Forum home Your planning threads

Fairytale white wedding- August 2019

• MrsOD19MrsOD19 Posts: 797 New bride

I did it! Marathon is conquered and I’m so relieved! I’ve been absolutely exhausted since Sunday so haven’t done much on the wedding front, it’s all been a bit overwhelming the past few days.  I can’t believe it’s less than 4 months away.
  • CoffeeDogAddictCoffeeDogAddict Posts: 1,475 New bride
    Well done!!! That's absolutely fantastic, and i love the photo! 
  • GinAndBlingGinAndBling Posts: 1,311 New bride
    Well done!! 
    Our planning thread: We're completely winging it.
    Our report: A fun, classic May day in navy and blush
    My weightloss thread: Diet denial! 
    @CoffeeDogAddict he always has to claim the glory! Haha

thanks @GinAndBling!

i just can’t  seem to get motivated to do any wedding bits, have fallen into a bit of a non-productive slump 🙈
    Haha thanks both!

My venue has had other ideas I think, they sent us through all our menus to choose what we want to try at our tasting, and our final details form which we need to fill in soon.  

We get to choose a three course meal each, so we have narrowed it down to:

Starters- Ham Hock and the chicken parfait
    Main- blade of beef and the pork belly
    Dessert- chocolate torte and passionfruit cheesecake.

Im not really a dessert girl unless it involves meringue and strawberries haha so I’m a bit lost, I thought chocolate might be a bit rich but none of the others jumped out at me.  OH doesn’t really want chicken as we have it so much at home haha
  • OmRumOmRum Posts: 947 New bride
    If they're a good catering company, they should be able to make a dessert you ask for. All I wanted at my wedding was a meringue dessert, which wasn't on the menu, but they sorted that for me when I asked. Obviously don't ask to change the whole menu, but I don't see why professional caterers shouldn't be able to throw something as classic as an eton mess together for you!
    @OmRum that’s a great idea! We have our tasting on the 20th of this month so I will definitely ask.  I’m such a pavlova lover haha it’s so yummy 😍😍
    So I had my hair trial today, so much for relaxing! Haha she also tried a bridesmaid style on me which I loved. So pics to follow!

bridesmaids:

And then mine (please excuse my roots!)

It will be slightly higher on the day to allow my veil to go underneath, or she can do my hair round my veil if I like! 

Also found this gorgeous hair pin to go in my hair-bargain at £12! 

Im going to order sparkles for the girls hair off eBay, think it’ll look lovely just along the twist, they’re only about £8 for 40 grips with little pearls/sparkles on!
  • MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,957 New bride
    Menus sound lovely, and love your updo! 
    I kove meringues too, and Eton mess is one of our dessert options 😀
  • Cecilia13Cecilia13 Posts: 512 New bride
    Gorgeous hair! 
    Also.. Eton Mess is one of my favourites; there's no harm in asking :)
    @MrsW2020 I can’t take the credit for that haha my hairdresser had to curl mine and I’d said I just wanted loose waves for the bridesmaids and she was like ‘I’ve got a great idea! I’ll just try it on you first!’ So it worked out well 😍 Ahhh thanks @MrsCToBee and @Cecilia13 I’m definitely going to ask the venue about Eton mess! Such a good idea.
    So, a lovely bank holiday weekend but I’ve decided I need to get cracking on losing a bit of weight between now and the wedding, I want to lose about 10lbs so it’s not loads but the motivation is hard 🙈🙈 i love salads but I always have all the bad stuff as toppings- I’m going to weigh myself first thing tomorrow (at work, we don’t have scales at home and I’ll  keep a food diary) ugh!! 
  • MrsH2020MrsH2020 Posts: 223 New bride
    Loving both these hairstyles, especially the loose waves. Do you mind me asking where you found that lovely hair pin?
    @MrsH2020 no of course not! I actually got it from my wedding dress shop, I don’t know if you’re West Midlands based but it’s ‘wedding Belles of four oaks’ I was surprised how cheap it was.

ebay also have some lovely ones-I’m getting the sparkles for my bridesmaids from there ☺️

The dress shop posted these on Instagram-i primark! I will be taking a trip and buying them for myself and the girls for the wedding morning I think 😍😍😍
  • Love your updo, it's exactly what I'd like if I decide to wear my hair up! 
    So, my friend and I went to the jo malone ‘scent your wedding’ appointment yesterday.  It was so lovely and a really nice treat! They gave us a glass of fizz and a hand and arm massage which was lovely. 

I didnt know much about what scents I liked as I’ve got my firm favourite perfumes and don’t really deviate from them.  I thought I liked vanilla type smells but I was basing that off I like Aldi’s vanilla candles haha. I actually really liked the feminine floral ones which I didn’t think I would! 

She put body wash and lotion on my arms and then put one scent on my right arm and another on my left as I was undecided, there was no pressure to buy at all, in fact I felt the opposite, she advised us to leave it to sink in for a while and see how we felt.  so obviously we kept ourselves busy over a couple of cocktails.

my friend wanted to buy a bottle of her scent so we went back and I accidentally bought my wedding perfume 🙈 fiancé is not allowed to smell it before the day! They did a little gift set with the body wash and the lotion too which actually worked out cheaper than one big bottle so I went for that.  It stayed on all evening (it escalated into about three bottles of prosecco) but I could still smell it when we went to bed.

i would recommend it to anyone! Even if you don’t buy anything it’s just such a great experience and it was lovely to be pampered for an hour-definitely book one if you haven’t already! 

Glad you enjoyed it! Which scent did you go for? 
    @GinAndBling thank you for recommending it! I had the body wash and creme in English pear and freesia and the star magnolia in the perfume, it wasn’t so beautiful over the top 😍

which did you go for? 
    Oh sounds lovely! The pear and fresia was on my shortlist too. Your whole day sounds great fun. 

I’ve gone for peony and blush suede everything.
    Oh lovely! Have you used it yet? Mines still in its bag so fiancé doesn’t snoop 😂 plus it makes me feel fancy to have the bag.

it was, this is the fun stuff of wedding planning! Not long to go for you @ginandbling!! 
    Today is not a good day- I’m all PMTing and didn’t sleep well (I like sleep).  I need a good rant. 

I dont understand why people find it so difficult to return RSVPs. Period.  Our deadline was 1st May and we’re still missing (mostly) H2Bs family. Some live in America so I totally get it may take longer but his dad has said ‘oh uncle xx is coming’ and I was like ‘is he? Because we’ve not heard off him.’ People just seem to think that no reply is necessary and we should just KNOW.

I asked my FSIL if she’d heard anything off them regarding it and she said no but had we thought about inviting their old family friends (who incidentally I’ve never met and H2B hasn’t mentioned ever.) so I said no and to be honest if people drop out I’ve got cousins I want to invite that I wasn’t able to before due to numbers.  We’ve got a rule as we’ve both got such big families that we have to have both met and hung out with other guests who aren’t family.  Same goes for plus ones!  

Im a bit sick of H2Bs family, they seem to think that it’s only their side that matters, his mum has wanted to invite her best friends aunties family cat to the wedding but was really dismissive of my request to invite my best friends boyfriend. 

Ugh! Rant over. I think I need to go to bed 🙈
    Nope not used it yet- am saving it!

Why did you request to invite your best friend's boyfriend to your own wedding? It's your wedding! Invite him!

My FMIL was a pain the backside about people she wanted to invite. We just stuck firm and made it clear we were a united front. It's caused a bit of friction but I'm glad we did. 

As we ended up telling them, if they want to host their own party they can renew their vows and invite whoever they would like. Our wedding isn't their chance to show off.
    I’ve probably worded that wrong, she was bleating about inviting her friends and I said that if people drop out we’ve got a reserve list we’d go to first and invite them, my friends boyfriend being one (they weren’t together when we first did the guest list) and she was all ‘oh never mind that-MY friends need to be invited’ we stuck to our guns but she does keep on. 

It’s just annoying me that they seem to think my family is secondary as theres ‘is just SO big’ even though mines actually bigger, we’re just more sensible about not inviting every cousin that we don’t see! Ugh! I need wine

On a happier note, I ordered these off boohoo for the morning of the wedding ❤️ I’m definitely a cute pj girl rather than a slinky number so these were right up my street!
  • Today is not a good day- I’m all PMTing and didn’t sleep well (I like sleep).  I need a good rant. 

I dont understand why people find it so difficult to return RSVPs. Period.  Our deadline was 1st May and we’re still missing (mostly) H2Bs family. Some live in America so I totally get it may take longer but his dad has said ‘oh uncle xx is coming’ and I was like ‘is he? Because we’ve not heard off him.’ People just seem to think that no reply is necessary and we should just KNOW.

I asked my FSIL if she’d heard anything off them regarding it and she said no but had we thought about inviting their old family friends (who incidentally I’ve never met and H2B hasn’t mentioned ever.) so I said no and to be honest if people drop out I’ve got cousins I want to invite that I wasn’t able to before due to numbers.  We’ve got a rule as we’ve both got such big families that we have to have both met and hung out with other guests who aren’t family.  Same goes for plus ones!  

Im a bit sick of H2Bs family, they seem to think that it’s only their side that matters, his mum has wanted to invite her best friends aunties family cat to the wedding but was really dismissive of my request to invite my best friends boyfriend. 

Ugh! Rant over. I think I need to go to bed 🙈
     I'm having a similar problem! When the invites went out we got a message asking if there's space for my partners first cousin once removed son's girlfriend, apparently it was 'worth an ask' um no it isn't! It's just rude! 
    Ughhhhh spare me! Haha in a way I’m glad it’s not just me though and I really do feel your pain.  Like @GinAndBling said, it’s not their wedding! Nor is it a family reunion! If they want to show off then they can organise their own party 😒
  • Hullass1972Hullass1972 Posts: 606 New bride

On a happier note, I ordered these off boohoo for the morning of the wedding ❤️ I’m definitely a cute pj girl rather than a slinky number so these were right up my street!
    This are so cute, but make sure the head hole is big enough to get it over your head once your hair/make up has been done, don't want you smudging or pulling at anything :smile: