October 2018 - An Unconventional London Wedding

• weatherwaxe wrote (see post):
    abbigeorgia wrote (see post):

I would absolutely love to know what the etsy shop you bought you nightgown and robe from! I'm so excited to see everything come together! It all looks incredible, you venue is so incredible and I'm super jealous that you have a props room to go through and choose from!

Thank you! I had a huge wobble last night that all our relatives would hate what we're trying to do and not 'get it' at all. so this comment has really helped me.

My nightgown/robe is from an Etsy shop based in Florida called SarafinaDreams. They have the most amazing stuff on there, I could have spent thousands.

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/SarafinaDreams

If they love you, they're going to love your wedding!! It's you blown up into a whole event! Yeah, maybe its not their taste, but its not their wedding, so it doesn't need to be! If there is any one day in your whole life that you get to be unapologetically you, its your wedding, so make the most of it! Do you read Rock 'n' Roll Bride (you strike me as someone who would), as it made me feel so much better about having a not so traditional wedding!

• Plus, OMG that etsy is incredible and now I want to buy it all and wear it as my regular clothes! I might try and sew something similar myself... Maybe..

• abbigeorgia wrote (see post):
    weatherwaxe wrote (see post):
    abbigeorgia wrote (see post):

I would absolutely love to know what the etsy shop you bought you nightgown and robe from! I'm so excited to see everything come together! It all looks incredible, you venue is so incredible and I'm super jealous that you have a props room to go through and choose from!

Thank you! I had a huge wobble last night that all our relatives would hate what we're trying to do and not 'get it' at all. so this comment has really helped me.

My nightgown/robe is from an Etsy shop based in Florida called SarafinaDreams. They have the most amazing stuff on there, I could have spent thousands.

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/SarafinaDreams

If they love you, they're going to love your wedding!! It's you blown up into a whole event! Yeah, maybe its not their taste, but its not their wedding, so it doesn't need to be! If there is any one day in your whole life that you get to be unapologetically you, its your wedding, so make the most of it! Do you read Rock 'n' Roll Bride (you strike me as someone who would), as it made me feel so much better about having a not so traditional wedding!

I totally read Rock n Roll Bride! it's literally the only wedding mag/website that I feel is relevant for the sort of wedding I'm aiming for.

I'm pretty much 100% on board with what we've chosen, but sometimes all it takes it a cack-handed comment from a relative (she'd googled our venue and didn't understand why there was a tube carriage in the courtyard - IT'S THE BAR LESLEY!), or from an uncle that when you post a picture of the outside of your reception venue with '80 days to go' on facebook responds with, "is that REALLY where you're getting married?" that just makes you doubt yourself for a bit. Especially when they both do it within days of each other.

I'm slowly getting back into 'stuff 'em' territory, like Sian though :) If nothing else, I can pretty much guarantee that none of my guests will have been to a wedding like ours before, so it'll be an experience, if nothing else :D

• Ashley72Ashley72 Posts: 1,137 New bride

If Aunt Lesley doesn’t want to go, I’ll gladly take her place because it all sounds bloody fab. Even if it’s not to your taste, surely anyone can appreciate how uniquely “you“ it all is and how fun and refreshing it’ll be to go to a wedding that is so cool and different from the usual barn filled with hessian, gyp and jam jars (not that there’s anything wrong with those!).

• MrsGtoBMrsGtoB Posts: 712 New bride

I completely agree I would LOVE an invite to a wedding like yours! 

It all looks fab keep doing what you are doing x

• Sian91Sian91 Posts: 829 New bride

Love rock and roll bride too! It’s definitely more my bag(: 

• I had my hair and make up trial today and I'm so happy with the results. We went for a vintage wave, with fairly classic vintage style make up, with a few individual false lashes at the corner of each eye. 

Before - deeply ropey and hungover. 

After: 

• Ashley72Ashley72 Posts: 1,137 New bride

You look so lovely. Your hair clip and lipstick colour are fabulous. 

• Cecilia13Cecilia13 Posts: 425 New bride

I absolutely love the sound of everything and you look stunning! People will love it when they get there :)

• Kelly224Kelly224 Posts: 962 New bride

Your hair and make up look beautiful!!  Really suits you.

• Thanks ladies. I went out for dinner with my hair and make up still in last night to make the most of it, and it was still in place (other than the lipstick) by the time I took my make up off at around 10:30, Very happy with that!

My hair is actually still mostly intact today, despite being slept on and brushed several times which is amazing.

• ruthie1979ruthie1979 Posts: 794

Your hair & make up look gorgeous xxx

• VegasLouVegasLou Posts: 821 New bride

Great need on the basque and it looks gorgeous as well.

Love your hair and make up, fab lip colour.

• Last night A and I went suit shopping for his wedding suit. He had previously gone suit shopping with his cousin and based on his weird body - he has narrow shoulders, is short, and has a belly and quite big hips and bum  -  they decided that a made to measure/bespoke suit was his best option, as a suit that fit properly over his shoulders wouldn't fasten over his hips and stomach, and one that fit the hips/stomach would be way too big on his shoulders.

When he first announced that he was going to get a bespoke suit I immediately assumed it would be crazy expensive, although he was paying for it so how he spends his money is up to him! However he did his research and found SuitSupply in Westfield that offers a made to measure service starting at £600. That didn't seem too bad and we knew we wouldn't be getting a heavy wool suit or anything so he made an appointment and asked me to come with him for advice on colours/fabrics.  

A decided on the Napoli suit (which is a fairly classic suit) as his model design.

The actual suit selection and measuring process was boring AF when you're not involved, but you get to choose pretty much everything, from fabrics, buttons, lining fabrics, pockets, stitching, embroidery, lapels etc. That bit was a lot of fun.

(not my pictures, I was rubbish and forgot to take any):

We went with a bright navy lightweight premium fabric for the suit, with an ivory/bone coloured waistcoat. We chose an ivory/grey geometric lining for the suit and a metallic charcoal for the back of the waistcoat. We also went for royal blue stitching for a bit of a pop of colour and a bright green for under the collar of the suit, that no one will ever see but its fun to know it's there.

It's weird not being able to show a picture of what we chose, but it doesn't exist yet :D

A full made to measure three-piece suit with our fabric choices and extras cost £899, which I actually think is pretty reasonable for a fully made to measure suit. Obviously they're not made in London like a Saville Row suit, they are made in a factory to the specifications given. They then arrive and you have a second fitting where the in-house tailor adjusts the suit as needed.

But they're a great option if you're after something specific or are a non-standard size or shape and don't want to spend £5k on a suit. I'd definitely recommend them and Lionel, who served us was so lovely and knowledgeable. A was super nervous and he definitely put him at ease.

Ah that's exciting! My OH had his made to measure too- 6'5, lanky it felt like the best option. 

I was amazed how different a properly fitted suit looks (downside is he now looks even taller, if that was possible). 

Glad you and A had such a great time picking :)

• Based on what is currently going down on the Insta Weddings thread and the fact that Insta weddings have reported me to Y&YW and asked for various posts of mine to be taken down (which Y&YW have told me after i defended myself that they aren't going to remove) I'm now done with this forum and this planning thread. 

I can really do without businesses actively trying to seek me out on various social media platforms for writing a few comments on a forum thread. 

I think people that have followed this thread know that I'm not a troll trying to attack a business and was merely giving my opinion on a situation that other brides had found themselves in. 

I've really enjoyed my time here and I found this place a really valuable resource. I wish everyone a really wonderful wedding. I hope you all have the best day when it comes around. 

Seriously ignore them- I and I’m sure many others have loved reading your thread.

The way that business has chosen to conduct themselves is slightly bizarre in my view and not really what this forum is intended for!

Please carry on posting your plans! 

• britbirdbritbird Posts: 1,471 New bride

I agree with Sian. Please don't let something like this upset you and leave. 

• MrsHowgateMrsHowgate Posts: 1,296 New bride

Don’t be going anywhere. I love reading your posts and planning thread. Ignore those ‘people’ it just shows them for who they truly are.

Please stay amd carry on ❤️❤️

• MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,454 New bride

Yes please don't go x

• Kelly224Kelly224 Posts: 962 New bride

Totally agree with the others!!  I can't believe that woman had the nerve to call you a troll just for writing some constructive comments on that thread!  Please try and ignore her and stick around, we all value your input on the threads and love reading about your plans.  Hope your ok x  

• MrsGtoBMrsGtoB Posts: 712 New bride

Oh this is so sad 😭 Don’t go I love your thread and can’t wait to see pictures.

They clearly have major issues and no professionalism at all. Don‘t let them bully you xx

• nicki126nicki126 Posts: 248

Noooo!! This is one of my go to threads every morning!  Please don't go.....

• I'm so sorry they've treated you that way but please dont go! I have loved your thread, and i think youre a breath of fresh air in an otherwise stuffy world of wedding talk. 
    I understand your decision, but you are so much more to so many people x

• Zara29Zara29 Posts: 105

I agreeeeeeeeeeee. Don't go! I love your creativity...

• LizzieBHLizzieBH Posts: 196

Oh please don't go! Or at least let us know if you have a blog or somewhere where we can keep following your wedding plans? I agree they're a breath of fresh air!! And I'll have a seriously severe case of unfinished business syndrome if I can't see how they turn out...

• LizzieBHLizzieBH Posts: 196

If it helps I've just caught up on that thread and am now absolutely incensed on your behalf.

• Zara29Zara29 Posts: 105

Ditto. Whoever she was had massive unnecessary rage.

• Rach371Rach371 Posts: 1,090 New bride

I've reported them- talk about unprofessional! Dont let two spiteful people discourage you from using this forum. We might not be "cool" but we are supportive!

• VegasLouVegasLou Posts: 821 New bride

Oh no! Please don’t go, I have no idea what’s happened but I love your thread and all plans xx