Our Destination Wedding Paradise in Mexico.............29/08/13

I dont really know where to start but i didnt do a planning thread so now i have lots of people asking for my Report so here goes........

Mr McC and i met 17/08/2000, Not really love at first sight but there was something there..

We met in our local town on a night out! He was in the year above me at school but i had never seen him however he had seen me image  I were 17 and It was his 18th Birthday the day after and was having a party but i was working! Bummer!! image We met the following day though and so the story began.........

We were engaged in the March of 2001,

This is one of the earliest pictures i can find on the laptop!! Soooo young!!!!

We bought our first home in 2002, Our First Child was born in 2003 and we had our daughter 2007!

ill scan some pics in now so we can have .some kind of timeline going on............

• After our engagement party we mutually decided that we probably wouldn't get married!

The engagement party itself was quite stressfull and with a string of guests invited from both sides that were long lost relatives we cant ever remember seeing just put us off.

When i were pregnant with my son in 2003 we decided to change my name my deed poll, we would be a proper little family all sharing the same name so i did. Ms McClelland was born and soon so was Oliver our first Son.

Every party, Function and night out we were always asked when we were going to marry and no one really believed that we werent going to. People thought it bothered me but it really didnt. The only thing i did not like was being 30 and having to call him my Boyfriend, i felt about 15!!

In 2006 we moved to a bigger family home and had our Daughter in 2007!

Dont get me wrong we have had some testing times, ups and downs but there was never any doubt in my mind that we would always be together so i really didnt need to get married to prove that to the world.

It was 2011 and we were at our friends wedding, time to catch the bouquet! Now i can honestly say this is something i had never done before, always knowing that we werent getting married so id always thought that i would save it for those that wanted it. Anyway i had 2 friends that were desperate to catch it and had been mentioning it loads throughout the day joking that they had brought their trainers in their bags and that they were having it, so having had a few to drink throughout the day i said that they were not going to catch it so i went up to delieratley stop them as a joke!

You can all guess i caught it! I couldn't believe it and neither could Mr McC but it was quite funny. after that it was even worse we had to get married now!!

Well we had spoken about just doing it by ourselves before but wasnt sure so we thought lets just bite the bullet. the kids always pestered anyway so lets just do it!

Mexico was chosen and everthing just fell into place, everyone was thrilled!!

I was even taken out on Valentines day 2013 to choose a wedding ring and got a new engagement ring, What a lucky girl i am..........

Our closest family made it, unfortunately a lot of my friends had to miss out but the day was fantastic, so was over ruled and all the little niggles i had in my head were gone!!

this is one of the earliest photographs of all of us i can find and cant get to the scanner typical!

This is us at the Wedding to blame lol!!

This was also the picture we chose to have on our save the date cards too....

This is a terrible picture however the moment was captured forever so it couldn't be forgotten LOL!!

• Hen and stag doos!!

I did Ladies day at the races follwed by the night out and fancy dress the following day...

Much Fun Indeed,,,,,,,

I dont really have any group pictures, i didnt take many so only have what people have sent.

There was 22 of us in total, no big winners at the races but a fantastic night even though we got back to the hotel for me to be greeted with a 3 foot inflatable willy i had to carry around! I wasnt impressed at first but it was actually quite amusing....

This was at the end of the night, well morning!! Oops.....

Following night was far more civilised......

The night was hillarious and ended in McDonalds again.......

Mr McC then went to the Semi Final of the World Matchplay Darts Competition for his Stag in Blackpool they came early and dressed him up!

I Loved it!!

He was then dressed again for the darts, now the first costume was funny girls even put makeup on him when he was on the train but he wasnt so amused by the second choice of outfit! LOL ......

Hahahahahahahhahha! He had a thong on and knee high boots............

Anyway he had a great time and so did i, i decided to have a mexican garden party! Well while the cats away and all that.......

We used the kids tree house as aphoto booth too and with all the props it was very funny..

My Daughter stole the show though as per usual.

Thats the hen doos out of the way anyway

At the hotel, final preperations and the start of the holiday begins. To marry in Mexico you have to have blood tests so this was Mr McC. He has never had a blood test before and is a little squeemish regarding blood etc.....

Unfortunatley i was that laid back when i got there that i didnt take very many pictures of details, i made tissues, confetti, hankies, fans allsorts for guest

• The Day Of The wedding came,

Argghhhhhhhh

To be married at 4, Salon at 1.30!!!

Girls snorkeling in the lagoon in the morning and boys around the pool.

Mr McC had slept in another room the night before so we did our best to avoid each other.

Getting ready was soo easy everything went to plan and all on schedule...

More pics to follow from the day when i get some more free time. 

• I was skyping friends and family all morning as it were 10pm at home, my friends and family had gathered to have a celebration which meant i could speak to more people at once and no one was left out!!! HOPEFULLY!!

I had absolutely no nerves at all it was all running to plan and was a dream.....

Then Mr McC called me to say he was'nt coming! Even though i knew it was supposed to be a joke my heart sank, i wanted to hit the idiot!!

So then the nerves kicked in......

There were just Me, my son Oliver and daughter Poppy. Im sure we were only alone for a couple of minutes but it semt like ages. Oliver kepy asking me if i were ok which were actually making me nervous Bless him!!

The wedding planners came for me and my heart sank, it was finally here and i were getting married! Eeeeeeccccckkkkkkkkkk!

Instead of going straight to the beach we were taken around all the pools, with everyone clapping and singing the bridal shower. My worst nightmare but looking back it was really nice. Poppy walked infront of me with Oliver holding my train behind. It couldnt have been better, just me and the kids. Anyway everyone heard me before they saw me so they knew i were on my way.

I had to walk the full length of the beack along the wooden walkway before i went down the steps onto the beach. There were so many people stood watching but it really didnt bother me at the time i just wanted to get maried so i was focusing on that. Everyone i passed said how beautiful i looked, good luck and congratulations!

I was fine, and then the music started to play...........

I was a wreck!!

I walked down the aisle to Yiruma, a river flows. It was beautiful......

Not the pretties of pictures, LOL!!

I composed myself and did some heavy breathing..........................

Then i saw Mr McC! I Love him to pieces and him the same, but he is not an emotional person what so ever, and if anything i expected him to laugh at me for being all soppy and crying, then i looked up to see him with a tissue i could not believe it and then that was it, the tears started again!!

I Think this really is one of my favourite pictures, Mr McC not too keen but i will remember this forever and its evidence of the tears. Even though Mr McC said it was the music that made him cry not me!!!!

• The ceremoney was beautiful, nothing could have been better!!

I did hand make all the finishing touches, handkercheifs for the mother of the bride and the mother of the groom, tissues and confetti. I think my Mum has some pictures of them but at the minute i dont have them but i will upload once iv got them.......

Lots of the ideas of how i made them all cam from you lovely ladies on here so a big thankyou to you all that helped.

• few pictures of the ceremony.......

oh and my little girl.....

bless her.............

The rings............

Signing the register........

And then there was the thumb prints, which everyone finds amusing......

And now we are Mr & Mrs...

• Angie jAngie j Posts: 448

It looks wonderful, the whole family looks amazing!  Congrtaulations .

• Oh thankyou soo much, it really was amazing. ill keep adding when I can xx

Job done, we really were and are soo happy.

Champagne and confetti, PERFECT!!

Congratulations Mummy!!

All the family...

The Boys! Very Handsome..

The Mariachi was fantastic

I snook in a first dance before the first dance image Mr McC was conned.....

Me and my Mummy

Proper first dance..

His friends call him boxhead so no dance is complete with doing big box small box lol!!

The Mums hit the drink.

My son watching the fish

My Daughter posing!! For once, not!! Definatley not shy image

M

• We had got married, had some drinks, spent time with family and danced, danced to the mariachi and had our first dance. Now it was time for the cocktails and canapes, whilst the mariachi played for the guests. For Mr McC and i it was time for the posed shots!

Beautiful scenery,

The Rings

The Flowers

Another one of my favourites, this was towards the end of our time at the beach!!

• I hope this is photo heavy enough for all you piccie lovers!

Ill post some more casual photos from guests now.....

Cocktails and canapes...

The Mariachi was so much fun, everyone enjoyed it.

Dancing with our daughter!

My Daughter took this one, she borrowed my friends camera and was shooting us all, all day! Now she wants a nikon long lense camera for xmas and she is 6!

Boys will be boys

My two babies, i think they were looking forward to the day as much as us and were a dream on the day.

• The Reception...

This is most of at the Reception, We ate in Bambeleo, the Resort Steak House.

Starters were a choice of, Citrus Salad, Chunky Tomato Soup, Mozzerella sticks or Crab cakes.

Mains, T Bone Steak, Sirloin Steak, Fillet Steak, Mexican Steak, New Yorker Steak, Pork or Burger.

Desserts, Cheesecake, Chocolate Mouse, Chocolate Brownie, Corn Cake, or Ice cream

Plus Wedding Cake. Vanilla Spongse & Vanilla Cream.

My Cake!!

When we cut the cake Mr McC took his finger and had a try....

He thought he had got away with it untill he was clocked on the DVD. Naughty Boy!

The speeches were fantastic, Mr McC spoke, The Best Man, Father of the Groom, Mother of the Bride and i opened a few cards and said my Thankyou's....

The speeches were the only big part of the day that was not filmed and i hardly remember what was said which is a real shame as everyone was in tears and Mr McC was highly complementary of me, the day, everything!!

We then had another dance before the serious drinking started

And of Course Poppy had to join in, Mummy and Daddy dancing on their own is just not acceptable.....

Then we partied into the night it was fabulous....

It could not have been better. Together 13 years, married in 2013, double 13 is supposed to be lucky yeah? and then as soon as we got in our room around 11.50, the heavens opened! Is it also supposed to be lucky to rain on your wedding day?

Anyway we definatley are lucky, lucky to be together, lucky to have our family and to of had a fantastic super dooper day!!

OOh and look at our bed.....

Along with Champers and Chocolate strawberries, how else do you end the day?

Hope you have enjoyed these as much as i have, Once i have further pictures of all the detail

• Thankyou very much!

Congratulations on the pregnancy xxx
  • wow! beautiful, it amazes me at how it all comes together so well. I am at the very early stages of organising our Antigua wedding and it petrifies me not being able to plan like I would be able to do at home... however reading stories like yours puts me at ease, until I get thinking again, lol.

congratulations, you make a beautiful bride and your family is gorgeous!

X

• Ohhhhhh thank you so much and don't worry it does come together quite easily towards the end and is soon worth every second!! Good luck and congratulations

Gem x