In an English Country Garden... the report!

HI lovely ladies! 

I married my wonderful husband (eek!) on 29th June after months of planning and lots of help from the fabulous B2Bs on here.

I always promised a report but got a bit swept up in the excitement of it all plus our minimoon and honeymoon - and a change of job, phew!! 

Not sure if any of the same ladies are still around but even if not, I know how much I loved having a nosey at other people's pics image 

I don't want to repeat things if I can avoid it so if you want to know more about the planning stages feel free to check out my planning thread which is linked in my signature... 

xxx

• TadpoleTadpole Posts: 2,134

Yay! You're back!!! xx

• DrBridezillaDrBridezilla Posts: 1,018

The Venue

To set the scene... here are some pictures of my Mum's beautiful cottage and garden, my Step-dad worked really, really hard in the year before the wedding to get everything looking lovely and so many of our friends and family said how lovely it looked - even on my Dad's side!!!

haha that's all YAYW will let me post at the moment... I'll try again with more in a little while! xxx

*waves at toad bride image

someone's still here!! How's things?!

I'm v annoyed it won't let me load more - I'll try again in half an hour, they're showing me the bloody 'oh crumbs' lady...

time for some ironing image

xxx

• LouBLouB Posts: 1,129 New bride

Yay DrB! So excited for your report image Hope married life is treating you well!

Hey LouB image

It still won't let me upload any more photos which is really annoying image I've even restarted my computer!! Oh well, I'll have to try again tomorrow.

Married life is fab - but busy! xxx

• Ohhhh I've been waiting for this for ages!

• Hola!!! So glad you're doing a report. Welcome back and huge congrats.xx

• TadpoleTadpole Posts: 2,134

Bah to the "oh crumbs" lady! Very excited to read this! All well with me, time just passing so quickly! x

The Venue - Part Two

Well, I put most of my favourite wedding pics on my facebook - i had to narrow down over 500 to my absolute favourite 144!! It's letting me load those so I'll carry on with what I can snaffle from there while I wait for YAYW to work again... Nothing has changed while I've been away it seems!! 

Some sneaky peaks at the marquee image

There's several other pretty things I wanted to put here - boo YAYW!!!

xxx

HI Lisa - bride and giddy-kipper.

Hope it's worth the wait!! I'm absolutely in love with all our photos but I know I'm probably a little biased!!

xxx

p.s. I think I should add here that our amazing photos I'm using are all from the fabulous Hannah May Photography. She was so lovely but on the day and in the run-up, highly recommended! You can see her blog of our day at hannahmayblog.com in the 'July' section  and her other website is http://www.hannah-may.co.uk

The Preparations....

I got ready at my Mum's house where the marquee was and Tom got ready at his parent's. He had been intending to stay at our house and get ready there but his mum was really keen he leave from hers and as there was very little she'd been insistent about that's what he did. She took lots of pictures of him opening his pressies from me - I'll ask her to send them so you can see image  

Here's my two BMs having their make-up done by the lovely Anna Fairhead. I met her at a vintage fair run by my stepmum, http://www.monicasvintagefair.com - she does vintage styles but also more conventional bridal make-up. She was fab and really accommodationg - doing my Mum's eyes on the day when she had a crisis of confidence image

My BM with her hair all done image

Anna even covered over a scab from an insect bite on my arm - beyond the call of duty!!

Our best man popped over to pick up his girlfriend who had been getting changed with us, so I took the oportunity to have a cheeky pre-wedding pic with him, I love that I'm still in my wedding pj's lol. 

We had a MAJOR pre-wedding disaster and nothing we could ever have predicted or planned for. Our best man had a nasty motorbike accident two days before the wedding on the way to my Mum's and gave us a big fright (not only because of the call to say there was nobody to show the marquee men where to put it!!!). You might be able to see his black eye in this pic! We were very worried about him which makes me appreciate this photo that much more!

I have a few more getting ready pics that I think you'll like, I'll have to do a round two of everything once I can upload from my laptop again! 

• Really looking forward to reading this image Congratulations DrBrideZilla image xx

Aww thanks Kimberly image

I'm hoping yayw will miraculously let me upload my computer pics tonight - fingers crossed!! Xxx
  • PoppinsPoppins Posts: 3,146

Yay you're back!!!! Congratulations DrB! Xx

More prep!

It takes a lot of effort (and make-up) to get a bride looking like... well... a bride! So here's some more getting ready pics!

yup, THIS much make-up!!! 

oh... and all that! 

BM Polly, mid 'do

and BM Steph image

And the prep never ends... last minute hallway touch-ups, I look a bit more nervous in these ones!! 

OH Hi poppins! Thanks V much!

I'll have to catch up on your thread image maybe that's a Happy Sunday task!!

xxx

• MRS LILLERSMRS LILLERS Posts: 1,320

whooppety whoop whoop! image x

• MrsJCMrsJC Posts: 2,204

Dr B! How lovely to have you backimage  I was only thinking about you and your gin bottle table names last weekimage. I'm loving your report so far, and so pleased your best man was ok!

Hehe thanks Mrs Lillers! Loving the sock cupcakes!! Do you do christmas ones?image

FutureMrsJC - eek, just spotted your countdown, not long now!!! Haha what made you think of them? You can see some pics soon. I'm biased but I think they turned out really well image

xxx

My outfit - THE dress 

Some of you may remember that my Stepmum made my wedding dress from scratch. I was SO pleased with it but it took her hours and hours - I now understand why they are so expensive!! I actually took some progress pics and I'm being brave and putting them up for you to see - I think it's facinating to see it transform! Please excuse my mankyness in these pics - I'd usually gone straight from work!! 

The original Kaliko - with an anxious looking SM in the background!! 

The first viewing of my lace trim... it was call sophia and was from http://www.bridalfabrics.co.uk who were really, really helpful with all our queries!

the lining bit...

The first incarnation of the main event!

with sleeves.... 

And the back detail. Not done up, obviously - this was an odd day where I sunburned my back and it all swelled up, about a month before the wedding - I was terrified I'd randomly put on loads of weight but by the next fitting it was loose! I also hadn't put my boobies in the dress properly so let this be a lesson to you ladies - it's amazing the difference a correctly placed boob can make!! 

And finally..... drum roll please..... the *almost* finished article! 

Again this isn't fully done up at the back just because it took too

humpf it cut me off!!! 

*this isn't fastened at the back because it took too long. Once done up properly it didn't have any pulls in it or anything. SM made each individual button loop by hand, making the loop string from thread and then making the loops themselves... and they took forever to do up! Though it was actually a nice time for some breathing space on the morning image 

xxx

Haha DrB!!  Im sat doing a Christmas order now. image Im feeling the Christmas love today image

Love all the pictures of the dress development. You dont look manky at all!!! You are a beautiful lady! xx

Aww thanks mrs lillers - I did think that if I just stick to the pro photos everyone might think I just look like that normally!

I was just being cheeky as I'd spotted all your Christmassy goodies on FB today - they look great!

Ladies, mrs lillers made a gorgeous baby shower sock bouquet for a friend recently, it was absolutely fab - check her FB page out!! Xx

Aww thanks!!! 

Nothing wrong with that! You looked a fittyimage x

• ChazzytChazzyt Posts: 918

Congratulation drbridezilla, just read both your reports! I must say I love love your Emmy shoes! The pics are fab can't wait to see more!! Your sm did a fantastic joB making the dress xx

Thanks ChazzyT! Well done for ploughing through the whole lot - you should get some kind of badge image

There aren't that many on the day pics of the shoes on me but there's some nice detail shots of them. I think my next post will be my accessories image xx
  • MrsJCMrsJC Posts: 2,204

Ooh, I know! I'ts so close! I can't quite believe itimage

I was just chatting to LouB about the gin bottles, as at one time I had fancied doing the same with champagne, but felt too guilty as we were actually serving proseccoimage. I can't wait to see how they turned out! We went for pub names in the end.

Thanks for the dress pics - it really is fascinating seeing it all come together - isn't your SM talented?!

Haha yes, we need to see the gin bottles in all their glory!

Ditto on the comments about your SM - what a talented lady! The dress is gorgeous image

Thanks FMJC and LouB - the dress really was amazing and how she ever made it turn into a proper dress from all those materials I will never understand! She made all the corsetry and everything...

Haha FMJC (sorrry to abbreviate you so harshly!) I wouldn't have been embarrassed, I bet they woudn't know the difference! Pub names sound great fun though! I live near a pub called the fanny on the hill lol you can borrow that one if you likeimage 

I'm going to do accessories next but here's a sneak peak gin bottle pic just for you two image

'the fanny on the hill' - brilliant!!! Thanks for the sneak pic - looks fab image