The 'subtly us' wedding

• Sian91Sian91 Posts: 829 New bride

INVITATIONS

We posted all the invites on Saturday, so some arrived today- so far 12 yes' and not any not. I think people know it a short date, but most people had accommodation booked so I was confident they were coming. 

I don't know if I ever posted our Save The Dates- so here they are side by side. 

DandelionBlue wrote (see post):
    Sian91 wrote (see post):

Oh. I am so sorry that things have been so stressful. I find the four and three months to be the most stressful part of the whole wedding planning process.

Your jumpsuit looks amazing though. 

And by the sound of it you get your invites our now and might have a dress.

We are going to Okinawa for our honeymoon too!!!

It was all going too well! I won't be wearing the jumpsuit either- I'll post some photos in a minute of just how terrible it is!

Oooh what/when/where are your honeymoon plans? Have you spoken about them on your thread?

Oh really? That is such a shame about the jumpsuit. It looked nice in your picture. But maybe not close up?

I'm not sure. I might have mentioned it in passing when so wrote about our honeymoon fund. We don't have enough holiday allowance to go straight after the wedding. So thinking April 2019. It will be our third time in Japan. On our first trip he decided to marry me. On the second he proposed. And the third will be our honeymoon. But we will be going to Tokyo and then from there to Okinawa. We prefer Tokyo yo Kyoto because it is a little less touristy. Were you thinking of staying on one of the island hotels?

It looked awful in reality and the top was shared by my skirt and trouser- I'll post some photos in a minute.

We're going in April too- see you there haha. We're looking at Kyoto but having trips to Nara and Hiroshima, then Zamami (Okinawa) and then to Tokyo. We've never been and always wanted to, so best opportunity!

• DandelionBlueDandelionBlue Posts: 1,333 New bride
    Sian91 wrote (see post):
    Sian91 wrote (see post):

Oh. I am so sorry that things have been so stressful. I find the four and three months to be the most stressful part of the whole wedding planning process.

It was all going too well! I won't be wearing the jumpsuit either- I'll post some photos in a minute of just how terrible it is!

Oooh what/when/where are your honeymoon plans? Have you spoken about them on your thread?

Oh really? That is such a shame about the jumpsuit. It looked nice in your picture. But maybe not close up?

I'm not sure. I might have mentioned it in passing when so wrote about our honeymoon fund. We don't have enough holiday allowance to go straight after the wedding. So thinking April 2019. It will be our third time in Japan. On our first trip he decided to marry me. On the second he proposed. And the third will be our honeymoon. But we will be going to Tokyo and then from there to Okinawa. We prefer Tokyo yo Kyoto because it is a little less touristy. Were you thinking of staying on one of the island hotels?

It looked awful in reality and the top was shared by my skirt and trouser- I'll post some photos in a minute.

We're going in April too- see you there haha. We're looking at Kyoto but having trips to Nara and Hiroshima, then Zamami (Okinawa) and then to Tokyo. We've never been and always wanted to, so best opportunity!

You are going to love it! And might get addicted like us. Kyoto is beautiful. Lots if temples to see. Mara is incredible. Again so much history. And Hiroshima is super modern. I would recommend going to Miyajima Island if you are there. The deer are super cute. Oh and Tokyo is do much fun. Also if you are touring the island, do get a railpass. Cheapest way to do it. And super comfortable. Since its your honeymoon, I'd also upgrade it to the greencar. But you have to get the JR railpass before you go to Japan.

THE DRESS (Laughter is now welcome)

I've said how terrible my dress was (bear in mind this is a £1,500 bespoke dress), but a picture says a thousand words...safe to say I am proceeding with getting this well and truly sorted...

imageimageimageimageimageimage

• DandelionBlueDandelionBlue Posts: 1,333 New bride

Oh dear. I am so sorry. That is awful. I really hope you are going to get your money back. You might want to post on the Facebook group Wedding scams, brides & companies to be aware of. To see if anyone had dealings with your seamstress.

I am truly sorry and hope you get everything sorted and look just like you want to on your wedding day.

• britbirdbritbird Posts: 1,486 New bride

Oh wow. So sorry to see that with your dress. That is terrible.

I’ll let you know the next stage- I’ve sent a letter requesting a full refund and dress to be returned as it is poor quality and not fit for purpose.

Mum and Dad have stepped in, told me not to worry- they will get me another dress...just not what I want with less than 3 months to go! 

• Kelly224Kelly224 Posts: 962 New bride

So sorry to hear about your dress, what a nightmare!!  I hope you get some sort of refund back.  Bless your Mum and Dad for offering to help sort it out!

• GinAndBlingGinAndBling Posts: 1,310 New bride

Oh what a pain! Really hope you get in sorted x

Our planning thread: We're completely winging it.
    Our report: A fun, classic May day in navy and blush
    My weightloss thread: Diet denial! 
  • weatherwaxeweatherwaxe Posts: 848 New bride

Oh God, so sorry about your dress. It isn't even remotely like your original inspiration dress.

That isn't even remotely acceptable, fingers crossed for the refund (I can't imagine how they could refuse), and that you get yourself an amazing replacement dress.

• Cecilia13Cecilia13 Posts: 512 New bride
    Sian91 wrote (see post):

It feels like we're really clear on our 'vision' now and beginning to pull things together (and I'm off to a wedding show this morning which will hopefully help me see the gaps)

Chalkboard now has pride of place in our front hall- you can see from the door frame just how big it is, I've been having a practice of the calligraphy welcome that will hopefully be in situ. but mostly discovered that a certain naughty word beginning with F is the most satisfying word to write in script. NOT wedding appropriate haha. 

R has decided he definitely wants a green suit (I really like this as something different) and at 6'5 it's probably going to be bespoke...

i like the pinky/purpley colours in this bouquet and think they work nicely with the green- bonus is the purple/berry kind of colour will look lovely on my bridesmaid. 

Which puts are colour scheme in this kind of range...we happened to pop into tiger yesterday and I was overjoyed like yes- look this is the colour palette that's been in my head. R thinks I'm insane (even more so than pre wedding) but is still agreeing that we should get married. 

Last one...look at the decorations on this cake- we were planning naked cake- but look at this!image

I love this cake!!! It's quite close to what I want colour wise and with the gold leaf! Sorry I'm only partway through binge-reading your lovely thread so I haven't yet seen what you've decided but this is really amazing!

Sian91 wrote (see post):
    Sian91 wrote (see post):

You are going to love it! And might get addicted like us. Kyoto is beautiful. Lots if temples to see. Mara is incredible. Again so much history. And Hiroshima is super modern. I would recommend going to Miyajima Island if you are there. The deer are super cute. Oh and Tokyo is do much fun. Also if you are touring the island, do get a railpass. Cheapest way to do it. And super comfortable. Since its your honeymoon, I'd also upgrade it to the greencar. But you have to get the JR railpass before you go to Japan.

YES! I am so excited haha. Our honeymoon wish list/gift list is made up of all different things we’d like to do when we’re away and JR passes (split up, not the whole amount) are on there! 

My partner also doesn’t have enough holiday to go in this finan

weatherwaxe wrote (see post):

Oh God, so sorry about your dress. It isn't even remotely like your original inspiration dress.

That isn't even remotely acceptable, fingers crossed for the refund (I can't imagine how they could refuse), and that you get yourself an amazing replacement dress.

Well so far...she must have picked up the email, possibly chosen not to collect the signed for letter (she may have been busy, who knows) and decided the best solution is to block me on all social media and by phone? She was actually a really nice girl (I thought), I’m just mortified this how someone is choosing to run a business...

Sian91 wrote (see post):

Well so far...she must have picked up the email, possibly chosen not to collect the signed for letter (she may have been busy, who knows) and decided the best solution is to block me on all social media and by phone? She was actually a really nice girl (I thought), I’m just mortified this how someone is choosing to run a business...

Wow, how unprofessional! Threaten her with trading standards if this continues. And start naming and shaming and definitely post a review of her services on Google. That way other people will know to avoid!

Cecilia13 wrote (see post):
    Sian91 wrote (see post):

!image

I love this cake!!! It's quite close to what I want colour wise and with the gold leaf! Sorry I'm only partway through binge-reading your lovely thread so I haven't yet seen what you've decided but this is really amazing!

It’s gorgeous isn’t it? The gold leaf is quite expensive apparently But I think it really sets it off! I like tall cakes too! 

HAIR HELP

I wear my hair down all the time, its quite long (past boob length) and thick. I always imagine that i would have it down and kind of wavy but feel I should try something a bit more formal for the wedding (although it's hard when I don't know what I'm wearing). 

Has anyone seen good day to night hair? Does such a thing exist? ie Styles where I can take out pins/tweak slightly and have a new evening look?

This is from my hair stylists facebook- I'm not sure if it would work or (most likely) over simplified in my head. Left ceremony- after wedding breakfast, undo bottom and ready for the evening?

• Kelly224Kelly224 Posts: 962 New bride

I think that could work - great idea, never thought of doing something like that!  Have you got anyone in your bridal party that is good with hair and could take it down for you and switch the pins about etc.?  Definitely worth checking with your hairdresser and see what she thinks! 

• MrsBeehanMrsBeehan Posts: 378 New bride

Hey love

Just caught up and saw the pictures of your dress, I can't believe how badly you've been treated, especially for the amount you paid :( really sorry to see you're going through that.

Everything else though....wow!!! Loving all of your details.

Good idea about your hair, I'm sure it could be done.

Dress saga is plodding on- fully intend on making sure that other people won’t have the same issues that I had. 

But to cheer myself up...I went shopping (the obvious solution)- we were meant to be getting candle sticks which we did 

Then it all got out of hand...furniture for a chill out area

imageimage

Possibly a card box/kind of prop

And then this...which R refused to leave without- neither of us have any idea what it is (probably some kind of horn) which has large gaps that we will use for cards

• MrsBeehanMrsBeehan Posts: 378 New bride
    Sian91 wrote (see post):

Dress saga is plodding on- fully intend on making sure that other people won’t have the same issues that I had. 

But to cheer myself up...I went shopping (the obvious solution)- we were meant to be getting candle sticks which we did 

Then it all got out of hand...furniture for a chill out area

imageimage

Possibly a card box/kind of prop

And then this...which R refused to leave without- neither of us have any idea what it is (probably some kind of horn) which has large gaps that we will use for cards

Lovely, the suitcase is a great find! Love a bit of wedding shopping!!!

• ruthie1979ruthie1979 Posts: 794

LOVE all your purchases - and what better way to cheer yourself up than shopping xx

Also loving the hair inspiration - love the idea of 2 different styles xx

Love your purchases (is it weird that I also adore the weird blue thing that your h2b got attached to?). I'm very into the shape!

Love your purchases (is it weird that I also adore the weird blue thing that your h2b got attached to?). I'm very into the shape!

We’ve found out it’s a multicellular horn? Which he now wants to make work...weve agreed it’s a post wedding task as weve got 2 months and 2 days to go! 

I had my hair trial yesterday, which went well. I am a definite creature of habit so it was good to have my hair done by someone else and R thought it was pretty. 

imageimage

It‘s wayyyy curlier than I would ever do it myself and looks more like wedding hair. Unfortunately 2 in 1 styles won’t work because of hairspray making a mess but I think half up is a good compromise. Hair is also (over)due a colour and cut but I’ve not been able to face it in this heat!  

Ive bought some little clips which go with our theme and will hopefully look nice too(: they were only cheap so I won’t hold my breath! 

• Cecilia13Cecilia13 Posts: 512 New bride
    Sian91 wrote (see post):

I had my hair trial yesterday, which went well. I am a definite creature of habit so it was good to have my hair done by someone else and R thought it was pretty. 

imageimage

It‘s wayyyy curlier than I would ever do it myself and looks more like wedding hair. Unfortunately 2 in 1 styles won’t work because of hairspray making a mess but I think half up is a good compromise. Hair is also (over)due a colour and cut but I’ve not been able to face it in this heat!  

Ive bought some little clips which go with our theme and will hopefully look nice too(: they were only cheap so I won’t hold my breath! 

It all looks lovely! Can I ask where you bought the clips from?

• MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,913 New bride

Hair looks really pretty!

Thanks ladies (:

Clips are just from eBay (China) but £4 instead of like £20 on Etsy. 

• ruthie1979ruthie1979 Posts: 794

Your hair looks lovely xx

ruthie1979 wrote (see post):

Your hair looks lovely xx

Thank you- not what I thought I wanted but a wedding is a good excuse for overly done hair ey! 

On Friday we made our wedding rings and it was so much fun! We went to Becca Williams in Penryn (weirdly the same town as were getting married) and had a fab time! 

She was super patient and gave the right amount of help, so it felt like the rings were definitely yours; even demonstrating on a separate ring. She was also one of the few goldsmiths that were willing to source and work on 14ct gold for us (to match my engagement ring). For reference the pricing (including workshop) was similar to Ernest Jones 9ct but for 14ct and we got a fun day out and all the sentiment! We chose to make each other’s rings (:

imageimageimage