Our Afternoon Tea Wedding Report.

• DrBridezillaDrBridezilla Posts: 1,018

Your bunting looks so lovely! Is it the same as the bunting you used during the wedding day? It looks a slightly different colour but I think I might just be going bonkers!!

xxx

• Thirdthing2Thirdthing2 Posts: 1,288

Thank you juicy!

Dr B - it is the same bunting - or at least, half of it is, we hired exactly the same pattern ("Time for Tea") as for the wedding day, plus another pattern ("Rosali Blue") I think, which was mainly Cath Kidston prints.

I loved it - I think it is really effective and dressed up the church hall beautifully!  Some people suggested having a white satin-y curtain thing around the edge to disguise the plain walls, but I wasn't really after a glamorous and elegant look, I wanted more a village-y, family, get-together-y look, if that makes sense! x

That makes perfect sense image I think the overall look was lovely!

ooo I'd thought it looked more blue - glad I'm not going bonkers! Not about this, anyway!! Xx

Aw you aren't bonkers, you're lovely!  Know what you mean though ... wedmin can get to you after a while! How are all your preparations going?

x

The pizza van worked really well - pizzas were cooked from about 8 in the evening onwards.  They were delicious with a range of toppings and everyone enjoyed them.  No one had been to a wedding with a wood-fired oven pizza van before!

They even made a salad to appease my mum - they said that bride's mums always wanted a salad with the pizzas, but that the salad never got eaten .... but i have to say my mum was right, and the salad got gobbled up just as eagerly as the pizzas!

I just have to add this picture of my husband that has just arrived from my step-daughter ... I wondered where my fascinator had gone ...!

I love Steves new look... That's his next birthday present sorted!! Xx

• MrsStephens2bMrsStephens2b Posts: 428
    Thirdthing2 wrote (see)

thank you MrsStephens2b!

have you started a wedding report? xx

No not yet, I can't decide whether to do one or not?! I do miss everything wedding though so might have to start one so I can still join in LOL! x

Aw Mrs Stephens, I would love to see your report - hope you decide to write one.

Yes DrB - it suits him doesn't it?

Well I think my report is nearly finished!

Our first dance was lovely - it didn't go as well as we hoped technically, because of my dress ... the bustled train ended up coming down, but Steve only trod on it once!!!  I htink if I had worn a hopp under the dress it would have been fine.

Anyway, we enjoyed our waltz-spin-weave routine to All Time Love by Will Young and actually made a few of our guests cry!  (yes, it was really that bad haha!!)

I think we looked pretty relieved when it was all over!image

Thank you LadyofthePerfectManor image

Things are quiet now that it is all over, and we only have the photo album to finalise.  But we are thrilled to be married and ver pleased we came in on budget - with £72 to spare in fact!

So our wedding day and the blessing and evening party all came in at under £5500. image Of course, we are biased, but we don't think we could have had a lovlier time if we had spent double or treble that.

• MrsStephens2bMrsStephens2b Posts: 428

Just thought I'd let you know I've started my report in the newlyweds section. It seemed much more interesting than working on a Friday afternoon. I still need to get my professional pics so not loads of there yet, just a couple of guest ones image

Thirdthing2 wrote (see)

Of course, we are biased, but we don't think we could have had a lovlier time if we had spent double or treble that.

I loved this sentence!! image

• TickleyJessTickleyJess Posts: 1,649

Hi Thirdthing - pictures look absolutely stunning.  You look so, so happy!

What are you planning on doing about your photographs?  When you make your album, what are you going to use?  We have ours on disc, but I don't know whether to make an album or just have lots of prints around the house x

Thanks Mrs Stephens!  I will go and look at your report straight away!

Tickly - thank you - we had a lovely happy day and blessing day too!

Well our 'package' included a high resolution cd with all the images on - about 200.  And an album - one of those coffee table style books with about 25 pages I think, not A4 size, slightly larger at, I think, 25cm by 35cm.  I hvae selected 50 pictures I like, and our photographer is putting it all together then sending us a roughed out layout thing, and once we approve it is about 2 weeks til the album arrives.  We could choose a metal or silk cover or a crystal (perspex) one, but the perspex one is a bit pricier.  We are going for silk with one of our photos screen printed on it.

Then, from the CD I am going to use Truprint or Boots or Vistaprint to make photobooks for my mum and mum in law, also adding in guest's shots, making it a bit more personal to them and individual.

What are you doing? x

• TickleyJessTickleyJess Posts: 1,649

That's the problem - I'm really not sure.  I think we're having several large prints for the walls, but I'd like an album too.  I've been looking at Queensbury albums and they look nice.  I like your idea of photo books too x

I think an album is nice to pick up and take over to show your friends - but you really only do that for ayear or so, then it gets put on a shelf.  However Steve and i wouldn't feel happy with prints of ourselves over the house - you know what my self-esteem issues are like and Steve is worse!  He wouldnt even look at our wedding pics with me at first,  until my son and daughter told him he looked great!

I will buy a print for my mum, and there are a couple of nice pics of my daughter and her boyfriend, and my son and his girlfriend which I may buy them for Christmas gifts.

I am not sure of the make of the photoalbums - I know they are from Italy and that is it!

Tickly - the albums we can choose from are by Graphistudio - but only the cheaper options, the Nappa and cow hide are, I understand, way out of our league! xx

Just a few pictures to finish with ...

• JodielouJodielou Posts: 4,058

Congratulations thirdthing! Firstly, I just want to say WOW! You looked absolutely stunning and the wrap finished your outfit off perfectly- so glamorous. Loving all of the vintage china etc and the flowers are beautiful- if I'd seen a pic of your bouquet at the start of my planning I would have shamelessly copied it! x 

Thank you so much for your lovely comments, Jodielou!

I was really pleaed with my last minute purchase of the Wrapor - I felt it was just right for the dress and the coverage I wanted.

I loved my bouquet too.  Thanks so much xxx

• Hi Thirdthing, I've just been catching up on your thread, and what a brilliant read it was, you have such a lovely writing style image. Everything looked so gorgeous! I loved Steve's wearing of your fascinator at a jaunty angle, very fetching image. I really love the photo of your dress train fanned out image. You really did look absolutely stunning on both of your big days, and what a lovely thing of Steve and his Mum to do so that you could go to Tenerife image. Really, really big congratulations and hugs xxx

Thanks, Fox, I am really glad you enjoyed reading the report and that you liked the pictures.  I think I have come a long way to be able to post them! xxx 

The picture with the train all fanned out - I love that picture too - and to think I was wondering whether to 'go fo it' - I don't care that i am old, I am glad I wore a special dress.  I know I had doubts and lots of more 'mature' brides seem to doubt their right to wear a 'proper' wedding dress ... but I am glad I did.  I would have regretted it if I hadn't.

I really appreciate your lovely comments.

Not long for you now imageimageimage xx

• bellingtonbellington Posts: 1,662

Oh congratulations to you both.

What a beautiful bride, you looked gorgeous.

Love your venue, and all your lovely colours. Your flowers are so nice too. 

Jayne.x 

• mandy503mandy503 Posts: 2,066

Hi third thing - finally been able to read your whole report, its all thoroughly beautiful! Congratulations on such a wonderful day, you looked absolutely stunning, and you both completely radiate happiness!

Your flowers are gorgeous, and really made the best of your venues and budget - totally gorgeous! 

Enjoy your fabulas and wonderful married life - thoroughly deserved happiness!

(Oh also had to mention - we did the whole McDonald's never tasted so good thing!! The day after whilst travelling home!!image  )

• PandemoniaPandemonia Posts: 58

Love your report. And trust me (as another "mature" bride) you are NOT old and you looked truly gorgeous. The dress is wonderful and it looked like a perfect day was had by all. x

Thank you, Jayne - I loved reading your planning and wedding report, so your comments mean a lot x

Thanks, Mandy - the flowers were a big percentage of the budget really - about 12% - but I love flowers and wanted them to feature heavily. Hee hee - somehow McDonald's really hits the spot sometimes, doesn't it?! image

Pandemonia - when is your wedding?  Thanks for your comments, it is very  nice to hear positive comments from another 'vintage' bride!

xx

• si87si87 Posts: 70

Lovely wedding!!! I love the bunting!! Your dress is stunning! Can I be nosy and ask where you got it? 

http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/our-laid-back-afternoon-tea-lilac-lace-july-2014-wedding-/390104.html new to this!!! image

Thank you fuguremrsingy, I got it from a shop called Y.A.P (You are Precious) in Newcastle upon Tyne.  It is an Eternity dress - can't remember the model number ... D3015 or something!  Here is the model wearing it - I downloaded this pic from the eternity site when I bought it.

There are a couple that are similar - but mine was the cheapest!

details pics to help you find it

hope that helps!