effort than I was willing to put in haha

Also my sister just told me what days to book off work for my hen do! Next time I will be told anything is 1 week before when i'll be given my travel info haha

Ahh, one year! How exciting! You looking forward to your hen do? 

Yeah :D It's 3rd to 5th August, so a weekend one apparently. I know nothing, all I know is everyone I spoke to has said how impressed they are with my sisters plan and ideas and that I will love it, she has done very well it seems but they won't let anything slip so far. The ideas I gave her were all a bit 'different', not majorly 'out there' but not typical either (though she said any idea I gave her would be ignored as I wasn't allowed a say in it lol) so no clue what she's done :)

Aww that sounds lovely :) i’m sure it’ll be amazing! 

Fingers crossed :) having it 4 months before the wedding but due to my past as a teacher, a lot of my friends are restricted to school holidays lol 

So had a meeting with some venue decorators (a husband/wife lead business), they were lovely :) Seems they can provide everything I want/need, had some good ideas and at the moment they will likely come under budget by a good chunk (depends on the final price of centre pieces). Had to take my daughter with me to the meeting as her dad got called into work, and in typical 4 year old style she kicked off throughout grrrr but it's made me optamistic! They took the details of my other suppliers so they can contact them themselves if they need to check/arrange anything with them :)

So I joined weight watchers today! (Probably like many people after the Christmas excess, not just brides to be haha). I weighed myself and had a mini heart attack! I knew I had been lax, but couldn't believe how much I had gained! I knew that for the wedding I would have to lose weight so had had a bit of a 'last hurrah' this past couple months or so, obviously it went OTT :S I need to lose around 2.5 stone. I am currently at 10st 12lb (my heaviest ever not including being pregnant). I normally stay in the 8st range and am happiest there (I am only 5ft tall so I dont have to weigh much for it to look awful on me) :( But, I have 11 months to do it! I am being positive!

• MrsHowgateMrsHowgate Posts: 1,298 New bride
    Sadieee wrote (see post):

So I joined weight watchers today! (Probably like many people after the Christmas excess, not just brides to be haha). I weighed myself and had a mini heart attack! I knew I had been lax, but couldn't believe how much I had gained! I knew that for the wedding I would have to lose weight so had had a bit of a 'last hurrah' this past couple months or so, obviously it went OTT :S I need to lose around 2.5 stone. I am currently at 10st 12lb (my heaviest ever not including being pregnant). I normally stay in the 8st range and am happiest there (I am only 5ft tall so I dont have to weigh much for it to look awful on me) :( But, I have 11 months to do it! I am being positive!

I’m back on mine today after Xmas off. Thinking I’ve gained 3lb if the 6lb I lost but I am not going to panic. Aiming for 10lb by end of January then the other stone by April. Will see how I feel afterwards as to if I want To lose anymore. My fittings start in August. We will do it. 

I am looking at dress shopping in the april or may time and am hoping to have lost at least a stone by then just so I can have a better image in my head of how I will look in the dresses.

I am aiming to lose aorund 1lb a week on average I think

Yesterday myself (and a couple others) were let go from work :( Simple case of the business hadn't grown like they expected and so last in = first out. I had been there a year and 1 day. Gutted. I loved the people I worked with, I enjoyed going to work generally and of course it now raises questions about finances :( came home at 12pm yesterday and so far have applied for 16 jobs. Determined to get something, anything, so it means we can continue with this wedding :(

I’m so sorry to hear that! I know it’s easy for me to say, but keep your head up sweet x

• Kelly224Kelly224 Posts: 962 New bride

oh no so sorry to hear that!!  I'm sure you'll get something  will keep my fingers crossed for you hun.xx

• Bunny87Bunny87 Posts: 180

What an awful way to start the year! Fingers crossed for you. You never know perhaps an even better job is just around the corner xx

Update - Have an interview on monday for one job, and a request for further information about myself from another.

Had to turn down one interview offer when it turned out where they are located is actually outside of the city (despite advertising it as within the city), and as I dont drive and there are 0 public transport links that would get me there are a suitable time or home, I can't do it :( shame, as the job seemed great and the woman seemed really kean on the phone! I emailed and explained and she was dissapointed as she said it seemed I had everything they were looking for, but if I cant actually get there then it's no good.

Oh well! 2 interview offers in under 12hrs can't be too bad?

That's really positive! Well done :) x

• britbirdbritbird Posts: 1,471 New bride

Oh no, that is horrible- but great to hear that you have already had positive feedback on applications.  Good luck

Thank you! I keep going through emotional phases. Upset (I really am going to miss the team and the banter, but I try to remind myself I can still keep in contact with those I want to), then anger (I spent 4 months travelling to work at another site for them 3 out of my 5 days, one I hated so much I cried most nights, yet I stuck to it because it was what was needed doing and now this has happened, where someone I know who started a month before me has refused certain things, been an arse about stuff and yet she is still in her job, she's also up the MD's arse. yes I get to say that now!), then acceptance/happiness (I really did dislike the MD tbh, and although I loved the people, the job itself was just ok, nothing great and I try to think now I get a chance to find something better!!)

• PottyPotty Posts: 504 New bride

You’re being so positive Sadie - well done! Something better is round the corner for sure! 

Married September 2018, Baby due October 2019.  

This morning I was offered a new job :D Still have to pass my DBS checks (won't have an issue there) which can take a little while to process so won't start for a couple of weeks but at least I have something :D

• PottyPotty Posts: 504 New bride

Yay! Congratulations!!! 

Married September 2018, Baby due October 2019.  

Thanks! Will still have to have a small shuffle around with the wedding as I wont be able to put any money back into it until I have been paid, but at least its almost back on track :)

So my mum and sister and coming to visit in April to help me pick my dress. However, as we would only have the one full day together (they live faaar away), I thought I would make a couple appointments, see what I like and what suits me so that when they came I knew what I was looking for....yeah that backfired because now I love a dress I tried today and obviously they arn't going to be here till April and as it's a sale dress there is little chance it will still be there in April. Dammit. And while I would hope they would be ok with this, I also know my mum and my sister - they will feel upset that I didn't wait for them :( I only had the one appointment at one place today, I booked another for tomorrow somewhere else so I may find something there as well, but in general I now feel crappy :(

(also in typical bridal fashion - it's a satin strapless fishtail, nothing like the A Line with sleeves I was picturing for me haha)

• MrsGtoBMrsGtoB Posts: 712 New bride

Fab news about the job and I'm sure your mum and sister will be fine, could you tell them you saw it in a window in the sale and just popped in 

Would the shop let you have a fitting the day they are visiting?

I want to see the dress now haha