Forum home Your planning threads

Having a moment of self doubt...

For some reason, I've suddenly started doubting every decision we've made in relation to our wedding (except who I'm marrying, I'm definitely not doubting him!). Has anyone else had a moment like this in their planning? even our reception venue, which is gorgeous, is making me feel like we've made the wrong decision. I don't why I'm feeling like this (with less than 6 months to go until the big day...). Also our photographer told us on Friday that she's going to have to pull out of our wedding because she's pregnant, and is due within a week or two of our wedding. I'm pbviousky disappointed, massively disappointed, but at the same time I can't be angry at someone for deciding to have a child. I'm just having a moment, I'm sure it'll pass... 

• SpacepuffinSpacepuffin Posts: 664 New bride

I think we all doubt our choices. I've definitely been guilty of this. There are so many beautiful venues, brilliant themes, amazing colour schemes and fun little touches that most of us get a bit befuddled from time to time. 

I think you've hit the nail on the head though. Ultimately, you're marrying the person you love and if it was jeans in the pouring rain eating fish & chips out of paper, you'd still have an amazing day. X

• MrsK2017MrsK2017 Posts: 230 New bride
    Spacepuffin wrote (see post):

I think we all doubt our choices. I've definitely been guilty of this. There are so many beautiful venues, brilliant themes, amazing colour schemes and fun little touches that most of us get a bit befuddled from time to time. 

I think you've hit the nail on the head though. Ultimately, you're marrying the person you love and if it was jeans in the pouring rain eating fish & chips out of paper, you'd still have an amazing day. X

Thank you! I know it sounds silly but I think I just needed a little bit of reassurance. I'm sure it'll be fine in the end :) 

• wed172Bwed172B Posts: 1,258

I have had many doubts along the way about things not working, how the day will flow etc and i also had one night where i completely doubted everything, and i thought through in my head packing the whole thing in and getting married abroad but after that night i started to reassure myself that we picked our venue because we love it and its what we both wanted etc and the big doubts have gone and havent come back! I still have doubts / worries on the smaller details but thats pretty normal :)