Town Centre Barn Wedding - Kent, August 2019

• A Venice hen do is the stuff of dreams! It looks amazing!
  • MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,949 New bride
    A Venice hen do is the stuff of dreams! It looks amazing!
    It was fab! We booked it with BA in their sale and we only paid £160 each for flights and 2 night's bed and breakfast! 😀
    edited July 2019
    Just over 7 weeks to go on Sunday and I have hit MAJOR PANIC MODE!! Suddenly seems to be so much to do!

Tomorrow the bridesmaids and I have our make up trial, and they are going to try on their dresses together with all their accessories and the sandals they have bought.

I have a huge A4 list of things to do this weekend, from getting the seating plans and other signs printed, to ordering the wholesale flowers, downloading the music, to speaking to the venue about final arrangements, to boxing up all the decorations by area with a list of what should go where. I feel a bit mean as C wanted to go on a day out with his parents and I said no, we just don't have time as we have so few free days left before the wedding, and he is on his friend's stag do for one whole weekend.

Then next week I have (hopefully) my final dress fitting, and the seamstress is also going to adjust the sleeve and trouser length of the suit we have decided on for C.

On top of all this work is absolutely manic, and the childcare we use 4 days per week have announced they are probably closing in 2 week's time so I'm desperately scrambling to try to find 4 days per week childcare from September, in an area where every preschool and nursery has a huge waiting list. Absolute nightmare.

In terms of wedding weight loss, let's just say that stressed is desserts backwards, and leave it at that! I wish I was one of these people who loses weight when stressed but it's the complete opposite :(

I'd love to say I'm excited but I'm just anxious and stressed to high heaven and at this point, can't wait for it to be over as it's one less thing to worry about in my manic life.
  • MrsW2020MrsW2020 Posts: 258 New bride
    Oh Mrs C, I'm sorry you're stressed! It'll be so worth it in the end when all your hard work comes together! Is there anything you can delegate to other people to take some of the load off?
    Thanks MrsW, I think it's just the realisation that the wedding is NEXT MONTH!!! 😱😱
    edited July 2019

As mentioned the bridesmaid's dresses no longer fit them so have had to order new. The new dresses have been dispatched so hopefully they'll be able to try them in the next week or two so we can make a final decision :)

• I love the make up, it looks really lovely. Gorgeous lip colour!
    I love the make up, it looks really lovely. Gorgeous lip colour!
    Thanks, the lipstick is Bobbi Brown in Rose Petal :)
    edited July 2019
    Since all my attempts to find an evening dress I liked failed (bar the £500 one I patently can't afford!) I'm now trying the tulle skirt route. I bought a really nice gold sequin t-shirt in the Next sale the other day and I've bought a white tulle skirt from Amazon to see what they look like together. Hopefully it will look OK and anyway, I'm hoping I can stay in my wedding dress all day and night so this is really just a fallback option.

Both the new bridesmaid dress options arrived today so hopefully the girls can try those on this week so we can make a final decision and I can stop stressing.

Meant to say, I gave the girls their 'wedding belles' PJs I got for a fiver each in the M&S sale and they both loved them and we all wore them around the hotel  room in Venice! Probably won't wear them on the day as they are a bit revealing with loads of people in the house.

Had my first email contact with the venue for ages yesterday too - and they are so good and have said they will do all our extra venue decoration, meaning C and the best men don't have to go and do it. They really are so accommodating, I can totally see why they win so many awards.
  • How exciting, and reassuring that they are on top of things!

The planning cycle is a weird one isn’t it? Mad first few months booking everything and paying deposits and then radio silence until just the last few weeks!
    How exciting, and reassuring that they are on top of things!

The planning cycle is a weird one isn’t it? Mad first few months booking everything and paying deposits and then radio silence until just the last few weeks!
    Yes exactly this! And life in general is manic at the moment too, our childcare has let us down for September so desperately scrambling to sort that, my gran is devastated as her dog died this morning so I'm trying to comfort her from work, and just a million life admin things to do as well as working full time - I'm just running on adrenaline at the moment!
    C told me last night that he's been listening to our wedding music playlist on Spotify and getting excited, which is really cute!
    edited July 2019
    Aaaaand I've just booked in my nail and brow appointments for the Friday before the wedding!

My to do list has gone from "eh, I'll do that at some point" to "how many things can I tick off today?"  😱😂😱😂

My seamstress is so clever! 🥰

Kid's activity packs and table plan completed tonight. Just about to put all the men's gifts in the bags 😀

• CoffeeDogAddictCoffeeDogAddict Posts: 1,341 New bride
    Those straps are fantastic! You cant tell any difference at all! 
    Love the table plan!! Hope its all going well :)
    @CoffeeDogAddict thanks, I'm so pleased with the straps! 
    The table plan was fine until I noticed I'd missed 2 people off one of the tables.....and one was C's nan 😱 Anyway I only made them on Canva and printed them via Photobox so easy enough to correct 😂
    edited July 2019
    Had my final dress fitting yesterday and so pleased with it! Now the straps are attached the panic over my arms has gone. I've actually lost a bit of weight too so it fits more comfortably. She's done a bustle too which I'm really pleased with. So now I have my dress at home all ready to go!

She now has C's suit and is doing his alterations.

We also went to the registry office yesterday and gave back our ceremony choices leaflet, so there's no changing our minds now.

My bridesmaids have been round today and we have sorted new dresses, they are wearing this Roman Originals multiway dress which they both said is really comfy - I'm so relieved that is sorted! They were also a bargain, reduced to £30 from £80. They are lovely quality jersey material and come with a bandeau top so they aren't too revealing.

They also had a go at putting me in my dress as none of us have ever dealt with corset backs before, or done the bustle, so it was needed 😂 But it was nice to have another try on and we all know what we are doing now!

• The bustle on your dress looks lovely! So glad it’s comfortable, I think that’s the most important thing really when it comes to wedding dresses!

Bathroom boxes and fans all boxed up!
  • MrsRendall2BMrsRendall2B Posts: 749 New bride
    Looking good!

Can I ask what you've put in your bathroom baskets? I was tempted then abandoned the idea but I figure I can get everything I'd need cheaply enough from home bargs so it's back on the table! 
    I wasn't going to do them, but so many people have mentioned they've liked them at weddings I thought I'd get a few cheap bits. I already had the boxes.

Men's:
    Plasters
    Antibacterial hand gel
    Hairspray
    Hair wax
    Deodorant/ body spray
    Safety pins
    Suncream
    Wipes
    Glasses wipes

Women's:
    Basically same as above plus
    Nail files
    Sanitary towels
    Panty liners
    Hand cream
    Hairbands

It's a combo of a few bits from Xmas gift sets we haven't used and a little spree around Poundland today. I decided against putting any tablets or medication in as we are having children at the wedding.
    Our venue sent our final invoice through tonight and it was £200 less than we thought it would be as they haven't charged us for the bank holiday minimum number of guests, which is very kind of them! I think because we are only 3 people under the minimum number anyway. Happy days, we seem to have been hemorrhaging money in the last few weeks so any savings are a bonus 😂
  • CoffeeDogAddictCoffeeDogAddict Posts: 1,341 New bride
    The dress looks fab! Sounds like you've had a few wedding wins so congrats!! The bathroom baskets look great and are definitely making me rethink doing them too! 
    edited July 2019
    The dress looks fab! Sounds like you've had a few wedding wins so congrats!! The bathroom baskets look great and are definitely making me rethink doing them too! 
    Thanks @CoffeeDogAddict , I feel like I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel now and the lists of things to do are actually going down. My mum popped round and shortened one of my flower girl's dresses which was a bit long last night and then I washed their dresses so they are all fresh for the day. Here they are with my son trying their outfits on at the weekend - don't they look cute!
    *pic deleted *
    The tulle skirt came and the whole outfit looked ridiculous so I really do give up this time!

And some of my relatives told me my welcome sign was crap and looked like a 5 year old had made it so I've ordered one off Vistaprint. I thought it looked OK but apparently not!
  • GinAndBlingGinAndBling Posts: 1,311 New bride
    Your dress looks fab. You might not want to change out of it! If I could’ve got away with it i would have worn mine the next day aha. 

Love the baskets, so handy to have. 

Haven’t seen your sign but how rude- were they offering to make it instead! People..

cant believe it’s 6 weeks! So exciting!
    Our planning thread: We're completely winging it.
    Our report: A fun, classic May day in navy and blush
    My weightloss thread: Diet denial!