Forum home Your planning threads

Wedding entertainment ideas.

I'm looking for some entertainment inspiration please!

I'd like to organise something for inbetween the ceremony and the reception to keep our guests entertained, while having celebratory drinks and photographs are being taken.              (We're getting married in South Yorkshire.)

Looking forward to hearing what you guys had at your weddings or what you have planned. 

• Ashley72Ashley72 Posts: 1,136 New bride

We're getting married in Italy so our cocktail hour, or aperitivo as they call it, is a much longer part of the day at around 3 hours with a full on buffet prior to the sit down meal. We'll possibly have a live cooking station as part of the food set up and a sax player for part of it, although I think most people will be happy catching up, having photos, drinking, eating and chatting etc. We're setting out some garden games for the children (noughts and crosses, connect 4, quoits, lawn darts and possibly giant jenga) which maybe some adults will get involved in too. We're also probably going to do a photo treasure hunt for the older kids with some cheap digital cameras. We're thinking of doing a polaroid guestbook too which people will be able to use at this point. I'm personally not a fan of magicians / cartoon sketches or that kind of thing which I've seen at some weddings but they usually do draw a crowd and people seem to like them.

• stacey147stacey147 Posts: 108 New bride

A free bar and a bouncy castle and activity packs for the kids oh and a giant twister game 

• We've got a giant connect 4 to keep people amused. Thought it might be a good way to get guests mingling too =) 

• 2k19Bride2k19Bride Posts: 25 New bride
    Ashley72 wrote (see post):

We're getting married in Italy so our cocktail hour, or aperitivo as they call it, is a much longer part of the day at around 3 hours with a full on buffet prior to the sit down meal. We'll possibly have a live cooking station as part of the food set up and a sax player for part of it, although I think most people will be happy catching up, having photos, drinking, eating and chatting etc. We're setting out some garden games for the children (noughts and crosses, connect 4, quoits, lawn darts and possibly giant jenga) which maybe some adults will get involved in too. We're also probably going to do a photo treasure hunt for the older kids with some cheap digital cameras. We're thinking of doing a polaroid guestbook too which people will be able to use at this point. I'm personally not a fan of magicians / cartoon sketches or that kind of thing which I've seen at some weddings but they usually do draw a crowd and people seem to like them.

Some great ideas. I love the sound of the live cooking station. 

• 2k19Bride2k19Bride Posts: 25 New bride

Giant garden games is on the list now ✔😊