Our travel themed barn wedding!

• Ah that topper is so cute!!! What a lovely idea!
  • Loving your updates  :) 

How are you feeling, now it's getting closer?  We have about 11 and a half days to go  :#<3
  • CharleahCharleah Posts: 248 New bride
    Loving your updates  :) 

How are you feeling, now it's getting closer?  We have about 11 and a half days to go  :#<3
    Eeeeek I’m just one day behind ya! Not feeling much yet but I think this time next week I’ll start to feel much more nervous/excited! How you feeling? X
  • I'm feeling really good, but then again, ours is really low key. Everything that can be done, almost has been done, so just a case of waiting 😁😊
  • Just binge read your thread!!

Ooh, not long now, you must be so excited.  I can't wait to see what dress you went for in the end!
    I'm absolutely loving how you've pulled together the travel theme!
  • I've not been on here for a while, loved catching up on what you've been up to, I can't believe it's so close! 
    Thanks guys for reading...the newbies and the ones who have kept with me through the past year!! It’s 10 days to go now! How incredibly bizaaaare! 

I’ve just been stressing today trying to put final bits together because we’ve lost everything that was meant to go on the New York table so we’ve just had to buy more :( I hate losing things and wasting money but hey ho can’t be helped! 

We went to ikea today and managed to get a couple more globes for centerpieces which you can write on with chalk pen which is cool. We also got some fake flowers to go on top of signage and in the entrance display. We found some clocks for like 1.25 each so we bought 5 and then we’re gonna mount them onto this shelf and have countries written underneath (with the time of that country displayed). 

Also bought a bunch of toiletries to stick in baskets for the toilets and some scratch cards for the Vegas table. 

So a good trip really! My final dress fitting ever is on Wednesday 😁 I have lost about 6/7 pounds since I went to my last one and I’m fairly happy with that. I keep eating Creme eggs so it’s kinda been tough. 

Oh and we’re gonna go pick up our rings tomorrow so that’s cool. 

I will post any further updates & also hope that this cold I’ve just got kindly buggers off! I think I might start wearing a mask 😷 
  • Your wedding will be amazing 😍 I really hope you do a report later xxx 
    Yet another dress fitting...

So this evening I went for what was supposed my last dress fitting but I’ve now got another one booked for next Wednesday morning. The seamstress hadn’t actually done a whole lot. We’d asked her to take the cups out and replace them with ones that actually fit my boobs but instead she’d just taken them out. So it just looked weird and I was flapping a bit, the lovely dress shop lady went down to get some c cups so she could show me what they look like in the dress and it was sooo much better. So the seamstress is going to sort that for next week thank god. She was also supposed to make the sleeves fitted but she’d not done that either! There was also a thread pulled on my shoulder too which my mum pointed out to them. Anyway I’ve emailed them to let them know everything that needs to be done for Wednesday. Ya kinda expect these things to be right when you’re spending so much money! I was also getting a bit worked up cause you can see my belly button through the dress, so I’ve ordered some pants that go up over it - and from some aggressive googling I’ve seen a trick where you put a bit of cotton wool in your BB and then I’ve bought this belly button plaster cover thing. I shall see if it all works next week and fingers crossed it will be the last time!!

Next Wednesday will be manic cause not only do I have the fitting at 10am, I then have to go get my ears syringed at 3pm (this is something I have to get done every few years and it just so happens they’re getting plugged up now 🙄) and then my nails done at 6pm!! In between afternoon appointments I’ve also got the cookies being delivered so my mum and dad are gonna come round and help package them up with the other favours! I think I’m gonna be pretty stressed and in need of a drink on Thursday 😂 

But we picked up the rings today and both fit us perfectly so at least that’s one thing! 

Its about 8 days now! 
  • So sorry that you are having troubles with your dress. It's so difficult when you have timescales for things and they don't happen because of outside influences. Fingers crossed that it all goes smoothly on Wednesday xxx
    Thank you my lovely YAYW friend 😘 
    Oh yes - and we realised today that the sleeves are shorter than we thought which means room for a bracelet! So my mum ordered me this beautiful pearl one that will come express delivery! An added bit of sparkle to go with my earrings ☺️❤️

• Just caught up on everything, and it sounds so lovely! I love the clocks idea with the different times :).
    Sorry that must have been stressful with the seamstress but I'm sure it will all be ready and you'll look amazing.
    How exciting it's so soon!! I can't wait to see how everything turns out :)
    Thank you for reading @Cecilia13 heres a picture of the clocks idea I took yesterday :) 

• GinAndBlingGinAndBling Posts: 1,311 New bride
    Just caught up! Love the bracelets. The clocks are such a a clever idea. 
    Our planning thread: We're completely winging it.
    Our report: A fun, classic May day in navy and blush
    My weightloss thread: Diet denial! 
    Iss my birthday and I get married in one week! 😱 🎂 🎈 👰🏻 
  • MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,949 New bride
    Happy birthday! All the best people are born in February 😉🎂
  • Happy birthday and happy one-week-wedding-countdown! 
    Quick update as we are off to Bolton tomorrow! I should fall asleep quite easily tonight as it’s been non stop activities today and I’m shattered! 

I had my final dress fitting today and the dress fits me perfectly! I can’t wait to post pictures to you guys soon 😆 

I’ve also had my nails done 

The bridesmaids have gone with a sparkly dark red. 

The cookies were delivered today and they are *awesome* - here is photo evidence of us making up alcohol and cookies etc

Like a Harry Potter potions class. 

My lovely mum helped put everything together as my fine motor skills are severly lacking. 

I was going to get picture of all the boxes we had in our living room but I forgot and now they live in the van. Venue tomorooow, setting up from about 12pm and then we’ll go get an early tea at around 4pm and then drinks at the hotel! So excited to see all our family and friends together! 🥰

I think this might be my last planning post other than to say omgossshbsmsosnj I’m so excited on the morning 😂

Wish me luck! And pray I don’t fall over or lose a shoe or something else inconvenient. 
  • MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,949 New bride
    Good luck, hope you have an amazing day!
  • Have an absolutely amazing wedding day ❤
  • Aw exciting! Wishing you an amazing day! xx
  • Hope you have an incredible day!!! I cant wait to see photos and hear all about it <3
    Have an amazing day!! 
  • I hope today has been wonderful! I can’t wait to hear/read all about it xxx 
    YAYYYYY ♥️♥️♥️
  • Happy wedding day! Have a wonderful day!