โ€บ

'Tis The Season To Be Married - Dec 2018

• SadieeeSadieee Posts: 1,781 New bride

So the venue decor people got back to me with a price list, it's spot on what I budgeted for if everyone turns up. Which isn't bad but I was half hoping it would come in less ๐Ÿ˜‚

Flowers are paid off and venue decor people deposit paid, woohoo!

Most the save the dates now posted! (12 left to send but I tasked h2b with getting the addresses so obviously it's not done yet grrrr)

• GinAndBlingGinAndBling Posts: 1,295 New bride

Just caught up on your thread- what a beautiful dress!! 

Our planning thread: We're completely winging it.
    Our report: A fun, classic May day in navy and blush
    My weightloss thread: Diet denial! 

Thank You! I am going back beginning of April to let my mum see it, can't wait to get it on again!!

Haha and just as the save the dates go out, the actual invites arrive lol won't be going out until August time but nice to know they are sorted. I love them! We paid for thicker card and matching envelopes (these also match our save the dates) and they look and feel great! Very happy :D

Finalised our favours today. I can't remember whether I posted about them already or not (and can't be bothered to go back and check haha), but we are having these lovely little boxes that hold 2 items which are hanndmade by the people we are booking them with. We are having a piece of traditional scotish tablet (live a few miles from the border and I love it haha) and a simple triple chocolate truffle (milk chocolate centre, coated in dark chocolate and decorted with white chocolate), the truffle will be a heart shape and the tablet will be it's normal jagged self as if the slab had just been broken.

The children are having a little pot of yogurt coated fruits. As a mother of a 5 year old I wanted to avoid giving the kids sweets as didnt want them all on a sugar high haha

Each little box (or fruit container) will have a label with the guests name on, making it their place name as well :)

• ruthie1979ruthie1979 Posts: 794

Your favours sound lovely! xx

Thank you!

The original plan was to either have no favours at all or we were going to do candycanes as it's december, and our place names were going to be made by H2B sister.

However, after adding it all up, it was going to cost us more to do it that way than have what we are now having and the plus side is no one has to sit and make anything as someone else is making them haha and although his sister is very crafty and arty, she lives over 300miles away and it would mean 100% trust in her to do it as I liked and not see them until the day, which I just cant do lol

Deciding the favours bit was great though, they sent me home with a box full of options for flavours and shapes and stuff and they could all be mixed and matched etc had great time tasting them all ;)

Also got H2B to agree to having speeces before the meal.

I didn't care about speeches anyway, as a guest I hate them but H2B insisted on making one and his bestman making one, (my dad wont be making one. He has been bestman 3 times, groom twice and father of the bride once before to my sister and never given a speech, thats how much he hates public speaking lol he just cant bring himself to do it, too nervous!), so after seeing people mention speeches before the meal in order to get them over and done with, allow those speaking to eat their meal in peace knowing they can relax etc I thought it was a great idea, but so far H2B seems to be far more traditional than me (and more than I realised he was as well!) so thought he may want to do them after, but he also thinks it's a good idea, so woohoo, speeches before the meal! :)

• Kelly224Kelly224 Posts: 962 New bride

We are doing speeches before the meal as well!!  I'm not a fan of them either but my Dad has already written his and our Best Man will definitely be making one.  My OH is really shy and has been Best Man twice and has been so nervous about the speeches so his will probably be a quick thank you for coming toast but even that he'll want to get it out of the way as soon as possible!!

H2B is having 3 bestmen (A whole other topic I have decided to ignore because otherwise I get irrationally angry at his inability to just choose one!), so I said that either 1 needs to make it for all of them or they need to limit their speeches severely. This bit was met with resistance, H2B has decided that 'the speeches are the only bit the blokes get to do, the rest of the day is all about the women' so I think I am going to be sitting through 1 full groom speech and 3 full bestmen speeches, argh!

Going to message the bestmen nearer the time and let them know that I want them to keep it to a minimum haha

Also been working on timings a bit more, currently have -

2:30PM - Ceremony
    3:30PM - Photos and drinks
    5:00PM - Speeches
    5:30PM - Food
    7:30PM - Evening reception starts
    7:45PM - Cake cut & first dance
    9:30PM - Evening food
    12:00AM - Finish

Does this sound ok? I am not 100% sure on how long different 'sections' take so have come up with it from finding examples on google (but as they all seemed to be for wedding starting closer to 12pm I had to jiggle it around a bit lol)

Also emailed our caterers just to say that now it's less than a year I look forward to talking to them soon.

Oh and I contacted H2B's mum to get the addresses of family I need. I've been asking H2B to get them for me for weeks but obviously didnt do it grrrr

• MrsHowgateMrsHowgate Posts: 1,357 New bride
    Sadieee wrote (see post):

Also been working on timings a bit more, currently have -

2:30PM - Ceremony
    3:30PM - Photos and drinks
    5:00PM - Speeches
    5:30PM - Food
    7:30PM - Evening reception starts
    7:45PM - Cake cut & first dance
    9:30PM - Evening food
    12:00AM - Finish

Does this sound ok? I am not 100% sure on how long different 'sections' take so have come up with it from finding examples on google (but as they all seemed to be for wedding starting closer to 12pm I had to jiggle it around a bit lol)

Also emailed our caterers just to say that now it's less than a year I look forward to talking to them soon.

Oh and I contacted H2B's mum to get the addresses of family I need. I've been asking H2B to get them for me for weeks but obviously didnt do it grrrr

Our timings are:

2pm ceremony

2:30 drinks reception

4pm wedding breakfast guests seated

4:30 wedding breakfast starts

7pm tea & coffee, evening guest arrival, room turnaround 

8pm cake cutting

8:15 first dance 

8:30 evening commences

9:30 buffet

12 midnight end

Our coordinator gave us these timings but we’re hoping To have a shorter drinks reception and wedding breakfast depending on speeches etc

Thanks! It's good to look at others :) I will speak to the caterers and others about what they think and see if any of the things we have booked want to tweak it a bit :)

I have ordered my belt, woohoo :D found it on etsy and fell in love! Can't wait for it to arrive :D

Fingers crossed it will look lovely with my dress! It is a kind of mix of the 2 belts I tried on in the store. It is thin like the second belt (that everyone on here loved) but it as the centre embelishment with ribbon around the sides like the first belt (which I liked more lol)

• MrsThimboMrsThimbo Posts: 222

Love everything so far! Your dress is gorgeous and well done on your weight loss, tests fantastic! Can't wait to see more plans!!

Thank you :D

We have also finally decided on the jacket things we wanted for the BMs as it will be cold, ordering them on Friday when I am paid.

H2B has narrowed it down to 2 wedding rings, hoping to also sort these this weekend as well

Sadieee wrote (see post):

I have ordered my belt, woohoo :D found it on etsy and fell in love! Can't wait for it to arrive :D

Fingers crossed it will look lovely with my dress! It is a kind of mix of the 2 belts I tried on in the store. It is thin like the second belt (that everyone on here loved) but it as the centre embelishment with ribbon around the sides like the first belt (which I liked more lol)

Oh this is stunning xx

So today is payday which means one thing - a load more money going on the wedding haha I have ordered a load of the gifts and a few bits today (all through etsy, that site is evil haha)

For my mum I got an engraved plant pot (the engraving is different to the one in the pic) and a poem print 

imageimage

My dad prefers practical things rather than anything ornamental so he has an engraved Swiss army knife, a leather wash bag with his initials embroidered in gold and some rather of the Bride socks

imageimage

For h2bs guys we've got personalised bottle openers and socks with their roles (same one's as my dad), we will buy each a bottle of their favourite larger/cider/whatever (another bride on here gave me this idea!)

imageimage

Also grabbed a couple hangers for me, bms and daughter (bow will be swapped for a navy one) and the bms cover ups 

imageimage

H2b doesn't know but I've ordered him cufflinks for the day. He is obsessed with The Flash but I wanted to avoid the one's that I found most as they involved the bright red of his suit, then I found these! The shop does every superhero imaginable but in a more subtle way

Also in talks with a lady who is going to do a personalised teapot and mug set for my grandparents which will use the flowers in my bouquet for the hand painted design :)

• MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,750 New bride

Fab thread! I love your dress, I can't believe how different it looks to the website pic! I don't understand why they always photograph dresses against a white background because it makes it really hard to see the detail I think.

Just wanted to say that my fiance is having 3 best men too (it also slightly annoys me) - and he has been a best man 3 times. Two times there were 3 of them and the other time there were 2. Rather than doing 3 separate speeches they all wrote one speech together which was the same length as if there was only 1 best man if you see what I mean, and it worked well.

Also, my brother had 2 best men and they did the same, wrote a speech together but was only a normal length speech.

It has meant that where I was only having 2 adult bridesmaids originally, I've now asked my nieces to be flower girls as with all the best men, ushers and our son the photos were going to look seriously unbalanced otherwise!

Thanks very much! I always think dresses look completely different in pics. I can't wait to try it on again ๐Ÿ˜ 

What is about blokes and asking any and everyone? ๐Ÿ˜‚ haha

Yayyy for payday and more wedding bits purchased & crossed off the list. I have a huge list and do the same thing - every payday purchase a few bits (most parcels through the door are from Etsy & Not On The High Street)  xx

II am so excited for all the bits to arrive and see them in real life!! Not on the high street us also another reason I'm always skint ๐Ÿ˜‚

Trying to be organised today. Hunted out a nice big box and went around the house collecting up all the bits and bobs I had bought so far and kept stashed in various places lol helped me remember a few bits I had forgotten about and get it clearer in my head as well what I did and didnt have yet :)

• Bunny87Bunny87 Posts: 180

Literally did this yesterday too! It's amazing how much seems to have accumulated and yet how much more there is still to do!

Postman came while I was on school run (Typical!!) So missed a delivery of 2 parcels, one I know is my bridal belt but not sure on the other grrr but the print for my mum was here :) just have to get a frame now!

So I was able to get the bits I had missed in the post the other day!! It's my belt and the bottle openers for h2bs groomsmen. So happy with them, especially my belt which was do beautifully packaged!!

imageimageimageimage

Lol almost forgot! Yesterday I ordered this beautiful pj set for the night before the wedding (and any after really, it's so lovely!) It arrives today :D I know the bottoms will be too long thanks to only being 5ft but already got my grandma on standby to alter ;)