Forum home Your planning threads

Mixed wedding in June 2020 Rosie&Alex

RosiePRosieP Posts: 6 New bride
edited December 2019 in Your planning threads
Ok, this is my first post in this forum. We have started preparing our wedding which will be on 4th June 2020 in Canterbury.

About us
I am Bulgarian, my partner is an English, he was born and raised in France. We are both now based in Canterbury.

The meeting
We met at an internet site. Honestly, I had no intention of meeting anyone after ending my previous relationship. I just wanted to talk to someone virtually. So we started messaging each other which lasted about 3 months. Invitations to the meeting were not too late, but I was most polite to refuse them. Until one day I just told myself to go out and drink coffee with him, it was just coffee and nothing more. So our first date was on 2nd February 2018. I wouldn't say it was love at first sight, but it wasn't a boring meeting. A series of meetings followed, but nothing serious until he decided to invite me to dinner at home... And that's how it all began.

The Proposal
I remember we watched a movie, I was put popcorn in the microwave and asked him to take them out. When he`s returning to the bowl of popcorn, he just sat down on the floor, looked at me and asked me the big question. My answer was ' Maybe ' I said is early for this step and I`m still afraid. We've only been together for seven months. Actually, around an hour later I said Yes. There was no ring we chose it on the next day together. I kept to pay the rent of my studio for a few more months (just in case), until finally I gathered the courage to move and live with him.

PS...  I apologize for my English... It`s not my native and I still learn it. :)

• That's great story! Have you picked your wedding venue?
  • RosiePRosieP Posts: 6 New bride
    edited December 2019
    Thanks love_away. This is not the full story, it's a just short version. :)
    Yes, our ceremony will be on 4th June 2020 in St Martin's Church at 2.30pm and then for the reception we've booked The Parrot pub. We will have small wedding - 40 people, max 45. Still waiting confirmation from some people.
    And is mixed not only because we are different nationalities, but because our guests are very international. We will have guests from France, Bulgaria, Spain, USA, Italy, Romania. I think and one Indian guest as well. 
    In a few days i will write about the ring, how we chose the date, how I bought the dress and i will upload photos too. At the moment we have not enough free time, we both work in a hotel, and on this time of year is very very busy.