โ€บ

Relaxed Summer Wedding in the Chilterns,

• Cecilia13Cecilia13 Posts: 369 New bride
    FutureMrsDraper wrote (see post):

Just caught up on everything! It all looks incredible - I am actually in love with the pom poms

The dark red lipstick looks stunning - I hope you go for it

Thank you :) I think I will, it makes me feel much more confident!

• Love your hair piece! Think it's so nice that you've found two that are so similar! 

Also your hen sounds brilliant, so lovely how considerate she's been to everyone's situations - I'm sure you'll have the best time! 

This is before most of the makeup so ignore my face, but we just did a rough attempt at twisting the hairpieces together (we'll do it properly later) and it's really pretty!

• MrsS85MrsS85 Posts: 688 New bride

hope you are over your cold now, Your hair pieces look lovely together.

We tried wet-look hair and I sort of love it! But I'd grow my hair just a little bit if we do this so it isn't so severe.

image image image image image image

• It looks incredible together, will be perfect in the evening as a bit of a statement! 

• This whole look is goals. You look amazing and I love your lipstick. 

Thanks :) I'm not used to seeing my whole forehead so that feels a bit funny but from the side I'm really happy and I love the way she did my makeup. There's a better pic of that here, but pre-hair (it was just spiked up to get it out of the way at this point):

I really like all the colours, I wasn't sure how I'd feel with the dark under my eyes but actually it made my eyes stand out more and they're the only thing I actually wouldn't change so I like to bring focus to them .

Now I just need to buy the really nice foundation and concealers (used hers) but they're so expensive eesh! I'm not gonna take lots of good makeup on my trip to Russia so I might just get it all after Christmas.

Talking of Russia.. trying to make sure all the big things are tied down before I go (12 November). I'm worried I'll miss something really important, but the main thing is the Invitations are going to go out after Christmas and so I need to finish those, but I've been composing a piece that's being premiered at the Bloomsbury festicls on Friday 19th, so that's taken up most of my headspace recently!

One of my accessories arrived yesterday (on a Sunday?!). It's such a small thing that won't really be visible, but for some reason it's one of the things I was most excited about: my tulle socks! They're a slightly funny shape, and they have an annoying seam on the toe so I'm hoping to be able to tuck that underneath or something, but I love that there's a superdose of ME under it all. Shiny blue shoes and sparkly tulle loose socks with gold stars on. I'm determined to have a photo with me holding the front of the dress up to show them off. Sorry only rubbish pictures!

image imageimage

Socks are by Lirika Matoshi (via Free People) and shoes are Pinko (via charity shop in Ealing), and I'll change into trainers (that I will bedazzle) when they inevitably start to kill my feet. 

• nicki126nicki126 Posts: 248

Your look is SOOOO versatile! I'm very jealous - I don't seem to look any different no matter what I try to do!  I have very long straight hair...which should be versatile but really isn't!

nicki126 wrote (see post):

Your look is SOOOO versatile! I'm very jealous - I don't seem to look any different no matter what I try to do!  I have very long straight hair...which should be versatile but really isn't!

When mine was long (aaaages ago) I used to get really frustrated because it's super straight and fine, and I could never do anything with it, although I did settle for a fringe for a while which I liked. But I found the shorter I cut it the more life it had, and also it means that anything you do to it always changes around your face so always seems more drastic. Plus I can just do nothing to it and it dries so quickly and it's so easy! 

But while it's versatile, it also isn't viewed by many people as flattering or pretty, and I look at people with long lovely hair and I'm jealous with all the things like braids and updos and all sorts that can be done. I think the grass is always greener, I always wanted super curly hair!

It's also not very bridal. My dress and veil are super traditional, but my hair and weird tulle glitter socks and things are keeping it more me, so I'm hoping it balances out!

• Candice9Candice9 Posts: 230

But while it's versatile, it also isn't viewed by many people as flattering or pretty, and I look at people with long lovely hair and I'm jealous with all the things like braids and updos and all sorts that can be done.

Both you and your hair are absolutely beautiful, don't let anyone tell you otherwise!

Candice9 wrote (see post):

But while it's versatile, it also isn't viewed by many people as flattering or pretty, and I look at people with long lovely hair and I'm jealous with all the things like braids and updos and all sorts that can be done.

Both you and your hair are absolutely beautiful, don't let anyone tell you otherwise!

Thank you! I really don't feel it, especially at the moment, so it's really nice to read that :)

• That is such a good look for you!! I'm envious of how well you pull off such bold looks, you fully just own it! 

The two hairpieces together look really good, you cant tell theyre not one! 

For the make up id say (depending on the brand) if its sold in Debenhams, sign up for their beauty card (its free) and their newsletters, every couple of months they have a sale with anything from 10%-20% off all beauty and make up, and you get points on the beauty card for it too. They always send emails with a bit of a heads up, so you can plan heading to a store if need be.  

CoffeeDogAddict wrote (see post):

That is such a good look for you!! I'm envious of how well you pull off such bold looks, you fully just own it! 

The two hairpieces together look really good, you cant tell theyre not one! 

For the make up id say (depending on the brand) if its sold in Debenhams, sign up for their beauty card (its free) and their newsletters, every couple of months they have a sale with anything from 10%-20% off all beauty and make up, and you get points on the beauty card for it too. They always send emails with a bit of a heads up, so you can plan heading to a store if need be.  

Thanks . I certainly didn't used to be bold but I got tired of trying to look like everyone else.

Thanks for the tip, I definitely will do that! It's going to really add up so that would be really useful . 

• Ashley72Ashley72 Posts: 1,135 New bride

Wow. I would never have the confidence not looks nor general coolness to rock that hair or makeup as I think it is SO striking and just fabulous on you. I mean, very very few people I’ve ever seen pull off wet look hair and there you are just owning it and looking gorgeous. I actually love that whilst your day dress is very traditional you’re giving it your own twist with your hair and makeup. Great idea with the double hairpiece too. 

Aw thanks so much Ashley72! I actually struggle sometimes confidence wise, but I realised I don't feel confident whatever I wear or however I style myself so I now just go for what I like, regardless, and I have to say it's a lot of fun and I've gotten WAY more compliments since I decided to just play with colour and glitter and vintage things and weird hair! It distracts from how I actually feel about how I look underneath it all, and I just go for it. I have some completely irridescent raincoats in shocking pink and mermaid colours that have literally stopped children in their tracks haha! I think anybody can pull these things off if you just go for it and you get used to the weird pretty quickly.

And that's the thing, my dress is so not what I expected to choose. I absolutely love it and think it's spectacular, I just want to still inject some 'me' into it all and contrast it :)

I agree with what Candice and Ashley have already said, you have such a strong sense of style Cecilia and you wear it so well.. don't let anyone make you feel any different.

Can you get any of your make up at duty free when you are travelling?

Thank you Mrs S :)

That's really good idea, I hasn't thought of that. I'll be going through airports a few times before Christmas so I should definitely have a look!

Talking of which.. my visa application tracker says my passport is ready to collect to I am going tomorrow to find out if they actually are letting me come to Russia for a month and a half! Eeeeek so nervous!

I've decided to write my reception speech while I'm there. I will be way from Ralph for so long and I think it will be a really nice thing to focus on and feel close to him when I'm on sleeper trains across Siberia or staying in the middle of forest 70km outside Moscow, or the Kamchatka Peninsula..

Public speaking absolutely terrifies me, but I'm determined to do it well. I'll thank people who need thanking etc, but as we won't be doing personalised vows I would like to speak about him, and I will love thinking about him and all the wonderful things I can talk about while I'm missing him. Also I probably won't sleep much because I'll be worried about my cello in public sleeper train carriages (I'm going to bike-lock it to myself) so I'll need something to occupy myself with and it is a perfect task for that.

This is all if I get the Visa 

I have my Visa! Exciting but..

No Ralph for a month and a half ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

what a relief your visa is sorted, Hope your trip goes well, I think a bit of 'absence makes the heart grow fonder' will help produce some excellent speech material.

Tomorrow I'm going to Bridelux Atelier at the Berkeley, one of my bridesmaids somehow managed to get free tickets. I've been avoiding wedding fairs because they could so easily tempt me to spend lots, but the good one about this is it will be so completely unaffordable that I actually can't do that, so it'll just be fun looking around at pretty things! I'm quite excited, but also nervous about the fact that I'm not nearly fancy enough for it and will also be carrying around a massive cello with me because I have to go on to work afterwards ๐Ÿ˜‚ . 

It was beautiful! I'm definitely set on finding a new fragrance for the wedding and I tried a really amazing La Mer foundation. The dresses I liked were all about £23-25000 so I didn't have dress regret at all! There were some absolutely stunning ones that I thought were the most beautiful dresses I've ever seen, but I would never want to  wear because I'd be inching around trying not to damage them all day (apart from the fact that they would cost more than double what my wedding will cost ๐Ÿ˜‚).

All in all a lovely and free-cocktail-filled morning :)

• IveI decided I'll probably go back to my pink/copper hair for the wedding. Half my bride inspiration screenshots are brides with soft pink hair! Too pale wouldn't suit me so I'd keep it short like I have now, but with these colours:

I really miss those colours! And I think it will contrast nicely with my traditional dress and veil. I'm so excited!!

Not much to update otherwise, but we're seeing Ralph's godmother on Sunday when we get back from our little trip to Hamburg (I'm on the plane waiting to take off as I write this) to talk about the wedding cake flavours and tiers and things! 

Hamburg now for Ralph's 26th birthday and one of his jazz gigs :).

• Oh thats looking to look so awesome!! It really really suits you! Have an amazing time away! 

• CoffeeDogAddict wrote (see post):

Oh thats looking to look so awesome!! It really really suits you! Have an amazing time away! 

Thank you 

• Hamburg was amazing ๐Ÿ˜

Here are a couple of photos:

image image imageimage

And this was Ralph's gig:

• Hamburg was amazing ๐Ÿ˜

Here are a couple of photos:

And this was Ralph's gig:

• No idea why that happened twice ๐Ÿ˜‚ anyway..

Today we saw Ralph's godmother and had a big cake planning session, as she is making the cake and then me and my mum will decorate it. 

The plan is:

3 tiers (large - fruit cake, medium - chocolate and raspberry, small - spiced plum and vanilla)

Plus an extra cake that is free from/ vegan, which will be elderflower with fresh strawberries.

Decoration..

Bottom tier decorated with torn fondant and gold leaf, inspired by this:

Next tier covered in beautiful sharp-edged buttercream and then I'll do gold piping inspired by this:

Top tier soft watercolour buttercream and touches of gold leaf, something like the bottom tier of this, off whites and gold instead of silver:

General inspiration:

And I will be making rice paper flowers like those above and these below:

In white with touches of gold, but also I will try to recreate these flowers in either rice paper or icing:

image but a very soft, gold-touched version.

I wanted some of those in there somewhere, as they're also going to be in my bouquet (again fake ones my mum will make in an artistic sculptural way) and there's a tiny bit of that golden orange in Ralph's tie.

I think it's going to be amazing! So excited to start practicing.

• I have all the heart eyes right now! Your cake is going to be an absolute dream!