Fairytale white wedding- August 2019

• I’ve probably worded that wrong, she was bleating about inviting her friends and I said that if people drop out we’ve got a reserve list we’d go to first and invite them, my friends boyfriend being one (they weren’t together when we first did the guest list) and she was all ‘oh never mind that-MY friends need to be invited’ we stuck to our guns but she does keep on. 

It’s just annoying me that they seem to think my family is secondary as theres ‘is just SO big’ even though mines actually bigger, we’re just more sensible about not inviting every cousin that we don’t see! Ugh! I need wine

• On a happier note, I ordered these off boohoo for the morning of the wedding ❤️ I’m definitely a cute pj girl rather than a slinky number so these were right up my street!
  • Today is not a good day- I’m all PMTing and didn’t sleep well (I like sleep).  I need a good rant. 

I dont understand why people find it so difficult to return RSVPs. Period.  Our deadline was 1st May and we’re still missing (mostly) H2Bs family. Some live in America so I totally get it may take longer but his dad has said ‘oh uncle xx is coming’ and I was like ‘is he? Because we’ve not heard off him.’ People just seem to think that no reply is necessary and we should just KNOW.

I asked my FSIL if she’d heard anything off them regarding it and she said no but had we thought about inviting their old family friends (who incidentally I’ve never met and H2B hasn’t mentioned ever.) so I said no and to be honest if people drop out I’ve got cousins I want to invite that I wasn’t able to before due to numbers.  We’ve got a rule as we’ve both got such big families that we have to have both met and hung out with other guests who aren’t family.  Same goes for plus ones!  

Im a bit sick of H2Bs family, they seem to think that it’s only their side that matters, his mum has wanted to invite her best friends aunties family cat to the wedding but was really dismissive of my request to invite my best friends boyfriend. 

Ugh! Rant over. I think I need to go to bed 🙈
     I'm having a similar problem! When the invites went out we got a message asking if there's space for my partners first cousin once removed son's girlfriend, apparently it was 'worth an ask' um no it isn't! It's just rude! 
  • Ughhhhh spare me! Haha in a way I’m glad it’s not just me though and I really do feel your pain.  Like @GinAndBling said, it’s not their wedding! Nor is it a family reunion! If they want to show off then they can organise their own party 😒
  • Hullass1972Hullass1972 Posts: 596 New bride

On a happier note, I ordered these off boohoo for the morning of the wedding ❤️ I’m definitely a cute pj girl rather than a slinky number so these were right up my street!
    This are so cute, but make sure the head hole is big enough to get it over your head once your hair/make up has been done, don't want you smudging or pulling at anything :smile:

• On a happier note, I ordered these off boohoo for the morning of the wedding ❤️ I’m definitely a cute pj girl rather than a slinky number so these were right up my street!
    This are so cute, but make sure the head hole is big enough to get it over your head once your hair/make up has been done, don't want you smudging or pulling at anything :smile:
    Oh yes! That’s a great point actually! I shall try them on and see how they fit.  Can always wear them on my hen 😊

• Our evening invitations arrived yesterday-I’m really pleased with them! We aren’t having many extra evening guests but I still wanted a proper invitation rather than a text or email.  We’ve included nearby hotels on the back if people wish to stay-more stamps needed now 🙈
  • CoffeeDogAddictCoffeeDogAddict Posts: 1,202 New bride
    They're beautiful! Where did you get them done? 
  • @CoffeeDogAddict vistaprint!! I bagged them a week or so ago when they had a half price sale,  they’re so pretty and I thought really good value.  I reckon we’ll get our orders of service done there too as they sent us a 25% off voucher 
  • So, we had our menu tasting last night at our venue, we picked two starters, two mains and two desserts.

it was so hard to choose at it was all beautiful! 

Our starters were:

Ham hock (top photo)
    Chicken liver parfait with toast. 

We chose the chicken parfait, it’s was just so delicious and the toast was a nice bonus as some places don’t give you enough bread to spread it on-it’ll soak up some wine too! 
  • Blondiebride2019Blondiebride2019 Posts: 331 New bride
    edited 21 May
    Our mains were 

Blade of beef (top picture)
    Pork belly and black pudding! 

This was a harder choice to be honest, they were both delicious but the winner was the beef! The pork was amazing but I think the beef is more of a crowd pleaser to be honest and it was just melt in the mouth 😍

we had passionfruit cheesecake and a chocolate torte for dessert, (I forgot to take pics) 🙈 FH was so animated about the cheesecake that we went with that, it was super refreshing actually and wasn’t too heavy! 

So thats our menu! We also tried all of the wines, but to be honest im not a wine expert! We chose a Pinot Grigio because that’s my favourite.  FH chose the red and went for a Tempranillo.  We also chose a Blush Rose just for a different option if people need it. 

It was lovely to meet some of the service staff too and have a chat with them and get a bit more familiar with the process
  • In other news,  we still need to get my dad measured for his suit; the FH and groomsmen are all in kilts, but my dad absolutely will not wear one, he wouldn’t feel comfortable and at 74 I totally understand, so we’re getting him a suit that will match the jacket colours.  FH said he’ll do it in July.  Erm no you won’t mate.  He seems to think it will only take a few weeks, I looked on Slaters website and it says about 10 weeks.  Good job I flipping checked! 

• Oh my goshhhhhh!! 100 days 😱
    edited 24 May
    Had a major panic yesterday, the bridesmaids dresses I wanted were on a website called sexyher.com and a friend had got dresses from them and said they were fine. So I wasn’t overly concerned about the weird website. When I went to order it said the item was out of stock but you can still order it as a ‘made to order’ item. Ok fine.  Until I looked at their returns policy and any item ‘made to order’ is not exchangeable or refundable.   my friend had told me the sizes run small and to get the next size up.  I wasn’t prepared to take a risk and potentially have them not fitting the girls or be poor quality and not be able to return them so I decided to look elsewhere (last minute Lucy) 

i found some lovely ones on asos in grey but they didn’t have any size 12s at all which two or my girls are.  ANNOYING.  I spent all day looking and getting more and more frustrated as I just couldn’t find A) many I liked and B) the ones I liked didn’t have the sizes I needed.

luckily I went onto ASOS this morning and the second option had all sizes back in stock! I’ve never punched my card details in so fast 😱 so relieved! Just hope they actually look as nice on as they do online.  

• So, this is where yodel left my delivery of my bridesmaids dresses! Not happy. (That’s our back garden by the way, it’s so open and someone could easily climb over if they wanted to!) luckily the dresses were safe and sound-I’ve written a strongly worded email to them though! 

And here they are hung up! I just opened one so I could check the quality, they seem really well made so I’m excited to give them to the girls to try on! It’s annoying as they all live quite far apart and one is very pregnant so there’s no point her trying hers on until July time really- only three weeks to go until my hen! I can’t believe how fast the time is going. 
  • MrsW2020MrsW2020 Posts: 197 New bride
    They're so nice! Good choice!
  • Not much has been happening on the wedding front lately,  I feel like I should be doing more than I am at the minute! We’ve got to decide our hymns, our readings etc but I want to speak to the church.  Does anyone know if, in a church wedding you can have one bible reading and then one non-religious reading? 

Im off to get my eyebrows done (tattooed) and then have my first dress fitting 😱 I’m so excited I’ve lost 3lbs so far, got about another 4/5 to go!
  • Sooo I had my first fitting, I didn’t really know what to expect to be honest.  She was so lovely though and it was the first time I tried my dress on with my shoes.  I half expected my dress to be too short once my heels were on but it still actually needs to be taken up 1/2 an inch! Other than that it fits perfectly.  I also decided on a really delicate sparkly belt, as all my bling is at the back of my head 😂

My veil had also arrived so I took that home to my parents until we go back for my final fitting in August. 

I also bought my jewellery off thelittlelovebird.co.uk! It’s not matching but it’s near as dammit! We’ve still got to sort out rings and my Dads suit. 

Im off on my hen this Friday and I can’t wait! All I know is I need a swimming costume and something to go out in! My SIL accidentally let slip where we were going but I kind of had a feeling it would be there anyway so I wasn’t too upset! It’ll be so much fun 💕 I can’t believe how quick it’s all coming round 

edited 10 June

these are the earrings I chose, I love pearls and I will definitely wear them again.  I’m a bit like a magpie so mum had to steer me away from total bling as it would’ve been an overkill! But I think these a really classy so it’s a win!
  • Aghhhhh it’s my Hen do tomorrow!I’m sooooo excited!! All I know is I need something to go out in and a swimming costume 😍 sooooooooo exciting!

sat at home just sorting all my stuff out, got my nails and lash appointment tomorrow morning before we go, I’m so excited for a weekend with the girls to let my hair down and unwind.  Not long to go!
  • Hen do is OVER! It was absolutely amazing to spend the time with my friends and just relax and unwind - I’ve had a bit of drama since being home as apparently my MIL is super upset that she wasn’t invited.  I’ve explained I’m doing a separate family one but she’s really annoyed apparently.  I’ve text her and apologised but she’s not replied.  Ughhhhhh I just hate drama amen the possibility I’ve upset someone. But that aside it was amazing! 

My friends hired an amazing house in glastonbury which was like something out of lord of the rings 😍 I absolutely loved it, we just had lots of prosecco and put our pjs on.  It was so lovely and I wish I i could do it again!
  • MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,911 New bride
    Hen do is OVER! It was absolutely amazing to spend the time with my friends and just relax and unwind - I’ve had a bit of drama since being home as apparently my MIL is super upset that she wasn’t invited.  I’ve explained I’m doing a separate family one but she’s really annoyed apparently.  I’ve text her and apologised but she’s not replied.  Ughhhhhh I just hate drama amen the possibility I’ve upset someone. But that aside it was amazing! 

My friends hired an amazing house in glastonbury which was like something out of lord of the rings 😍 I absolutely loved it, we just had lots of prosecco and put our pjs on.  It was so lovely and I wish I i could do it again!
    Sounds amazing and very relaxing - sorry your MIL has ruined your chill!

Sometimes you just can't invite people because of dynamics - I couldn't invite my stepmum which was a bit awkward but luckily she understood!

• @MrsCToBee oh lucky that she understood! I hope mine does eventually-im just letting her get over it and it’ll all calm down!
    @MrsCToBee oh lucky that she understood! I hope mine does eventually-im just letting her get over it and it’ll all calm down!
    My SIL didn't invite my mum on her hen and my mum is still seething 5 years later - good luck!
  • That hen do sounds perfect! I'm sure MIL will get over it when you have the family one, it's not like she hasn't been invited to any! 
  • MrsH2020MrsH2020 Posts: 91 New bride
    That sounds like a great hen do, and sorry to hear about the MIL drama. To be honest, I know it does happen a lot now but I do think that mums on hen dos shouldn’t necessarily always be the done thing - I’m not inviting my mum on my hen and definitely not my MiL! Not because I’m not close to them but just because the vibe would definitely be very different - I’m planning to have a big lunch as a second do, for family members and any friends that can’t do a weekend hen. Also, presumably she knew before the hen actually happened that she wasn’t invited? She really should have spoken to you about it in advance if she was that upset.... I don’t really think you have anything to apologise for - I hope she comes around! 

• Well, it’s  a long story lol! I have my girls a list of names which were only friends as I agree with you that the vibe with mums there would be very different, they booked a house for all of us and I only knew the date.  My MIL hasn’t wanted to be involved much in the wedding planning and she’s doesn’t ask about it so i (wrongly) assumed she wasn’t expecting an invitation and genuinely had no idea she’d be so upset! She replied to my apology eventually but only after H2B told her she should.  Hopefully it will all blow over now, I suggested going shopping together and lunch and she’s read it and not replied! 
    So your mum wasn't there either? In that case your MIL is being extra ridiculous!! Hopefully it will blow over soon.
    edited 18 June
    @MrsCToBee oh gosh! Half of my comment has deleted 😂 i went back to correct spelling and it’s must have deleted more-I’m on my phone so it’s all fingers and thumbs. 

My mum was there but as a last minute replacement.  One of my bridesmaids was pregnant and baby unexpectedly came very early, so she dropped out and it left the girls footing the bill for an extra person, because they have grown up with my mum they asked her for some help and she basically footed the bill for the difference in everyone’s costs so they felt they should ask her if she wanted to come along.  I only found this out a few days before else I would’ve advised against it due to MIL.  I’ve explained it all to her, I Just hope she realises it wasn’t malicious or a slight on her.  This is the problem with very secretive arrangements!
  • How is everyone seating their top table? I originally wanted the traditional way, with my dad next to me and my mum next to him.  Unfortunately my MIL will not sit next to my FIL (he doesn’t have an issue) but theyve not been in the same room since they divorced 20years ago.  I thought about my MIL next to my dad but he doesn’t really get on with her.  I guess I’m falling down trying to please everyone-has anyone got any suggestions? I don’t want a sweetheart table as all the other tables are full so we’d have no overflow for the other parents.