Forum home Your planning threads

Fairytale white wedding- August 2019

• MrsOD19MrsOD19 Posts: 797 New bride
    @Cecilia13 oh my gosh same!! What is with people? I’ve had loads of people ask me the name of the recommended hotel (our venue is only small so we only wanted bridal party and close fam and friends there) and I replied ‘it’s listed on your invitation’ I don’t understand why it’s so hard? But some people have taken it upon themselves to book themselves into the wedding venue without us asking 😭 my SIL was under the impression she had booked a room but there’s now no room for her! Ugh.

Have you sorted it all with your bridesmaids? Yours is so close now! 
    Let’s talk Confetti! 

Im looking at ordering from Adam Apple this week, how many litres do you think we’ll need for 90 guests? I’m assuming some will bring their own but I’d like to be sure! Would 2litres be enough?

Took or Labrador to our wedding venue for our final meeting yesterday. He looks quite at home prancing about the grounds! I told him not to get used to such frivolous behaviour 
  • MrsCToBeeMrsCToBee Posts: 2,957 New bride
    Let’s talk Confetti! 

Im looking at ordering from Adam Apple this week, how many litres do you think we’ll need for 90 guests? I’m assuming some will bring their own but I’d like to be sure! Would 2litres be enough?
    I used AdamApple and bought 4 litres which is what they suggest for your numbers.
    Ohhhhhh okay! Thanks @MrsCToBee you are the fountain of knowledge 😁
    So, we went fizz tasting at majestic wines last night and it was so good! Got to try loads of different champagne/prosecco and sparkling wine-FH was very happy trying vintage Bollinger, I was happy as I was drinking lots of bubbles.  You get the ticket price back as money to spend in store so I’m going to get us a nice bottle of plonk for the wedding morning. Not so much fun rolling out of bed to go and teach group exercise this morning with a bit of a champagne head 😰

We have our our engagement shoot tomorrow! Is anyone else doing one/done one? I envisaged having a lovely pamper day today so I feel all pretty tomorrow but nay. We have been stripping wallpaper and have had a few trips to B&Q and then my FIL came over for lunch so busy busy. Thankfully I had my eyebrows done last weekend and they’re just about healed and I’d left a treatment on my hair pretty much all day so I’m feeling a bit fresher now.  I have no idea what to expect tomorrow though, we’re having the pictures taken in a old castle ruin which is privately owned so I had to request access for an hour or so! Not sure what to wear, maybe will go smart/casual as we’re going for Sunday lunch with our ‘tog and his girlfriend afterwards! All very exciting though.  
    Wow booze tasting sounds fun!

We did a pre wedding shoot, I look awful in all the pics as I had bad sinusitis and my face was all swollen, but it was a useful exercise to get used to posing and being photographed. 
    It was so good @MrsCToBee I love my prosecco but there were so many sparkling wines too that were amazing so it was nice to try something different without paying through the nose and potentially not liking it. 

We had had our engagement shoot yesterday, it was actually such a laugh! My SIL came over to do my make up which was lovely (although we were late as were nattering so much).  It was a bit rainy and meh weather but it actually stopped raining for an hour or so! Hopefully we’ll have our pics soon so I’ll post a couple if they’re decent! We also had an amazing Sunday roast afterwards which was a highlight.  

I ordered all our place names today and had to frantically email the email the lady doing our table plan as I relooked at it and realised changes I had made on Friday, hadn’t saved so people were missing and/or spelt wrong.  Note to self-double and triple check things! 

Eeeeeek one month today!! 

All the invoices are starting to come in dribs and drabs.  All feels very real today!
    Glad you enjoyed the shoot!

I had to redo my table plan as I realised I missed 2 people off the top table, so easily done :)

The last month is grim for money, just feel like I'm constantly giving it away now!
  • Wow- 1 month go! How exciting! I feel like I am living vicariously through the excitement of all the lovely ladies on here during the final weeks of countdown!

Ive bought these for us to wear at the airport (he is going to kill meeeeee) mwahahahhaha.  I’m in a mode now of just buying anything (I’m a sucker for anything personalised-marketers dream!) 

I’ve bought majority of presents now though, just need to get the champagne flutes for my vinyls and some little mini champagne (prosecco) bottles for the girls and a little mini whiskey bottle for H2B. 

I bought my pjs for the wedding night from next, they’re the ‘tie the knot’ range by Ted Baker which were in the sale! They emailed me and said there’s a delay on the cami top but the shorts have being dispatched.  If the top hasn’t arrived by next week I might have to go back to the drawing board as I don’t want just a pair of shorts 🙄
    @mrsw2020 I know they’re so gorgeous! I saw them in Debenhams but they didn’t have my size 🙁 hopefully next comes good! 30 days now! I can’t believe how quick it’s coming-I’ve only got three weeks left at work eeek!
  • We saw a couple wearing hubby and wifey t-shirts at the airport a few weeks ago! Fiancé just looked at me and said don't you dare!  :D

Pahahaha @cluelessbride01mine would’ve done the same but as per usual I would’ve ignored him 🤣🤣
  • Cecilia13Cecilia13 Posts: 512 New bride
    Haha! My FH would absolutely refuse to put it on, I'll be highly impressed if you manage :)

Happy 1 month to go!! 
    There's no way my fiance would wear that, good luck 😂
    Haha he will wear it for about 5seconds for a picture and then probably never again 😂

its our month August brides!! ❤️💍
  • Just binge read your thread. Gorgeous venue and your dress is beautiful and OMG THE SHOES!! 

So exciting you’re in ‘the month of’ now. 
    Oh hey @cavalierBride! Thank you 😍 the shoes are my favourite-although im pretty sure my sliders will be on before the wedding breakfast 🤣 I’ve binge read your thread a while ago- not long to go for you either!
    Ordered this little gem which arrived today as our guestbook! It’s so cute 😍

Im getting more like Monica as the days go by I think! 

Mum is coming over today with my Dads suit jacket as we need to find a matching waistcoat. she’s also bringing a bridesmaids dress so I can try and find a matching tie as H2B has decided they HAVE TO MATCH- he only decided this last week and is doing sweet FA to find a matching one. 

Got our engagement photos back! Yay! They’re all so lovely I can’t choose-but i love this one the most I think ❤️ I’m so chuffed with them all! If you’re ever in Warwickshire then you HAVE to visit Guys Cliffe House-it’s an amazing castle ruin and because it’s private property you have to book tours in advance (think is £10pp) and it’s so good! They do ghost tours too as apparently it’s very haunted-i love horror movies so this place was definitely ‘us’ 
    Wow amazing pic! 
    Thanks both!! I realised this is the first picture with my face on it I’ve put on haha 

I’m Caroline and my Fiancé is Jamie 😊
    if you’re in any groups on Facebook you’ve probably seen me about haha 
  • Stunning picture!! I love the sound of the place too, love a bit of a spook!
  • Lovely picture! 
    @CoffeeDogAddict it’s amazing-if you’re in the area at anytime time then definitely check it out, it’s supposedly very very haunted! 
    With just over three weeks to go I’ve made some dents in my ‘still to do’ list! 

Ive sent the Order of Service to the Vicar for checking prior to ordering, going to use vistaprint or optimalprint or something like that I think. 

We’ve paid the cars and florist and we’ve got to pay the venue, photographer and videographer this Friday.  We’re picking up the wood for the centrepieces from our friends tomorrow evening so H2B can get cracking on sorting them.

Ive got a meeting with the videographer just to go over details on Thursday morning and then have my final dress fitting in the afternoon! I’ve also got to pop to slaters  and sort out the men’s ruches and order two more for the dads-H2B keeps bleating on about how the must match the bridesmaids dresses! At this stage he will have what he’s given.  They’ll be near enough and I’m past caring when he should’ve sorted this ages ago. 

Things still to do:
    Buy my dad a waistcoat
    Order the Order of Service
    Assemble the centrepieces ready to take to the venue
    Stop online shopping.
    Just placed my order for confetti! Went with Adamapple slowfall confetti in violet haze.  It’s not really our colour scheme but I love how vibrant it all was and hopefully it’ll be a gorgeous day so it’ll really oomf it up! 

I also bought some packets and stickers to go with it! Who knew there was so many confetti choices ey? 

H2B is going to love stuffing confetti packets!