A wedding in the Gower

18910111214»

• Sian91Sian91 Posts: 829 New bride

Eeek! Hope you both had the best day- can’t wait to hear all about it! 

• We did it! im officially Mrs Phelps! 

• Oh you both look so wonderful!! <3 It looks like a gorgeous day!! Enjoy married life and all your new found free time!

• MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,454 New bride

Congrats, you look amazing and such stunning views - to die for!

• Ashley72Ashley72 Posts: 1,137 New bride

Congratulations! You look stunning! X

• Big congratulations.... you had the best weather too xx

• Congratulations:) you look beautiful and what a lovely day!

• MrsS85MrsS85 Posts: 688 New bride

You look beautiful and so happy, Hope you had a fab day

• Oh wow you both look fabulous and so happy. It looks like you had an amazing day. Congratulations!!!

• britbirdbritbird Posts: 1,471 New bride

Massive congratulations !  Is it wrong I am already excited for the report?!!

• Thankyou so much everybody!!

My gosh, how have I been married over a week already?!

This week has been the quickest (by far) of my life but has been a real emotional rollercoaster. I'd honestly not given a thought to how emotional I'd be... I cried my way up the aisle (not looking forward to those photos coming through!).. managed to get through the rest of the day and then burst into tears on the dance floor when my bridesmaid's taxi arrived at 1am.

All our suppliers were amazing on the day, and the wedding staff at the Oxwich Bay Hotel were absolutely incredible, we didn't have a single hitch, the venue was set up even better than I'd imagined.

We went to Tenby for  couple of days straight after. The first day, we ordered a Dominos, spent hours opening our cards and pressies (I cried the whole way through...) and watching Netfix. The next day we ventured out around lunchtime for fish and chips and spent the rest of the afternoon dozing and watching friends.

We did go out for a nice meal and a few drinks that night, but we were so exhausted. It's taken me till today really to properly catch up and feel myself again. Think it's a mix of tiredness/relief that the day all went off okay and a bit of sadness that it's all over!

image (We didn't actually go anywhere in these T shirts- partly because they're slightly cringey but mostly because mine was skin tight! We just took the photo to appease my mother as she had them made for us.

We honestly had the most magical day, I've got so much to write! But I'll leave the report until I've recieved our photos and can show you all properly.

So for now, I'll leave you with the only sneaky peak we've had from our photographer:

(Oh dear- looks like I'm going to have a problem with my professional photos being blurry on here- anybody got any tips?)

• Your picture looks amazing! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Congratulations!

• Thankyou! Its not looking likely that I'll recieve the photos/ be able to do the report before we leave so it'll have to be a little travel project on the road!

We're unbelievably excited to start our adventure, we've spent the majority of this week re-jigging the route, so our current plan is:

Fly into Kuala Lumpur for around 5 days, head over to Bali.. travel around for a few  weeks, also visiting the gili islands, Komodo island and hopefully some of the Nusa Islands. We're then heading straight to Vietnam, spending a month making our way from Hanoi- HCM and then onto Cambodia for a couple of weeks.

We then fly into Bangkok about a week before Xmas and meet my parents who we'll head to the southern islands with for xmas and new year, and then Dave's sisters flying out to meet us, we'll do northern thailand with her for a week or so, then head into Laos.

Finally, we'll make our way to the Philippines for a month and then finish off in Malaysian Borneo, Penang and Langkawi (and hopefully Singapore as I really want to go to Universal Studios!!!)

We need to be home and back in work (boooooo) by April 1st but I'm not thinking about that at the moment, I have 10 days left in work!!!

I've somehow got to clear my poor parents house of flowers before we leave- thinking of putting them on gumtree but it all seems a bit sad/scary at the moment!

I also need to look into getting my dress dry cleaned and stored properly. I think I may look to sell my dress, but definitely won't be doing that before we leave!

• Selling our wedding

Hey everyone! Hope you're all doing well... I'm itching to start my report- I'm worried I'm going to forget all the little details if I don't write them down! But I'll wait for my photos to come through... The last 2 weeks have been HECTIC... we have moved all our stuff from my parents house into storage, we've sorted through all the wedding items.. both our cars dramatically failed the MOT, we've tried squeezing in as many friend/family visits as possible and today was my last shift until April!!! It all feels very surreal

Any spare time has been spent booking hotels, arranging visas and itineraries and packing! My backpack is very heavy.... think Dave and I will be swapping pretty soon into the trip!

I've also ordered these hoodies and they're fab! I surprised Dave and thought he'd say he wouldn't wear it but he's over the moon with them! We'll be wearing them at the airport- I think Dave's hoping they'll score us an upgrade or a bottle of bubbly.

imageimageimageimage

We leave on Sunday.... the next couple of days and packed with family meals and vists so we're pretty much ready to go- I hope!

Anyway! Back to the point of the post... I put all the wedding flowers on gumtree and had a local wedding planner/decorator get back to me... she was interested, came to view them on Saturday and took them all away then and there!

All in all I sold 8x floral centrepieces 3xfloral chandelier hoops, 2x rose trees and around 40 twined flower jars. I also gave the lady the vine/flowers from the flower arch (the actual arch didn't survive the packing up the day after the wedding- which is fine as its only cost £5.99!)

I didn't know how much to sell for and time was certainly not on my side to have much of a bargaining power so I put £300 on the advert- she happily paid that which makes me wonder whether I should have asked for more buy hey ho! They're not clogging up the spare room anymore!

She seemed very pleased with them and even used them the very next day at an event! (she sent me the below pics)

imageimage

I thought I'd be sad seeing them all ready for somebody else but I'm actually really pleased they are being used!

My dress has been hung up on a tidyrail in my parents spare room. I haven't had it cleaned yet so it will have to wait until we get back. I think I may look to sell the dress on my return but I haven't made a decision yet and don't want to rush into it.

• Thankyou cards

I've also had to arrange and send thankyou cards this week! I would have loved to have used our professional images on them but I wouldn't have been able to get them done properly from abroad and they would have been neglected so I had to use the photos that I've got. 

imageimage

We had them made from optimal print, they're A5 and it took me hours to write them out yesterday morning but they're all done! We'll post the majority tomorrow and the rest our parents will have to distribute in the next couple of weeks!

• We leave today!!

Today is the day, we start our big adventure! But before we go, I just wanted to write down what happened yesterday! 

I was driving through the town I used to live in, a street I used to drive every day but now not so much... I happened to look out the window and saw a new shop called "your day, your way" thought it rung a bell and realised it was the lady who bought my flowers- and then I noticed the display!!!! I pulled straight over and stood for far too long staring at the window!

They have use every single flower I gave them for their window display, it looks fab! Not quite sure how I feel.. obviously she's entitled to do whatever she wants with them but I feel kind of exposed having them on display like that! They have kept everything exactly how I gave it to them, haven't even adjusted the flowers which slipped down a bit coming home from Oxwich! 

The photos are terrible but I tried 

imageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Like I said, I'm not sure how I feel about this! But at least everything is getting used! I don't think the shop is actually open yet- but I've instructed my mum to visit when it is to get a quote for how much they're hiring it out for! 

Today- We're heading down to Heathrow, staying overnight and our flight to Kuala Lumpur is 10am tomorrow! 
    My backpack weighs a ton and Dave thinks I'm crazy for prioritising hair dye kits  

• Sian91Sian91 Posts: 829 New bride

I hope you have an amazing time! 

I would take it as a compliment- hope that the future brides enjoy them as much as you did!

• Georgina74Georgina74 Posts: 299 New bride
    edited November 2018
    Our photos have finally arrived! (Well...been sent via email) so I’m going to start quite a brief picture heavy report.. I wish I’d started this sooner as I’m sure I’ll write it completely differently to how I would have just after the wedding but being on the road is making any admin duties very difficult! 
    Were having the absolute best time on our travels- we’ve spent a few days in Malaysia, a month in Indonesia, and have been in Vietnam for coming up to a month too! 
    Were 54 days into our trip and have spent all of 1.5hrs apart in that time and somehow we haven’t killed each other yet! 

If you want to see what we’ve been up to my Instagram is georginaphelps93 

• I cant wait to see the report!! Im also super excited to see about your travels, and may need to pick you brain when youre back about Indonesia! Its my dream Honeymoon 
  • MrsS85MrsS85 Posts: 688 New bride
    Good to see you back on here! will be lovely to read your report, sounds like your trip is going well, look forward to reading more soon.