Forum home Your wedding reports

Im Married .....Flash!

Hi All,

I haven't really posted very much, but have been lurking and reading fantastic ideas on the boards for 2 years, and finally got married last Saturday. We had the most perfect day ever - and the wall to wall sunshine just made it even more perfect! There were no nerves, and everything went exactly as planned.

Just wanted to flash some photos - we are waiting for our photgrapher ones but here are some that guests have sent us!

Also felt I should come and share some ideas I had for my wedding incase it helps anyone else, since I had so many from this forum. We had a magician for the drinks reception, so while me and my husband were having photos and mingling, he was going round doing card tricks etc - this was a brilliant talking point for guests that didn't know each other but also kept everyone interested and so they weren't just standing around waiting. Everytime I looked over our guests were smiling, which was lovely.

Secondly, my brother wanted to get us an unusal present, and something to remember, so he booked a balloon man for the evening. He arrived at 7:30pm and proceeded to make inticate balloon shapes such as - pink panther, mickey mouse, minnie mouse, a giant pair of headphones for our dj, peppa pig, road runner, yoshi...etc. It was fantastic, the kids were amused watching him, and the adults thought it was fantastic too. He had previously made us Where's Wally as a suprise that was sat on our seats when we entered, and had taken him 2 days!!

Hope my ideas help someone!

xx

• MrsBeau2BMrsBeau2B Posts: 1,513

I love your pics and you looked stunning image Congratualtions!

• mandy503mandy503 Posts: 2,066
    Congrats!! Love yours and the bridesmaids bouquets - so pretty! You looked lovely. Xx
  • Wow - congratulations hon!!

You look absolutely beautiful in those photos and I love the navy suits on the men too - very classy!

Thanks for the tips - I'm thinking more and more that we need to put a few plans in place to keep people entertained during the 'lull' spots, like when we're having photos taken, or after we've eaten and waiting for the band to set up. Thanks for reminding me image

Enjoy married life!! x x x

• Congratulations, lovely pictures. I am getting married at Longstowe hall in 16 days and I am now very excited after seeing your pictures. I hope we manage to get a sunny day like yours.

Hope you're enjoying married life image
  • LittleRed_10LittleRed_10 Posts: 1,453

Looks like something out of a magazine, congrats!

• Thank you all so much for your lovely comments everyone! image We did have the most perfect day, and I am loving married life!

exctiedbridetobe - Longstowe hall is breathtaking! all of our guests were all blown away with it! Enjoy your day, it is so beautiful! Mercedes, Linda and Sally are all fantastic, we had absolutely no worries, they are so on the ball. I will cross my fingers for a sunny day for you. 

Xx