Forum home Your planning threads

Town Centre Barn Wedding - Kent, August 2019

• MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,957 New bride
    edited May 2019
    MrsPBtobe said:
    Your dress is beautiful. I think we all have those second guessing moments. Also if you don’t have any luck with Wed2Be, there’s a private selling group on Facebook. I know you won’t get the full amount back but better than nothing?
    Thanks, it's really that the closer to the wedding we get, the more my anxiety is coming out. I still love my dress, just not me in it!
    I'm a member already, hopefully it will help someone else out if not me I suppose! x
  • MrsRendall2BMrsRendall2B Posts: 749 New bride
    Definitely agree that your dress is beautiful and you should stick with it! The Lula is nice but it makes you look bigger on the bottom than you actually are whereas the dress you already have is really flattering. Have you thought about having a belt to cinch your waist in? :smile:
    Thank you ladies! Not fishing for compliments but you have made me feel a bit better.
    The veil doesn't give me quite the coverage I want and I'm very paranoid about back fat/overhang and fat arms! I'm a size 22 so obviously not thin, but I tend to wear clothes that are looser and cover me up more so I just feel very 'on display' in my dress! 
    I hadn't considered a belt as the ladies in the original shop said that being short waisted, one would ruin the line of the dress and make me look bigger. Plus I wore one as a bridesmaid last year and it both cut me in half visually, and pulled all the lace on the front of the dress and ruined it. 
  • MrsRendall2BMrsRendall2B Posts: 749 New bride
    Well you certainly don’t look a size 22 in your dress! 🥰
    I know how you feel though, I’m an 18/20 depending on the shop and I usually go for loose, baggy stuff too to try and cover up. 
    I wouldn’t rule out a belt though, maybe try a few different widths at different places on the dress - you might surprise yourself! 
  • GinAndBlingGinAndBling Posts: 1,311 New bride
    edited May 2019
    Oh you look gorgeous! That dress (the Maggie) is so pretty. It really skims you and gives you a tiny waist. 

I personally really like the straps but there’s no harm trying a bolero, I think it will change the balance of the dress though. Could you ask them to bring the lace up the back at all? 
    Our planning thread: We're completely winging it.
    Our report: A fun, classic May day in navy and blush
    My weightloss thread: Diet denial! 
  • abiscottabiscott Posts: 79 New bride
    Your actual dress suits you miles better than the Lula one! You look fab in it, and I also think the straps are a winner rather than a bolero, especially if you get really hot.
    Although if you're not using the hoop and you can get it swapped, no harm in having one and seeing how you feel in it.
  • MrsOD19MrsOD19 Posts: 797 New bride
    I think your actual dress is stunning and makes you look really svelte! I think wedding dresses can make you feel so different to how you normal do, it’s such a different thing to wear no matter what style you’ve gone for! I feel I'm playing dress up! 

If you speak to Wed2be they maybe would wrap the underskirt for you but I don’t think you need a bolero! It’s hopefully going to be nice weather in August and if you know you get hot it may be a waste? 
    edited May 2019
    Thank you ladies, you've made me really emotional at how kind you all are! This is such a lovely community.

I'm  a bit calmer today and think I'm going to stick with the straps, as @GinAndBling is probably right - plus if  I changed it it wouldn't be the dress I always dreamed of anymore! I'll just have to have a couple of gins until I forget all about it! Just going to try harder to lose a bit more weight so I feel more confident.
  • MrsHowgateMrsHowgate Posts: 1,433 New bride
    Definately prefer your dress. Maybe try a belt. I wasn’t going to wear one because I have a short torso and I loved me dress as it was but when I tried it with my dress I really loved it. My dress was a size 22 and I’m a 16/18 normally. Have you considered wearing a cathedral veil? I found mine made me look much more slimmer and gave me the additional coverage.
    edited May 2019
    The evening dress arrived and it's a bit small - I might order it in the next size up as it is lovely, but I'm now wondering whether to bother as it was quite polyester-y inside anyway and I don't think I'd be much less hot in it than my wedding dress, and since I'm paying for a bustle I may as well use it! Will think about it.

The H&M  shoes for the flower girls had to be returned as the sizing was all over the place, so ventured to hell on earth (Primark) to buy some more on Sunday, hopefully these will fit - trying to find the same shoes in 3 different sizes is an enormous challenge as shops never seem to have much stock in. So annoying.

C is working away this week and so have bought a large amount of flowers so that I can do 2 practice arrangements tonight and finally settle in my mind whether to do vases or wreaths for the table arrangements while I watch the new series of Lucifer. Playing with flowers and Tom Ellis on TV, I will be in seventh heaven 😋🤤😍😂
    edited May 2019
    Definately prefer your dress. Maybe try a belt. I wasn’t going to wear one because I have a short torso and I loved me dress as it was but when I tried it with my dress I really loved it. My dress was a size 22 and I’m a 16/18 normally. Have you considered wearing a cathedral veil? I found mine made me look much more slimmer and gave me the additional coverage.
    I have a belt at home from when I was a bridesmaid so will try it on. I did try one in the shop when I bought the dress though and it didn't do me any favours 😂
    I also tried a cathedral length  veil and decided against it for 2 reasons - 1) our venue is small and it would be a bit OTT and get in the way and b) all my friends who had cathedral length veils ended up taking them off quickly as they were getting annoyed, people kept treading on the veil and in turn yanking their hair! 
    I have a lovely fingertip length veil which I love and does give some back coverage.
    The seamstress managed to salvage enough material from the alterations to make my 2 straps so hopefully once they are added my panic will be over - I just hate anything strapless on me 😂
  • Just wanted to say your dress is gorgeous and really suits you, you look really slim in it! Sounds like you're just having dress wobbles, we all do and hopefully they will pass soon so you can relax and enjoy yourself! 
    Just wanted to say your dress is gorgeous and really suits you, you look really slim in it! Sounds like you're just having dress wobbles, we all do and hopefully they will pass soon so you can relax and enjoy yourself! 
    Thank you, unfortunately my anxiety was sky high the weekend I had my fitting, I've calmed down a bit now, I'm sure it will be fine - just being plus size I have lots of worries that I'm going to look ridiculous and that I should have gone for something much simpler x
    Ready to do my practise flowers this weekend! 
    edited May 2019
    So I did 2 sample tables, C and I both particularly like one of the options and have made a definite decision but I'm interested to see what you all think! There will be a navy lace table runner on the table on the day. In both cases the greenery will be eucalyptus and the flower choices will be slightly different but just using what I could buy or forage locally for this!

Option 1 - this would be doubled as they are long tables, so 2 vases and 2 hurricane vases with candles:

Option 2 - there would be one of these on the smaller 3 tables, 2 on the 2 bigger tables, with the gold tealight holders dotted along the rest of the table:

Have enjoyed playing this evening - going to make some practice bridal & bridesmaid bouquets tomorrow.
    Some buttonholes:

• You've done an amazing job. I love them both and would say from these pictures I prefer option 2 but picturing option 1 doubled I think that would be my winner. 
    They are both lovely so I would consider the space they take up on the table/whether the height will stop people talking across and decide based on that.
  • Cecilia13Cecilia13 Posts: 512 New bride
    I think both are lovely, it sort of depends on how wide the tables are? Option 2 takes quite a bit of space so I'd make sure there is still comfortable space for plates/glasses/wine etc. But really I think either will look great!
  • Beautiful flowers, are they artificial or real? 

Whatever you pick will look lovely but I like the second the best.
  • MrsA-NToBeMrsA-NToBe Posts: 206 New bride
    Your flowers look amazing! I really like both... I’m not sure I could choose! 
    You are so talented! I like option 1 on long tables. Both look great though.
    Beautiful flowers, are they artificial or real? 

Whatever you pick will look lovely but I like the second the best.
    Thanks, they are real.
    Thanks ladies!
    The angle I took the pic of the wreath at is a bit deceptive, it's not as big as it looks. C really likes the wreaths so we are going to go with them but still have a few vases dotted round too, and have 3 empty ones ready to put mine and the bm's bouquets in.

I've been struck with the worst bout of sinusitis I've ever had today, I can barely even open my mouth as my face, jaw and teeth hurt so much, so didn't make any bouquets today, except a mini one for my 4 year old niece as it was her birthday party!
    The sinusitis is still awful and I've been signed off work for 10 days with exhaustion. My face is all swollen up, I'm in severe pain and we are meant to be having our pre-wedding shoot  this weekend. Ideal 🙄😂
    Oh bloody hell Mrs C that sucks. Hope you feel better soon 😔
    Still not feeling good and just debating whether to cancel the pre-wedding shoot tomorrow as I look how I feel, plus it's an hour each way in the car.
    Also, absolutely bricking it now because:

I've manned up and we are doing the shoot - can't face rescheduling when it took so long to schedule this date. Will just go back to bed afterwards!
    100 days!! Ahhh. Hope it goes well x
    Pre-wedding shoot went really well! Thankfully I woke up this morning feeling so much better than I have for a week and the incessant headache had lifted.

I don't have any pics yet but he showed us some just on his camera and they were lovely. We went to Sheffield Park which is a beautiful National Trust garden in East Sussex with several lakes, and he took some lovely family shots and shots of our son as well as the couple's shots.

C was sceptical about it beforehand but now is really pleased we did it and says he will feel much more comfortable being photographed on the day now, especially since we hadn't met Peter in person before.