Why wait...

Intro

Me and my now Husband met at work, my brother got me the job at a car dealership where I still work back in Dec '09.

I instantly fancied Mr M then, and at that point I had no clue.  One issue in the fancy him was, he was married at the time.

His marriage ended in Feb '10.  With no influence from me.  We became more then friends in May '10.  With me thinking it was just a rebound thing.

With not only an ex wife came 2 beautiful kids

And what I thought was a rebound for himm got pretty serious pretty fast.

In October '10 we moved into our first home together.

My Mum began to get annoyed that we were throwing money down the drain renting so after out year lease on our flat, with my mum lending us the money we bought our first house together.

• Mrs MarlerMrs Marler Posts: 183

The proposal

Mr M is not the most romantic of men, in actual fact one of the least romantic men I know.

Just before his birthday in June '12.  A parcel arrived.  Mr M acted all shifty and ran upstairs and came down with a box.

In it contained -

I said thanks thinking it was a really early birthday pressie for me.

Mr M looking crestfallen asked if i was going to look into the shoe bag.

To which I replied why?? Just do it was my answer.

In the bag I got -

and

At which point I burst into tears and think I managed a yes.

That weekend with the help of the kids convincing Mr M we should, we welcomed to more to the family

Sooty(black one) and Sweep 2 little boys who aren't so little anymore!!

Planning!!!

We decided to have an enagement party as thought it was going to be a long engagement, save some money up and plan then. This was booked for the August bank holiday.

Mum however had other plans.

She had heard from my aunt that Parklands, Quendon Hall was a lovely place to get married, it just so happend they had an open day in June just after we got engaged. So off we went to have a look.  Mr M and I fell in love instantly put the deposit down for 14/03/2014.

So off with that date did we start looking into suppliers

• Thirdthing2Thirdthing2 Posts: 1,288

I'm pleased you are doing a report - I liked your 'taster pics'!

• MrsSabsMrsSabs Posts: 560

You have a peridot engagement ring too! It's lovely.  And our weddings are a few weeks apart.  Looking forward to hearing about all your ideas!

The 2 big things (apart from the ceremony) for me were the Dress and Flowers.

The Dress -

I live in Essex and there are 2 bridal shops in my town.

I booked a trying on session at 1 and didn't find a dress that was the one but found the shop to be very rude to me and my entourage that were there.

Bridal shop 2 couldn't be more different. Didnt have an appointment only popped into have a look and see if anything i liked then book to go back.

Mum insisted I try a dress which I didn't like on the hanger and before you know its the one!!!

Its Bonny Gold 4214.

And to make it better it came in under budget.

I always knew I didn't want a tiara but did a veil, but some of them seemed so expensive for how long I planned on wearing it. (the ceremony and photos).

Mum again is very creative and made it for me she even put our intials along the bottom.

The orginal shoes I bought for my dress were too high, so I had to buy another lower pair I decided i wanted a pair that i could wear again and had been lusting after some shoes for a while and choose these -

In case you hadnt guessed fuschia pink was our main colour and we used grey/silver to go with it.

Why wait...

I know I have put earlier our wedding date was 14/03/2014.

But Facebook really can be evil.

So looking through one day at lunch in Feb '13 our venue say that they have a few dates left for March this year.  So within half an hour why the hell not 21/03/2013.  Was our new wedding date.

6 weeks to get everything together!!!!

• Hooray!!!! You're writing a report image. This is brilliant, you're such a beautiful couple and the children and cats are gorgeous too! Keep writing please image image image xxx

• MrsSabsMrsSabs Posts: 560

Oh wow...I get married 1 year tomorrow and keep thinking I'd love to bring it forward but we are trying to be patient and enjoy the build up.

Congrats on your whirl wind wedding!!

Flowers -

Again 2 potential suppliers after meeting the first one. I knew she was the one.

We choose Big Day Flowers.

When we went for the meeting I said we had choosen our centre pieces but wanted flowers to go around the bottom.

Centre piece on its own. From next in the sale. We didnt want anything too high so people couldnt see each other.

on the table.

My Bouquet. i have a charm around mine so my grandad could still be apart of my day it was also my something blue. From not on the high street.

The Bridesmaid more similar to mine but all pink.

The groomsmen had button holes to match and Mr M had an ivory rose to match me.

Flowergirls had wands in heart shapes and the page boys and mini button holes.

Theme -

To tie everything together in case you can't tell we went for a heart theme, using the fuschia and grey/silver.

Photographer -

I let Mr M choose this one.

After meeting a few we went for Image control photography.  They also video'd the day for us, so after it going so fast we can look back and see it again.

They were very good on the day, but were more for the posing shots then the take of guests and us natually.  but we got some really good shots so all is good.

Plus after the ceromemoy we felt like we were walking the red carpet with the amount of flashes going off.

I did borrow an idea from another bride on here and have set up a wedding album on a website called Wedpics.  It let all your guests upload their photos from the day on there so you can have them too. 

We put cards on the tables letting people know about it.

I decided after going to my friends wedding that I would like a photo booth at the wedding.  But Mr M nan is 95 so the idea of her getting in a little booth, wasn't looking good.

As I had already been to a few wedding fairs I got an email from Fun Wedding Photos.  Very similar to a booth but they set up a little mobile studio so no confined spaces.

They are on facebook if you want to have a look, along with our album of the day.

http://funweddingphotos.co.uk/

I cant recommend them enough

• Love your ring! And your shoes are gorgeous!! Excited to read more!! Xx

The Rings -

After spending ages looking at rings, think we had decided then changing our minds.

We went with Goldfinger. They came to our house, and helped as design our own rings.

I have gone for a half eternity ring and they made the edging of the diamonds match my ER.  Mr M has the date on the outside of the ring. At least he can now never forget!!

Thirdthing2 - thanks shall keep the pics coming!!

MrsSabs - Thanks, I thought we would too!! Mr M far to impaitnent

fox-in-the-flowers - hehe!!  Thanks, You talked me into doing this!!

MondayBride2014 - Thanks, glad I got to change shoes!! it was a good excuse to get the ones I wanted!!

Invites  -

This we had to sort out ASAP.  Mr M sees the invites as a waste of money as he thinks people will just throw them away.

In the end after much discussion we got them from vista print.

They are good quality at a low cost!!

Every little helps with the budget.

Table Plan, Favours, Name Tags etc...

I found the website Light in the Box whilst looking at wedding things and we decided to get our favour boxes and name tag holders from there.

Inside were love heart sweets and little heart shaped bits of seed paper, so people could grow wild flowers.

After paying the tax it worked out the same as buying them from here.

I decided to make out table plan myself -

Another of the centre pieces -

Instead of a guest book we like the look of the finger print trees so we had one of them -

I have a massive sweet tooth so a sweet cart was a must -

Which our guests love and were even helping themselves between courses

Food -

Mr M and me love food, which is why the diet never really works!! image

Starter - Trio of starters - Mini versions of potato and leek soup, pate & prawn cocktail

Main - Lamb Shank

Dessert - Trio of Desserts - Mini chocolate mousse, lemon and lime cheesecake & fruit pavalova.

Shoes part 2 -

Now a lot of brides get the I Do stickers for their shoes Mr M went for -

I also had a second pair of shoes for the evening as I dont do heels very often -

I think I have thought of everything!!

Now just some photos of the day -

Me looking very nervous walking down the aisle!!

• Bubbles91Bubbles91 Posts: 120

I love all of this!!

Congratulations to you both!!  Love the venue, the dress, the colour scheme and the evening converse!! FAB FAB FAB!!

xx