β€Ί

Town Centre Barn Wedding - Kent, August 2019

• MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,750 New bride
    I'm hoping I won't want to change!

I know my sign wasn't professional standard but pfffft, I liked it! I might still put it up somewhere just to annoy them πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Here's the new one!

I know, nearer 5 weeks now! C is off abroad for 8 days tomorrow so hoping to get alot of sorting done while he's gone! It's really just a case of boxing stuff up and getting the house tidied all ready for the big day now!
  • How rude are some people? I would stick the original welcome sign right next to their table just to be annoying πŸ˜‚

im sure you won’t want to change out of your dress, it looks so nice why would you?! 

The days are galloping by and I have no real concept of what I’ve got to do πŸ™ˆ
    How rude are some people? I would stick the original welcome sign right next to their table just to be annoying πŸ˜‚

im sure you won’t want to change out of your dress, it looks so nice why would you?! 

The days are galloping by and I have no real concept of what I’ve got to do πŸ™ˆ
    Haha don't tempt me!

I'm just worried I'll be really hot in the evening, I'm one of those people who is always very warm and to be blunt, I'm a sweaty betty, and it's a heavy dress. I have relented and given it one last punt by ordering a pretty white cotton sundress from Monsoon, and if that's no good I truly will give up!

I have a to do list on my computer, I print it off once a week then at the end of that week I delete all the stuff I've done, add all the new things I've thought of and off I go again. It seems to be working.
    Spent 2 hours this afternoon having my hair colour sorted out for the wedding! I normally just dye it myself but thought I could justify going professional! 

I've pretty much finished writing my speech too, keeping it quite short but had a few things I wanted to say πŸ˜€
  • Oooo lovely! What colour have you gone for? 

Oh fab! I’m doing a speech too, did you google some ideas or just do it all yourself? I think I’ll end up improvising most of mine πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
    Oooo lovely! What colour have you gone for? 

Oh fab! I’m doing a speech too, did you google some ideas or just do it all yourself? I think I’ll end up improvising most of mine πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
    Much like my usual but done better! Very fluffy hair though, I asked them not to do the blowdry as I was running late πŸ˜‚

Mostly improvised, I did find @OmRum ' s speech in her report good inspo though!
  • Cecilia13Cecilia13 Posts: 499 New bride
    Hair looks great! :)

I'm supposed to be doing a speech too and I'm really struggling with what to say, especially how to start it off! Any advice?
    edited 21 July
    Cecilia13 said:
    Hair looks great! :)

I'm supposed to be doing a speech too and I'm really struggling with what to say, especially how to start it off! Any advice?
    I'm starting by mentioning a few anniversaries and birthdays which fall on our wedding weekend, then thank yous and a few words about my parents, bridesmaids, and saying thank you to new in laws for always being so welcoming.
    Then a few words about my fiance and our son, finishing up with a general thank you to all guests.

@Cecilia13 I'll inbox you a copy if you like - I don't know if it's any good but I've read it out loud and it takes 1 minute 45 seconds, so I guess 2 minutes with a couple of hecklers thrown in!
    The Monsoon dress is too tight and it's the biggest size it comes in - I accept defeat πŸ˜‚

Oh and our wedding is FIVE WEEKS today.

#shiiiiiiitdontpaniceeeeeekkkkkk!
  • CoffeeDogAddictCoffeeDogAddict Posts: 1,028 New bride
    Hair looks fab!!! Im not help with the speech im afraid, i daren't even think of things like that now haha. It sounds a good length though. 
    Eee 5 weeks! So exciting :)
  • 5 weeks yay!! It all feels so close now 😬😬😬😬 nerves are setting in hahhahahahhahaha HELP ME
  • 5 weeks yay!! It all feels so close now 😬😬😬😬 nerves are setting in hahhahahahhahaha HELP ME
    Holy shitballs I get married ONE MONTH TODAY 😱😱
    And things won't stop biting me 😭  Sod off mosquitoes!
  • It's so exciting to be so close!

I bought the strongest Jungle Formula repellent on holiday last month and I didn't get any more bites!
    Yes the jungle spray is the best! Max strength really works (I took it to the Gambia and didn't get bitten once and have been a big fan ever since because normally I get attacked non stop in the summer).
  • CoffeeDogAddictCoffeeDogAddict Posts: 1,028 New bride
    Wooo happy one month countdown!! Hope its all going well, and that the bugs leave you alone soon!
    Thanks ladies, have ordered some in my next food shop!

Well I bought the confetti from AdamApple on Black Friday last November and they promised delivery 1 month before the wedding. They were exceptionally true to their word as it arrived today, and it's beautiful πŸ˜€

• How much discount did you get on the black Friday sale if you don't mind me asking? I might order some this year if they do it again.
    How much discount did you get on the black Friday sale if you don't mind me asking? I might order some this year if they do it again.
    I just looked and I saved about Β£10, it was Β£30 instead of Β£40 for 4 litres plus shipping.
  • Thank you! ☺️
  • How exciting, and what lovely colours! I might also follow your lead and keep an eye out for sales over the autumn...
    Gorgeous 😍😍 makes me wish I was having confetti! I love the colours :)
    Thank you! ☺️
    No probs, I believe they do a 'Fiver Friday' type deal in general too.

I'm very into the idea of a good confetti shot, I've even made all my little confetti cones myself out of gold paper! Just got to work out how to get them all to stand up in the basket!
  • GinAndBlingGinAndBling Posts: 1,295 New bride
    Love your hair, and the confetti! 

Can't believe it is 5 weeks!
    Our planning thread: We're completely winging it.
    Our report: A fun, classic May day in navy and blush
    My weightloss thread: Diet denial! 
  • MrsCToBee said:
    Thank you! ☺️
    No probs, I believe they do a 'Fiver Friday' type deal in general too.

I'm very into the idea of a good confetti shot, I've even made all my little confetti cones myself out of gold paper! Just got to work out how to get them all to stand up in the basket!
    Yes I love confetti photos too, that's the only reason we're having it!

I love the sparkler send off photos too but I've already asked our photographer for some night time lights photos and know I won't want to waste loads of time doing photos at 10pm while everyone is partying!
    We've just paid the venue! I feel half relieved and happy that it's paid off now, and half sad as our savings account is now nearly empty when it used to have a lovely big fat number in πŸ˜±πŸ˜­πŸ˜‚.

All we have left to pay now is the flower order when I place it in a couple of weeks, and the wedding car and MUA on the day - money is all put aside for that.

So we're done. And we've done it all ourselves. I feel quite proud, sad as that sounds!

We also went for lunch at our venue today, and bumped into the manager, so managed to ask him a few questions we were going to email about, and confirmed the location of a few things as he & his staff are doing the decorating. We did find out there is a wedding the day after ours which means we need to go and collect all our stuff by 12pm, which is fine but glad I asked!

One thing that is so lovely about getting married in a pub is that you can just pop in there whenever you want. The other week I couldn't remember how many windowsills there were in our ceremony room to do flower vases for so I just popped in and had a look, no appointment needed. And we'll be able to go there for meals on our anniversaries πŸ˜€
    Tomorrow's job is to box up all the decorations with lists of what is to go where.  We were meant to be away this weekend at a family BBQ but it was cancelled due to rain and rearranged for next weekend, so now I have to try and do all next weekend's jobs now. C is meant to be helping me and I don't think he has a clue how much stuff we actually have πŸ˜‚ 
    I will actually be so glad to get my house, and especially our bedroom and shed back after the wedding. Going to try to sell what we can of the decorations quickly on local FB selling sites, and whatever is left will go to a local wedding charity shop. Just going to keep a few key bits we can hang on the wall, like our Welcome sign.