Town Centre Barn Wedding - Kent, August 2019

• MrsA-NToBeMrsA-NToBe Posts: 205 New bride
    Your flowers look amazing! I really like both... I’m not sure I could choose! 
  • GinAndBlingGinAndBling Posts: 1,311 New bride
    You are so talented! I like option 1 on long tables. Both look great though.
    Our planning thread: We're completely winging it.
    Our report: A fun, classic May day in navy and blush
    My weightloss thread: Diet denial! 
  • MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,933 New bride
    Beautiful flowers, are they artificial or real? 

Whatever you pick will look lovely but I like the second the best.
    Thanks, they are real.
    Thanks ladies!
    The angle I took the pic of the wreath at is a bit deceptive, it's not as big as it looks. C really likes the wreaths so we are going to go with them but still have a few vases dotted round too, and have 3 empty ones ready to put mine and the bm's bouquets in.

I've been struck with the worst bout of sinusitis I've ever had today, I can barely even open my mouth as my face, jaw and teeth hurt so much, so didn't make any bouquets today, except a mini one for my 4 year old niece as it was her birthday party!
    The sinusitis is still awful and I've been signed off work for 10 days with exhaustion. My face is all swollen up, I'm in severe pain and we are meant to be having our pre-wedding shoot  this weekend. Ideal 🙄😂
    Oh bloody hell Mrs C that sucks. Hope you feel better soon 😔
    Still not feeling good and just debating whether to cancel the pre-wedding shoot tomorrow as I look how I feel, plus it's an hour each way in the car.
    Also, absolutely bricking it now because:

I've manned up and we are doing the shoot - can't face rescheduling when it took so long to schedule this date. Will just go back to bed afterwards!
    100 days!! Ahhh. Hope it goes well x
    Pre-wedding shoot went really well! Thankfully I woke up this morning feeling so much better than I have for a week and the incessant headache had lifted.

I don't have any pics yet but he showed us some just on his camera and they were lovely. We went to Sheffield Park which is a beautiful National Trust garden in East Sussex with several lakes, and he took some lovely family shots and shots of our son as well as the couple's shots.

C was sceptical about it beforehand but now is really pleased we did it and says he will feel much more comfortable being photographed on the day now, especially since we hadn't met Peter in person before.
    That’s great, so glad you enjoyed it. FH said the same about ours!
  • MrsRendall2BMrsRendall2B Posts: 749 New bride
    Glad you all enjoyed the shoot and you were feeling better for it! :smiley: Excited to see how the photos come out. I'm tempted by a pre-wedding shoot now too! 
    Finally got some shoes that fit all 3 flower girls - Primark does have it's uses! They are very sparkly in real life.
    edited 20 May
    We were quite lucky getting all our day RSVPs in on time (I think because people had to give menu choices, though we did do a fair bit of nudging).
    The evening RSVPs have gone completely the other way, apart from a few early on it's been radio silence. If we were doing a buffet I wouldn't care too much, but for the BBQ option we have to give more specific numbers to our venue. We've still got a couple of weeks to go before the deadline, then I'll have to start chasing. Plus the 2 day couples with on/off relationships still can't decide if they are on or off 🙄😂

On a happier note - me and my 2 bridesmaids paid off the Venice hen do today, so it's less than 6 weeks until that and just under 2 weeks until my UK hen! Excited 🤩
    I’ve had exactly the same with evening invites, it’s been pretty much radio silence on the reply front. I appreciate it’s a long time away to commit to an evening but we need numbers!! 
    edited 25 May

We got our pre-wedding shoot photos through from the photographer and he has done a fantastic job, taken some beautiful pics of OH and our son....but I am absolutely devastated by how I look in them. I've been suffering with some health issues recently which have made exercise all but impossible, and I'm the heaviest I've ever been. I thought the outfit I chose looked ok in the mirror but I actually look atrocious.  
    With 3 months to go it has spurred me on to join Slimming World again, I will never be thin but hopefully I can lose a bit as our wedding pics are going to be a write off otherwise. 

• CoffeeDogAddictCoffeeDogAddict Posts: 1,244 New bride
    I'm so sorry you're unhappy with how the photos have turned out. I hope you find slimming world helpful and fingers crossed for you! 
    edited 28 May
    I'm so sorry you're unhappy with how the photos have turned out. I hope you find slimming world helpful and fingers crossed for you! 
    Thanks CDA! I don't think it helped that I had awful sinusitis so my face was really swollen and puffy, plus my hair went absolutely mental into a weird frizzball 🙄 Also I'm a proper squinter in sunlight! I really feel awful for disliking them as it's 100% my own issues with my appearance, not the photographer, he was so lovely and really put us at ease

*pics deleted*
    Oh i think you look so lovely! I know its hard, were all our own worst critics but you look happy, and like you're having fun and remember these are photos your son will be able to look back over and go "yup - thats my mum! Look how much fun we were having!" and its those memories that matter <3 You are beautiful. 
    Thanks ladies, I know I'm just being silly! I am biased of course but our son does look very cute in them - he's normally covered in mud and snot as he's a real boy's boy and digging in mud is hs favourite thing to do 😍
    Got to start a bit if self maintenance tonight as it's my hen do this Saturday! Need to dye my hair, & sort my eyebrows and nails. Oh and make a decision on my outfit.

No idea what I'm doing except I need a swimsuit, a going out outfit and I'm being picked up at 8am and don't need breakfast! I have my suspicions but we'll see if I'm right 😂
    Spotted your pics the other day but didn't have a chance to comment. As CDA says, we're our own worst enemy when it comes to things like this. I think you look lovely, the sparkle of being with your son and H2B is much more important and they are pictures he can cherish forever. But if SW helps you feel more confident for the day, then thats the main thing! 
    Have the best hen do!!
    Have a lovely Hen Do! I also thought your pictures were lovely. 
    Thanks ladies, that's really kind x

Well have spent the evening prepping for my hen do - I'm now plucked, shaved, dyed & exfoliated to within an inch of my life! Just got to try and get my nails sorted tomorrow. Looks like it's going to be a scorcher weather wise too which is great, there's always a nice atmosphere on nights out when the bars and restaurants have all their outdoor areas open!
  • Have a wonderful hen!! Looking forward to all the details 😍
    Have a fab Hen Do!! Cant wait to hear all about it!
  • FutureMrsTomlinFutureMrsTomlin Posts: 467 New bride
    Hope you've had an amazing hen! Lovely weekend for it weatherwise as well!