Our travel themed barn wedding!

• The photograher 

I realise I mentioned earlier that I’d got a photographer but didn’t really give him a proper section! His name is Tim Emmerton and here are a few of the shots he’s taken...😍

We were going to get a videographer but it was a tad out of our budget, so that’s why my brother is capturing the footage for us :)

• Charleah wrote (see post):
    FutureMrsTomlin wrote (see post):

Just binge read and I am loving everything! Just want to say you look stunning in all those dresses and not at all like you need to lose weight! 

The suits sound fab, we're going for tweed as well, have you been to tweed and groom at Elsecar? H2B is getting his from there and they've been brilliant! 

How weird that I’ve just binge read yours 😂 they haven’t been there no! I will definitely mention that to him, thank you! And thank you bless you, I can’t wait to wear my dress ☺️ Yours looked beautiful too! 

Hahaha that is such a coincidence! Can't wait to hear what else you have planned! 

• CharleahCharleah Posts: 248 New bride
    edited December 2018

I’m baaaack. I really need to get on tonight and have a read of some other people’s blogs cause I’ve been so busy I’m a massive let down. I’ve been sat on a train that’s been stationary for about an hour and a half now cause there’s a tree on the track and they won’t let us off..so I thought I’d do a bit more blogging! Actually ya know what *train rant* why do they just stop functioning in the winter? IT DOESN’T MAKE SENSE!

So I’ve just read back through that favors bit and it’s so typical me - going totally over the top and buying everything in sight. But I figured that if one is a cookie.. and one is alcohol.. then they ain’t getting strewn on tables and forgotten about...not with my family anyway. We like to eat and drink....

SO the invites have well and truly been sent! That’s it now, I’ve definitely gotta marry the guy...he he he. We’ve had quite a few RSVP’s but I’m still impatiently waiting for more. I think it’s cause I’m the kinda girl who, when receives an invite to anything, wants to immediately respond. But hey ho we’ll see. 

In other news, I had my hair and makeup trial last week! I’m SO glad I did it because unbeknown to myself, it turns out I’m actually fairly fussy...here’s me looking the best I’m ever gonna get (minus my dress) 

I have surprised myself and gone with a classic updo look..the plan is to have it more of a messy and less complete look on the actual day - I’m not a fan of the curls at the back. The idea of red lips has gone completely out of the nearest window!! Once she’d gone all out on the smokeylicious eyes 👁 I realised quite quickly that red lipstick was going to make me look nothing short of either A) a clown B) a hooker or C) a clown hooker and so went against it.

I am now opting for the more neutral nudey-pinky-browny subtle lip. Anyway it’s all rather boring talking about makeup and much more fun just buying makeup and putting it on. Here some more pics to keep you occupied..I’m off to read some more of your wedding planning. 

☝🏼Attractive as ever 

UPDATE: TWO sodding hours I was on that train...who wants to boycott Northern Rail with me? 

***Update ✌🏼 Hair & makeup by Nala & Knot 

• I've just binge read your thread and have no idea how i never found it before!! I LOVE your writing style, you're hilarious and honest, and its just so refreshing!! 

The hair and make up looks lovely!! I think the trade off for the eyes Vs lips is fair, you have lovely eyes so its nice to accentuate them :) 

Super excited to see it all come together! 
    Thank you CoffeDogAddict (just realised that also describes me 😅) I try my best haha. I noticed yours and I need to have a read cause you’ve written so much! Thanks for reading ☺️
  • MrsGB2015MrsGB2015 Posts: 3,616 New bride
    Love all your ideas - the favours are all so cute and personal! 

Just skipping back to the dress part, you look amazing in all of those - 100% dont need to lose weight and how you didnt slap that woman is beyond me, how rude of her!!

Also, I share a bday with your H2B - what a great day to be born - hahaha! xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015
    Miracle Baby due April 2020

"The greater your storm, the brighter your rainbow"
    Jewelry 
    Forgot to mention I got these bad boys to go in me ears (well where else would they go?) I’m keeping it muted with bling - just my earrings and my ring, as the dress requires simplicity. 

So cute and funny moment..I sent these pictures to my momma to ask if she liked them and she was like funnily enough Er yes I do like them because these are what I wore on my wedding day...

♥️
    MrsGB2015 thanks for your lovely comments..losing weight is not fun and trust me...I wanted to give that woman a punch 😂 I have done well with the weight loss so far - I still want to shift a few more pounds though. I made this progress photo the other day. The left is me in Vegas when we got engaged and the right is me a few days ago at work. 

And i know - February is the best month to be born ;) and to have weddings hehe 
  • MrsGB2015MrsGB2015 Posts: 3,616 New bride
    100% with you there - I have been losing weight for our IVF treatment and damn its hard - You dont need peoples stupid comments, who gives them the right.

For what its worth, you've done so well but you looked good anyway hun!  I know what its like though, when you just want to shift more, do what makes you happy - noone else! 

Also, 100% with that last comment too - I am so all over planning my birthday already - I am such a kid haha xx
    Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015
    Miracle Baby due April 2020

"The greater your storm, the brighter your rainbow"
    edited December 2018
    The finer details 

Also wanted to update that my awesome, creative, wonderful younger brother has been beavering away in my parents garage on his woodwork for our wedding. My brother who we’ll call T, is a very serious and studious kind of guy. He never really says more than a few words and he’s a real old soul. I’ve always been very close to him, even when we don’t say much to each other, we can just be happy in each other’s company and I think I can relate to him better than most. As I noted earlier, T is filming the wedding for us with his lovely girlfriend. He’s such a talented photographer, it’s just one of his many talents. Here’s one of his photos he took recently which I just love. 

He’s recently taken up woodwork and so alongside that he also offered to make us some things for the wedding that have been incredibly pricey to buy online. As mentioned before he was working on our guest globe, he has made us an easel for our seating chart, some stacked wooden crates for the entrance way to put flowers in and that Peaky blinders sign I posted before! 

Edit: The crate says Holland brew cause that’s my surname to be! 

I’ll have to get a picture of the globe cause I can’t find it  

I’ve said that we should hand out business cards to the venue to advertise his work for future weddings!

Went to my parents on Saturday as we were going out to see my FSIL’s gig. When we got there my brother showed me some more work he’d done on the Peaky blinders sign he’s making us. At the wedding we’re having a gin cocktail bar, so the sign will go next to it. It will read “by order of the Peaky Blinders it’s gin o clock. 

So with the nod to the Peaky Blinders we have going on, we also thought it would be lovely to have a swing band on before the DJ to get everyone up and dancing. But to be honest, we’ve been looking and they are just so expensive and it’s been stressing me out a little trying to find the right one. So when we went to my FSIL’s gig on Saturday and saw how many people they had up dancing, we just thought why don’t we ask them to play. To be honest I had given it a thought but with her already being a BM, I wanted her to be able to chill and have a good time and not have to worry about having to work essentially. But FMIL seemed to think that she would find it an honour to be asked. So we got their band together and they were all so happy to be asked and said they would definitely want to play for us. We might have to push the DJ back a little later but it will be great to them play cause they’re such a great band and she’s an amazing singer! 

• Wow just finished it!  I love everything that you're doing, hair and make up look fab and well done on your weight loss.  I only want to lose 8lbs for my wedding, but because I know I can lose it easily, I'm not taking it seriously and just keep going down and up, so yesterday I joined Slimming World Online to give me a push! Fingers crossed!

How cute that your earrings are so similar to your mum's from her wedding day, that's so lovely!

How did the second dress go the other day? 
    Thanks Jessica Rabbit! I think I’ve been a bit up and down with the weight loss and had the same mind set as you, only I had a lot more to lose than just 8 pounds 😂🙈 I would lose 2 pounds and then reward myself with a pizza 🤣🤣 good luck with your weight loss journey - I’m sure you’ll smash it. 

I’ve tried 2 second dresses on and both haven’t made me go wow. So I’ve gone with a bold move and decided to get a wedding jumpsuit! I won’t put it on until about 8.30pm on wedding eve - when the party is well underway. Ive ordered it to try on, so I’ll post pictures if I love it.

• Love the idea of a wedding jumpsuit! Fingers crossed for you! Looking forward to see more of your planning 
    Another little Etsy purchase...

I am a daddy’s girl 👧 

edited December 2018
    While we’re on the subject of cufflinks...

I forgot to mention I’d bought these for Mat when we first got engaged as a little gift for him to celebrate. One has Barnsley on the map where we live and one has Las Vegas where we got engaged! It relates to the travel theme too 😁

• They’re so sweet! What a brilliant idea. I’m sure your dad will love them
    Baby it’s cold outside... ❄️ 
    So since I will be a Winter bride I thought I best get myself something snug to keep me warm! I had a little look at the weather report for February. I don’t think it’s accurate yet cause the other day it said snow - I love snow and as long as it’s not so much that our guests will have to ski to the venue, I’ll be happy 😁 - but I just checked it again and now it says ‘considerably cloudy’ ...ew. Oh well, I have this lovely faux fur wrap to keep me warm 😊

edited December 2018

My Something Old & Borrowed

My mum gave this four leaf clover broach to attach to my bouquet. I love it because it’s an Irish touch to the big day and I am of Irish heritage with my ancestors starting out in Cork. 

My Something Blue

My garter has blue on it - I wasn’t really fussed about a garter but then I found a discounted one from Topshop and my mum insisted on getting me one. Also there are bits of blue in my bouquet. 

My Something New

This is my beautiful dress and veil which my mum and dad paid for. I just can’t wait to wear them. This is the lovely bridal shop lady trying it on for me 😄

A Sixpence For My Shoe

A sixpence for my shoe was bought for me by my maid of honour. She’d actually kept hold of it since we were 16 years old and saved it for the day I got married. She wrote this poem to go with it. 

So, I hope you like my traditional little things! Can’t wait for everything to come together! 😍

• MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,942 New bride
    Ah how lovely of your best friend!
    Thank you MrsCToBee! I cried when she gave it me 😄🥰
    Cards & other ramblings

I bought these little initial mugs from anthropologie that were in the sale to spell out the word cards - I’ll have them on a table with all the other little bits like that guest globe etc. actually I’ve got a picture of that to show you! 

How cool?! The globe has been painted so that people can write on it and will be fixed onto it soon. The base will also be varnished, primped and preened. Also T is putting a little compass in that hole bit on the bass of it. I will post another update when it’s finished! 

...I haven’t really got something to put cards in as of yet so still thinking on that one. Although my FSIL’s partner (who is also quite the craftsman) - notice I’m not doing anything DIY myself here - has made us a ‘wooden map box’ which we are using for ‘words of wisdom for the bride and groom.’ I’m not sure if it will fit cards in it though...

We aren’t very smushy wushy people and when I hear readings at weddings, as lovely as they are - well, I just tend to get a bit bored and fidgety. Is that bad? Plus sometimes they can just go on forever! However we knew we needed to lengthen the ceremony out somehow - I don’t want to do the super quick I Do’s and then wham bam thankya mam off we go back down the aisle! So we decided we would ask a few couples in our close family if they would kindly stand up and read out their words of wisdom. We’ve had a bit of a mix so far - some funny, some soppy/sentimental and some just erm unoriginal 😂 some people have just ignored our request and decided they don’t want to do it. But that’s ok, standing up can be scary! 

Here is the ‘WoW’ box. 

Further Ramblings...

So, as of late I’ve been having to commute into and out of work via train. I’ve mentioned my previous love of trains 😅 but the nice thing about it (before I get my coffee) is the 45 minutes I get to myself to chill and read planning threads and wedding reports! It’s a nice little bit of me time before I get to work and the madness ensues! I work in a college with the mysterious breed that are teenagers and I LOVE it but I have a new job that starts next year! My official finish date at work is next Wednesday which is just the most terrifying but liberating thing ever cause I’ve been there 5 years! BUT I’m moving on to be a Emergency Call Handler for the Yorkshire Ambulance Service which I have waited to do forever and I am so excited about starting! ...however...the 6 week training for the job was supposed to start in feb...and they wouldn’t let me have 2 days off for the wedding! 2 poxy days 🤦🏻‍♀️

So they’ve said I will have to start in the next set of training and they don’t know when that is 🤷🏻‍♀️..I’m quite laid back about it though because now I’ve got a bit of a break from work and I may have found a barista job near my home (which means no trains 🚂 🙌🏼) which I can start in the mean time.

All the while I’m just like OMG look at all these December brides who will be writing their reports soon!!! How crazy is that?! The weekend after next it will be 2 months till our big day!!! *audible gasp*
    Men!!!

Can I just ask...why are men so rubbish? Okay why is my H2B so rubbish? Here I am being super organised (which I can assure you is nothing like me) and he STILL hasn’t got the suits sorted. Come on! There’s only so much nagging I can do before even I get bored of the sound of my own voice. 

He’s going to look for the fourth time this Saturday and I just hope that he finds something 🙃 

My dad keeps asking when he can buy his suit and I’m like mate I don’t know cause he doesn’t even know. None of us know. Except I don’t call my dad mate cause that would be weird. One of the groomsmen made a joke about ‘just getting the suits from Tesco’ or something and when I responded with “Is this guy trying to wind me up?” All he could was laugh 😆 I refuse to be called a bridezilla about this. 

Actually the best part is - we’re going to a fancy dress party for New Year’s Eve and we’re going as Ron Burgundy and Veronica Corningstone - he’s spent more time and effort in this last week looking for a burgundy suit to wear for that, than he has in the last 6 months trying to find a wedding suit. 

Men. 
  • Oh i feel you! Hopefully you can get a rocket up his backside soon and get them sorted! 
    My FH is similar, but hes the one that wanted a traditional wedding ( I wanted to elope) yet im the one being questioned about bloody napkin colours  :D Like I care!

Hope the last few days of your work goes well, and make the most of a bit of a break in the career, it does wonders for the soul!
  • Jessica RabbitJessica Rabbit Posts: 246 New bride
    edited December 2018
    Hey!  I've just been catching up on your tread, love the poem from your MofH, I would have cried too!  Urgh men, definitely, we're 3 months away from our wedding, he's very recently managed to sort his own suit out, but he's not sorted the groomsmen out yet, apparently he's going to do that over Christmas.  And because of this, ties and pocket squares aren't sorted and flowers aren't finalised, because we're not sure what colour suit the groomsmen will end up having.

I can't wait to see the finished globe too, it's going to be amazing!

How exciting re: work, I bet you can't wait for the "break" in between jobs.
    Oh i feel you! Hopefully you can get a rocket up his backside soon and get them sorted! 
    My FH is similar, but hes the one that wanted a traditional wedding ( I wanted to elope) yet im the one being questioned about bloody napkin colours  :D Like I care!

Hope the last few days of your work goes well, and make the most of a bit of a break in the career, it does wonders for the soul!
    Thank you for empathising with me 😂 I know that he’s not the first man to delay the whole process! I just want to be able to tick everything off...it’s like people that don’t RSVP..drives me mad 🤣
    Hey!  I've just been catching up on your tread, love the poem from your MofH, I would have cried too!  Urgh men, definitely, we're 3 months away from our wedding, he's very recently managed to sort his own suit out, but he's not sorted the groomsmen out yet, apparently he's going to do that over Christmas.  And because of this, ties and pocket squares aren't sorted and flowers aren't finalised, because we're not sure what colour suit the groomsmen will end up having.

I can't wait to see the finished globe too, it's going to be amazing!

How exciting re: work, I bet you can't wait for the "break" in between jobs.
    Thank you for reading, its nice knowing I’m not talking to myself 😂 

I think because H2B has 2 best men, 5 groomsmen, my dad, his dad & stepdad and then we have to get ties and pocket squares for the two ushers too...it’s a lot so I don’t want to leave it too late! We’ve decided on the colour though so that’s a good start! - Hope you manage to get yours sorted too ☺️

And yes yes I cannot wait for the break 🙌🏼🙌🏼
    My weird hair accessories journey 

So I posted another thread for advice (which some of you may have seen) to ask for opinions on two different hair pieces. 

The first hair clip I bought back in April when wedding planning was fun and exciting and new. I was like yeahhh my bridesmaids are wearing teal, yeeeah this hair flower vine thing is so pretty yeeeah it’s really expensive but I’m gonna purchase it anyway. 

Anyway I don’t like it, it’s too big, it doesn’t go, it’s too much of a statement. I can’t send it back 🙃 Now I’m tryna sell it so if anyone wants it...

The second purchase was the hair comb which is just your standard vintage-y pearl bridal comb that I bought cause it goes with my earrings. But when my hair stylist put it in my hair for the trial I just wasn’t feeling it. Then I reverted back to flowers....again I’m selling this comb if anyone wants it 😂

This time I swear it’s my last one. Well...it’s not arrived yet so we’ll see. It’s small, understated, got flowers which match my colour scheme. I’ll post pictures when it arrives 🙂

• Your faux fur wrap is lovely and the poem from your MOH is so sweet. Hopefully your H2B will get the suits sorted soon! Your new hairpiece is very pretty, I’m sure it will look gorgeous, and go really well especially as the flowers match your colour scheme.