Town Centre Barn Wedding - Kent, August 2019

• MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,949 New bride

• Just catching up with your thread as I’ve been AWOL for aaaaaages. Your dress looks amazing! 

4 weeks - oh my god that’s gone so quick! How exciting. 
    So nice to see you back @CavalierBride, thank you!
  • MrsW2020MrsW2020 Posts: 258 New bride
    It's getting so close now and everything seems to be coming together really well! Well done to you both for getting so much paid off before the wedding as well!
  • MrsCToBee said:
    We've just paid the venue! I feel half relieved and happy that it's paid off now, and half sad as our savings account is now nearly empty when it used to have a lovely big fat number in 😱😭😂.

All we have left to pay now is the flower order when I place it in a couple of weeks, and the wedding car and MUA on the day - money is all put aside for that.

So we're done. And we've done it all ourselves. I feel quite proud, sad as that sounds!

I don't think it sounds sad at all! Weddings are expensive beasts (as well as stressful and logistical nightmares!) so I think its important to give yourself credit for doing it all!
    Thanks @CitytoCountry & @MrsW2020 !!

I found my evening dress! It's not white or ivory as I really wanted but still pretty I think, and matches our colours. You all knew I hadn't really stopped looking, didn't you 😂 

If I don't end up wearing it in the evening I can wear it on honeymoon, or to another wedding we are going to in September (is it too flash for a wedding guest??).

• Haha, it's too tempting when we can just look online whenever we fancy!
    It's a really lovely dress and definitely not too flashy for a wedding guest.
  • CoffeeDogAddictCoffeeDogAddict Posts: 1,341 New bride
    That's a lovely dress! Really nice that you can wear again on anniversaries or for other events too. 
  • Well done- your perseverance paid off!  That really is a lovely dress for the evening.
    Thanks ladies! Got my undies also, though I won't be wearing them under my dress. I imagine we'll just pass out on our wedding night so I'll save them for the minimoon.

edited July 2019
    25 days to go....finished sorting all the gifts last night, wrapped them all nicely and put them in bags with personalised labels on - we had to buy 2 last minute gifts as we now have another reader and my brother is doing a speech instead of my dad.

Work is manic & very stressful, C is being useless, I'm not sleeping well (not helped by a toddler who gets up at the crack of dawn each day!)  and I'm trying very hard not to be stressed but I am failing miserably. Took my little boy for a haircut last weekend and the barber butchered it so his beautiful curls are all gone and now he'll have an uneven short back and sides in our pictures - I actually cried.

I really want to get the flower order done so it's out of the way but you can only order a week or so in advance. 

We have completely run out of room in our house, I really want to get everything out and get it sorted into boxes but we just don't have any more room to put anything, and we don't have anyone who we can ask to store stuff as they all either don't have space, or smoke or have pets.

I really thought I'd be excited but I actually just feel really empty, down and alone with it all. People keep making offers of help but then when you try to pin them down they don't really mean it. C has had precious little to do but he hasn't done any of it, he only ordered a shirt this week after me relentlessly nagging him for over a month, and most were out of stock in his size so I'm praying they fit when they arrive as we could only find 2 in his size. His only other jobs are to speak to the best men about them doing the music/GoPro and to send the reading to his friend and he's done none of it, and instead of helping me wants to go out with his mates AGAIN this weekend (he's been on 2 3-day stag weekends in the last month alone). We keep arguing as I'm stressed up to my eyeballs and he's doing his usual "so laidback he's horizontal, don't worry it will be alright" routine. He doesn't realise it's always alright because I get stuff done while he's sitting on his arse and procrastinating. Am rapidly going off the idea of marrying the lazy bastard.

I do suffer from mild anxiety and depression and the stress has just triggered it I think, I'm desperately downing St.John's Wort to try to cheer myself up. Sorry for the moan, I'll probably delete this later but it makes me feel better when I write things down.
    I'm so sorry you're having such a bad time of it all. It sounds like everything is going a bit belly up all at the same time, compounded by poor sleep really makes it just dire. I don't have anything in the way of advice but i'm thinking of you, and sending you lots of chilla vibes <3
  • Oh no, I’m sorry you’re feeling so low-is there anyway your OH can stay and help you this weekend? Better still-he does the jobs and you have some downtime? I think weddings and planning things can have an effect on our minds and it’s easy to slip into feeling anxious, especially if you already suffer with it.  Maybe have some bone wedding time for you, go for a walk or have a nice bath and read a book and just unwind. I hope venting has made you feel a bit better x
    Tonight's job - assembling honeycomb lanterns and pom poms - the pom poms are more time consuming than you might think!

• CavalierBrideCavalierBride Posts: 353 New bride
    edited July 2019
    The evening dress is gorgeous and the pom-poms look fabulous! 

Im sorry you’re feeling low and sorry MrC is not being helpful. (I do think you’re giving me a vision of my future when you describe how he’s being - my one has got progressively less interested/useful as time has gone on and he wasn’t particularly so in the first place. He did make a huge fuss about how he would sort the honeymoon though, and was going on about Paris etc except guess what he didn’t so I ended up booking a uk week away and today he’s announced there’s a question mark over whether he can have the time off as he never got around to booking it. I told him that’s a shame but me and the dog are going either way so he best sort it or stay home I’m past caring). 

ANYWAY sorry to derail your thread with my own rant. I hope Mr C either doesn’t go out boozing or finds a way to keep it to a minimum and still manages to be helpful this weekend. I also hope you find some time for a little relaxation and pampering. I find listening to some guided meditations help with sleep and relaxation in general if that’s something you would try? I’ll see if I can find the link but if you google ‘glasgow Mental health guided meditation’ I think you should find the ones I really like - takes you to a mental health resources page and they’re either under ‘stress’ or ‘anxiety’. 
  • jjward2019jjward2019 Posts: 131 New bride
    MrsCToBee said:
    25 days to go....finished sorting all the gifts last night, wrapped them all nicely and put them in bags with personalised labels on - we had to buy 2 last minute gifts as we now have another reader and my brother is doing a speech instead of my dad.

Work is manic & very stressful, C is being useless, I'm not sleeping well (not helped by a toddler who gets up at the crack of dawn each day!)  and I'm trying very hard not to be stressed but I am failing miserably. Took my little boy for a haircut last weekend and the barber butchered it so his beautiful curls are all gone and now he'll have an uneven short back and sides in our pictures - I actually cried.

I really want to get the flower order done so it's out of the way but you can only order a week or so in advance. 

We have completely run out of room in our house, I really want to get everything out and get it sorted into boxes but we just don't have any more room to put anything, and we don't have anyone who we can ask to store stuff as they all either don't have space, or smoke or have pets.

I really thought I'd be excited but I actually just feel really empty, down and alone with it all. People keep making offers of help but then when you try to pin them down they don't really mean it. C has had precious little to do but he hasn't done any of it, he only ordered a shirt this week after me relentlessly nagging him for over a month, and most were out of stock in his size so I'm praying they fit when they arrive as we could only find 2 in his size. His only other jobs are to speak to the best men about them doing the music/GoPro and to send the reading to his friend and he's done none of it, and instead of helping me wants to go out with his mates AGAIN this weekend (he's been on 2 3-day stag weekends in the last month alone). We keep arguing as I'm stressed up to my eyeballs and he's doing his usual "so laidback he's horizontal, don't worry it will be alright" routine. He doesn't realise it's always alright because I get stuff done while he's sitting on his arse and procrastinating. Am rapidly going off the idea of marrying the lazy bastard.

I do suffer from mild anxiety and depression and the stress has just triggered it I think, I'm desperately downing St.John's Wort to try to cheer myself up. Sorry for the moan, I'll probably delete this later but it makes me feel better when I write things down.

I genuinely feel like you have taken my thoughts and written them down! This is completely me too at the moment so please don’t feel like you are alone! I hope things improve for you x 
    edited August 2019
    Thanks ladies - C has always been the most "mañana" person ever so I don't know why I thought this would be any different. Even his boss says his no 1 weakness is procrastination! I wouldn't mind so much but this is the wedding he wanted, not me!
    C did mutter something about him organising a couple of nights in Bruges @CavalierBride but nothing has come of it.

Sorry you're struggling too @jjward2019, hope you feel brighter soon x

Thanks @CoffeeDogAddict & @Blondiebride2019 😘

• Woooooohoooooooo!!!!
    🥳🍾🥂
    edited August 2019
    Yassssss!! <3 super exciting!!
    edited August 2019
    Got a call from the wedding car guy this morning that started, "would you mind if you had a silver car instead of the black one you've booked?" - turns out he thought his flight back from his holiday landed in the morning until his wife kindly reminded him they actually land at 2pm, just as our ceremony begins! Anyway he has a friend who also does wedding cars with exactly the same car in silver so he has now passed our booking over to him so at least I don't need to make alternative arrangements.

C's outfit is sorted, at long last - excuse the mess!
    He looks very smart! The suit looks like a great fit and I love the shoes!
    MrsW2020 said:
    He looks very smart! The suit looks like a great fit and I love the shoes!
    Thanks @MrsW2020 , my seamstress did a great job altering it, she's been a godsend!
    Found out last night our reader might not make the wedding due to visa issues - he lives in New York and needs to come back to renew his visa for various reasons, but his appt may be later than our wedding and he can't afford the trip twice obviously. Keeping our fingers crossed as he is one of C's best friends but we have a back up reader in mind to ask if he can't make it.
  • MrsA-NToBeMrsA-NToBe Posts: 206 New bride
    Just had a massive catch up... very much like your evening dress and definitely don't think its too snazzy if you did wear it as a wedding guest. The confetti is beautiful colours too. 
    Hope you're feeling a bit better about everything now, it'll all be worth it in the end, even if it doesn't feel like that currently. I can't believe how quickly time has crept up!
    Thanks @MrsA-NToBe , the first 2 years went slowly but the last 6 months have gone by in a flash!
    I am feeling a bit better thanks, just need some time at home to get organised!
    We've reached another weird lull - 3 weeks to go and apart from stuff that needs to be done the week of the wedding, we don't have anything left to do. So just trying to have a sort out and big clean up in the house and garden to minimise housework required closer to the time.
    I can't believe it's only three weeks to go! That's so soon! Does it feel really surreal that it's nearly here?