Autumn Barn Wedding - October 2019

12346»

• MrsH2020MrsH2020 Posts: 117 New bride
    @MrsA-NToBe my fiancé just spent the weekend in Brighton on a work friend's stag - how funny if it was your H2B's! (definitely no life drawing involved at any point though so I expect not :D)

Have been catching up on your thread and the engagement shoot sounds lovely - I love that shot you posted.
  • MrsA-NToBeMrsA-NToBe Posts: 205 New bride
    @MrsH2020 H2B didn't have any work colleagues there as they all live too far away but how strange if it was!! 
    Thank you very much :) - we were so pleased, especially managing to miss the rain. 
    Just under two months to go!
    The last few months have flown by and I am now the proud mumma of a 7 week old. I've never had such a hard 7 weeks as the little mite wasn't that well when he was born and we couldn't put him down for two weeks without him throwing up. So now he's a lot better and i've managed to catch up with life a little and sporting my new eyebags, i've realised that i don't actually have that much time before the wedding and i need to get a wiggle on!
    Bridesmaid fitting - we specifically got their dresses from a bridal shop so that they could be ordered in fitted and were easy. The dresses arrived and were massive! All girls need at least an inch taken in each side, which is very frustrating as we're having to pay another £400 because they need so much alteration. We had an appointment with the seamstress this week for the first fitting and the dresses should be ready in about a month. 
    My fitting - I've tried to leave this as late as i can so that my body can try and get back to something near what it was. I'm waiting for my 6 week check (at 7 1/2 weeks) to get the okay to do exercise again as it wasn't the easiest of births and then the fitting is end of September, so hopefully we can get somewhere, with the help of granny pants! 
    Everything else is pretty much there, its just the little things. Sorting through the boxes, ordering the flowers, having my hen do, make up trial all whilst entertaining small boy. 
    I wouldn't have it any other way. 
  • CoffeeDogAddictCoffeeDogAddict Posts: 1,275 New bride
    Congratulations on your little one! Im sorry to hear things were so hard afterwards and they werent well, but fingers crossed youre all on the up now! 
    @CoffeeDogAddict Thank you, yes we are all getting there which is nice and now my brain is full of babies and weddings! Hope you're doing well. 
  • MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,942 New bride
    Congrats on your baby - I had a reflux baby with CMPA so I feel your pain!
  • annipooannipoo Posts: 166 New bride
    Your plans sound lovely and your colour scheme is gorgeous!

Congratulations on your baby! Don't be too hard on yourself at your fitting if you don't look exactly how you'd hoped. Your body has just done an incredible thing and grown a human! 
    @MrsCToBee - Thank you! Hard, isn't it! 

@annipoo - Thank you, you're right! My friend suggested two pairs of support pants, so I think that may be the answer. And to have him there with us, will be very much worth not quite being the shape I was before. 
    I have a rather alarmingly long list on my phone of things that need to be done now. It's the little things that you forget about, like bags & wrapping for the gifts (I don't think dinosaur happy birthday wrapping would quite cut it!) and things for the signs for the gift table etc to stand on. 
    I've got my make up trial Saturday which I'm looking forward to, then we'll know where we stand with my make up and also we'll know what we need for the girls too as I've left it up to them to decide what they wanted. 

My Dad is getting fed up of taking in my orders as I've been having everything sent to theirs as it's just a safer location than our house being on a main road with no neighbours to take things in for us! 
    The boys pocket squares have arrived, which I had a small 5am panic about as I'd forgotten to actually order them! 
    The girls thank you gifts have arrived. I've made them the personalised glasses for use in the morning, the personalised hangers for their dresses to go on and then I've got them this bracelet with their initial and birth stone. I'll put this in a little bag with their glass and a card that I'll write for them to open on the morning. 

I've also got my Maid of Honour Z a very nice and very her ,Ted Baker watch which I'm going to give to her separately as a thank you for everything present as she's been my rock throughout the last year and the wedding and her MOH role a very good excuse for me to express that. I was thinking of giving it to her after the hen do as then it separates it from the wedding morning gifts too. 

The signs for the guest book, the sweet cart, confetti and cards arrived and are lovely. I was going to make them myself but just couldn't do it justice and then found these designs on Etsy. It may be lazy but for £11 for all of them, minus the hassle and time, right now, I'm happy to pay that!

They're from NaiaWeddings and she's been brilliant and is even making us one for the blanket box to match... could not recommend her more. 

Make up trial
    I had my make up trial on Saturday and it went really well! She did two eye looks, a bronze and then a pinky colour and we've decided that i'll go with the pink and the girls will go with the bronze ones. She used an airbrush to do the foundation and I have to say that with small man, I forgot to take off my makeup before I went to bed and it was still looking very good the next day! 

The pinks on the left and bronze on the right... every time I look at it, I'm sure I prefer the pink which is nice as it'll match my shoes haha.

Gifts
    We've got the Mum's thank you flowers but wanted to give them just a little something that's meaningful and so i've been wrapping them up tonight. For D's Mum we got her the picture frame as she really likes things like that and for mine, the little keyring. Things like that mean more to her than an elaborate gift and so i'll give Mum hers in the morning when we're getting ready and D's mum can have hers during the speeches. 

Kids Favours
    After thinking we'd be having 6 children when we started planning, we're actually now down to two attending. I've done them separate favours as I didn't think heart shape mints were particularly kid friendly. They look great now they're done but there was a few tough words said when I was trying to get the boxes closed! 

• 24 DAYS TO GO!! 

I cannot quite believe how quickly this has all come around. My to do list seems to be growing more than i'm ticking off but I think we're getting there. D still needs to get a white shirt and shoes, or he's going to be going barefoot down the aisle. 
    I've got my first dress fitting Saturday which I'm really not looking forward to, I'm having dress jitters. We bought it January when I was 4 months pregnant. G is now 3 months old and I do not look like I did before and it's seriously stressing me out. I appreciate it comes with the territory but it's taking some getting used to. and what if I don't like the dress anymore... ahh! However the small boy chewing his hand and grinning at me is all worth it. 

We've had some major confusions with our venue. Our package was for 50 guests and so we assumed that meant 50 guests, turns out it doesn't, it means 48 guests plus us. We've been emailing with them but it's looking like we're going to have to find another £130 from somewhere as it means we've gone over. 
    We also found out that we aren't able to set up our own tables, so i've been doing mock ups and now need to write instructions for the venue. Just another thing to add to the list and worry about! 

I just feel like there's so much to do and so little time! 
  • annipooannipoo Posts: 166 New bride
    I tried my dress on at home a couple of months ago to show my bridesmaid, I was about 12 months post-partum at the time, and it was the first time in a long time that I actually felt good about my figure. Fingers crossed for you that you'll feel as good as you did when you bought the dress. 

To put a positive spin on the table dressing, just think of it as one less thing to worry about on the day. 
  • Such amazing photos  <3
  • @MrsA-NToBe I’ve just realised that it may have been your wedding day this past Saturday! I hope you had a wonderful day!
  • Hope it all went well!!! <3