The 'subtly us' wedding

• MrsBeehanMrsBeehan Posts: 378 New bride
    Sian91 wrote (see post):

Also I thought I may as welll share this because I can’t anywhere else...my evening outfit.

The bottom of the top still needs the lace trimmed and buttons to be fitted so it sits tight, it’s just pinned here and I’m having the cups moved and extra boning. 

The trousers just need hem, lining and the zip! It’s so weird seeing the ideas in my head come to life (I’m a contracts managers by day so this creativity lark doesn’t come naturally to me).

As a side/possible bridezilla note...I was dress shopping with my mum for her, for the day time and she made a comment about nothing with too much white...I think I may have had my bridezilla moment when i remarked that it never bothered her buying a jumpsuit for the evening when she knew that was my thing. It was harsh and heat of the moment but now I’m like is it wedding fever, because I don’t think I really care? Or do I? Please tell me I’m not the only one doubting my own behaviour 🙈🙈🙈

Loving your evening outfit! Very nice. It is great when everything you've planned starts to come together.

You definitely aren't the only one that has those moments. I always thought I was a chilled out bride but on the day I was surprisingly bothered that some of the decorations weren't where I'd intended. About 3 hours before the ceremony I was walking around the venue in my PJs sorting things out! A lot goes into a wedding so you just want it to be right and it is stressful.

• MrsK2018MrsK2018 Posts: 84 New bride
    Sian91 wrote (see post):

Also I thought I may as welll share this because I can’t anywhere else...my evening outfit.

The bottom of the top still needs the lace trimmed and buttons to be fitted so it sits tight, it’s just pinned here and I’m having the cups moved and extra boning. 

The trousers just need hem, lining and the zip! It’s so weird seeing the ideas in my head come to life (I’m a contracts managers by day so this creativity lark doesn’t come naturally to me).

As a side/possible bridezilla note...I was dress shopping with my mum for her, for the day time and she made a comment about nothing with too much white...I think I may have had my bridezilla moment when i remarked that it never bothered her buying a jumpsuit for the evening when she knew that was my thing. It was harsh and heat of the moment but now I’m like is it wedding fever, because I don’t think I really care? Or do I? Please tell me I’m not the only one doubting my own behaviour 🙈🙈🙈

Perfect choice Sian!You look absolutely stunning.I could never pull of a jumpsuit as I dont have the figure for it but a girl can dream ,right?😀.I am happy to see your plans comimg along nicely and I wish France was my neighbouring country and I could go to visit whenever 😂.Your wedding makeup is beautiful,I can see why you are doing your own makeup.I like the natural look and it suits you as the makeup is to complement an already pretty face and does not look overdone.

• Sian91Sian91 Posts: 829 New bride
    MrsBeehan wrote (see post):
    Sian91 wrote (see post):

Loving your evening outfit! Very nice. It is great when everything you've planned starts to come together.

You definitely aren't the only one that has those moments. I always thought I was a chilled out bride but on the day I was surprisingly bothered that some of the decorations weren't where I'd intended. About 3 hours before the ceremony I was walking around the venue in my PJs sorting things out! A lot goes into a wedding so you just want it to be right and it is stressful.

Thank you- I was so nervous going to try it on but glad it’s all worked out. Excited for my final fitting in 3 weeks! 

Hahah🙈 this is going to be me! We have 3 days set up pre wedding and my Dad commented that he’s dreading it because it will be me bossing everyone around (and I don’t think he’s wrong!). It’s like you say, after all the effort you just want it to be perfect! 

MrsK2018 wrote (see post):
    Sian91 wrote (see post):

Perfect choice Sian!You look absolutely stunning.I could never pull of a jumpsuit as I dont have the figure for it but a girl can dream ,right?😀.I am happy to see your plans comimg along nicely and I wish France was my neighbouring country and I could go to visit whenever 😂.Your wedding makeup is beautiful,I can see why you are doing your own makeup.I like the natural look and it suits you as the makeup is to complement an already pretty face and does not look overdone.

Thank you, that’s very kind of you to say. I had grand plans of weightloss that never really happened, the last year has gone in a flash! 

I’m happy for a mini trip to France, we’ve sacrificed all our holidays for the wedding, so I am itching to get away! 

Thank you- I’m going to keep practicing but have got to the point where I feel I can do a good enough job. Still searching for the perfect foundation though, feel free to send me any recommendations! 

• MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,546 New bride

Loving the jumpsuit, you look amazing!

In my opinion, you cannot beat Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation. If you go to a counter they'll give you a little bottle with about a week's worth in for free to trial it.

• Ashley72Ashley72 Posts: 1,137 New bride

Love your jumpsuit! Absolutely gorgeous and so unique.

Armani foundation is fabulous! I also love Illamasqua but it's probably a bit heavier than you need/want.

• MrsK2018MrsK2018 Posts: 84 New bride

I use MAC ,Estee Lauder and Black Opal.My favourite is Estee Lauder 

Thanks ladies I’m an Estée Lauder DW girl normally but I’m looking for something without SPF. But my partner has said that it doesn’t look like our photographer uses flash in her photos? 

I’m very tempted to try the Armani but it’s so damn pricey! 

I’ve only told one person apart from my mum and MIL about the jumpsuit so I’m quite excited to see peoples reaction. Kicking myself for not taking a photo in the skirt, but in less than 3 weeks I should have it at home with me! 

This evening we are FINALLY doing our invitations 🙈🙈🙈

• Samantha265Samantha265 Posts: 309 New bride

I would recommend Urban Decay naked skin. If you go to a counter they will colour match you, do your make up and give you a weeks tester. I found it lasted well a d had decent coverage, but was light and looked natural. You can powder over the top or blot if needed. 

Samantha265 wrote (see post):

I would recommend Urban Decay naked skin. If you go to a counter they will colour match you, do your make up and give you a weeks tester. I found it lasted well a d had decent coverage, but was light and looked natural. You can powder over the top or blot if needed. 

Thank you, I will have to give it a go! There’s so much choice, I’m on an all out sample scavenge! 

We bought more beer yesterday- Sainsburys had some craft beer my oh and his friends like reduced to 90p instead of £2 a can...all in date til March next year so that’s a win in my book.

I’m debating hair accessories/veils. Do I want it? yessss Will it suit my dress? Debatable 

You bet I want it anyway! 

I LOVE the hair accessory!

MrsCToBee wrote (see post):

Me too! It’s quite pricey though, so just trying to work out how much I love it haha.

Recently we’ve bought more booze- surprise surprise...

Booked the PA for the speeches and background music during the wedding breakfast- it was £70 including a wireless mic and a mixer to control the sound which I thought was pretty good? 

Invites are ordered and hopefully will be on their way soon, we designed them to look similar to our save the dates and have maintained the ’look’ from the start which I’m happy with.

And we’ve got sparkler buckets- I really wanted old buckets to go with the venue. So I snapped up these on eBay, which my brother is collecting as he lives locally. They should resell well too fingers  crossed!

Sian91 wrote (see post):
    MrsCToBee wrote (see post):

Me too! It’s quite pricey though, so just trying to work out how much I love it haha.

I feel your pain, I fell in love with an expensive hairband, but I'm scouting around online to see if I can find something similar but cheaper. The one I like is more generic looking than yours though!

• Just binge read your thread! I love that you are doing a dress and a jumpsuit, such a fab idea! 

FutureMrsTomlin wrote (see post):

Just binge read your thread! I love that you are doing a dress and a jumpsuit, such a fab idea! 

Thank you! It will be home with me in 10 days eeek! 

Our invitations came today! I need to rush finishing up our getting married website. Most disorganised bride award!

imageimageimage

Were having white envelopes like these and using the same wax seal as our save the dates

Just need to get a move on sending them out- I think the short RSVP might help get them back quickly! Fingers crossed anyway! 

Hey!

The invites and their envelopes are lovely! So exciting to see it on paper (or card) isn't it? When you send them out it such a big thing because people will start planning how to get there and some booking accommodation just for your wedding!! When you start planning it's normally just you and your partner and maybe parents and bridesmaids but when other people start getting involved like when you inviye your guests it becomes real! Dunno if that makes sense haha!

Hey!

The invites and their envelopes are lovely! So exciting to see it on paper (or card) isn't it? When you send them out it such a big thing because people will start planning how to get there and some booking accommodation just for your wedding!! When you start planning it's normally just you and your partner and maybe parents and bridesmaids but when other people start getting involved like when you inviye your guests it becomes real! Dunno if that makes sense haha!

Hello MrsBeehan (rather than to be!) definitely exciting to see in real life. Although I could write down 90% of RSVPs as so many people are sorted! 

I think having a semi destination wedding (minimum 4hrs for 95% guests) has got people excited! Looking forward to getting some formal RSVPs! Hoping people don’t think they’ve responded between all the casual chats/texts

• Where is the hair accessory from? I need to know! Its gorgeous!

abbigeorgia wrote (see post):

Where is the hair accessory from? I need to know! Its gorgeous!

It’s by Luna Bea- I’ve not seen one in real life but it looks gorgeous in pictures! 

With 3 months and 3 days to go, I’ve acknowledged how big my to do list is

- Send out invites

- Double check the wedding website

-Get caterer to confirm what they need (oven etc)

-Pay for PA hire

-Finalise aisle decor

-Decide what to do with my hair/do I want a veil or hair piece 

-Order neon

-Decide whether to have a ’chill space’

-Discuss cocktails with venue

-Find my mother something to wear (absolute nightmare)

-Stay away from the bloody biscuits

Guess I’ve caught wedding fever! 

Sian91 wrote (see post):

- Send out invites

-Pay for PA hire

-Finalise aisle decor

-Order neon

Ah the lists!! You think you'll never get through it but you will! I split it between months which helped :) 

Sian91 wrote (see post):

- Send out invites

-Pay for PA hire

-Finalise aisle decor

-Order neon

Ah the lists!! You think you'll never get through it but you will! I split it between months which helped :) 

Hopefully haha! At the moment I’m debating if I’ll get through mid year at work! 

Today I’ve started my 5 day plan- very fixed meals and 16.8 so see how that goes! Maybe a little late as I’m about to collect my dress! 

However yesterday- I sent another quote request for neon, chased up the caterer, paid the deposit for the PA, bought a rug for the chill area ive now decided we’re having haha and checked up on the wedding website.

Still waiting on envelopes though! 

Anyway- dress time now! 

Dress needs more alterations, so didn’t get to take it home today ): 

This afternoon the dressmaker messaged me and let me know she’s working on my dress and I’ll be able to collect it tomorrow evening (fingers crossed). The sleeves were unbelievably tight and the bodice was too loose- think it’s because I’ve changed the style of cups which has thrown it all off! 

Day one of the diet is also done 🙈

• Sian91 wrote (see post):
    abbigeorgia wrote (see post):

Where is the hair accessory from? I need to know! Its gorgeous!

It’s by Luna Bea- I’ve not seen one in real life but it looks gorgeous in pictures! 

Thank you so much!