Hen party cost

I’m just wandering how much you guys are asking people to spend on your hen dos?

the thing I want to do is going to come in at about £90 a head this includes a nights accomodation and a private function room with dj hot tub and karaoke it’s also Byob so all everyone needs to bring with them is whatever they are drinking.  

is This too much to ask of people? 

• SadieeeSadieee Posts: 1,781 New bride

Mine was about 200 I think (sister paid for me and organised so not 100%) for 2 nights and most food and drink included as well as all our activities.

My friends in January is 175 for 2 nights in private house with activities and food but is byob.

I'd say your price is fine :)

• Kelly224Kelly224 Posts: 962 New bride

I would say £90 is absolutely fine especially for an overnight stay

• My hen do is £150 for 3 nights accommodation, entertainment, 2 hour spa pass and about a £85 kitty for booze.  Food, other drink and petrol is extra, but everyone seemed more than happy to pay that.  I wouldn't worry about that amount if I was you, just give people as much notice as possible to pay.

• I think that’s a good price for what you‘ve got.  However if you are worried, speak to all of the guests privately and individually, that way if some of them really can’t afford it, you can make the choice to go ahead (perhaps do a second event) or pick something cheaper if it prices out people you absolutely have to have there.   

Saying that I can’t really imagine a night out with accommodation being that much cheaper than £90 + BYOB. I would love this type of hen, especially the hot tub!

• MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,086 New bride

That sounds an amazing price to me!

We haven't arranged mine yet, but my friend's last summer was £250 for 2 night's accommodation, spa day, 2 breakfasts, 1 lunch and 1 dinner.

• £90 is ridiculously good!! All the ones I have been to haven't been under £200... I just declined one for my sister in law who was asking for £600!!!

OrganisedBridexxxx wrote (see post):

£90 is ridiculously good!! All the ones I have been to haven't been under £200... I just declined one for my sister in law who was asking for £600!!!

Wow where on earth is it for £600? 

I know a couple of guys who have had Vegas stags that were crazy expensive. When one of OH's friends got married the best man suggested Vegas and got shot down as no one has that sort of money spare in our group for non-family holidays.

• MrsGtoBMrsGtoB Posts: 703 New bride

I'd say that is fab, mine was about £250 for flights, hotel and activities but I'm also having a local one which is £35pp for champagne afternoon tea x

• Candice9Candice9 Posts: 230

Mine was about 190 per person, that included paying for my share, 3 nights in a log cabin with hot tub and all the games and food

• Thank you so much for you advice guys I think I’m going to go with it.

i just really don’t want an expensive hen as my Wedding is a 2hr drive from where Most of my guests live so I know a lot of them are having to book accommodation the night of the wedding. 

• MrsCToBee wrote (see post):

Wow where on earth is it for £600? 

I know a couple of guys who have had Vegas stags that were crazy expensive. When one of OH's friends got married the best man suggested Vegas and got shot down as no one has that sort of money spare in our group for non-family holidays.

Only Marbella!! For flight + 3 nights in a hotel! Bless her she clearly hasn't done her research properly.

• Cazz13Cazz13 Posts: 67 New bride
    I was invited on one that was asking us to commit to over £1000 (it was abroad).
    I'd say youve got a good deal with £90 and wouldnt worry about it :) 
  • Mine has worked out around 320 so far for 3 nights abroad and the fancy dress and what not, then everyone is taking around 4/500 euros too, so it's endes up being rather expensive 🙈 if people want to come they'll find the money. 
  • Mine has worked out around 320 so far for 3 nights abroad and the fancy dress and what not, then everyone is taking around 4/500 euros too, so it's endes up being rather expensive 🙈 if people want to come they'll find the money. 
    I don't necessarily agree with that sorry, I'm sure you mean well but as someone with very little disposable income after my own savings, something that expensive would be my only holiday of the year and i couldn't lightly just "find the money". It puts a lot of pressure on people and gives the impression if they cant afford to go then they don't care enough, which is very often not the case. 
    edited 11 February
    Now my abroad hen is booked I can say we have paid £160 each for 3 days/2 nights in Venice. There are only 3 of us going though as I wanted it to be just me and my bridesmaids.

I agree with CDA too, wanting to do something doesn't make money magically appear - just because someone can't afford sn expensive trip abroad, it doesn't mean they don't care.
    We have a child and if we couldn't afford to do both, would always prioritise our family holiday over a hen or stag.

• RoseyGoldRoseyGold Posts: 149 New bride
    That is a great deal for Venice!! 
    My best friend asked me for a budget I said about £100 I want people to be able to come and I don't want them to have to stretch for it.
    RoseyGold said:
    That is a great deal for Venice!! 
    My best friend asked me for a budget I said about £100 I want people to be able to come and I don't want them to have to stretch for it.
    BA do great sales! I've asked for my local hen to be budget-ish, so hopefully well under £100 each.