Nice day for a Cypriot wedding! 21.06.13 at Ayii Anargyri, Miliou

Hello

I decided to write a report as I love reading them on here. And over the past 2 years I have picked up all kinds of ideas. I hope someone likes reading mine. I can't promise it will be very well written but I will try to include lots of photos from the wedding.

We got married on Friday June 21st 2013 at Ayii Anargyri in Miliou, Cyprus. It was an amazing day and I wish I could do it all again!

Meeting

I started uni in September 2003 in Liverpool, I went out with a few frogs and was having a good time going out a lot with my friends and kissing random people! Then we met in March 2005 at the medication student night at the old Cream club in Liverpool.

We were both students at JMU and didn't imagine a kiss in a club would lead to a wedding 8 years later! This is a picture from christmas time 2005 when we were going to a smart dinner. We look so young and geeky hehe.

Dating

After Mr F got over his shyness we were pretty much inseparable and best friends. When I graduated in 2006 I decided to stay in Liverpool and I found a graduate job and we got a flat together. We went on our first holiday to Tenerife after graduation and started to feel like grown ups.

We had lots of adventures, lots of holidays and trips. In 2008 my job took me back to Newcastle, and Mr F managed to find a job up there in 2009, but we had almost a year of long distance relationship. We became stronger than ever during this time and I knew for sure he was for keeps. Also the fact he was willing to leave his beloved Liverpool for me was a good sign!

Engagement

We didn't really get engaged in the normal way. We had been talking about it for a while and following the Royal Wedding in 2011 we decided we would get married and that was that. Then in May 2011 my Mum gave Mr F my grandmothers engagement ring and he got down on one knee at a BBQ at my Mums. 

We decided we wanted a small wedding abroad. We were asked to invite more extended family so we changed our original long haul ideas to Cyprus, a place I loved and had been many summers growing up, and which wasn't too far for some of the older generation to travel.

We went out in September 2011 and met our wedding planner Stella and looked at some venues. We booked our venue in October 2011 and the planning began!

We looked at Coral Beach, Vasilias Inn and Ayii Anargyri. Straight away we knew Ayii Anargyri was the one. It is beautiful, tranquil and traditional Cypriot, but all set in a fancy spa and hotel.

I will come back tomorrow to write the planning part and wedding, I didn't realise it was so late.

• Cajo2013Cajo2013 Posts: 361

Ooh loving it so far, can't wait to read more!

How lovely you have your Grandmother's ring, that's very special (and unique) xxx

• We chose Ayii Anargyri for the ceremony and the reception.

Once we did that it was time to invite everyone. We made our invitations on vista print and a wedding website on google sites.

We also made wedlib cards on vistaprint instead of having a formal guest book!

• We decided on a colour theme when I chose the bridesmaid dresses. I loved Monsoon's claire dresses and so a yellow colour theme was chosen. The invitations above came after this! Sorry for jumping around.

Then I started going a little bit yellow mad and we ordered yellow ties, yellow sunglasses, yellow striped straws, yellow striped gift bags, yellow stationery...

I also ordered some cute wooden trees for table decorations, tea lights and candle bags for around the pool. We had local cypriot flowers and petals as confetti.

I struggled with what I wanted for my dress, I didn't want anything too traditional or hot or expensive and after trying on some gorgeous Pronovias dresses I ended up with the Biba Daisy pleated bandeau dress from House of Fraser in London, which at £595 was significantly cheaper than the almost identical Pronovias Faisan.

Hubby went for a simple lovely grey suit from Moss Bros with the same for his best men (without a wasitcoat) and a white M&S Shirt

My shoes were lace wedges from Aldo, very comfortable when wearing around the house at home, but my feet were like swollen trotters in them in Cyprus so I quickly changed into the converse pumps I had bought especially for the wedding, after the ceremony.

My bridesmaids had Mel shoes and Jon Richards silver pearl jewellery from Debenhams.

• I also attempted to make my own table decorations from recycled paper. It was a bit tedious so I only managed to make one!! It went on the cake table anyway

In this photo you can see our flowers, wooden trees, post box, cake and recycled flowers display. And also the yellow sunglasses.

A lot of the decorations were from pipii.co.uk and the sunglasses were from ebay. The cake was from Love Island Cakes. I made the post box myself and the flowers were from a local Cypriot florist recommend by our planner.

• We chose the VIP Lounger to transport our guests from Paphos to the venue and back. This was a luxury air conditioned coach with hostess drinks service. It went down very well although it did get stuck on a hairpin bend in the hills for a while!

Photo on the coach...

I got ready at the venue with my Mam and Bridesmaids. We had Renoir Hair and Karen Hall Make Up to do our hair and make up and I was really happy with it.

Our planner took photos for us but we also had Dimitri Katchis as our professional photographer. After the ceremony he took us to a nearby reservoir for some couple photos. We really enjoyed this part of the day.

It was so easy to get married in Cyprus, we got a statutory declaration at Paphos court house and our marriage licence at Polis Town Hall. I enjoyed every minute of it.

Ayii Anargyri was stunning. The food was gorgeous, the wine was beautiful and the atmosphere was great. The photos don't do it justice. Our guests were stunned. We were lucky enough to have Blue Jar playing during the ceremony and cocktail reception and then DJ Rhian in the evening.

I am not very good at writing the report so I am going to summarise everything then upload some photos of the day. If anyone has any questions, please ask. I hope you enjoy looking at the photos.

Wedding dress: Biba

Bridesmaid dresses: Monsoon

Mens Suits: Moss Bros

Shirts: M&S

Ties: Formal Tailor online

Mens shoes: Burtons

Bridesmaid Shoes: Mel

My shoes: Aldo and Converse

Decorations: Ebay and Pipii

Sunglasses: Ebay

Cake: Love Island Cakes

Venue: Ayii Anargyru

Transport: VIP Lounger and Iwantataxicyprus.com

Planner: Stella Virdi

Music: Blue Jar

Flowers: Annivia

Hair: Renoir

Make Up: Karen Hall

Town Hall: Polis

• One thing I forgot to mention is how special the day was for another reason, and also how it made it very emotional.

A month before we went to Cyprus my dad was diagnosed with cancer and had to have his eye removed, it was a very tough time and we weren't sure if he could come to Cyprus. Thank goodness he was able to, he battled through it all, got a temporary fake eye and was there to walk me down the aisle. I don't think he stopped crying from the moment he saw me until after he had done his speech. I was so proud of him!

My Mam has also battled breast cancer and I was so pleased she was there. Rachel and Karen from Renoir did a great job of making her feel pampered and pretty and I was also so proud of her and how amazing she looked.

I couldn't have done it without my parents there. Their support throughout the whole planning time was fantastic. xx

• BanariBanari Posts: 1,847

I went to Ayii Anargyi on a long spa weekend earlier this yeat and it was beautiful there. Me and the friends I went with were saying how stunning it would be to get married there and your pictures show that it was a stunning wedding!

It's also brilliant to see another bride with yellow as their colour choice - I am also having yellow flowers!

• I will post some more tomorrow x

• Ahh thanks Banari image It was a brilliant wedding, so relaxed, I loved every minute of it xx

• giddy-kippergiddy-kipper Posts: 521

You look gorgeous, and very very happy. Congratulations.image

• sal4sal4 Posts: 20

can i ask the hair and make up you had done was it by the lady that stella uses? or someone else? stella is my wedding planner also and would probable be using the lady she reccomends?

x

• Hi Sal

No I booked my own hair and make up as renoir had good reviews and I liked their photos on Facebook plus they had a special offer on at the time. I was really pleased with them. Not sure who Stella uses, sure they're good too as her pics on zaffron always look good xx

• RinaGeeRinaGee Posts: 753

I love, love, love your dress!!! I'd have really liked something like that for my own destination wedding - dammit, why didn't I see this thread sooner!

Congrats on what looked like an amazing day image

• thank you rinagee2b! That's really nice to hear xx

sorry I haven't got round to doing the rest yet, been too hot to get laptop out and too difficult on iPad x

• mandy503mandy503 Posts: 2,068

Just wanted to say how stunning your photos look. The confetti shot is always my fave shot and yours is simply stunning, as is your dress - beautiful!

Xx

• Thanks. Hehe in all the confetti shots hubbie looks like he is being hit with stones! Xx

• Comprar Seguidores en Twitter Comprar Seguidores en Twitter. Comprar Twitter Followers. Aumentar Twitter Seguidores. Comprar Seguidores en Twitter Baratos. Desde 1000 - 1 Millón Seguidores