Forum home Your planning threads

Fairytale white wedding- August 2019

• OmRumOmRum Posts: 947 New bride
    There's no pressure to buy. I took one bridesmaid and we both got to sample the perfumes and both got prosecco and chocolates. It was such a lovely day. 
  • MrsOD19MrsOD19 Posts: 797 New bride
    @OmRum ahhh thank you! I’m super excited! My friends a big jo malone fan so it’ll be a nice treat 

So, these are the type of flowers I’m thinking, I love flowers but im not fussed over what type as long as they’re pink and white I’m happy! But as an August wedding I’m thinking nice light flowers would look gorgeous! i want the pew ends to then be taken to the reception venue for little bits on the table etc. 
    Just realised I’ve not posted pictures of our venue! It’s swinfen Hall Hotel in Lichfield (right by the YOI) hahaha! 

The second pic is the drive up to the venue, I love how it looks like something out of pride and prejudice.  The first one is the pond and deer park, which we get full use out of and can have drinks on the terrace all being well with the weather *crosses fingers* 

And this is the gorgeous church, I always want wanted to get married here and im so excited I am getting to! 
  • MrsA-NToBeMrsA-NToBe Posts: 206 New bride
    Your venue looks stunning! Especially the drive up... that'll make such an impression and amazing photos!!
    edited April 2019
    @MrsA-NToBe ahhh thank you! I know it’s amazing and we’ve been there 3 or 4 times now and I never get sick of it haha.

I had my make up trial today and I LOVE it, I wanted to look natural but with quite a thick coverage and she nailed it. I was so pleased with the look but I think I might go a bit pinker on my lips for the wedding. I also had to go for a sports massage after, so was a tad overdressed 🤣🤣

My godmother got me my something blue, I’m going to have it as my new and blue! That’s a thing right? 

Bruiser giving the shoes his seal of approval.  He’s so funny, he needs to know EVERYTHING
  • Red_LHRed_LH Posts: 21 New bride
    I have the same shoes for my wedding, but the white and gold version, I'm constantly just sat staring at them. Sophia Websters are just so beautiful, I'm hoping to wear mine on honeymoon too! 

All my wedding nightmares are about bad makeup or spilling red wine on the dress!
    @Red_LH yay twins!! I really wanted the black version of yours (are yours the Evangeline?)  theyre gorgeous! Great choice! 

When do you get married? 
  • Red_LHRed_LH Posts: 21 New bride
    @Red_LH yay twins!! I really wanted the black version of yours (are yours the Evangeline?)  theyre gorgeous! Great choice! 

When do you get married? 
    they are the Chiara with the wifey for lifey on the bottom, in white and gold... but I'm scared to wear them in incase tthe bottoms rubs off!! I want my photographer to get a pic of them when they're still prefect!! 

we get married this July! xx
    @Red_LH oh great choice! They’re so comfy aswell aren’t they! I loved the wifey for lifey ones, I don’t know about the SW ones but my loubs are all scuffed after a few wears so definitely get that perfect photo! It may not come off though! Are you changing into flats? 
    So, me, fiancé and my parents went to Ireland for a wedding on Sunday.  My goodness! It’s going to be a hard act to follow.  It’s my uncle who I’m super close to so it was always going to be amazing but my goodness it was incredible.  They had a spiritualist ceremony (which I’d never really heard much of before) but it was so lovely. I have blisters from dancing all night 😭 and a sore head. 

Sooo got my quote for the flowers! Its everything I asked for, with corsages for the mums and two presentation bouquets for them.  I was really pleased, she’s going to the church to set up the pew ends and then going to the venue to set up centrepieces (they’re not much, just roses/gerbera and gypsophila).

and it’s all in budget at £500! Considering I’d been quoted a lot more it was amazing.

if anyone is in the West Midlands area I would fully recommend Ann at secret garden weddings! 
  • That sounds fab congrats! Glad its all sorted stress free for you. 
    @CoffeeDogAddict ah thank you! It’s been so stressful with flowers up to now, with trying to find someone reasonable but thank goodness it’s done! Hopefully it’s all fun from here. (Although not even half of our RSVPS are back!) 
  • GinAndBlingGinAndBling Posts: 1,311 New bride
    Well done for sorting the flowers! Gerberas are my favourite flowers, great choice! 
    Our planning thread: We're completely winging it.
    Our report: A fun, classic May day in navy and blush
    My weightloss thread: Diet denial! 
    Thank you! They’re so so beautiful aren’t they! I have included some roses etc but I adore gerberas! Great minds ey! 
    We are 129 days away now! I don’t know where the time is going to be honest, it’s scary how quick this year is flying. 

We have our menu tasting next month and I’ve recruited one of our vegetarian friends to pick out the veggie option so there’s more of a chance it’s well liked- i think you can always tell when a meat eater chooses a vegetarian meal haha.

not a whole lot else has been going on to be honest, we are waiting for the majority of RSVPS which is annoying- the deadline is 01/05 so hopefully some more start landing. 

I also bought my evening shoes which were 20% off (winning!) theyre little sparkly sliders, mum and I have got matching ones! 

Also, what is everyone doing for a bag? Do brides have a clutch or something for lipstick/lipbalm/bank card etc? Or do you give it to mums/bridesmaids? I always need lip balm 😂 
    Here’s my sliders!
  • OmRumOmRum Posts: 947 New bride
    I had a clutch bag from Accessorize which I put my phone, lippy, bank card, driving licence, tissues, glasses in case I had contact lens problems, and painkillers in. My mum was int he car with me but not the procession, so she just took it into the church and made sure it came to the reception. The only things I ended up using were the lippy and painkillers!
    I was thinking about giving it all to mum as she’s the responsible one as I’ll need to have my phone/keys etc for the next day. I saw a gorgeous Ted Baker clutch im trying to convince myself I need haha I just wasn’t sure what others did- damn I wish my dress had pockets!
  • MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,957 New bride
    I've got a bag from Accessorize, I'll need make up, phone, medication etc.
  • I'm not bothering with a bag. We're getting ready at the venue and as the ceremony/reception are happening in the same place, I just don't see the point. I won't need my phone because let's face it... anyone I want to contact will be there! And the rest of the stuff - makeup touch ups, painkillers and lip balm can be left in the room and I can nip up for it (or send someone else) if I need to! But most of those will be in the bathroom baskets I'm doing too so... :smile:
    @MrsRendall2B ahhhh yeah, because we’ve got to go from home-church-reception, I might just give mum a little bag with bits in that she can take up to our room! 

Im just a little OCD with lip balm and I panic if I haven’t got any 🙈 I have like 3 different types in every bag lol 

This isnt wedding related but it’s only 48hours until the marathon and I’m sh***ing myself! 

Ill be glad when its over over and I can relax and concentrate on wedding fun 😍
  • Ahh thats so exciting!!! I hope you have a brilliant time and enjoy it! 
  • MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,957 New bride

This isnt wedding related but it’s only 48hours until the marathon and I’m sh***ing myself! 

Ill be glad when its over over and I can relax and concentrate on wedding fun 😍
    Wow, good luck!!! Seriously impressed!
    Thanks @CoffeeDogAddict and @MrsCToBee I’m so nervous! Chugging water and eating carbs 🤣🤣