Forum home Your planning threads

Town Centre Barn Wedding - Kent, August 2019

1282930313234»

• I'm sorry to hear about the issues but I'm glad overall you had an amazing time! I'd love.to hear about it if you can be arsed but completely understand it's probably such a relief to be able to relax now! Congratulations 🎉
  • MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,957 New bride
    I will do a mini report when I get some pics through! We don't have that many yet except pissed selfies I took in the evening 😂 

All I will say is that my make up artist had a family emergency and I woke up to a text cancelling at 5.20am on my wedding morning, and panic ensued - where do you find a MUA in the early hours of the Sunday morning of a bank holiday weekend?  I couldn't contemplate doing my own make up to last in 31°c heat! But with the power of Facebook I managed it and an amazing MUA dropped everything and drove like a demon to get to me by 8.30am. Not the relaxed start to the day I envisaged...

• Oh my god that sounds so stressful! That picture is so lovely though!! You both look fantastic and glowing with joy!! 
  • annipooannipoo Posts: 288 New bride
    Oh no, that does sound stressful! Well done for finding someone so last minute. You look so happy in that picture.  :) How did you cope in the heat? 
  • MrsA-NToBeMrsA-NToBe Posts: 206 New bride
    Congratulations! Hope you had the best day... you both look so happy! xx
  • A cancellation on the morning of is literally my worst wedding nightmare! Major kudos to you though for managing to find an alternative! You look absolutely lovely in that pic- glowing with happiness!
    edited September 2019
    Thank you ladies! Oddly the heat didn't bother me too much, though other people were sweltering - but I was in the shade most of the day, and our venue has aircon in some areas which helped :)