Mrs Lytton 2019

• MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,079 New bride
    Wow how exciting!
  • cs2thecoxcs2thecox Posts: 252 New bride
    I found out why my hairdresser tried to call... she can't do my hair and makeup any more  :'(
    She has to go to a wedding in Bordeaux the day before where her husband is best man!
    But a flurry of emails and insta stalking, and I'm sorted again. Phew. Not someone who's known my hair for years, but someone with good reviews, decent prices, and is the right end of the country.

My first dress fitting is booked for 2 weeks' time, and I'll finally get to check my necklace and earrings work with it.

The other half has FINALLY booked a minibus to get our guests back to the hotels at the end of the night, so we can finalise the info card, except he's been poking at his phone and/or computer for literally the last 3 hours and still doesn't seem to have finalised the wording. I'm sat here with the stationery company website open waiting to order the invites and the cards, but I might give up and go to bed in a minute. OK, so a lot of quite important politics has been happening this evening, but I just want him to DO something for this wedding! Sigh...
    Aaaand I did some poking and some grumping and the invites and info cards are ordered  :D :D :D :D
    cs2thecox said:
    Aaaand I did some poking and some grumping and the invites and info cards are ordered  :D :D :D :D

Exciting - my wedding feels somehow much more real now the invites are out and RSVPs are coming back in!
    MrsCToBee said:

Exciting - my wedding feels somehow much more real now the invites are out and RSVPs are coming back in!
    I'm kind of nervous for that bit... At the moment it's some kind of abstract party in the summer, but when people start RSVPing yeah it's going to be REAL!
    Woo - I've managed to get a hair and makeup trial the morning of my dress fitting, so it'll be like a full on trial run. Pretty excited about that bit!
    A few fairly productive days... the day-only (we're not having evening guests, rather some who come to the church to see the actual wedding bit, stay for drinks and cake, and then leave before dinner) invites are ordered, the hymns and readings are finalised, and I bought a dress for my littlest bridesmaid in the John Lewis sale!

Given my adult bridesmaids are in dresses they already own, I'm never going to have everyone match exactly - I just want them to be comfortable and happy. And in navy!

So the toddler will be in this: https://www.johnlewis.com/polarn-o-pyret-girls'-velvet-dress-blue/p3829264
    I thought it looked cute and pretty, but also comfy for her to be running around all day in. I worried for a moment about velvet in June, and then remembered we're British and it probably won't be overly hot anyway  :D 

My nearly-12-year-old neice is still making me worry a bit, and my sister pointed me in the direction of the new season Monsoon things which I really don't like. Thankfully we seem to have agreed to head in this sort of direction, which I think is great. Not too little-girl, but also not too inappropriately grown up!
    https://www.jjshouse.co.uk/A-Line-Princess-Scoop-Neck-Floor-Length-Chiffon-Junior-Bridesmaid-Dress-With-Ruffle-Split-Front-009087913-g87913/

In 5 months we'll be married, which is simultaneously miles away and really soon!
    It got real.
    We're sat on the sofa addressing invites. Eeek!

• So exciting! Lovely invitations x

Eyelash extension practise fun times!

So I don't want mascara (cause it *will* smudge), and I'm not keen on the time it might take to stick on falsh lashes on the day (bunches only - not keen on full strips) so I decided to experiment with lash extensions!

I had them put on on Thursday, and am hoping they last for my dress fitting on Wednesday, but part of the test is how long they last.

After a crispy first day or so, I really like them! Ok, so I can't scrub my face clean like normal, but I'm loving the Disney Princess vibes!

A few have fallen off now, and I can notice where they've gone from on my right eye, but I doubt anyone else would.

Anyone know how to keep them clean though? I probably need to get a lash comb, but I'm worried about dislodging them. I'm hopeless at make up stuff, so any advice very welcome!!

(Invites also went in the post this morning. Eeeek!)
    So exciting! Lovely invitations x
    Thanks. Good old Project Pretty!
  • CoffeeDogAddictCoffeeDogAddict Posts: 626 New bride
    edited 29 January
    Ohhh i love them! I've had lash extensions quite a lot, if you can get a spoolie brush ( sometimes the lash artist send you away with one - basically a mascara brush without the mascara) and gently start from the lash line and wiggle it to the tips, do this a few times and you're good to go! 

Hair and make up trial just happened before I go for my dress fitting. The eyes are a bit extra but I LOVE them!
    The hair may be a tad wide but I'm reserving judgement until I see it with the dress. It's very pretty and very bridal, and the back is perfect, but it's a bit more classic than I'd anticipated.
    So exciting!!

You look lovely!
    So I got to wear my dress again and I still LOVE it. Phew!
    And my hair works with the dress, I'm happy with my jewellery, and definitely decided to have 2 layers of net taken out of the GIANT skirt! (I'm having a hoop underneath so I can actually walk in it, so just trading that for the net really.)

• You look amazing! Your dress is a knockout and I love the eye makeup. 
    You look amazing! Your dress is a knockout and I love the eye makeup. 
    Thank you!!  :D 
    Thankfully the fiance was on board with it too, and I've just confirmed with the hair and makeup lady that I definitely want her to do my wedding.

I've just taken a bajillion hair grips out of my hair, and am 6 cotton wool pads into taking the makeup off... I may be some time...
  • You look phenomenal!! 
    Men's outfit success!

So today we went to see one of the best men for lunch and some hanging out, and FINALLY between us managed to persuade the fiance into the local Moss Bros to look at suit ideas. And we're all sorted! I'm SO relieved!

Fiance will have a tailored Ted Baker navy suit done (he doesn't wear suits to work, so it's a good excuse for him to get a decent one!), and wear an ivory waistcoat on the day.

The best men will be in grey suits with ivory waistcoats.
    The fathers and ushers (our nephews) will be in grey suits with grey waistcoats.
    So all coordinated, but still differentiated enough.

All in these matching ties - https://www.moss.co.uk/dkny-navy-texture-with-silver-spot-tie-966341509
    and navy pocket squares. We'll be giving the ties and pocket squares as thank you gifts, so I've also ordered some patches from Etsy to personalise them and say thank you, from these people: https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/SayItDesign?ref=l2-shopheader-name

Given how much the fiance loathes clothes shopping, it was such an achievement to get him into a shop and get some decisions made. Big relief all round!
    FOUR MONTHS TODAY!

So excited.
    Today's dithering is around battery tealights v fairy lights on the tables.
    Our wedding is quite big and we're having long tables. To make the tables sparkle I wanted some kind of light and assumed tealights (battery cause we're in a no-flame venue) in some kind of holder. But adding it all up, that's a LOT of tealights, batteries and holders.
    And Wish has cheap fairy lights today...

Has anyone else done/seen fairy lights used on tables? Something like this...

I'd use those really thin, subtle fairy lights on copper wire - I got some in Home Bargains.
    Phew - I went for it and ordered them on Wish. Other half agreed too, and another thing ticked off the list!
    Tonight is sewing night! Well, it was until the fiancé started making naans on the kitchen counter...
    Really impressed with these patches for the ties although I've had to turn the corners under as we have slightly skinny ties.

edited 13 February
    And just like that the RSVPs are coming in, although we have found out that Royal Mail managed to lose a couple of the invites which was annoying - replacements sent out now though.

So really we're down to the cake! The fiance wanted to ask his elderly aunt who cooks a great fruitcake to do the bottom tier, but she doesn't do email and he doesn't want to phone and he's dithering about. My friend who does cakes semi-professionslly (@bostonmillsbakery on insta) has offered and we were happy to accept for the top couple of tiers - she's great at sponge but not so hot on traditional British fruitcake.

In he end, my amazing mummy has stepped up. She makes a mean christmas cake where the fruit soaks in sherry for a week first, and then the cake is left to mature for a good few months after baking. So with just under 4 months to go, she's on the case with a giant bottom tier fruitcake! I had to Amazon her a big enough cake tin! :D 
    She's hopeless at smooth decorating, but thankfully her neighbour is also a semi pro cake baker who will be able to come round and drape white fondant over for us!
    Now we just have to design the rest of the cake...
    At least it's a fun bit of wedmin cause after that it's the table plan 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

• Cecilia13Cecilia13 Posts: 369 New bride
    Ooh you've got me all excited about our fruit cake tier now, I wasn't so bothered but now you've made me think about it yum 😁.

You look absolutely beautiful in that dress, it's gorgeous and the hair works perfectly with it!

Suits- well done. I couldn't get Ralph to look for ages, I ended up identifying one I knew he would like, we went and tried just that one on, and bought it 😂 the good thing about having mismatched bridesmaids is that I don't need to worry about coordinating suits too (and at the moment there's just a best man anyway, although he may ask a couple of others at some point!).

I love the fairy lights, I didn't think of Wish! Our decorating theme inside the tipis is as many lights as possible, lots of candles and tealights and glass jars :) I think fairy lights can just make everything look beautiful.
    Thanks all round 😊
    We have 3 best men, 2 junior ushers and the dads all being coordinated. Ish...

And I forgot to post about cake tasting last week! My friend hadn't volunteered then, and we thought we were just going with M&S cake so I bought FIVE tasting cakes in different flavours. We had quite a lot of fun!! Cake breakfasts... Nom...

Cake breakfasts are the best 😁
    Cecilia13 said:
    Cake breakfasts are the best 😁

We agree so much that the top tier of the cake won't be cut at the wedding - we're taking it on our minimoon with us to eat for breakfast for the next few days!!
    That sounds like an excellent plan and I may have to make a special post-wedding cake now !