Sunny 6th July Wedding

Well as the title says the sun shone on our wedding day!

I'm not going to bore you with how we met/proposals, lets face it when reading wedding reports we all really just want - hints/tips and lots and lots of pictures

so here is the first picture to get us going

We both dont like champange and it is always the cheap stuff, so we requsted two cans of Carling in the car instead (defo more us)

• MrsMnowMrsMnow Posts: 463

DAY BEFORE WEDDING

Well i honestly thought i wouldnt be stressed - OMG i was so wrong, i didnt realise how much i had to do the day before.

My mum and sisters said they would help, so we loaded up the car with the upstairs centre pieces/wedding signs/various baskets of bits and pieces - now no-one except me had seen anything i had brought for the wedding, so instead of helping my set up the drinks reception room (the venue was doing the main room for me the morning of the wedding) my sisters were coohing/arhhing over all my personel hand made things and generally just being in giggles and looking round the venue, my mum accpeted the offer of a free drink and started on the wine - it was 10am might i add, then sat in the corner crying as her first born was getting married.  So without any help i set everything up myself.

Here is a picture of my Mr and Mrs Monk letters - this is the first thing all our guests would have seen when they entered the reception venue 

• MrsJCMrsJC Posts: 2,204

Yay! I love reportsimage

I'm going to guess from your lovely letters that you were CMonk2Be?image

That me image  I read so many report during planning and found some really good ideas and bargins too xx

DAY BEFORE WEDDING cont..

Tips

1.   make sure you have people with you who are actually going to help you and leave loads of time

2.    dont worry about how it looks when you leave - i kept thinking it looked bare! but once your guests are in the room it looks so different

It took ages to set everything up at the venue then the next task to be done was my wedding signage, i had signs made to put on lamp posts etc from the church to the venue, they looked really good on the posts but could have done to be slightly bigger 

Then it was off to the salon - I'm so happy that i had booked a few things for the Friday afternoon it really helped calm me down and give me some time to relax, i got my nails and waxing done ready for honeymoon - i really recommend taking a few hours to yourself because from then on someone wanted to either talk to me or take my picture - of course I loved this too

After this i had a take away with my family at my nannas house, she loved it (now when i say family, we are really close as a family so there was 25 of us in the end lol) 

Then i went home with my 18 year old son as the night before i wanted it to be just him and me, he fussed over me all evening make cups of teas and every five minutes asking if i was ok, i went to bed about 10.30 - 11.00pm but me a the H2B was texting each other till about 1am, but i managed to get some sleep and couldnt wait for the morning to come.

• Angie jAngie j Posts: 448

Sounds great! Your son sound's lovely, cant imagine my 17 yr old being like that, probably be on his pc as usual lol.   Waiting for the next instalmemt  image 

Thought i would share some more pictures from our wedding day

• cherrydropcherrydrop Posts: 904

That confetti shot is great! image

WEDDING DAY

Well i got up about 6.30am had a shower and then went to the salon to have hair and make up done with my CB, i had told my other 5 BM's to be at mine for 10.30am - 11.00am as they opted to have their hair and make up done else where, i'm so glad they did! it was so relaxed in the salon, they didnt open the shop for the general public until we were leaving, they had got us some champers and really made a fuss of me, they were excellect.

When we arrived back at my house, all the BM's were there and my Mum, again the bucks fizz started to flow and i gave all the BM's there gifts and my mum, here is a picture of me with my Bride glass that i brought off here from another lady.

By now it was 11.45am and the photographer was turning up at 12 and the lady to lace my dress ( I had paid for a women to come to my house purly to lace the corset on my dress, it was only £20.00 and really worth the money).

Couple more pics to keep us going...

Well when we got to the church, everyone was waiting, it was only now the nerves started to kick in, i can honestly say i didnt see anyone when walking down nor did i hear any of the music which i spent weeks over selecting.

Once we were married we have a few shots outside the church and then off we went to the reception - this is where the fun begins:

I wanted for the main reception room and wow factor so we chose losts and losts of flowers - on reflection we spent loads on flowers and because we went on honeymoon a fews days after the wedding we didnt really get to enjoy them other than on the day we got married, but he ho the room looked stunning (well i think so anyway).

We were announced in which was great and i felt like a movie star!  Now what noone including my husband knew is i have booked the singing waiters OMG they were amazing, they really wound all the guests up during the meal, measuring place setting with a ruler, dropping plates one acted as a new employee while the other acted as the boss from hell, many people complained to the wedding planner, then just as desert was being served the new employee basically told the manager very loudly 'where to go' the whole room clapped and cheered as they all generally thought it was all real - as he walked out of the room the music started and he walked back in singing and then proceed to explain who and what they were, everyones faces were a picture and the video of this is perfect!!!! for an hour and half they had everyone on teh feet dancing even my nan in where wheel chair had a dance.  Although they were a little expensive they are well worth the money, so many people have commented that they have never been to a wedding where the party starts during the meal!

• Cajo2013Cajo2013 Posts: 361

Loving the hot pink! Looks like a beautiful day, and your waist looks teeny tiny in your dress, gorgeous. Congrats to you and your hubby (are you used to that yet?!)

HI Cajo

No where near used to it yet!! still in the process of changing banks/insurance/docs etc but everytime someone asks my name i still say my maiden name lol

thanks for the comments, i also love the pic of my waist xx

• Tara85Tara85 Posts: 31

Hi MrsMnow,

your day looks lovely, your photos look great. Please could I ask which wedding singers you used as I am looking to hire them for my own and I am struggling to find any that have been previously used and I would like to book some that I have heard good reviews abaout

Thanks x

Hi Tara

They are from The Big Entertainment Group in Liverpool (Marcus and Nathan) - honestly you wont be disappointed with them, they were fantasic, we also had a band at night and they were called The Accused these are from Preston, who were also really good.

Hope that helps

• Tara85Tara85 Posts: 31

Thanks so much for getting back to me, I'm onto it now x