September 7th 2013...Our Perfect Day

Well we've been married for over 2 months now, and now both families have seen the wedding photos, i think its time i did a little report! This site was such a god send for me this year! I found so many ideas and got so much help from all of you lovely ladies, and reading reports and seeing everyones much anticipated days come together in photographs just added to the excitement i was feeling for my own wedding day image

So now its my turn...

• MrsA6MrsA6 Posts: 962

I wont go over how R and met again, i'll get to the photos as soon as i can because i know thats what we all want to see! If anyone wants a recap or to have a read of our story and my planning thread, you can find it here...

http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/planning/planning-thread-for-our-september-2013-wedding/383783.html

Ok with Christmas and Honeymoon i couldn't find the time to get my report started properly (with the photos!) - so i have promised myself, even if nobody else reads image i'll make a start this week.

If nothing else it will be lovely for me to relive the day, having just got back from our late honeymoon, I'm on a massive post wedding downer - bring on the photos! image 

• TadpoleTadpole Posts: 2,134

I'm reading!! xx

Yay thanks Toad Bride - i'll have to make sure i stick to my promise now i know i have an audience image xx

• Lou85Lou85 Posts: 1,802 New bride

I am also reading! Xx 

• Me too!

• Me too! x

• MrsMGtobeMrsMGtobe Posts: 612

Me too! X

• and me..

• no pressure though, lol X

I had stayed at my Nana’s house the night before the wedding, my mum and sisters also live there at the moment, so that was base for the bridal party. 

I didn’t get to bed until gone midnight the night before, and had a feeling I wouldn’t sleep very well, but as soon as my head hit the pillow, I was out for the count! (Although the bottle of wine I drank before bed may have helped a little!)

We all got up at 7am. Mum and my sister had prepared an amazing breakfast with fruit, pastries etc, but I was that busy making sure everyone was getting seen to I didn’t eat a thing!

Myself and the bridesmaids were having our hair and makeup done at the house, and the team doing that were arriving at 8 – 5 bridesmaids and 1 bride to get ready in 4 hours, the earlier they could start the better really!

The photographer and videographer arrived at about 9.30, and my nana’s 2 bedroom bungalow had A LOT more people in there than I think it had ever had before – flowers arrived not long after...at that point my nana took a seat and watched the madness unfold around her image

I thought the best idea was to get the bridesmaids hair and make up sorted first, then have mine done last, I’m a face toucher and hair messer, so though this was the best idea. Wrong! I should have been in my corset back dress by about half 11 so give it time to settle in before having the corset pulled in again – at 12 I still wasn’t in it and my hair was only just done, I needed to leave the house at 12:20, so we didn’t have time to pull in the corset like it should be.

Tip 1 – If you have a corset dress, make sure you give yourself plenty of time to pull it in again once its had chance to relax against your body. I did feel a bit like I was popping out of it throughout the day, and I think if we’d had time I’d have felt a bit more secure!

We rushed to get my veil in (it was reluctant to go in because of all the pins keeping my hair up!) and rushed out of the house to the cars. I was 10 minutes late to the church, which normally wouldn’t be an issue, but the vicar had booked another wedding in for 2pm (ours was 12:30) so he’d already made a point of asking me to no way be late – ooops! Because I was aware of this, I felt a bit rushed, and zoomed down the aisle rather than floating gracefully like you're meant to haha! But then it didn't matter because R was there and he grabbed my hand and all the flappy, rushed feelings melted away image

Rewinding a little to what was happening at the Church while we were getting ready...

• Lou85Lou85 Posts: 1,802 New bride

Can't wait to read more!

• Can't wait to read more, its great so far image

• MrsE2be2014MrsE2be2014 Posts: 1,459

Mrs A....Congratulations!!

Cant wait for more!!! image

R had arrived at the church about an hour before the service was due to start. The photographer hadn’t been able to shoot R getting ready at home, so he went to the church to get some pre-wedding groom shots there. We were lucky to have two videographers, so we each had someone filming us on the morning of the wedding. Dave, who was filming at nana’s house, went off to the church not long after the photographer, to get set up for the church shots.

We'd booked a Rolls Royce Phantom for my car (which was gorgeous, you have to see these cars in person to really appreciate how awesome they look!) but the company we used only owned a few cars at the time, and i wanted something for my bridesmaids that tied in with the luxury feel of the Phantom. So we had to go elsewhere for a car big enough (or 2 matching cars) for my BM's and mum. After a bit of looking, i found a car i thought was ideal - a Chrysler Limo, also known as a Baby Bentley image It matched up with the Phantom, and i was so pleased it had come together on the day, even though i'd had to use two different car companies. 

As we were running a tad late, it was lucky for me that my nana’s house wasn’t too far from the church at all. We had a few photos taken at the bottom of the church steps, and then hotfooted up to the door to get the show on the road! These fab photos make it look like we are all running up to the church (we weren’t, rushing not running!)

As I’d already mentioned, I felt really rushed at this point. Both the Vicar and the Harpist had booked weddings very close to the end of ours, putting, I felt, an extra stress on the day before we’d even started. (I later heard that our harpist had started playing ‘Here Comes The Bride’ as my mum walked down the aisle to her seat! I know I was late but surely she could see my mother clearly wasn’t the bride!) So, yes, I did rush down the aisle, and also totally forgot to grab my dad’s arm as we walked – duh!

<

Thanks ladies! Sorry if this is a bit photo heavy already - all of our professional photographs were just so lovely, i want to put them all in! image

• JodielouJodielou Posts: 4,058

Don't apologise!  They're beautiful pics!  Really loving your report so far!  And you, MrsA, looked gorgeous image xx

• MrsGB2015MrsGB2015 Posts: 3,123 New bride

Aww you look beautiful hun and LOVE that colour on your bridesmaids!! image

Married since June 2015
    TTC since August 2015

"The greater your storm, the brighter your rainbow"
  • LouBLouB Posts: 1,129

Loving your report MrsA! You look gorgeous and NEVER apologise for lots of photos! image

More please! The site has seriously been lacking in reports recently...

Aw thank you JodieLou and MrsGB2B - I'm loving having yet another excuse to look at our photos - other than the reason 'i just want to!' image

I will get some more on later on (under strict instructions from you Lou image) - really should get some work done at some point today lol x

I love this one of R – despite the fact I was late (he HATES people being late, although I am always late so you would think he would be used to it by now!), to see his beaming face as I was rushing down the aisle was the best thing ever image

I was worried in the run up to the wedding that I was going to cry all the way through the ceremony – I cry at everything! But I think I was just so happy to finally be getting married, I just beamed all the way through – ok I had a slight wobble when Ross’s godmother got up to do her reading, but compared to the floods of tears I was expecting, girl done good image

Speaking of which, I loved the readings from our service. There are so many out there, but i felt like these two fitted R and I perfectly.

Ross’s aunty/godmother was up first, reading Carries Poem from Sex & the City. When I first heard this poem I loved it – then when it twigged that it was from SATC, one of my all time fave TV programmes, it just made me love it even more image

His hello was the end of her endings

Her laugh was their first step down the aisle

His hand would be hers to hold forever

His forever was as simple as her smile

He said she was what was missing

She said instantly she knew

She was a question to be answered

And his answer was “I do”

Then one of my good friends read our second reading, Maybe. She is a teacher and has the most perfect reading voice, it was so nice to have her as part of my wedding in that way.

Maybe…We are supposed to meet the wrong people before meeting the right one, so that when we finally meet the right person, we will know how to be grateful for that gift.

Maybe...it is true that we don't know what we have got until we lose it, but it is also true that we don't know what we have been missing until it arrives.

Maybe...the happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the most of everything that comes along their Way.

Maybe...the best kind of love is the kind where you can sit on a sofa together, never say a word, and then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had.

Maybe...you shouldn't go for looks; they can deceive. Don't go for wealth; even that fades away. Go for someone who makes you smile, because it takes only a smile to make a dark day seem bright.

Maybe...you should hope for enough happiness to make you sweet, enough trials to make you strong, enough sorrow to keep you human, and enough hope to make you happy.

Maybe love is not about finding the perfect person; it's about learning to see an imperfect person perfectly. When you do what you can, love will do what you can't

I think its pretty obvious how god damn happy I am to be marrying my boy in the photos from the ceremony haha Other than when I was listening to the Vicar (super intently because I didn’t want to mess up my vows!) I just couldn’t stop smiling! 

WE'RE MARRIED! WHOOP!! image

The next photo is one of my total favourites from the day - as a rule, i dont like to smile showing my teeth, so i should hate it, but it just encapsulates my feelings and emotions right at that moment so well, its awesome image

• SW84SW84 Posts: 992

Awww lovely photos and you look gorgeous - looking forward to hearing more

xx

I LOVE your fave photo (well, all of them actually!) and the one of you shot through the screen? is gorgeous!  I normally hate smiling with my teeth showing too, but looking back at our wedding pics those are some of the nicest ones of me!  I think whether it's a 'natural' smile makes a big difference xx 

Aw thank you SW84 image

I took a sneaky look at your planning thread earlier, i have planning envy! image xx

Oh, and we had 'Maybe' for one of our readings too- it was really moving xx

Haha JodieLou i am struggling not to put them all on here, i love so many of them! So pleased with our photographer, couldnt be happier with the shots we got back. Even the toothy ones i thought i would hate lol image

The one of me shot through, was shot through the end of a pew, its fab isnt it! xx

It really is fab!  I love it when images are naturally 'framed' like that; I really love photos where the bride & groom are stood in an archway/ in front of lovely, old church doors too! There's something really wistful and romantic about it! xx