Our rainy romantic drunken day- Fri 6th September 2013

Hi everyone, I attempted a planning thread about 6 months ago but gave up when I had no comments (needy or what haha).

So I'm hoping my wedding report filled with pictures will be more successful & cheer me up as tomorrow is my first day back in work after 3 weeks off and am dreading it now I have nothing to look forward to!! At least Christmas is comingimage

Quick flash to keep you interested:

The Build up

We were engaged for a year before we booked the wedding last Feb, and were looking at venues for the whole year! My husband (whoop!) is v indecisive. So it seemed to take a long time coming.

In the 10 days leading up to the wedding we had a series of disasters including the bridesmaid dresses being altered too small, husband's ring getting lost in the post, Moss Bros getting all the suit sizes wrong, our bed collapsing, vegetarians crawling out of the woodwork & people changing arrangements f*cking up the table plan. It was stressful to say the least. (but the people on this forum helped me stay sane-thank you!)

In the end the only hiccup on the day was the good old British weather, the day before was the hottest September day on record and our day was dull & rainy...it all adds to the memories though image

The Morning

I had 2 friends over the night before and felt suprisingly calm. I fell asleep quickly at 11.30ish and woke up feeling so pleased I had slept well to realise it was only 1.30am! Only dozed after that but a big coffee helped me in the morning.

The BMs & hairdresser/MU arrived at 8.30 armed with breakfast and apple sourz...and then the getting ready began!

Mum & Dad arrived...then it was off to the church!!!!

• kitten2kitten2 Posts: 2,240

I love the photo of you two with the dark sky behind you! It looks so dramatic. Congratulations by the way!

• This is my fave official pic at home- i had the best BMs ever

• Ahh thanks Kitten! xx

• LouBLouB Posts: 1,129 New bride

Congratulations, you look gorgeous and agree with Kitten - a dramatic sky always looks fab! Promise to give you some love on here image

• MrsJCMrsJC Posts: 2,204

Yay! Your lovely reportimage. That photo with the stormy sky really is stunningimage

• MrsA6MrsA6 Posts: 962 New bride

Eeeeep your dramatic sky pic makes me excited to see ours - we got married on the 7th and managed to get some pics taken with the sun setting over a cloudy sky, hope ours look as good as yours image xx

• Some of the neighbours came out to see me get in the car which was cute, but bit of a nightmare in my dress as it was pouring with rain...and pouring again when I arrived at the church. I didn't feel nervous really by this point I was just so excited it was actually happening!

I am normally an emoitional wreck at weddings and was so worried about crying but actually I held it together. I had a wobble at the top of the aisle but then as soon as I saw Mr Richards waiting for me I pulled it together...I was just really excited & giggly the whole time.

Here's some of my fave church pics:

The one of us singing is my absolute fave! We love a hymnimage

• kitten2kitten2 Posts: 2,240

Aw you both look so happy!

• Awwww thanks for the love guys! writing this is soooo fun! xx

• TadpoleTadpole Posts: 2,134 New bride

First picture with the stormy sky is fab!! Also absolutely love your BM dresses - where are they from?!! xx

• So because of the weather we couldn't have any photos outside the church so we had them inside...in hindsight I think this is quite a positive thing, it makesour wedding really rememberable and the church is stunning. A few snaps:

We got the confetti shot outside though...

• Up to this point I can remember everything clearly but later on it was such a blur! The car journey was lovely, just the 2 of us talking about how we felt making our vows image and then when we got to the venue we were greeted by the coordinator with champers & the photographer...this is where we did the moody weather shots! I was desperate for a fag so managed to smoke as well. We did feel like we neglected the guests a bit and didn't really get to sample the canapes but worth it to have some alone time & some nice pics.

• Thanks Toad! they're Monsoon, a bargain at £99 each as they were exactly what I wanted xx

• The Reception

We were both pleased we went with a barn in the end after viewing millions of venues as the weather meant everyone spent a lot of time inside  it really did look stunning. I know some people hate chair covers but i loved ours with lace ties to match the Bms and the candellabras looked stunning.

I was really happy with how everything looked inside, the cake was unreal! I have a very, very talented friend who makes cakes for celebs & only had to pay for ingredients- def my best wedding bargain!

We hired a wishing well for cards & a sweetcart which went down a storm with the kids (we had 18 youngsters attend)...i felt like it all went well with our romantic, roses vibe...

The table plan which was an actual nightmare to make turned out ok too image

• Ah it looks lovely .... Thats crondon park isnt it? I went to a wedding there earlier this year its beautiful image

I had a cheeky question to ask where did you get your lace chair tyes from? Who supplied them? I love them! xx

• The Speeches

At this point my husband said he was quite drunk but he did a fantastic job...he was mega nervous before hand but what he said about me made everyone cry! Cute. But then he accidentally thanked his parents by calling them my parents names, was really funny...definitely one of things everyone will remember for years to come....

In the next pic you can see our 'long & low' table flower arrangemnet with mr & mrs letters through it...

• Hi Jessica, yes it was Crondon!

The chair covers supplier is called Leigh Lovegrove  she is so lovely. It was nude satin tiebacks with an ivory lace overlay and she didnt't charge me any extra for the double layer...x

• Congratulations, you're pics are lovely image looking forward to reading the rest! I'd love a venue like that but can't seem to find one local to me that isn't charging a stupid stupid price x

• Ahhh thats really great to know as i'm using her for my wedding next year as well image I'm going to see if I could do the same thing as i love the look - eeek! xx

• The Meal

I wasn't really able to eat any of my food as my dress was so boned there was no room in it even though I was starving! But I made sure i tasted everything & had plenty of wine!

ow

The profiteroles were amazing...mmm its making me hungry now!

The Evening

As soon as the meal was over the evening guests arrived and this is where its a real blur for both of us! We were pretty hammered...I know its not classy but i'll admit to being a drunken bride! Luckily so were most of the day guests as we'd had unlimited wine in our package... We were a bit nervous about the first dance so at least we had lost our inhibitions! I think from here the photos sum it up...our band was amazing & I spent the night on the dancefloor...

As I said...best BMs ever!

So that's it and now it's all over...maybe I'll switch to the TTC thread soon who knows...

Our honeymoon was magical though so will end on that image

Thanks for reading girls, and good luck with all your own weddings! xxxxx

• Mrs Cash, where are you based? Jessica that's v handy, she will def do it for you am sure! xx

• Aww wow, you look gorgeous, the food looks scrummy too. I bet you had a fabulous day. Congratulationsimage.

• Thanks Giddy! Yes was the best day ever image xx

• Congratulatons. image

• Ace pictures and huge congrats

• I'm down in South Devon, in Torquay. Seems to be all hotels down here

• Hi MrsRichards - we shared the same wedding day image

Looks like you had an awesome time and your photos look amazing hun.  Where did u go on honeymoon?xxx

• Hi Mrs W! Yay congrats to us! Have you done a report? We went to the Maldives...was amazing. How about you? Xx

• Hello image Not yet - not sure if I will or not yet, I can't decide! 

Ahhh, where did u go?  We have been before and it's incredible huh!?  Your photo looks very similar to one that hubby and i had a few years ago... hence why i asked where u went!  We went to Coco Palm. 

For our honeymoon we went to zanzibar image absolutely gutted the wedding and honeymoon is over.  Cant wait to get our professional photos back now! xxx

• I think you should! I love a nose at other people's photos image

We went to Kuredu, was the most magical place I have ever been! Perfect honeymoon. I bet Zanzibar was incredible too! It's gutting it all being over isn't it. Sigh xx