Forum home Your planning threads

6 months to go..

Not a long post today, just feel like sharing and checking on all of you ladies..

Have 6 months to go until the big day, 95% booked & planned 

Main thing left to do is wait... & wait.. then wait.. Oh and then wait some more.. 

Can June arrive already? 

Wishing you all a wonderful Xmas & New Year 

To the 2018 Brides, it is soon to be OUR year!!

• I feel your pain! I have to wait until September but I WANT IT TO BE NOW!! Can't wait to say 'I'm getting marries this year' :D

• HelenNHelenN Posts: 131 New bride

Mine is May 😍

I've asked for Spa vouchers for Christmas as i'm hoping to start some body prepping from the new year (facials, massag, body scrubs). Planning has been difficult but now MOST of it is done, time to pamper myself up!! 

• QueenDQueenD Posts: 325 New bride
    bride2be150918 wrote (see post):

I feel your pain! I have to wait until September but I WANT IT TO BE NOW!! Can't wait to say 'I'm getting marries this year' :D

I know right!! This wait is craaazyyy but hopefully it will be more than worth it!! 

HelenN wrote (see post):

Mine is May 😍

I've asked for Spa vouchers for Christmas as i'm hoping to start some body prepping from the new year (facials, massag, body scrubs). Planning has been difficult but now MOST of it is done, time to pamper myself up!! 

Oohh yes Im exactly the same! Glad to know Im not the only one I thought I was maybe over doing it lool.

Starting my monthly pampering from January too - I feel a bit guilty coz with so many things to pay for the big day I feel like we could use the money somewhere else  but I dont want to be a stressed & tired looking Bride! 

Booked a salt body scrub, never done it so cant wait. Then Im trying to find a traditional Morrocan hammam scrub, done it when I visited Morroco a few years ago it is honestly amazing!!!

• MrsLMTMrsLMT Posts: 3,830

I'm a March bride, just over three months for me! Argh! Time is flying by and I have so much still to do. 

FutureMrsThomas wrote (see post):

I'm a March bride, just over three months for me! Argh! Time is flying by and I have so much still to do. 

Oh March yeah just 3 months!! Hope you will be able to sort everything AND take some time to rest as well!!

QueenD wrote (see post):

Oh March yeah just 3 months!! Hope you will be able to sort everything AND take some time to rest as well!!

Don't have any time at the moment. Writing Christmas card while eating my tea tonight. Just arranged my hair trial for January and picked up my hoop today. Eek! 

Oh wow you are busy indeed FutureMrsThomas !! We having a "quiet" Xmas & NY, I honestly don't have the strength for anything  

• I cannot wait to say 'I get married this YEAR'!!! Roll on October 2018

I’m the one who hosts Christmas every year. I always have Christmas Eve buffet with my brother, his wife, his stepson, my parents, my children and h2b. They all come back on Christmas morning to open presents (8am wake up call). This year I’m cooking for Dad, my children, H2b and myself, (Mum is in Work). Then they all come back Christmas night. Last year my brother got engaged on Christmas Day so I threw an impromptu engagement for them when Mum got home from work. 

I refuse to host NYE! 

I started food shopping for Christmas in September! My freezer is over flowing now! 

Nikki mrs C to be wrote (see post):

I cannot wait to say 'I get married this YEAR'!!! Roll on October 2018

Yes, we will finally be able to say it is our wedding year whoop whoop 

I’m the one who hosts Christmas every year. I always have Christmas Eve buffet with my brother, his wife, his stepson, my parents, my children and h2b. They all come back on Christmas morning to open presents (8am wake up call). This year I’m cooking for Dad, my children, H2b and myself, (Mum is in Work). Then they all come back Christmas night. Last year my brother got engaged on Christmas Day so I threw an impromptu engagement for them when Mum got home from work. 

I refuse to host NYE! 

I started food shopping for Christmas in September! My freezer is over flowing now! 

AAww that's so nice! You officially are my new hero!! I have no idea HOW you have the energy to do wedding planning & also all this, honestly - or maybe I'm too lazy haha

This year has been one of the busiest of my life (full time job + launched my wedding planning business & worked on a few clients weddings already + planning my own wedding) so I honestly just want to go to Church during the festive season then come home cook a nice meal for my fiance & I and that us done!

Next year I do want to host a big Xmas though so might come to you for advice