Town Centre Barn Wedding - Kent, August 2019

• MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,600 New bride
    edited 10 July
    Hen do was fab! I was picked up, taken for a McDonald's breakfast, then onto a hotel for a spa day - had a blissful massage and spent a lovely day in the pool and jacuzzi. Then we went to a Mexican restaurant where we had a really lovely meal & mojitos followed by naughty cupcakes, then we went onto the pub where we are getting married for more cocktails 😀
    It wasn't a raucous night and there were no nightclubs or dancing as I had lots of pregnant/non-drinking hens but nevertheless was a really fantastic day and night and I was very spoilt. So lucky that so many people made an effort to come.

Did my nails myself as no time to have them done!

Mexican restaurant

Hen cupcakes!

I won't post pics of anyone else without their permission so no group pics 😀
  • MrsRendall2BMrsRendall2B Posts: 714 New bride
    Glad you had a great time :) Sounds like a lot of fun! I certainly wouldn't miss nightclubs or raucous behaviour either haha. xx
  • CoffeeDogAddictCoffeeDogAddict Posts: 940 New bride
    Sounds so lovely!! A little bit of everything with people you love, what more could you ask for. 
    Glad you had a lovely time x
  • Sounds lovely! Glad you had a lovely time ☺️
    edited 3 June
    Also, here's a not very good pic of how lovely our venue looks all lit up at night, with the huge windows open in the room we are getting married in and fairy lights all over the garden! 
    T-12 weeks status report!

Truthfully apart from the hen I haven't done much wedding stuff recently.....I'm a bit bored of it all! Ironically only now that I've lost interest is everyone else suddenly wanting to talk about it 😂

We are at the tail end of it though, all we really need to do is:
    Order cake & doughnuts 
    Order flowers
    Finish dress fittings
    Write our speeches
    Finish a couple of DIY bits - a photo board and the seating chart
    Sort out who is doing what in the days before the wedding, like collecting stuff and setting up.

We are going to stay with the in laws for a few days next week and going to a particular suit shop called Field Bros in Leigh on Sea where C likes to buy all his suits, to hopefully buy his outfit.

Just waiting for the RSVP deadline for evening invites which is 15th June to pass and then we will know final numbers and can finalise that with our venue and pay our exact final bill. Just waiting for 2 relatives to tell me if their on/off partners are coming to the day, and waiting for loads of C's extended family and colleagues to RSVP for the evening - I won't be chasing evening people, if they don't reply I'll just assume they aren't coming!

So off we went to Field Bros yesterday, and we were a bit underwhelmed compared to our previous visit. They seem to have less stock than they used to and aren't able to offer longer length waistcoats or jackets, they just want to order stuff that's too big to get the length then we'd have to pay to have it altered down to fit C. He's ordered one in just to try on but to be honest they are at the top end pricewise and it pisses me off to pay more for a suit that won't fit then more for alterations!
    We're going to order a few suits online from companies who do offer longer length this week so we can compare them all next weekend.
    Finally managed to order the cake for our delivery date and managed to get a £5 off discount code so cost £75 in all for 2 tiers and 2 cutting bars. Relieved it's done!

• jjward2019jjward2019 Posts: 111 New bride
    MrsCToBee said:
    So off we went to Field Bros yesterday, and we were a bit underwhelmed compared to our previous visit. They seem to have less stock than they used to and aren't able to offer longer length waistcoats or jackets, they just want to order stuff that's too big to get the length then we'd have to pay to have it altered down to fit C. He's ordered one in just to try on but to be honest they are at the top end pricewise and it pisses me off to pay more for a suit that won't fit then more for alterations!
    We're going to order a few suits online from companies who do offer longer length this week so we can compare them all next weekend.

Have you tried Debenhams? My fiancé was a bit reluctant to go in as he didn’t think they’d have much that he liked but we’ve found a lovely ‘trendy’ suit by Hammond & co in a long length. Him and his brothers who are best man/ ushers are all over 6ft so we too needed a longer length 
    MrsCToBee said:

Have you tried Debenhams? My fiancé was a bit reluctant to go in as he didn’t think they’d have much that he liked but we’ve found a lovely ‘trendy’ suit by Hammond & co in a long length. Him and his brothers who are best man/ ushers are all over 6ft so we too needed a longer length 
    Thanks, unfortunately he is big & tall and Debenham's don't go up to his chest size. We are very limited on where we can buy him clothes!
    edited 14 June
    10 weeks and 2 days to go!

C being C he procrastinated about ordering the other suit so it didn't come in time - so now we have to make a decision about the suit at Field Bros tomorrow without anything to compare it to.  I'm just going to leave it up to him as I've got enough to deal with!

RSVP date for evening invites is tomorrow and still loads of C's family haven't responded. Bit annoying but not going to get my knickers in a twist about it.

Have spent the evening filling in the menu choices spreadsheet for the venue and slightly rearranging the seating plan as some kids need highchairs, so they can only sit on one side of some of the tables due to banquette seating the other side, doh! 🤦‍♀️

We STILL don't know if 2 of my sibling's partners are coming 🙄 I think I'm just going to leave them on the list and if they don't come they don't come. I'm quite sad about my BIL not coming as I've known him for 20 years, I actually was the one who introduced him to my stepsister, as he was best friends with my ex who has now passed away. My brother's girlfriend I've only met once so don't care either way if she comes 😂

C is off on his stag do on Thursday, he has no idea where he's going yet so got to get him all packed for that without giving him any clues - I keep just telling him he's going to Blackpool!

And it's only 15 days until Venice with my girls, and our make up trials are when we get back 🤩😎👰💃🍕🍝🍸🍹🥂

It's all go! 

Another 70 mile round  trip and the suit was a rubbish fit so we didn't buy it - and they made us feel really awkward about it! Back to the drawing board.
    Ordered C a suit from Jacamo which thankfully is a good length for him, just need to get my alterations lady to alter the shoulders slightly. Phew!
  • Nice!! glad you managed to find a solution and hopefully the alterations wont be too stressful. 
    My mission to find a dress to wear in the evening is getting difficult! I have seen loads I like but they either are out of stock or I order them and then they don't fit or don't look nice in real life.

I saw a Coast dress called Odette I like but it's out of stock everywhere, so I've bought the Little Mistress copy cat version to see what that looks like (if it comes - they have cancelled the last 2 orders I've done with them for other dresses due to lack of stock).

I also found this really nice Chi Chi dress on Evans but it's out of stock in my size - have ordered a size down but don't think it will fit me. I can't find it anywhere else 😭

Just waved C off on his 4 day stag do to Estonia - waiting for a picture of what they've dressed him up as........
    edited 10 July
    His face is covered in dodgy make up and he has a really crap veil on too 😂😂😂
    He's a bride and groom in one - I won't post the pic of him in just the tuxedo Morph suit or you'll be bleaching your eyeballs for the next week, all I will say is it has a crotch flap for peeing 😂 They've sat him on his own on the plane with some random people too while they all sit together 🙄

• Oh my god thats something else!
    edited 23 June
    Finished all the DIY tonight! Made a Welcome sign to replace the previous one I made and hated, and a sort of chronological photo board with pics from when we met in 2010 up until now . Thankful it's all done as with 9 weeks to go, I really need to start concentrating on the details and order of the day!

• GinAndBlingGinAndBling Posts: 1,280 New bride
    Ahh love it- my husband went to Talin in Estonia and absolutely loved it (although he came back v. hungover!). 
    Our planning thread: We're completely winging it.

My weightloss thread: Diet denial! 
    Ahh love it- my husband went to Talin in Estonia and absolutely loved it (although he came back v. hungover!). 
    Yes they were in Tallinn also, Thursday to Sunday - he came back last night and went straight to bed, and has taken today off work to recover! They did car paintball, archery, karaoke and even started a skipping competition in the main square at 2am apparently! Think there was also a strip club involved though C said you had to be v careful as some of the bars are a bit dodgy!

1 week today and I'll be in Venice with my girls!
  • MrsH2020MrsH2020 Posts: 57 New bride
    That picture is hilarious! My OH's stag do is in the planning stages at the moment (I'm friends with the groomsmen too so getting all the goss!) and Tallinn is potentially on the cards...

Also just wanted to say that from the picture I actually prefer the Little Mistress version of that dress  - hope you manage to get it!
    MrsH2020 said:
    That picture is hilarious! My OH's stag do is in the planning stages at the moment (I'm friends with the groomsmen too so getting all the goss!) and Tallinn is potentially on the cards...

Also just wanted to say that from the picture I actually prefer the Little Mistress version of that dress  - hope you manage to get it!
    They had a fab time, and it actually looks like a beautiful city too!

Both dresses are going back - the Chi Chi one is too small and the Little Mistress one is too big with long baggy arms and neither are in stock in the size I need anywhere! I have set up an email alert for if they come into stock but otherwise I'm going to just leave it now, I'm bored of looking. I could get what I want if I spent a couple of hundred quid but since I'm hoping to stay in my dress all day, I didn't want to spend much more than about £50.
    Well today is payday for both of us which means....the wedding is now fully paid for!!! Wooohoooooo!!!!

• MrsH2020MrsH2020 Posts: 57 New bride
    Congratulations!!
    Thanks @MrsH2020 it is such a relief!

Looking warm for hen do in Venice next week, though it's bloody warm here at the moment too!

• Woo thats fab news!! Your hen do sounds like its going to be so good!
    edited 10 July
    Back from a fab time in Venice, burnt to a crisp and covered in mosquito bites - it was just soooo hot! I've been there before and it was just so much hotter and more humid this time. Hope the severe strapmarks fade a bit in the next 7 weeks!!

We spent Monday sightseeing (my Fitbit tells me I walked 10 miles on Monday!!), then went to the beach on Lido island on Tuesday. Yesterday we just wandered a bit more and had lunch before heading to the airport. We had some really lovely meals and a few drinks, it wasn't boozy and no one got drunk, but lovely and chilled.

• CoffeeDogAddictCoffeeDogAddict Posts: 940 New bride
    That looks so fab! i'm so pleased you had a great time!! 
  • Cecilia13Cecilia13 Posts: 475 New bride
    It looks absolutely amazing 😍😍 so glad you had a lovely time, and good weather!