Our Rustic Greek Outdoor Wedding

• MrsH2013MrsH2013 Posts: 842

Presents continued . . .

I'm not a very soppy person. I love my friends and family to death but I'm not very good at putting that into words! I searched for ages to get them a nice card to thank them but they just didn't work for me! I decided last minute that I just didn't have enough to do  image so I needed to make cards too! 

I am a massive Harry Potter fan and I wanted to use a quote from one of the books about friendship to put on the front of the card but then realised one of my bridesmaid's isn't a fan. I know, I should of sacked her right image

So I did two Harry Potter quotes and one Snoop Dogg quote. That may sound strange but man is that guy deep! Me and my bridesmaid Louise always used to request Still Dre and I'd be Snoop Dogg and she would be Dr Dre ( of course haha)

Anyway here's a screen shot of the cards!

Thanks MrsBrown2Be! Oooh that'll look lovely! and thanks again image x

• JobenyJobeny Posts: 66

I'm loving how all the little things came together on the day MrsH, all the little touches look amazing. I love your bags, LLN is so clever. Can't wait to read the rest. xx

Aw thanks Jobeny! I'm glad it all came together as it just felt abit of a mismatch when it was all in boxes but I'm happy with how it looked in the end! image

THE Dress!!!

Those of you who read my planning thread will know that my lovely Aunty offered to make my wedding dress for me. It was a massive ask and I'm happy to say you she did a fantastic job, it gave us an excuse to bond more AND she got to learn lots of new swear words when I told her I didn't have a pattern . . . 

So here it is!!!

and the back

• MondayBride2014MondayBride2014 Posts: 1,134

MrsH I love your flowers!! They are gorgeous!! Everything's just so soft and relaxed, lovely photos they just look amazing!! I love the style!! I agree with littlelovenotes! Major envy, I knew from your planning thread I would do though! image

......and the dress.......gorgeous!!!! Your aunty is such a talented lady! you look beautiful!! I'm so jealous of your tattoos!! 

Plus I think I need to add the backwards shots to my list of photos! I really like them!! Hope you don't mind! image xxx

• I´m so pleased your doing a report! Please keep it coming image

As I´ve said before I love your wedding and am really enjoying seeing all the little details come together, and your flowers... Wow they are beautiful and work perfectly for your day.

I´m also getting married late in the day (4.30) I can´t believe how calm you were on the morning, I´m actually sitting here biting my nails just thinking about having to wait all day, ha ha xx

• I've just sat in my garden in the sun and read all through your planning thread and then your report!!!

You looked absolutely beautiful. Congratulations! image

I'm getting married abroad in August. We fly out 3 weeks today. Can't wait!!! Your stunning report has got me even more excited haha. 

Spanishbrides thank you, I think the planners did a good job of understanding my vision haha

Ah I was the same, I thought I was going to be a nervous wreck and I have lots of nervous energy so I'm very impatient and a worrier normally! I think what honestly helped me was having a timed routine ( it was as anal is 8am wake up 8.15 walk downstairs to breakfast etc etc) so when I had a nervous wobble I just thought about my timetable and what I should be doing (2.30pm have some crisps) that I could just focus on that and calm myself! 

MaltaBride Aw thank you, that's such a massive compliment! 

Eeeek how exciting! Are you all ready for it?! Make sure you do a report on here, I especially love reading wedding abroad reports and there's never enough!image xx

Oooh sorry MondayBride just saw your post too! image

I'm glad that comes across as I just wanted it to be a relaxed and laid back day and I think the photos captured that! 

I remember when I first started planning and so many people (not friends or family!) asked how I was going to cover my tattoos up for the wedding! Errrr I'm not, this is me and I'm marrying my heavily tattooed husband with my tattooed bridal party watching! 

I'm actually going to get more tattoos soon eek!

Yeah of course steal away as I just stole from people on Pinterest haha 

Since going back to work I've been busy busy so haven't had time to update for a few days so I'll carry on from where I left off . . . 

So here's me stepping out and showing the bridesmaids my dress for the first time 

My mum gave me a sixpence that she had for her wedding so I popped it in my shoe like the rhyme!

Although I LOVE wearing heels and dressing up, I wanted to stay true to my pop punk roots and change into some converse or vans later in the day. I saw so many great inspiration photos of brides wearing bright coloured ones and then I discovered both converse and vans had mint green ones!!!! I hinted to Rob for aaaaaaaaaaaages but he had already bought my wedding present and I couldn't really afford any more stuff! 

Anyway on the wedding day the bridesmaids gave me a bag from the best men and inside were these!!!!

Needless to say these were constantly on my feet for most of the day! 

• mandy503mandy503 Posts: 2,068

Ah, lovely report so far, you look so happy and excited in that picture above! Love the shoes too - what a great surprise!! Xx

The vans are soo cool!! I love my vans and my converse!! Wear them all the time at work!! Real comfy, perfect to spend the day in!!

When you have such artistic tattoos why would you cover them up? I can understand some brides who've maybe had an exs name on their shoulder or something like that but other than that be proud of what you have! image

i really love your photography style, its hard to describe what style I want to photographers without sounding ridiculous! Like an Instagram style, relaxed fun shots, that focus on the little details. I love close ups, not of myself obviously of the details of the day!! image Xx 

• You're welcome image

What a lovely present. Haha. Bet u were chuffed when you opened them up. 

Yes everything is ready now really, just waiting for the 27th to roll around so we can fly out there image Just a few little things left to get like earrings, bracelet and a nilip subtle lip stick but not in any great rush for them as I know they will be pretty easy to find. 

Not sure on a planning report. Scared no1 would read it?! Haha image

Keep it coming....image

xxx

Thanks mandy503 I don't think I stopped smiling all day!!

MondayBride - no wonder you didn't see my shoes, it didn't post! I've edited it now though!

Ha yeah luckily I've never had my ex's name tattooed so I was pretty safeimage 

I always think you should be yourself especially on your wedding day!

Yeah I know what you mean, that is my photographers natural style so I was lucky I didn't have to explain much, I found pinterest a good way of showing what I wanted. Maybe you could make a board for your photographer? xx

That's what I think I'm going to do, get all the sorts of images we like together on one board!! 

Well I was thinking, am I missing something! They look really nice!! They're super sparkly you were right!! Did you glue each one on or glue a section on the shoe and them place them on? .....I'm 20 questions tonight! Can you tell? image Xx

• Melissab90Melissab90 Posts: 49

I'm loving your thread MrsH. I haven't been on for a while and was so excited to see you had married. Congratulations and keep it coming image x

• cherrydropcherrydrop Posts: 904

Amazing dress and amazing shoes!!

• BuddletBuddlet Posts: 1,289

Oooooo loving the mint converse! Love your thread image such a happy beautiful bride xxx

Ooooooooh lots of messages and not one notification!!! I've been spammed too so I've really made it!image 

MaltaBride you should definitely do a report! I didn't think anyone would read mine so I'm so happy to see people are! You need to represent the wedding abroad bridesimage glad you've pretty much got everything sorted, you can have a loooong relax!

MondayBride - this forum is so annoying sometimes I've had to revisit almost every post so far as it cuts it off! I found putting the glue on the shoe a small section at a time was the best technique! Just pm me if you need any more advice image

Thanks Melissa90 it's your wedding soon right? Or is it next year? I have a terrible memory! 

Thanks cherrydrop image I'm loving your planning report image

Thanks Buddlet you was a happy and beautiful bride too! Hope you're feeling better xx

• PoppinsPoppins Posts: 3,146

Awww I'm loving your report! I missed your planning thread so its lovely to read your report! Your dress is beautiful! xxx

Aw thanks Poppins! I'm hoping to sit down tonight and do a bigger update! image 

to be honest I left so much to the last minute that I hardly had time for my planning thread - I much prefer writing a report! 

im really enjoying your thread too! X

• PoppinsPoppins Posts: 3,146

Awww thanks! I think because I've put so much detail into my planning thread, I think my report will mostly be photos!! Xx

• Melissab90Melissab90 Posts: 49

Can't wait to read more image I love the donkeys I'm tempted to get some also now. Was a bit worried about the way they are treat and whether I'd hurt them lol. 

My wedding isn't until July 2014 but its in Lindos image xx

• JobenyJobeny Posts: 66

We want more photos of the donkey's image xx

Melissa I remember that you were getting married in Lindos just couldn't remember when image 

We were assured the donkeys were well treated and we only sat on them for a couple of minutes so they were fine, they seemed happy - one tried to eat my bouquet!image

So I ruined this next bit as I've already posted this photo on that flash your photo thread but oh well!

I'm a daddy's girl and my mum really wanted a photo that captures my dad seeing me for the first time.

So my dad turned up early at the hotel and I was still hanging out in my pjs and vans (plus tiara!) so we made him wait in the hotel bar haha

We decided as my hotel room had such a large balcony I would wait out there with the photographer behind me  and this is the result . . .

I love my mum's face in this as well!

It was such an emotional moment and I think we all had a little tear and it's a moment I'll definitely cherish.

Here's one when we've stopped crying! 

Then we had enough time to just chill out on the balcony, drink some moet and have a few photos before the taxis arrived

This is currently my fave photo

I LOVE this one of my bridesmaid - so cheeky!

And this classy one of me and my family . . . 

• cherrydropcherrydrop Posts: 904

I love the pictures of you and your dad! Made me a little bit emosh! And what behold looking bridal party by the way! image

• giddy-kippergiddy-kipper Posts: 521

I just welled up too.lol. Those pics of you and your dad are so special.

love the one of you all flicking the v's as well..cheekyimage.

looks like a beautiful day.xx